Happy birthday to... You! :D

Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo... full of dragons! Come let us know it's your birthday!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Happy birthday to... You! :D

Post by Guest »

So, I'm a (relatively) new presence here, and I don't do the whole template thing because it confuses the pants off me, and art is not really my strong point (o_o why am I here again?), but my birthday's coming up soon, and I hate it, so I'll pull a reverse birthday. :D

For my birthday, I'll give the lot of you the world.

Or rather. A world.

The mythology giveaways smacked me upside the head and Uny and I laughed about Midgard Threadsnakes to the point that I went off and made one. For me. I never make things for me.

Case in point, I sketched, and then I CG'd, and the resultant result is frankly epic by my standards.

Here's where this gets good for you. I will make you one. Yes. For your birthday. Especially because I've missed almost everyone's birthday in being able to deliver shiny things to them, and this has made me greatly saddened.

They're world-snakes, the world and the snake are basically the same entity. They're known by the same name. Their sizes and ages are relative (mine is being essentially kept in someone's pocket, because he's a threadsnake, but yours can be fucking huge if you want. :D ), and they're fucking planets. I would color that a shade of kinda neat, right?

And here's the stuff you get to tell me about to get one:

Your name:
Your birthday: (can't get one if you're undead, God, or some other eternal ageless thing, sorry. Tough luck. XD; )
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: (I'd prefer no repeats, but there's always color varients ... >_> And stuff. Pictures help. A lot.)
Tell me about your planet: (climate, water % and stuff of that nature. a new planet. a planet you've not made before (so then I can't mess it up. :D ))

They won't have very strong powers (they're busy being ecologically balanced) and will only be able to mate with other cosmic serpents or other relative-sized/aged/existanced beings, but...

Delivery will be July 5, probably, since that's my birthday and I hate it, but this way I can get a head start, right? :D

Happy birthday(s), you! ^^;;

Post by Guest »

Omg, that is the cutest little ouroboros-looking snake ever! You really should for more drawing stuff, because that is really awesome. :D

I'm not sure if I count since I'm pretty new here and my birthday isn't for a couple months yet. I don't mind if I don't - I'm patient and can wait until October. Bwah!

Your name: NeoGeen
Your birthday: October 15
Your snake ever: Can I go with a Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake?
Tell me about your planet: Let's go with a cloudy, water-covered world.

Post by Guest »

You totally can, even if you're not until October. ^^ My brain might forget about this until October comes around again. :D

Yeah, I don't do the arts so much, because I'm much more of a writer. (Again, the crack am I doing here? *stare* o_o; ) But i'm glad you like. :D

Also, that is an epic snake. XD;;
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

That's some awesome neat, there. XD I feel like some worldbuilding, so I think I'll go with some random answers here.

Your name: Kitsuneko
Your birthday: February 15, 1987
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: You've got a choice of either a water moccasin, a rainbow boa, or a common wolf snake. Whichever is easiest/most fun for you to draw. Unless someone else picks it. XP
Tell me about your planet: Uh, I dunno, something random? Alright, how about: Lots of water, little land (mostly around the equator, very deep green), few clouds. Lots of large, white glaciers around the poles. I think I'll use this world for my Deep Sea creatures, maybe future giveaways, too. XD

<EDIT> Also, I have a serious urge to breed one of these with Kukulcan. :D
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.

Post by Guest »

Your name: Birdie
Your birthday: June 12th (3 days!)
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: The Red-headed and tailed Blue Snake is pretty.. epic.
Tell me about your planet: Moderate temperature with about 50% water. No ice, most of the land is very green with a few dry/brown areas.

Post by Guest »

Oh Lilu, I could marry you. It's so cute. But I have to google snakes *shudder* But I waaant one. *double shudder* I can't do it.

Your name: Maaer
Your birthday: December 7th. *pleady eyes*
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: Entirely your choice. I looked at three pictures and ... couldn't any more. :P
Tell me about your planet:
Climate is rather on the cool side, most land is surrounded by iced over water. Glaciers continue to carve the land as they travel. The people (if you want to call them that) live on the glaciers, digging caves into the core of the ice. Entire civilizations exist on the giant ice blocks. The land itself is largely snow covered and undeveloped. Towards the southern pole, the only place the sun's light touches due to the planet orbiting in a circle above the sun, volcanoes and earthquakes constantly trouble the lands. There are few inhabitants of the volatile lands. The people on the glaciers are superb fishers and hunters of birds and large animals when they are close enough to land to move from glacier to solid land and back. Hunters are young men ages 14 to 27. Monogamy is a thing of the future to these people and, well, the more children the merrier.

... Uh, that was more information than you needed. Damn. It sounds like a cool place I've just developed for you. I HOPE IT'S ENOUGH INFORMATION LILU. You can ignore everything after the first two sentances if you want. There's also a sentance in the middle that's important though :P
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

You already know how much I love your threadsnake. And how I lust after one to call my own :D

Your name: Kendarath
Your birthday: Jan 18th.
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: Maybe the Coast Garter Snake or the Albino Burmese Python?
Tell me about your planet: Hmm. My planet shall be a planet of extremes. Very very hot in the summer, and very very cold in the winter. About half-and-half water-to-land ratio, maybe slightly more watery than landy, but not too much.
ImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Heee, that's incredibly cool right there.

Your name: Shard
Your birthday: July 27 1967
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: Now, I had no idea that there were this many snakes in California, when I looked on this one site. But, there's one that is named for my city! the San Diego Ring Neck snake, which are *freaking adorable* because they only get to be less than a yard or so long.
Tell me about your planet: small, on the warm side but not oppressively so. Summer rains are common across the hilly lands, snow-capped mountains frame a large basin on one side of the world, while on the other volcanic activity is still common and sometimes sends tsunamis across to the sedate coast.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

*runs through taking orders like a crazy waitress on roller skates* :D!

Kit: That... would be an epic breeding. XD

Shard: X3!! Tiny!snakes make me inanely happy. The threadsnakes mine is mirrored after only get to be like a foot long. :D I <3 snakes in general, but tiny!snakes I just find adoreable.

Maer: *HUG* Sorry to traumatize you. :( I'll find an awesome one for you, though. ^^;
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

This is a sweet idea. :) Looking through snake pictures/communities for the right picture has made me want to get one now. :P Too bad my boyfriend isn't as supportive of giant legless things as he is of lizards. Well that and Ottawa bylaws suck with regards to cool large snakes.

Your name: Delyar
Your birthday: March 6th
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: red blood python, baby image
Tell me about your planet: Thick hazy atmosphere, let's go with purple clouds. About 60% land, 40% water cause it's all evaporated. Land is mostly deserts and patchy brown ugliness.

Let me know if you'd like anything in return. Birthdays are a good time to stock up on lots of cool dragons. (And we used to have a lot of writer > artist people before, so don't feel awkward about it!)
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)

Post by Guest »

Haha, thank you Lilu~ You're my hero, haha.
I wasn't overly traumatized I just, every picture I found was of a snake NOMMING it's food. And it's food's butt and tail and feet were hanging out. That's just not cool :P
*is very exciterated for a world!snakey* :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Your name: StarFyre
Your birthday: September 25th
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: Hmm.. pick something fun, eh? I like being surprised
Tell me about your planet: As above =P Go wild.

These are cute, Lilu.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Because you told me to. :3;

Your name: Uny
Your birthday: 03-17-83
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: Korean Tiger Keelback snakes. <3! As seen in http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/Ar ... 370319.jpg and http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/295 ... a551ac.jpg They're so cute! :D (Yes, they are green and black and white, with BRIGHT ORANGE sides. And GIANT gold eyes. X3)
Tell me about your planet: Approximately earth-like climate, and general appearance, about 70% water, with two large-ish continents (think the size of South America or Africa, for size.. not huge, quite as small as Australia) on opposite sides of the planet, and several smaller islands (some volcanic, both active and non, some just chunks of land, and I'm sure there's an atoll or two out there too <3) scattered here and there. The larger continents both have a variety of habitats, from deserts and essentially barren plains (mostly in the middle of the continent), to mountains and forests (mostly around the outer edges), and all of the islands are chock full of foliage. Tiny!rainforests. ^.^ There are ice caps at both poles, the southern glacier being larger in range than it's northern counterpart; large enough to touch at least one of the continents and spread frost to a few of the closer islands (those are the only ones that aren't green <.<;). The north pole is just a patch of ice, all by itself. Cloud cover is moderate, with at least one hurricane constantly building/blowing/dissipating at all times.

Good enough? :D If not, you can totally ask me if you need to know any more. I live two rooms away. XD
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

Your name: Xalia
Your birthday: September 4th
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: I absolutely LOVE the California Kingsnake. We find them all over the barn and they're insanely courageous (they eat rattlesnakes you know...). I have a friend whose kids found one in the backyard and when he opened the door to see what they were checking out it slithered right on into the house and moseyed his way to the front door which they promptly opened for him! XD Do a search on google or yahoo for images and you'll get loads...the plain ones are black and white striped (as was the one that used to live in my horse's stall...<3 )
Tell me about your planet: Varied climates depending on location so varied habitats and the like...I'm thinking 70-80% water? Totally want a planet that requires major water culture...anything else you need to know, make up? Or I will when I get it?

Yay for snakeys! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
karimuffin
Egg

Post by karimuffin »

Because you told me to sign up. >_>;

Your name: Kari Muffin
Your birthday: November 7th
Your favoritest favoritest favoritest snake ever: The common Northern Boa. He's not all that impressive but I think he's adorable.
Tell me about your planet: It's a planet with very little water--mostly large land masses. And that's all I'm giving you since... I have no idea otherwise. Have a blast.

Post by Guest »

Woo! XD This is going to be fun! :D I'm glad I can get a lot of you excited about something I'm doing finally. XD;

Also:

Maer: fail at google. x_o

Xalia: o_o That. Is one epic snake. On personalities alone.

Delyar: I have been enjoying your work, and totally would not turn down shinies for my birthday! <3 I think the thing is that I learned dragon-adoption via the Bishen Realm and other sites Indy's had influence over, so writing is like, THE ONLY THING that my brain registers as CAN HAS DRAGON mode. ^^ The Nexus is an interesting change. But I don't think I can lay down my epic-writing ways. ^^;

Kari: One day, you'll sign up for something for a reason /beyond/ 'because you told me to'. e_e;; *teaseshove*
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I've just come back from a three year break, so it's changed a LOT since I was gone. Back then we had the whole 20 page stories for the golds and hatching stories, flight stories, huge frenzies etc. I remember spending weeks writing up candidates, some of which ended up part of NaNoWriMo every year. It's nice to see we have a whole spectrum of options now though. :)

What would you like? Anything from a specific pairing to general "I want horns and scales and... flying" will do. :)
Character Listing

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I do the 'I will write twenty pages and expect ... um... I dunno, was there a theme? THE PLOT CAME OVER HERE AND ATE MY CUNNING PLAN FOR A COLOR! ;_;' thing quite often. XD; Case in point, I recently was writing a save-the-world-by-dagron story and uh, all the main characters are paladins and awesomesauce, and then I... accidentally... threw the paladin planning out the window for the dragon because my muses smacked me upside the head and gave me some alternate backstory and... now I have paladins accompanied by a small black dragon of wrath and angry. >_> The bright side is he likes killing demons ... but only because he likes killing? It makes for fun plot and dialogue, at the very least. XD;

Me, I have love of hooves, ram horns, and shapeshifters, but you can totally surprise me if nothing works along those lines. :D

<3 Thank you!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Sorry this took so long, I've been fighting an obnoxious cold.

Here's your shapeshifting ram-horned hooved dragon... thing. The first/cuter form is about the size of a house cat and moves much like a bunny - including hoppy legs. The second/bigger form is about the size of a pony. It's your choice whether those wings are flight worthy or not. It's capable of speaking telepathically in both forms. Gender and other abilities are all up to you.
Character Listing

Post by Guest »

Kyaaaaa~aah! He's /adoreable!/ And yet so noble and refined! X3 *squeak!* Thank you!

I get to work on snakes today, after um... midnight, probably, because we have houseguests and out-things to do. x_o; Thankfully they aren't all /that/ labor-intensive.

*GLOM on delyar and then on shiny shiny dragon and staer at brain as brain tries to determine where this fits where* .... X3
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Glad you like. :D
Character Listing

Post by Guest »

So... those snakes. XD Of the eleven, I have six done, and will work on them some today (if I have time. >_>; ) and not tomorrow (YAY DAYTRIP! :D ) but am getting them done. XD; *facepalm* Sorry for flaking. Our art!kompyootar had death moments the other week, and my laptop shuts down at the slightest overheat and also has no internets because the wireless card died. >_>; *more facepalm*

But there is working on this being done, so. :D Stress not, worry not, I suppose. <3