Quarterlife Crisis!

Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo... full of dragons! Come let us know it's your birthday!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Glaring error? WHAT glaring error? I only see amazing Neo-drawn Balechild goodness! @_@ That is so awesome, I love it! :D ::amuses self endlessly going back and forth between child and mothers images and seeing how the traits added up:: Thank you! ^____^

Besides, Anathema CAN "breed" with other females, in a way... that involves corrupting the eggs laid by the other female by some male. X3 So it works just fine if you don't mind a little leeway. 83 Kyee. <3

Post by Guest »

Whoo! As long as it works in the long run.

I tell you, I went through all of the Balefire Taints and I'm envious of all that awesome in one spot. :D

I was having little day dreams of making a dragon specifically to corrupt with balefire, making some kinda crazy nasty dragon. Drawing your gift definitely hit the spot. <3 I love that crazy green fire!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh my god. XD

Wing high-five of doom, right there!

That's awesome! (I love the feet and the lineless edges. :o What kind of process did you use to come up with that?

Post by Guest »

When I saw Unkyo's last awesome dragons (the poison feather ones) and the technique she used it planted the idea I could try the technique I use to color full images.

Pencil sketch with hard lines
Colored in OC3

The only really annoying part is the clean up to make it a transparent PNG.

Lots of work, but I dig the result. :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm imagining transmorgifying lightning bolts from the wings and it's awesome. 8D
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

That template is absolutely available! :D And, since they haven't been hatched yet, it has a pedigree and everything.

Except, then something happened. :shock: Don't ask me how it happened, all I know is that something went HORRIBLY WRONG somewhere along the line...

Someone may have heard about the clutch and went to go have a look-see. o.o

Happy Birthday Phe! :D I hope you like it, though now it pales in comparison to Neo's shiny balespawn. *boggle at it* Stats are up to you (all I know is that it can change any part of it's body that may have once been fur into balefire.. and back..? at will? *shrug!*), but it'll have the same pedigree as Dray's Frost. (And like Dray, I'll let you know where/when the parents are up, if you want to keep records. <3)

*salute and scamper off* X3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Guest »

Gosh that is beautiful Uny! They look so delicate, like glass. I love that transparency effect.

Is that going to be a future clutch from you?
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Joining the balechild bandwagon, though wow Neo and Uny, those are awesome looking!

This guy's father is Raniace (http://characters.lambeosaurine.com/d-raniace.html). And I have a new respect for how much time it must've taken Dray to draw that guy, I can't move my right hand very well now. :P (Though omg giant anatomical issues, whatever he's on FIRE!)

All I ask is that you keep him male. Dad's abilities are Ice Magic, Fear Aura, Sleep Magic and Warding, so feel free to mix those in. :) Hope you like him.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I was JUST thinking of Raniace yesterday and wondering where he'd gone, funnily enough! XD Phe coloured him, too!

These are just amazing, you guys, wow! :O *applause* I love the Nexus... it comes up with the most fantastic stuff!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I love you guys SO FREAKING MUCH. Balechild Bandwagon is AWESOME! XD

Uny, I was totally not expecting you to do that and it is GREAT. This makes for the second "gift" Anathema has gotten back from one of her children and it makes her a very happy evil!mommy. XD

Delyar, WOW! Way to really challenge yourself! XD I've drawn partial bone-sets before, but I fear ever attempting the whole deal. I love him! :D

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

This is the first time I've drawn and colored something in a while, so you'll have to forgive my rustiness. I'm sorry, it's not what I'd call deep orange, more like traffic cone or halloweeny. XD;; I did have fun drawing him though.

Your very own draconic Reaper! This guy/girl is pretty grizzled, and will probably be ascending to four-winged status when he/she passes on (I tried to go ahead and give it four wings, but I just couldn't get them to fit >.>). In this Cycle, he/she got really into piercings, as Reapers are wont to do; the open holes on the right wing are gauged piercings, the silver spots on the nose are long barbell piercings kind of like bridge piercings and the criss-cross thing under the back tattoo is a corset piercing.

It'll have all the standard abilities for Reaper Athiyken, reread the info if you haven't since late yesterday night, I've given it a thorough rewrite and covered some stuff I hadn't previously. There are no naming conventions beyond having a first and surname - but I can give you one if you'd like - and it can be male or female, whichever you want. I hope you like it. :3
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Haha, hey, I like traffic cone orange! XD Super awesome, Kayla, thanks a million! :D The "punk" look of these guys amuses me to no end -- I can just see other creatures totally refusing to believe they've actually got a duty as important as shepherding souls. X3 Hee! <3

And I'd be happy to accept a name for -- her, yes, let's make it a her. :D
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

I'm so glad you like her. She's one of the first Athiyken not owned by myself. :3 And one name, coming up! How about Bekea Tluin, which translates to "wise being".

Would you mind tossing me a link when you find the time to put her on a page? I'd like to keep a record of the purebred Athiyken out there on the info page, I'd appreciate it. And Happy Birthday! :D
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

...now who in the Nexus do you suppose this little fellow is? Wherever he came from -- and he doesn't know, at the moment, or isn't saying. Or she? In any case, this little'un isn't done growing yet by a long shot, judging by those big paws!

Happy Birthday, Phe, you fiend. XD More info on this guy or gal will be forthcoming when I finish the adult template. >.> Teaser~
Image Image Image Image
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Glad you like him Phe. :D Those bones were actually a ton easier to draw than actual smooth body lines (omg freak). Plus I love Raniace, I just don't have enough females to make interesting babies with him yet!
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Gasp! :o There is a mystery-thingie joining the ranks! And it is cute and looks like trouble! XD ::intrigued and excited!:: Kat, you're such a tease, but I love you for it! X3
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hee hee hee. >D I am unrepentant. And glad you like 'im! :D
Image Image Image Image
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Name: [Up to you] Ferricate
Bond: [Up to you]
Breed: Fire Avengaean/Atuan/OAC Mutt
Size: 16' long
Personality: [Up to you]
Abilities: Fire-based, Shadow-based, telekinesis, verbal speech, Shifting [dragon-anthro]
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

...oh my god. I have dozens of critters with my avatar's pattern but now -- Chario's granddaughter looks like his bond! XDDDDD omgomgomg ::is totally cracking the heck up; smothers you with love between cackles:: Oooooh if he ever meets her... X3333 <3 She's gorgeous, Cy, thank you!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oooooh if he ever meets her
I think that ought to be arranged. XD
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Hehe I thought it would be amusing :] It took so long cuz I was debating whether to avvie it or not.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Happy late :)

Thoon Ongar, AKA the Emerald Dynamo, had never really expected to become a father. But the lovely faintly exotic humanoid that approached him was a pleasant respite from all the crime fighting in Paragon.

How he came to be in charge of a daughter like this, he wasn't even really sure. He didn't even know quite how long it had been since ... well, since their chance encounter at Pocket D. But for the moment he had a lovely green-toned child in a basket, and she had the soft green glow that said he simply *must* be the father.

"She looks rather... weaponized," Velociti said, peering over his friend's shoulder, "are you sure she's yours?"

"I'm just so happy," Thoon said, innocent of what could possibly be Velociti's truest statement ever.

She grew up reasonably happy, reasonably well-behaved, and very quickly. That wasn't a surprise, who knew what the life cycle of a Centuran mixed with ... well, whatever her mother's was, could do?

Tall and lean, with lightning markings which seemed to dance with the light, or her mood, on her green skin. Weaponized indeed, her tail was as dangerously sharp as her wit.

But she grew up in a heroic environment - knowing only adoration and appreciation from her father, and having been trained pretty well by many of his friends in the superhero 'business'.

There was always something odd, though. Something in the back of her mind. She controlled her radiation powers admirably, she just felt there was more to life than arresting criminals and busting up drug rings. Sure, she'd been around the Rogue Isles too, but that was mostly more of the same: fight, fight, run, blast... Well not that that wasn't fun in itself, but ...

Really. More. Somewhere.

She could fly like her father, without wings, but there was a hint in the back of her mind whenever she saw another more draconic hero flying overhead with big leathery wings: couldn't there be wings for her? Maybe some day? What if she could shapeshift, what if she could move through the worlds like Rita could with her teleportation? Or do magic?

It was time for her to find out. It was time for her to leave her father and Paragon City behind, at least for a while, and maybe when she'd found that elusive "something", she might come back.

Name: up to you, though she'd have the surname of Ongar if you wish; and Heroic name up to you.
Powers: mix Anathema's with Ongar's - radiation (some healing, buffing and debuffing of enemies/friends, as well as a blast that sickens and knocks back) plus whatever you think she'd have gotten from her mother's side. Possibly shapeshifting.

Will she turn evil? Will she just be content to be a hero? Who knows....

Happy birthday :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh my GAWD, Shard! XD I am dead over here! Dead like you wouldn't believe! From awesome and hilarity! XDDD Oh my goodness there are just so many ways a creature like her could *go*! 8D Oh poor Thoon. XD

And poor Anathema. Kinda. Sorta. Maybe not. Well, I definitely know just why she would have returned the girl rather than brought her up as a proper Balechild, too. X3 XD

Thank you, she's awesome! :D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hehehehe, glad to be of inspirational service :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Pssst, Phe! >D

Okay, so, this guy comes from Cobar's litter but... to be honest I don't know how one of Cobar's spawn ended up balespawn. XD

If you want to come up with a sneaky backstory yourself, pretty much anything goes, from Anathema getting sneaky and somehow corrupting or stealing one of these guys right out of the womb, to some Bale-fella or gal adopting when Cobar gives away the litter and corrupting the heck out of this pup.

So. Info. :3 His or her stripes aren't really on fire, exactly, but the bale-ness is there and anyone who touches them might get little spot corruptions, though they're not generally as dire as full-on fire corruptions.

And this pup has balefire breath, too... which he or she may have some trouble controlling. >.> As it's not "raaar I belch fire at you when I'm mad!" so much, and more, "my breath is made of fire". Less so when they breathe through their nose, but still. >.>

The pup's wings are also kind of sedate balefire -- kind of bale-glow rather than full-on-fire, again. XD See, caetran pups start out with just skeletal wings and membrane grows in over time... but instead of mundane mere skin membrane, this little'un got bale-membrane instead. XD It streams some, like fire, when he or she's going really quickly, but otherwise it behaves pretty well.

The bale-y little creature also has the following abilities, from genetic mommy and daddy:

Be-Not-Believed (causes people to ignore its presence)
Disrupt Concentration
Dance of Destruction (lasts about an hour, kills everything)
Functional Magic (limited, doesn't produce very much)[/img]
Image Image Image Image
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh my gawd oh my gawd. XD I like JUST saw that clutch go up over in Updates and was going "OMG JKat critters for the first time in like forever!" and wondering who I could send but then all of a sudden I look over here and LOOK AT THAT! XD

Caetraaaaaaaaae~<3 It's so awesome! 8D Thank you! 83 <3
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hee hee hee. X3 Glad you like~

Yeah, I need to do clutches more often. :D
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh gawd, I knew that was going to be bad ass! XD Wowza!

You guys and your stunning creations. X3
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »