Marked with a Pink Seal

Bring your characters to life!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Marked with a Pink Seal

Post by Dray »

((Not so much an actual RP, as perhaps a sending of letters back and forth!))

The neatly packaged, hand-wrapped letters had been sealed with a glob of pink wax, sealed with a simple flame insignia over stylized mountains. It had gone out to nine different people across the vast expanse of the Nexus, geared to find them in whatever form of mail was most appropriate -- be that by flitter or by courier-monster, it didn't matter. Those people, being Firelings, would hopefully recognize mail from their sister when they saw it!

Cracking the seal open, they would feel the brush of fire -- comforting, like a peck on the cheek to any mere mortal -- and perhaps the scent of pine sap. The letters were identical and read something like this:
Dear Cyprium (or Natron, or Epsom, or Sunart, etc. -- the names were individualized),

If I haven't heard from you in a while, shame on you for missing my last letter. If I have heard from you recently, then kudos for putting up with me. I trust that your lives are going well, and that you're not dead yet, just like me.

My time spent at Ford Aigan has been fraught with excitement, terror, devotion from little springy people that have won a place in my heart, and a growing sense of victory that my personal nemesis, Racun Balechild, will never be a pain in my temple (or worse places, of which I'm sure you don't want to think) again. After having had the bright idea to simply chuck her back where she came from like an unwanted, wall-eyed fish, (several times, unfortunately) she seems to have gotten the point.

I have little people doing dances and jumping over fires in my honor. Go me! I know you're probably rolling your eyes, but I had to mention it. I haven't had worshipers before!

Anyways, I thought that with my first real victory notched up on my belt, I could finally take a vacation, and I was planning on visiting the place of our oddly conceived birth. I never did get a chance to explore Avengaea or her Nidus, and the change of weather sounds nice!

To the meat of this letter: I have been in contact with Cyprium, and the silly boy convinced me (or vice versa? I can't remember -- it was a long and convoluted conversation) that the world is probably going to need more of our kind if we want little springy people jumping over fires in victory, instead of walking through them in corrupted, minion-terror. Balespawn are hard to deal with, so let's make it easier on ourselves, right? Our mothers are probably never going to be in the same place at the same time again, but we certainly can be.

If you're interested, please show up at the enclosed date and time. Cypri and I will be there. I would love to catch up in person. It has been so long!

Take care of yourselves! Keep your fires bright!

Yours,

Lumi

The signature is dotted with a burning heart, of all things!
Last edited by Dray on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Natron's reply came in the form of a scrolling, computerized text-pad that glowed black with green letters-- of course!

Lumi,

Great to hear from you, sis!

Don't know if I'm going to have time for a get-together to make kidlets. Besides, I have my hands full with kidlets right now O.o We rescued a supernal-mutt kid whose bond abandoned him, poor thing. And we're still teaching little Raesun, remember him? Seems like we're collecting a few other helpers in our little mission-- but so is my particular enemy >: (

It's getting complicated over here, not to mention frustrating in how little progress anyone seems to be making. I just want things to HAPPEN already!

So I'd love to drop by at your Nidus thing, but I can't stay very long. I hope that's okay!

Keep in touch, girl. It's always too long between your letters.

Yours,
Natron

PS Don't let having worshippers give you a big head : P

It ends with a few bright green, emoticon hearts.

<3 <3 <3
Last edited by Cacopheny on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

A neatly folded, paper letter is left at Lumi's doorstep. It is tied by a bit of sweet smelling vine which appears to be still growing, and a few colorful insects flutter out from its center when it is opened.

Lumi,

I am delighted to hear from you! And quite saddened that I seem to have not received your first letter. Either mail transfer from the Nexus to the Federation is simply unreliable, or I misplaced it somewhere. Perhaps one of the little dragonlings that my mother is constantly bringing home took it... or ate it. I shall have to ask around about it later.

Hearing about your home and life is quite fun. I have always thought the way that most dragon families seem to fall out of contact is quite sad. Perhaps, I shall have to make it a point to come visit you and your home in the future.

As for me, I'm busy as a Jhiirsaiian flower lizard. Living with Nin'Queesha is a constant adventure, and I swear, as much as I love children... I am staring to lose track of them all. Mother never stops collecting them; I don't know how she manages to be a parent to all of them. Besides being a part time babysitter, I am a full fledged Tonaa, and a member of the 12th Galactic council. I feel like I spend more time in spirit realms or in council chambers than anywhere else. It's all exciting... and Mother tells me it is good for immortals to keep on their feet.

That being said, I would love to accept your invitation. I need a break, and I think my Bre'Ama blood would be contented if I had a child of my own to look after.

I hope to see you soon, and Mother sends her regards.

-Alqaliy

((Alqaliy's name wasn't included in your list... I hope it's ok that I posted for her. 0.0))
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Sunart's response was on an ordinary piece of college-rule looseleaf, his handwriting a veritable chickenscratch of black pen and... is that? ...yes, and soot stains, as if he forgot to hold back his flames in his enthusiasm to respond.
HI LUMI!

I didn't know you sent a letter! It must have gotten lost between the Tiers. Me and Frosty jump around them so often, I'm not surprised! I wish I'd gotten it, though. Am I really the only one of us who got shipped to a different dimension?

And what's a Balespawn? Is it from Outside? Is it like a Wisp? Is that what Wisps are called back in your Tier? I've never heard that name! But if they've got the plasma-based weakness that Wisps have on most Tiers, they're as good as fried! Me and Frosty and our squadron can pop on over and vaporize them!

Are you serious about making new kids like us, though? I'm not even grown up yet! What did you do, do that crazy growth-shift thing, or have I just been on slow Tiers? I'll have to come see!

HUGS!

~ Sunart

PS - Uh. If anybody asks, you don't know about Wisps. The PR guys would be mad if they knew I was talking about them to somebody outside the ((here whatever Sunart wrote was burned out with fire, leaving a singed hole in the paper)). But you're my sister, so it's okay! And I don't want to start a new letter, anyway. Plus I burned the rest of the paper.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

"You've got mail," a gruff voice told the Fireling as she entered the command tent -- which had doubled as her home for the half a dozen years or so (more? She had trouble keeping track of time!) while the remaining Aigard took their fight to the enemy. Now it was being used as a base of operations while the Aigard moved in and swept out Kaarden Desius -- it was going to be a while before the stench of deep corruption was dragged out of those deep, stone corridors. Not to mention all of the cleansing that Alumine had been doing. Now that her people knew she had the ability to restore some semblance of thought to the minions that the Balechild had left behind, everybody wanted to know if the gallomphing creatures could be changed back into a husband, or a wife, or a child. It was slow work.

So when her bond shoved two battered envelopes and one funny looking metal thingie into her hands, Alumine 'oooh!'d and ignored the dirty glare that Swathe had given her. She even ignored his muttered, "and I'm not your Bale-damned mail boy..." something that she would otherwise have teased him about. Instead, she flapped a hand over her shoulder and told the man, ~I'll be in my room, tell 'em I'm busy if they ask!~ and she disappeared behind the flap that separated her sleeping pallet from the main affair.

That done, Alumine collapsed across her pile of furs, shifting back to her more comfortable draconic appearance. A huge grin plastered across her muzzle, she unfolded the two paper letters and cackled as she read through little Sunart's letter. She smiled widely, smugly, reading Alqaliy's own.

Then, playing with the little metal thingie, getting it to come to life, she scrolled through the note that her favorite sister, Natron, had sent her way. She wondered what the little symbols next to the words meant, twisting and turning her head and then -- oh! A frowny face and... were those Harken or Zwarden symbols at the bottom? Depending on which way she looked, they could have resembled either! And they were green, not red or blue! How strange.

Alumine, wriggling her bony fingers in glee, floated a sheaf of papers, her ink well, and a long, fluffy quill over to her bed, shrinking to a size where manipulating the human-sized tools would not be cumbersome. Then she got to work.
Dear Natron,

Children! Apparently so many siblings are collecting them! It boggles my mind -- I'd never have so many running around that I couldn't get my alone time. Though... it might be nice to watch my bond's blood pressure rise past unbearable with little monkeys trying to crawl his legs.

I would love to visit with all of your new recruits, perhaps you could bring them to the Nidus so that I can visit with them? Swathe and I have learned a great deal from corrupted minions -- both those in the direct employ of the slimy Greener, as well as a few stronger allies. If you've not been getting a lot of action, perhaps we could teach them a thing or two!

Besides, think of it this way: these particular children have the potential to grow up nice and fast -- you chose that route, didn't you? I imagine that it would be nice to have someone to back you up and help look after those who have to grow the old fashioned way!

You let me know if you want a hand with your little scourge. I have experience! Ha!

Love you, take care.

Lumi
Sealing off the letter, she floated it out to Swathe. ~Take care of that, bond-mine!~

~What did I tell you earlier?~

~I'll be doing two more, just run them out to the Diamond Queen and she'll have them sent off to where they need to go!~

Alumine ignored the dire grumbling over their bond. She had forgotten that Swathe and the Diamond Queen -- the leader of the draconic alliance that had worked with the Aigard -- had rather severe issues.

In any case, she was already writing the next letter, her tongue peeking out from between her sharp canine teeth.
Dear Alqaliy,

How very complicated-sounding a life! You know, you're not the only of us sisters to be accosted by little ones running under your feet... me, I can't imagine what such a noisy life would be like. I have my nation to baby, so each and every Aigard is sort of like a child... or an adult child... or whatever you'd like to call them, to me. Ha!

I'd so like to hear from our dear mother. I've been keeping in contact with KTFE from time to time, but I fear that Nin'Queesha and Lanriki have gotten away from me. I suppose that they scoff at the idea of birthday cards, but it would be so nice to have some acknowledgment! Immortals -- too busy with their own lives to think about their spawn! You will have to tell me about this Tonaa business -- as backcountry as I am, I haven't heard of the term, but I imagine that you really must be keeping busy. My sister, a member of Galactic council. I'll have to brag for you.

I so look forward to seeing you -- I've got tentative yeses from two of our brothers and another sister: Cyprium, Sunart (he's still small! It must be adorable!), and Natron. If I can't get ahold of the rest, you have my word that I'll track them down and dump buckets over their heads... and maybe clang on the outsides once they're there, to get their attention. Tsch, families shouldn't drift apart.

Don't let the business get to your head!

Love

Lumi
This time Swathe was ready for the envelope that floated out and thwapped him -- not in the back of the head, like the first, but into his hands. The recipients of these letters might find them a little crinkled, for the Aigard was doing his best not to crush them into a little ball!
SUNART!

You little rascal, you sound adorable! I loved your letter and I read it three times. I'm only old because I hopped some time instead of dimensions -- I wanted to grow up with my bond so that I could better understand his life and times, and so that I could better involve myself in his culture and lifestyle. I still can't figure him out, for all the help that little experiment was!

Balespawn are great, big, ugly green monsters that like to eat up everything in their path, and turn people into their own little mindless minions. At least, the one that I was fighting did that. They're immortal, like us, and are very tough. I don't know if plasma would vaporize them, but one day we'll have to put that to the test!

I promise I won't say anything about Wisps, but if your squadran ever wants help with them, please send me a note! You've caught my curiosity! Your Tiers sound very interesting!

I do so hope that you can come for a quick visit -- I'll give you lots of hugs once you arrive, I promise!

Truly

Lumi
~Last one coming at you!~ Swathe caught the letter that shot out of Alumine's tent right out of the air, bundled them with the rest, and left them sit on the low table. Somebody else could deal with them.

It was a few days before somebody else actually did; Alumine found them, surprised, and did a good fit of her own grumbling before taking them to be mailed, herself. You just can't find good help these days!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

As equally soot-stained and poorly written as his first letter, Sunart's next correspondence was written on a plain white sheet of paper. Without printed rows to guide his script, the juvenile Fireling's handwriting rolled across the page in very uneven lines. Even when limited to written form, the excitable little fellow could still ramble.
LUMI!

Haha, I told Frosty you called me adorable and he said "more like abominable" but he laughed when he said it so I know he was just being silly. I'm the youngest sentient on the force (not that there's any non-sentients, that's just what you say instead of "sir, madam, or thing") and I love it because people think I'm just a weird little fireball who likes to eat the emergency flares and then suddenly I'm getting a higher score in the Combat Gauntlet than they are, haha! I've got eternity ahead of me and I'm taking my time at it!

And Balespawn sure sound like Wisps! Well, at least with the eating part. And the bigness. But Wisps are actually really pretty in their most common incarnation, all purple-blue-pink lightning kind of things, but they're definitely big and eat-y! No minions, but immortal too, but not too tough (unless they show up in a swarm) as long as you have the right weapons on hand! So if something like that ever shows up in your area and doesn't offer one of the universal greetings, just hit it with a few big fireballs and don't let it get close and you'll have no problem!

Fun fact: the Tier of the Multiverse that you and everybody else are on was dubbed N3-X45! There's so many alternate dimensions out there I can't believe the think tank has categorized as many of them as it has, but yours is one of them! That makes it my Keystone Tier, too, even though I haven't been back there since we hatched. Oh, that means I play by its rules no matter what Tier I go to -- think of it like a giant loophole in the laws of reality! Woo!

But I'm definitely coming back and not all the Wisps in the Outside can stop me! I want hugs and I want Frosty and the others to see where I came from and others like me! I can bring them, right? Frosty's like my brother from another mother and my other squadmates are awesome, too! One of them has interchangeable heads! It's creepy-cool!

MORE HUGS!

~ Sunart
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Cyprium, in his blue-skinned human form, walked into Lumi's tent, and cleared his throat, clasping his hands behind his back with very proper posture.

"Dearest sister," he began, a flourish to his voice,

"Receiving your letter was quite the delightful surprise! I recall your last letter with similar fondness. I only regret my reply was apparently lost in the mail... and by that I mean that, with my busy schedule, I never got around to writing a reply." Cyprium, apparently being the family layabout, had no problem making a joke out of his own frivolous lifestyle. "Hearing about your adventures with that bear of a bond of yours, well, it seems like a laugh a minute! How I wish I could have been there with you on that rollercoaster of a ride with that zany Balespawn!" He flopped a hand and sighed. "And your adorable little worshippers, well, they sound like the most adorable bipeds. Too bad little old me doesn't have any of my own.

"And, well, hearing about your plan to create more little monsters, well, that was quite the shock! I didn't know you and I had come up with that plan! Oh, wait.

"Lumi, why did you even send me a copy of that letter?" he cackled, losing the voiceover inflection he'd been entertaining. "I mean, seriously, I'm like a tent away!

"Love, Cyprium!" He flourished a bow, and disappeared again. Singing telegram he wasn't!
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Receiving her youngest brother's letter (or at least, the youngest that she could expect to know about!), Alumine nearly brimmed with tears at the absurd cuteness of the little guy's written voice. Why in the world hadn't she visited him sooner?

Whipping out a pen and paper where she sat, she got immediately to scribbling,
My dear brother, Sunart,

I would very much like to meet your bond; I'd say that we should all meet one another's bonds, but I fear that mine will not be quite so excited about being privy to social gatherings, especially family ones. He's run into some... trouble with our mom, KTFE, and with our brother Cyprium, and he's not much for get-togethers... though I'll let you in on a secret, and don't tell him that I told you: if you've learned how to shape-shift at all, he'll be much more amenable to you if you take on a feline form and purr in his lap. I think he likes cats, especially those that don't talk too much!

As for chemicals, I've got a neat party trick with drinking from pop cans and then eating them. Usually I have to get them shipped in from the Nexus because this planet doesn't currently possess that technology level. I'll give Aleph one thing: the air is very clear and the people are very down to earth!

Your Wisps sound horrendous. Be careful, okay?

Ooh, Sunart, this talk of alternate dimensions sounds fascinating... will anyone be coming with you who's a specialist on it all? I would love to listen his (or her, or its) ear off about it all! Are there multiple me's, like you hear about in stories? Or just dimensions without us's to occupy them?

That's probably all too much to answer in letters, but you will have to sit on me when we're all together, because I think we have lots and lots to catch up about!

Take care of yourself and your Frosty, Sunart!

~Alumine

That done, Alumine was about to wrap it up for mail, when her idiot brother made his dramatic, comedic appearance. "Oh, you!" She threw a slipper after him, then got a good idea.

Gathering up her writing implements, the white-fuzzed Fireling pulled a little teleportation stunt of her own.

Appearing suddenly in Cyprium's tent, crowding him in her dragon form, she stared pointedly at him with her glowing red eyes as she produced a sheet of paper and a pen, set them on the floor, and began to write.
Dearest brother Cyprium,

It's unfortunate that your most recent transcript was lost to time, however I was able to keep most of it in mind, enough to let you know that, as your elder sister, it's important to keep records of what we say and do, moreso due to the fact that we will need to refer back to them one day, and keeping up with family is more important than anything else.

You were with me on my Balespawn ride, dearest brother, at least when it pleased you. As a reward, I am tempted to allow you free reign over a small cult of my followers -- with the way that you've been visiting, I'm sure you've gathered one or two here and there anyhow. Alternately, Felraund to the south-east is wide open for deification, being a nature-based religion even if it is expansionist in nature!

Then again, I'm not certain that this planet is big enough for the two of us. If it comes down to a duel, I claim dibs on the white hat, oh dear 'evil' brother.

If it pleases you, please keep in touch,

Yours,

Lumi
Scrawling a flourish, she tucked the letter deliberately into an envelope, sealing it with a dab of pink wax very primly, and silently handed it over to her blue-skinned brother.

Then, tail waving high as she dashed physically out of her brother's guest-tent, Alumine trotted off to deliver her second letter. 'Ah, Sunart," Alumine thought, 'I can't wait to talk to you in person if you're going to leave me adorable notes like that!'
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

It took several days for Na's response to arrive, and when it did, it was via small, furry and feathery critter flitting in to deposit it somewhere near (or on) Lumi. The note itself was written on a small scrap of handmade paper, it's letters cramped and somewhat scrunched together to actually get the entire message to fit.
Hey, sis! Long time, no see! I'm glad to hear you're still alive and kickin'. And worshipers? Good goin'! Have 'em dance in a few extra circles for me. :D We've been a bit busy here, Balespawn seem to be everywhere nowadays, but I think I can skip off for a visit with my family. Where and when? Send the little guy back with your reply, we're sort of attached to him.
Best of luck, Na
The little NC would wait for a return message, following Lumi around until it got one. Hopefully it wouldn't drive her to distraction... they really were quite fond of that one.

(<3?)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Alumine, gleeful over the little creature's presence, held off of writing a reply right away.

"Swathe, look at this!" she had allowed the NC to perch on her shoulder, trotting in to bother her bond.

Looking up from his current tome, the Aigard cast the strange little creature a heavy look, causing it to squeak and sidle worriedly up Alumine's arm. Undeterred, the Fireling brought it closer. Swathe held up his arm, fingers out for the NC to peer at suspiciously, and then butt up against. The big man scritched it carefully, eliciting what was surely a happy noise from the little guy. "What is it?"

"One of my brother's pets, it brought me a letter!"

"Great, more letters?" Swathe seemed distracted, however, for the NC had chirped and taken up residence on the Aigard's wide shoulder in exchange for more attention.

"Yup!" Alumine settled at her bond's feet, taking out another sheet of fluffy, hand-made paper from the sheaf that she'd taken to keeping on her person, as well as her writing tools. While Swathe paid homage to the flit-like creature, Alumine got to writing.
Dear Na,

Only come if you feel like you can spare the extra time, okay? I know that some of us are pretty busy fighting the good fight, so if meeting up is an inconvenience, I will simply have to wrangle you for attention at a later date!

Speaking of which, do you remember the Avengaean Nidus within which we were born? Several other of our siblings will be there -- Cyprium, Sunart, Alqaliy and maybe Natron, so it will be a good chance to catch up!

How is your battle going? Didn't you have something pretty terrible to fight against? I always was fuzzy on the details! Please let me know if you need help! I can lend a paw just about any time, if you feel like you need it!

Take care, brother!

Yours truly,

Alumine
Tying up the note and attaching it to the somewhat reluctant NC, Alumine told it, "alright, back to your Na, little one! I'm sure we'll see you again!" Off it went!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

A little, part-Bre'Ama personally delivers rolled latter, held shut by an insect which releases its hold on the paper once it is poked.
Lumi (That name is the cutest.),

Alqaliy got a call from her lover and went off to spend the week with him, so I have been going through her mail. I don't think your sister would mind me seeing this; though, I must say, some of the other messages she received were most certainly not for my eyes.

I am excited that you and your siblings are planning a get together. I would LOVE to see some more grandchildren from Alqaliy, she really does produce lovely children. Did she tell you about her first batch? I'm sure she didn't, she never talks about them... She went off and bred with a dragon-type Siisakoo, and since I'm sure you haven't dealt with the creatures yourself, I'll just tell you that any kind of non-violent contact with those creatures is very taboo here. Alqaliy is rather ashamed of herself, but it really is her Bre'ama blood getting the better of her- the drive to procreate can be quite overpowering.

The children are quite adorable though, no matter what your sister might think, and no one holds their heritage against them. I shall have to send one of them with Alqaliy when she visits, I am sure they would love to meet some of their aunts and uncles. Hm- on that note, perhaps I will come as well, at least for a bit. I would love to see you all again. It is hard for a Bre'ama mother to live away from her children, you know. I was saddened to see that you thought I might be too busy to worry about you and your siblings. I will make sure to send birthday cards from now on.

Anyway, I will make sure that your letter gets to Alqaliy.

My love, always,
Nin'Queesha
A few days later, a second letter arrives. This one is packaged with the same vine-like twine binding it as the first one from Alqaliy.
Lumi,

I am rather intrigued by your devotion to these Aigard. I would love to hear about your adventures some time! I can't imagine NOT living with so many children around. I really do love them all, even though they can be quite a handful at times. It is funny how I see Mom's blood working in all her children... sometimes they remind me of you guys.

As for the Tonaa... they would be a perfect fit for most of our family, I think. We work to maintain balance in the material and lower spiritual realms, mostly for the Federation- though some of us wander outside of Federation boundaries to do good deeds once and a while. The Tonaa tradition is fairly ancient, and it really has a culture all its own- I guess, it's the culture I know best; Mother raised me in it. It's hard and important work, and through it I have met plenty of other immortals, spirits mostly. I enjoy learning from older immortals- gives me some insight into my own future.

I haven't spoken with KTFE or Lanriki since I first went home with Nin'Queesha. I trust KTFE is doing well? I am losing sleep thinking about seeing you all again!

Anyway- duty calls.
Love,
Alqaliy
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Na's return letter came back much more quickly than his first had, and was written on a larger bit of paper, much less crowded or hurried looking. Though it did come via the same little NC.
Dear Lumi,

Sorry about the last letter I sent - we'd just gotten back from taking care of some of those blighted bale-minions, and were about to leave again before Virtue even realized we had mail. We don't get much. Anyway, now I have a bit more time to devote to writing you.

I would love to come and spend some quality time with the family, and I happen to agree - there are far too few of us out and about. It's been quiet for a while since our last encounter with the resident balespawn, and I don't foresee any trouble for a while; we hit him pretty hard. Probably not hard enough, but what can you do? They're like cockroaches. You can try your hardest to kill 'em, but they'll just scurry away to some dark hole somewhere to lick their wounds. At least we managed to make it leave the area.

In short, we are now looking at some nice, quiet vacation time. So yes, count me in!

Yours,
Na

P.S. Would it be alright if I brought Virtue along? He's been asking about my family and birthplace, so I figured now would be as good a time as any to explain more fully.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Astra »

The letter from Epsom arrived as a video recording on a standard data cube, complete with an inexpensive reader device, since Epsom was not sure what was available in his sister's dimension. He also made sure it was battery operated, because the numerous higher gods only knew what types of plugs they used in other areas of the nexus. The video is somewhat poor, rushed, quality, and looks like it has been recorded in a futuristic war-tent of some kind.

Dear Lumi,

I'm very sorry for the delay in response and also the haste with which I must record this. As it happens we are in the midst of a fierce battle against the demons of Natlanti, and there's scarcely time to breathe much less return a letter from an old friend. But of course I was thrilled to receive your correspondence. It was a welcome ray of light in these difficult times.

The best update I can give is that we have located the Sword of Kyrizzian, one of the most powerful magical objects in the galaxy, on this backwater asteroid. This could, of course, be extremely useful in defeating Meroneth, the evil god of this universe, but naturally he wants it too. Therefore, this place is swarming with xenodragons, hydrae, demons, and all other manner of bad guys. None are more than I can handle, of course, but it does get tiresome to have to burn out wave after wave of them. However *smiles* I am beginning to have a slightly sadistic satisfaction for the crunching sound xenodragons make when they are burned.

But I digress. It is rumored that Meroneth has a balespawn working for him. If this is true, then he is even more dangerous than we thought. But the best we can do now is handle things one day at a time.

It is not all bad news, though. Earlier this year, we were able to successfully defeat Bill Rutherford, the bond to the insidious balespawn Schadenfreude. We wouldn't have been nearly so successful if not for help from Bill's morally dubious clone, Kas, who happened to be on our side ... this time. But that, I'm afraid, is a story for another time. Schadenfreude himself is still out there somewhere, but with Bill's death he's seemed to lose interest in helping Meroneth and his cause. I do not yet know if this is good or bad news for our side, but at least we know Meroneth has one less powerful ally.

Anyway, I must be going -- it appears the hydrae have started another raid against our camp. Better go put them in their place again. As for the reunion at the Nidus, I would love to come, but I must first finish this mission. I believe we are close to victory, and I will write again when that day comes.

Faithfully yours,

Epsom.
ImageImageImage
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

The reply from Calx was long in coming and when it did arrive seemed to have been written in precise script on what could only be home-made paper. It was carried by a cream-colored Kilandaian Spirit Herder with big purple eyes who whined softly and alternated between appearing fully solid and appearing translucent while he awaited a reply.
Alumine-

Surprised was I to receive your letter. I've not gotten a single letter from anyone ever. If you've written before then the letter is probably waiting for me back on Kilandaia or lying forgotten in one of the many other locations I've been since leaving that planet.

I'm glad things are going well for you, though I can't say that having dancing worshipers holds any appeal for me. A library all to myself would be nice, but I'm sure that's but a dream! I wish I could say things were going well for me, but they at least look as if they may be on the rise and they haven't been that terrible in quite some time.

Details are too numerous to give in a letter and paper is scarce at present. I had to press this myself if you can believe that. Besides I just remembered something I haven't taken care of yet. If I don't deal with it now I'm sure I'll get myself distracted and forget again. So in hopes of not forgetting to also finish this letter I will sign off now. My love to you and any of our siblings you come across and I would love to hear more about a family gathering. My bond has just about finished her training, can you believe it's taken this long? I never would have thought...but I digress and wish as always that I had a proper pencil with an eraser instead of this confounded home-made ink concoction I created! Oh dear, I digress again... Where was I? Ah, do send me more information on where and when as soon as you know and I'll keep an eye out for your letter. Perhaps I'll try to get Gakus to deliver this and await a reply so I might be certain of receiving it. I hope the annoying little beast won't drive you too mad with his incessant whining while he's there. You can be sure he'll bring your reply to me straight away. If you don't intend to write immediately put him in a cage or some such, so long as he's not harmed when he returns Myra won't have to know.

Now, what was it I was going to do? Oh well, I look forward to hearing from you again!

Calx
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

A hastily, rather sloppily folded sheet of paper would have appeared on Alumine's desk, the name Lumi scrawled in large, looping letters on the upper surface. Inside, the message:
Lumi!

I didn't expect to get any letters from anyone! I definitely didn't get any before this. But we have just finished relocating Dynsera's people to a new world, so the other letter may have gone to the old one. That is where I was dropped off, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd love to come and meet up with everyone! I will have to make sure Dynsera doesn't need me; I'm sure she would like to come too, but she won't leave the children. Not so soon after moving them all to a brand new world! Not that I blame her; she's all they have left. And the gryphs, of course. I've never seen such creatures before, but they are very brave, and pretty!

I will try to come, but even if Dynsera doesn't actually need me (this world, so far, is quite friendly), she may hesitate to let me go. She has some idea that just cause I'm still small, she has to watch out for me! Even though I was the one who got her free of her enemies, back on her old world. Sometimes, she is quite silly.

How many of our siblings will be there? I miss you guys!

Caesius