Dragon ACEO trade?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Post by Guest »

hmm, I really like hammer of the silver moon and the fu dog. I also think it would be really fun to make up some randoms that haven't been seen yet and send some of those off too :3
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

:3 I have a random available and could do a 3-on-3 trade (two known, 1 random).

My end: Silver, Fu Dog & random
For: #6 & #12 & 1 random

is good??

Edit: Updated my icon! First time in 4 years since I joined. Is me! X)
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )

Post by Guest »

sounds good to me! I'll try to get a mystery card done to send off by monday or tuesday. I'll PM you my address.
I was going to mention the avatar change! it's cute :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You guys want I should snag your 'cards available' URL and pass it on to Neogeen? :D She said she had about eight cards going at last check, but doesn't check the Nexus really at all!

(Would you guys be interested in a dragon ACEO LJ community? I know there are other ACEO/ATC communities kicking around, but this one would be specifically for dragons... or other fantasy critters (lol unicorns or gryphons or even fairies or whatever. X3) Emphasis on dragons and hybridizing, but also on making one-shot cards because they're cute?)

Post by Guest »

Sure, the more the merrier!
I'm not sure that everybody here has LJ accounts that they routinely check. It could cause us to get split into two different (and very anemic) communities, or it could just all get transferred over to livejournal and become really cumbersome to anybody here that isn't a regular LJ user.. So the idea of starting up a whole livejournal comm while there's so few people involved worries me a bit.
I could just be overthinking it, though.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You're probably right. :D I'll toss Neo a note and just direct her here!
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

I'd like a LJ community :) But doing it right here is fine. xD I'm up for whatever. :3 I'll sticky it to my Firefox quick-bookmark bar. ^^

Mud! I sent yours off today. :D

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

BAH ha ha ha. XD Fuzzy, I just got your card-set! Oh my goodness, these are awesome!

(Eeeeh, the strawberry patch one! 8DD!!) Are Ojees at all compatible with dragon-types, or should I keep 'em to other Ojees? (I just love the strawberry butt so much, but it's hard to breed traits individually with Ojees -- the random factor tends to weed 'em out!)
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

[cackles] Ojee can breed with basically anything. XD If you find a pig or a rat with bug eyes, for gods' sakes, you could call it an Ojee. XDDD s'why I used to love 'em so much. Side note, the random traits on Ojee are muzzles, ears & tails. Everything else gets pooled. x3 which means it'd still be random unless you grabbed or made two part-plant carriers, then it's a hell of a pollen-fest and OD on Allegra or Claritin for you. xD

Mwahahah >=3

XD Glad you like!

Breed the Oublek! OxO
... As a side note, I wanna breed a new Oublek with Mud's skull-ish dragon. X33

Anywho, page 4 post with my listing of cards updated to show what ya got =3

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey, I can pass on the Oublek to Mud if you want, if she still has skull-y! :P I'll bet she'd make some crazy dragon-things out of it!

(I lol'd at your pollen-fest. X333 Grab some poplar-style Ojee and you'd have those stupid fluffs floating around, too!)

Post by Guest »

yeah, I've still got 'ol skully. I need to make a mystery card for Fuzzy and I also want to breed skully with a couple things before parting ways.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'll definitely have to show you CD's cards if you're in class tomorrow or Wednesday! XD They're outrageous!

(I'll also have to try to convince JKat to make a card or something... her pencil crayon skills are awesome.)

Post by Guest »

sweet! I'll try to remember to brig mine :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey Fuzzy? Do you have an open album where people can look through your cards, kind of like what Mud posted? XD I may be blind and simply missed what was posted, but I'm trying to gather links together to post to other folks! :3
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Right now, I have a post listing the URLs on the prior page of this thread to my Photobucket.

Also- http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v241/chibipush/ACEO/

Password for guests: dragons

:) this should do it.

X3 Here's one- both of you do Oubleks, alive or mounted. XD;

(Re Ojee- you know it's mating season when you're in a forest and plant pollen is floating around- and moreso than usual... X3 )

But sure, breeding skully (XD) will be interesting =D

_________

OxO Dray! I love the little dragons you sent ^_____^ They rock!! {hughug} I'm putting 'em in little plastic sleeve pages for ATCs. ^___^ {hoard hoard} they look AWESOME in realtime, too *____*

Pernese gold too! ^___^ {joy joy}

Post by Guest »

Oh geez, I'm sorry for the delay Dray! I've been just terrible to contact this entire month. Also: A forum new to me is like, yaaaargh. So nervous. (Hi everyone. n_n)

I've uploaded what I have here so far:

http://www.neogeen.com/images.php?tag=dragonexchange

Coloring is the slowest aspect for me at the moment. I just haven't found a method quick enough to my liking, so the plain inked ones will be colored as I get to them. (I'm so gosh darned SLOW).

Also, this is so new to me, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing (and having FUN doing it, haha!). 8D You'll find I copied the "stats" side of the card following Dray's examples.

I cannot exchange anything through the mail at this moment in time. In a couple weeks (maybe next week?) I should be able to snail-mail, but right now I have a lot of work-priority that needs to be finished before hand. Otherwise I'd love to get some new blood to mash up with these guys eventually. :D
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

WOW!

Hi Neogeen! =D Haven't talked to 'ya in about 5 years. How 'ya been? ^^

Your dragons rock! =D So many too! XD I can't wait to see the inked ones colored, too :3<3

No worries about swapping in the snail-mail :) IRL always comes first (even if it sucks sometimes- LOL!). I can't wait to get trading with 'ya! =3 (I'll hold off on it 'til whenever you want :3 )

Must make dragons! {scuttles off to breed Vestar and Chiepstar and Tomstar}

Trades Thus Far
-Dray & Fuzzy: Complete!
-Fuzzy to Mud: Sent!
Last edited by Fuzzy on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

sweet! I love tridra. can't wait till we all have a full hand of each other's dragons and we're mashing them all together like mad scientists :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh my goodness, Neo, can I reserve Sirrush? XD She's just perfect!

In the meantime, it might be neat to do an exchange where one gets just-linework and can colour it in whatever they want... so long as it's pre-arranged, anyways.

Mind if I pass these links on to a classmate? XD He's all excited about the whole dragon thing!
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

x3 I'm really liking Fyremane and Iroo. ^__^ such fun names too!

JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Aaah! *points and dances* YOU DID A SIRRUSH!! YOU DID A PROPER SIRRUSH!

(Ancient Sumerian nerdery kicking in!)

**EDIT* And then you did a BREEDING BETWEEN SIRRUSH AND A CAT THING!!!!

Neo, I'm in love. :O You might have convinced me to actually take part in this thing because TIGERTHING SIRRUSH WON.
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:D I got another couple of classmates interested in this dragoning thing, just having them sprawled out around the table today!

Instead of an LJ community, would having a mailing list be maybe more appropriate? A 'hey you guys, this is my updated list of stuff!' every once in a while would probably go over well!
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Mailing list sounds infinitely better- esp. if it's a Yahoogroup; you can upload files there if you don't have your own webspace to upload your stuff at. :3

speakin' of which, I have a mini website all laid out and ready for upload which is going up soon. ^^

Edit: Welcome to the insanity, JKat! :D

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Just wanted to post some newly scanned stuff (even though I promptly grew a new batch right after scanning this lot! XD)

The entire list of what I've got (at least so far -- once I scan the next batch I'll have 8 more!) can be found here, including the ones that Mud gave to me! :D
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

xDDD That's awesome!!! Those bee ones are great. We both had bees on the brain- I almost did an easter egg black & yellow bee patterned today. X33

So cool!! :D great stuff!!

http://www.geocities.com/nonanutaceo/

Now online and open for trading! =D no more pain in the butt photobucket URL posts! XD

Post by Guest »

Fuzzy, yours went out today! though because of the date, and time I got off work, they probably won't leave the post office until monday :/ I packed you a little extra for the wait!
I also received yours today! I'm so surprised, I was expecting them to take more than a week at least. and goodness, they're absolutely GORGEOUS in person. I feel kind of embarrassed sending you my squiggles in return :oops:
Lastlyyyy thanks for the little watercolour cards, Dray! I started making a couple with them using paints and they look so much nicer using that process and inking with a quill. It takes twice as long but I think I'm going to switch over to watercolour for now because the result is so much more finished looking. Fuzzy will get to see my first one when it comes in the mail!

Edit: wow look at all the exclamation marks in this post!!!!!!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Glad you liked! Feel free to steal more if you want. xD I never use 'em!

!!!!!!club!

Post by Guest »

really? I'll trade you a bunch of plain old cardstock ones for some watercolours
(!!!!!!secret!handshake!)
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

XD Squigglies are fun! Simple can be good :D I like variety! (snuggins)

And thank you so much ^O^ I'm glad you like 'em =DD

Wooohooo! X) I'm so psyched now ^__^

PS: Should I make the mailing list =now=, or should I hold off for something?? :)

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nothing to hold off for as far as I can see. O_o' I'm not sure about using yahoo groups, though, instead of just gathering up a bunch of emails and tossing notes off to people when things change (or gathering information from folks and compiling a weekly/biweekly email?) I'm only leery because some of the folks who expressed interest to me are... real-life-people instead of internet-people, so they may have no idea (or inclination) to use an online application!