*grumbles*

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Samber
Dragon

*grumbles*

Post by Samber »

Was whispered by a guild officer earlier, of course I stopped what I was doing to answer.

His original question--"Are you still specced best?"--I was a little fuzzy on what he meant hence my double reply.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

>_>

I think that's why I like teaming on City of Heroes... :) Because you don't generally get that from almost anyone. Well, on my server anyway. We're a whole huge group of soloers. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Gets better--the guild officer didn't want me for a guild run, though I had no way of knowing that from what he said. Instead it was a group being lead by a guy we gkicked last week for pugging instead of showing up to a guild run.

The other officers don't seem to see anything wrong with this.

/rerolls Horde
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ayup, soloing = more fun for me :D

There ARE problems like this on COH but not to that extent. Nothing is "required" for any endgame there, there are no loot-rolls for drops, etc. So it's more grouping because you WANT to rather than grouping because the group NEEDS you.

There are the occasional threads on the forums about "why does my SG leader insist we're always on group time" or such. Usually the rest of us recommend "get a new supergroup". :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Lol, that does sound a lot more relaxed. :)

I love grouping in WoW though, it's why I'm so addicted. I just have this love of filling big nasty things with arrows before they can even touch me. <.<
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

One of my favorite powersets in COH is Ice control. There's this huge wonderful PBAOE centered on the character, that when you're in a big battle (and there are two kinds: the alien Rikti invasions that happen on occasion, triggered by a particular raid, and the Zombie invasion triggered ... somehow, we still aren't sure any more) everything around you just FREEZES, with this massive CRUNCHRUMBLESNAP and then there's a kind of windy silence... it's freaking great. And of course, everything is Held so everyone else in the battle gets a bit of a respite from getting hit, and it's more quiet because their powers aren't making noise... :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Ouch, makes me almost a bit glad I never had a character who was high enough level to raid (my main's 63), though since he was a holy-spec priest, I don't imagine...

Scratch that, raiding would have still been a nightmare. The woes of being the healer, anywhere you go. ;_;

I won't claim to speak for every server, but I started alliance on a whim, re-rolled horde on the insistence (and persistence) of my roommates, and I've never looked back. And I had characters spread out on 5 different servers. Have you ever given the other side of the coin a shot?

Horde can have its own problems, especially if you prefer being global flagged on a PvE/RP server (allies tend to outnumber horde 2 to 1), but I've still met the friendliest people under the guises of rotting corpses and bipedal bovines. And some of the worst playing night elves and humans... though to be fair, blood elves can be a mixed lot. They're pretty though. >.>

Post by Guest »

when I played wow years back I had issues with alliance too. I decided to make a human alt, and it seemed like everyone an alliance was either missing a few screws or had their heads up their butts.
However, I think a lot of people found my black priestess really hot because I was constantly being approached by level 60 (the cap at the time) players that would give me tons of gold and equipment I couldn't use yet.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

I actually started out as Horde (on a pvp server no less) and went Alliance for no particular reason--I like the quests and zones a lot more, and that may be part of it.

One of my old friends from hordeside talked me into coming back to his server and rolling a belf hunter, we'll see where that goes I guess. :P

Post by Guest »

Mind if I ask what server you hail from? :) I've been playing off and on for about a year now, and funny enough, I play hunter as well. :) My main is on Zangarmarsh...also known as the end of the road as far as raiding goes.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

dracleia wrote:Mind if I ask what server you hail from? :) I've been playing off and on for about a year now, and funny enough, I play hunter as well. :) My main is on Zangarmarsh...also known as the end of the road as far as raiding goes.
Alliance on Sen'jin, Horde on Dragonmaw. :)