RIP <3 :[

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Cy
Dragon

RIP <3 :[

Post by Cy »

Well, apparently I no longer have to worry about sneaking Puppy in to the new apartment. He died this afternoon.

Last Saturday, I fed him a rat, on schedule, that he ended up vomiting up a day later. I'm thinking the rat was ill with something that passed on to Puppy, because Puppy had still been active even up until this morning, but when I came home from work today, he wasn't in his usual spot. I reached in to check on him, and he was limp and not breathing. He had looked completely healthy, and I can't come up with any reason he would have rejected the rat, or died, since he had been completely fine until after eating it.

He's in my freezer at the moment, and my friend Spoon is coming to pick him up on Sunday to gut him and preserve the skin for me so I can hang it in a poster frame in my new room.

I will miss him so much :/
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

:( Oh noes! that's sad. I was told that normally, snakes don't vomit unless it's been handled too much, but I would imagine that if he died shortly after there was something wrong :( *hugs* that's so sad.

I'd cuddle my snake but she's hungry and way bigger than I would be able to keep off me.... o.o
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Exactly, and I tended not to handle Puppy at all for a few days before he would eat, and then wouldn't handle him after he'd eaten until he defecated, to avoid that problem.

You know, other than picking him up to put him in his feeding box, and then to remove him from the feeding box back to his tank, but that was our routine for years.

So yeah. There's isn't much I can do, I was joking with my mom that I should take the rat's body and Puppy's body to the pet store I buy his rats from and demand a new pet. But without testing by a vet, I wouldn't be able to prove the rat was sick and passed it on, and I don't have the kind of money to do that, nor do I need a new pet with the others I still have.

I'll just really miss Puppy, because I hand raised him, and he was so sweet and cuddly. Giving me kisses and following me from room to room :[ And he actually helped a number of my friends overcome their fear of snakes with how gentle he was.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:( I'm so sorry to hear that, Cy. Poor guy.
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Aw man, I'm sorry Cy. It's never easy to lose a pet and then on top of the stress of moving... :( He sounds like an awesome snake. I've been a bit leery of reptiles as pets because they seem less cuddly than something like a cat, but Puppy there makes me think otherwise.

I love that photo where he's reared up, peering over the grass. <3
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Thanks guys <3

I'm just hoping he is enjoying himself in pet-heaven. I don't know what exactly a heaven for snakes would consist of, but based on Puppy's likes, it probably has a tropical lagoon with sunning rocks and warm water for swimming. He loved warm baths and showers *nod*
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Poor snake :( I'm really sorry to hear about that *hugs*
ImageImageImage
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

;___; That's sad. [hughughug]
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )

Post by Guest »

He looked like a really good friend (and a really photogenic snake, too!). <3 *HUG* Sorry for your loss. :(
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Thanks you guys. He really was. He was one of my favorite art subjects. I'd take pictures of him all the time, and use his shed skin in art projects.