Welcome!

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I think we need to update that newbie guide yet, too! XD I'm glad it's making more sense! If you were to open up an adoption site I would SO adopt from you! XD Your art would be perfect for this!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hi Marla! :D

X3 You liked the guide? Dray wrote it, I made the webpage.. I loves it so. But the FAQ still needs questions to add to it. XD

So! As a complete newbie to dragoning, what are you wondering? :D
Image Image Image Image

Post by Guest »

hmm, the only question I can think of so far is, are the dragons usually named by the dragonries? Or are the bonders/sponsors usually expected to name them when they get them? I haven't seen anything about naming them on any of the dragonry site's rules so I assume there's some sort of unwritten common knowledge I'm missing.
That annnd, maybe just find a beginner's guide to html to link to. (That's just for lazy people though, a 2 second google gave me everything I needed)
The beginner's guide really helped! especially the link to the character sheet/site example. I think just showing examples for some of the processes help a lot.
I just might open an adoption site too! I'll have to go through a successful adopt or two before I'm comfortable though.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Most dragonries name the dragons when they give them out. There are a notable couple that don't, and allow the adopter to name their dragon. However that's pretty rare.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Sometimes for give-away dragons (which you may find in the 'Giveaways' section) you can name the dragons there, but those from adoption centers are usually named by the center-owners. Makes it easier to keep records!

Post by Guest »

Hello there, I'm Tigeress, or Tigs for short, and I don't yet know much about the Nexus except... lots of great artists are here, which tends to draw in someone like myself (give me all yar pretties!). I like... uhm... everything? Pretty things, shinies, four wheeling, you know- the usual.

I now should probably go read stuff, there are many big forums I don't yet understand :3.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hi, Tigs, nice to meet you! :3 The beginners guide is a good starting point, and if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

Post by Guest »

Thankies ^^ I'm not going to tell you that I've yet to see this beginners guide, because then I'm sure you'd formulate the opinion that I fail, and I would be forced into a most emo existance. XD *goes to search*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Naw, don't worry about it!

The Nexus Guide is still in te works, but it has a few helpful hints here and there. ^_^

Post by Guest »

Heya Tigs! ^_^ Good to see you on the dragoning side of life. I'm always up to answering any questions you may have. Just poke me on MSN.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Jennluff <3 I managed to find everything after a quick re-search through *blush* and now am starting to understand stuff.

Wow. So many people I thought were poofed from the internet world have been hiding out here XD.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

HAI Tigs! Welcome to the insanity!

Hiya

Post by Guest »

I'm new, if someone could point me to the newbie guide I'd be much obliged, forgive the lack of avatar, tis only temporary.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

We have a newbie guide? :shock:

Oh, wait, here it is.
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kat/nexus/

Man, I need to read that too, and I've been here for ages... hehe.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hi and welcome!

I'm your local Geezer, Shard. Feel free to jump in and ask whatever questions you'd like! :D

We've got freebies going and giveaways, as well as a holiday *cough*annual*coughchoke* event the Winter Gather, which if you're looking to start collecting dragons - great places to start. (in the Giveaways section, of course!)

If you've got a website for such things already, by all means head to the Database area and put your links up! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey and welcome! :D Like Shard said, feel free to ask any questions you like! We've got everything from classical Pernese hatchings to freebie giveaways if you want to collect random dragony cyberpets, and everything in between! If there's anything in the newbie guide that doesn't address your questions, please poke us here. XD We love to see new faces!

Post by Guest »

Ok so im glad i found this thread. its been, oh i dont know... 3ish years or so since ive been around. and id never heard of the nexus until i started getting emails from the kshau yahoo group in my inbox :mrgreen: so i visited that group, and then suddenly.. well, here i am. new site, new characters, completely revamped everything.. new name. new drawings done up for potential hatchings of my own, but im trying not to jump face first back into these waters haha. so anyway.... hi. im off to read those "beginners guides" because well... i feel like a beginner again! -.-
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yay welcome! Sorry about the forums being a bit wonky recently, but obviously they're fixed now, and it's always nice to see a new/returning Weyrwoman :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

woo! welcome! Haven't been able to say that in a while!
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Welcome!! (that is a strange word to say, lol)

Shard and Dry have already pointed out the big things, like, links and the newbie guide (we still have that?). It's fun here but can be quite dead at times. Anyone here but me would be good for questions!!

Have fun and don't get eaten! 8D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey, welcome (back) to the Nexus! ^_^ Don't let the massive amount of info scare you off... >_> We're pretty quiet most days so it's easy to ease into the scene. :D If you have any questions, poke us!

(Everyone else, poke me if we need a revamp to the Beginners Guide? I can always pass on files to JKat, who's otherwise really busy, lately!)

Post by Guest »

Hiiii...

My name is Lilu (though I answer to Rabs, too *shrug?*), and I've been active enough of a lurker in cyberpets over the years to know who ... at least some of you are through your art. I'll bet like, 5 of you know me, so I'm ... saying hi, I guess. ^^;

Anyway, I'm Uny's roommate/enforcer, and I've been told to make an account on the Nexus, much as I've been kind of shirking that idea since the last several ... whatever. So, tada. Accountances.

I write like crazy, when the mood strikes me, and I'm very set in my adopting habits, so chances are that if I haven't adopted from you, you scare the pants off me. o_o; And I'm really hoping I haven't accidentally stepped on anyone's toes ever before, since like... ALL of you scare the pants off me. ^^; So, woohoo for you? I guess?

Any of you who care, I adopt out bunny dragons, which are exactly what they sound like, and I'm sure one day will have a clutch I can advertise for, and then you'll all see the crack I do in my spare time.

So. That. There. Hi. Hello. How are ya'.

I'll go ominous Uny's posts now, most ricky-tick. Now that you all sit here going "O_o Uh, I do not think her 'enforcer' has teeth..."

<3 Nice to meet you.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeee! Bunnydragons!

Where! Want!

>_> hehe want to breed with some ... not quite bunny dragons? :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

http://vm.projectnos.net/BD/ is where you can find them at. I have... no adopters evar (as in, IRL-name basis with practically ALL of them? XD), but if there is interest sometime, I can easily slap a small clutch together. They're really story-intensive, though, which I know is a big turn-off nowadays. *shrug* I'm an old-school dragoner at heart?

And yes. o_o I want to draw clutches, dammit. Though it might help if I ... draw ... my dragons... sometime ... soon... ishly. XD;

Hi!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Iiiiii remember venium mactare! I don't think I ever got to adopt anything from there, I was changing computers and never got the link back! wow.... flashback :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

See. I been around. >_> *SHIFTY LOOK!* I just went underground. With the moles. Dug holes. Published 'zines. Had musical interludes. (NOTE: None of that but the first, second, and final statements are true :D)

Now you has a link? XD It's dragon-reposession season for me right now. New clutches don't come til after November, but yes. That. XD;

Hopefully my SIX adopters will want in on clutches sometime in the future. And I won't have to beat the crap out of them with sticks come January. x_x

Enough of that! XD Nice to meet someone who actually remembers us! We kind of suck at advertising. XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well you need to start posting in here then :) We need some new life in here, but expect that not everyone wants to write a lot. Some are just image collectors, so if you maybe get new stuff out that doesn't require much more than a page and some carrots now and then you're gonna get more of us into it :D

Myself, I still write plenty, but I like freebies. heheh.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I like -doing- freebies. My personal rule of thumb is that if there's /not/ a clutch open, and someone wants one (and wants to write for one), they get one from the seed clutch (you'll notice it's twice as big as anything else on the records page. o_o; ) wherein they can pick the gender and colors, and hit the ground running with a hutchling already eating their bondmate's brains.

As for less-intensive dragons, my fingers try, and my sketchbook is the boneyard for many-many, but I haven't found one I like yet. The bunch I thought I had turned out to be the basis for a roleplay I want. *kick self* I'll get something one of these days. XD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*waves!* Hey, how's it going?! 8D

(Dude, I need to find myself an enforcer... >_> I have -so- many records and dragons that have gone unaccounted for for -so- long. XD)

You dragon bunnies are awesome and adorable! :3333 I agree with Shard -- post here more often and we will flock... like aphids! XD

Post by Guest »

Aphids? XD And the dragons are the ladybugs that will slay you? Or what?

I got roped into enforcering because there's little that annoys me more than unupdated pages. XD And I can set a deadline and stick to it? Or something?

Anyway, nice to meet you! :D I plan to be active-ish with Uny for the next couple months, then probably start playing my own tune more towards the new year. Since November exists between now and then. o_o And November owns my soul.

Hi! :D