Welcome!

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Hi.

I'm Myrror.

I'm old.

(but not as old as Shard. *hides*)

Welcome. And beware of Dark. She pounces. And ties.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

Okay, might as well add my bit in here, too. :)

I'm NightBengal. I've known about this place for a while, but just recently got up enough to write a story and enter my first clutch.

Glad to know everyone, and hope I can add a little to all the fun, here. :)

Cheers.

Night
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Heya, NightBengal!

Are you a friend of Caco' and Leilay, or am I mistaking names? X3

In any case, welcome to the Nexus! :DDD Hope you enjoy yourself--and good luck with your first candidate!
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Yep. I've known Night there longer than I've known you and Phe XD

:: waves at him ::
The stupidest smart person you ever met.

Post by Guest »

Heya, Dray, and thanks for the welcome. :) Yup, I've known Caco for about ... gosh, over seven years now, I think. As for Leilay... you might say I'm rather attached to her... ;) *admires the shiny ring on her finger*

*waves back* Heya, Caco -- we've missed you. :) Good to see you.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Yeah, getting home from work about the same time as I usually get online makes things hard ^^' See you soon, I hope ;.;
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Cool! Well, welcome to the Nexus! :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Yellow! You don't know me. But I'll say hi anyway *waves* I'm the biggest idiot here. Though I'v only been a member since June 3rd this year. Welcome to the crazyness. Good luck with your candidate! I'd say more but I just woke up and not completly here.

Post by Guest »

I 'know' all of two people in here, so you're in good company, Shadow... ;) Thanks for the welcome, and for the good luck. I just hope the candidates aren't stressing Phe too much. <=)

Craziness? I could go for some of that... sure beats stress. =P *stretches out on the virtual-couch to relax a bit*

Thank you for the welcome too, Shard. :)

-- Night
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ooh, Phe-candidates! X3 She always has good clutches. You won't be disappointed!
leilay
Hatchling

Post by leilay »

~kisses Night on the cheek and runs~ XD

Post by Guest »

Hi, i'm Killamagig. I just joined, and haven't got much of a clue what this is all about... :D
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

New person! Omelette time! Mwahahahaha!

Yes, anyway. Hi and welcome. Name's Shiolar, Shi', Ktrenal or.. whatever, really. I have too many names.

I'm not really very good at explaining things, but:

The general principle behind the Nexus is dragons. You write characters to bond or sponsor a dragon, you draw dragons to give out to other people, you breed dragons together and end up with supermutts...

That's kinda the gist of it, but others can explain it better than I can...
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

....i wou;dn't be one of those ppl who could better explain. But I can still say Hi and welcom e to The Nexus!! ^^

To warn you...we can be crazy...but it's all in good fun! ^^
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yo, Killa!

If you're looking for further information about the Nexus, you can try here:
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kat/nexus/

There's lots of information and further links that you can check out from there, and if you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask! Most of us don't bite--we only nibble. XD
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Uh, as an addition -- I'm afraid I haven't gotten a Guide to Dragoning up yet, which is probably what you need. ^.^; I guess since no one else has said they'll do it, that means I have to. XD

Well, in any case, welcome! ^__^
Image Image Image Image

Post by Guest »

Thank you all for welcoming me! I'm just about to read that information Dray gave a link too...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Basically, if you like to write, you can create a 'candidate' character, which you can send in to an adoption agency in order to get a dragon image. Usually you make a short story for how your character gets from wherever they live to the agency, though some agencies only needs a stats page that describes the character's appearance, personality, and other tidbits.

If you like to draw, you can set up an adoption agency of your own to give out dragon images to people who send /you/ stories. You can also draw dragon-images to giveaway at the forum (there's a whole section for that!)

In either case, you can breed your own dragons or breed the dragons of others, /or/ have others breed /your/ dragons, which is what the Nexus has strongly become a part of. Mixing traits, abilities, colours, and so on seems to be a strong point of the Nexus, though there's nothing to keep you from creating a new breed of dragon!

In any case, you'll probably need a website to host your characters and dragon images--try geocities.com for a free place, if you don't have your own. It's much better for adds then some free sites (especially if you run firefox on a mac computer! >:D)

Feel free to hang around and chat, too--we like to meet new people and if you have anything to share, we're interested in hearing it! :3 Hope you enjoy your stay!
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I think Shard had a guide to dragoning somewhere? Or am I remembering incorrectly?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP Have you ever read/roleplayed dragonriders of pern? or the dragon jousters series, by mercedes lackey? -tries to think of other good dragon/rider bond series- that's all i can think of, but if you've read that-- it's kind of like that, atleast the bonding is. and there are some tranditional pernese pleaces around here too, but i backtrack~~

Also, sponsoring is like raising a dragon, without a bond, nessecarily. That's what i had the biggest trouble with, when i was new.

XP I'm DNS, by the way. At the moment I'm tired, sick, disjointed and busy, but i can still say hullo~~~

Post by Guest »

So, Corect me if i'm wrong:

I need to set up a site so that I can (When I get one) keep Dragon pictures there (Can somebody show me such a site?). Also, to get pictures I need to fill out forms on certain sites and... Stuff... :?:
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Kinda~ You don't nessicarily have to set up an agency and start giving out dragons unless you want, but to participate you do need a website of some sort. Atleast to hold stats pages.
I use photobucket to host my pictures. Geocities is good for free websites, except for the popups. Freewebs, too, but you have an upload limit of 50 files there, i think.
I have some examples of stats pages, if you like. Ask dray and some of the other people for some of theirs, since mine aren't that great, but yeah.
Alice's stats! and neveant, who actually has a story.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

That's pretty much it, yes. My site is www.ktrenal.com if you'd like to look around. In the Inhabitents section you can check out some dragons; some of them are just lone dragons with stat sheets, and these are ones received in giveaways and trades and the like. Some of the pages are for a character (with or without a story) who bonded a dragon. You get dragons by applying at other sites, or sometimes through giveaways on these forums. And likewise, if you draw your own dragons, other people can apply at your site to have dragons go to live at their site. Does that make sense?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

One example of a page like that would be here:

http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/dmae.htm

That's a stats page for a rider and his dragon, but it doesn't have to look exactly like that!

To fill out forms to /get/ a dragon, just poke around the rules and such for whatever agency you're interested in.

For Star City, for example, ( http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/SCD/ ), you'd go to 'Bonding Rules', read the rules (always read the rules! X3) and fill out the form beneath those, then post them to email or wherever the agency owner wants you to. Then you get to wait until the clutch is full, or the deadline passes, and when the clutch hatches, you should get a baby dragon image (or an adult dragon, if the clutch only gives out one image!)

Then you put that image up, write some more, wait for the adult image if it isn't given out already, and put that up, too. It seems complicated but once you get into it, it's really very easy. X3 You'll see, it's addictive!

Post by Guest »

So, on Star City I would take the info on that page and set it up like this?

Your Name: My Real Name
Your Email: My Email
Candidate's Name: My Character's Name
Candidate's URL: My Webpage
Candidate's Gender: My Characters Gender
Candidate's Species: My Characters Species
Preferences: Uhh... The Colour Green? I like that colour!
Comments: little star!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Not your real name, your online name. The one Dray would most likely recognize you by. Also, the URL is for your character's stats page or story. Each one needs an individual page where the dragon will reside. :3 And you need to read the rules a liiiiittle bit more thoroughly.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by Guest »

I read it all! Honest!

Seriously though, thanks for the info. TO GEOCITES! :)
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

:3 Well the reason I said that is because there's another little secret word you have to put in. Two if you're trying to sponsor.

No problem! Good luck!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by Guest »

It says I need to post it on the forums, any particualar place to post it when i'm done?
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Yep! Go to the Updates forum and find the Star City thread. That's where you post applications for the current clutch.