Halloweeeeen

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Cy
Dragon

Halloweeeeen

Post by Cy »

Whilst I was gluing the final studs onto my tuxedo jacket, I got to thinking about what everyone else was being for Halloween.

I myself am dressing up as a Neo-Victorian Gothic Mad Hatter. Er. Mad Hatter's sinister side? Either way, I was wondering who else has been patching together thrift store finds for a costume, who's buying a costume, and what YOU are being for Halloween?

And none of that "I'm too old" jazz. They do sell adult sized costumes afterall :P
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Not much I think. I keep gaining weight so that 500$ corset I bought a couple years ago doesn't stand a chance in hell of fitting snugly. But I'm thinking of putting it on (loose) and wearing a poofy skirt under it and being a pirate type. Arr. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Killed by classes and projects, unfortunately. I haven't thought about what to be for halloween since highschool when I went as an ice vampire and made people double-take.

That was fun.

Post by Guest »

I'm chained to my sewing machine for the next 48 hours (excepting work; we're Halloween'ing on Saturday for a party this year) so I can finish Uny's and my costumes. o__o;;;; She's going as a personification of night, and I'm going as day. XD I figure it's an easy enough way to introduce her to people around the area. (Different as...?)

o_o Anyway, must get back to sewing before she tries to evict me. (As long as she feeds me, I'm fine. :D)
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Oh, I'd like to see that personification. I've seen too many people buying Joker costumes this year *faceplant*
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

During the day I'm going as a pirate, because where I work is having a pirate theme and also I have classes in the morning and I don't want to be walking around with wings all day whilst sitting in desk chairs and carrying a bookbag. For the evening, though, I'm going as the "Angel of Death" which essentially consists of a witch costume with black wings, but it's going to be all gothy and cool, I hope. I'm not goth at all, but I've secretly always wanted to be, and this is the one night of the year I can get away with it :lol:
ImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

Cy wrote:Oh, I'd like to see that personification. I've seen too many people buying Joker costumes this year *faceplant*
O_o hopefully Uny's camera cooperates long enough to take photos. x_x I'm really hoping it works and is NOT as freakishly COLD as it's been the last several days, or I'm screwed.

Hello, cotton sundress in the SNOW. >__>;
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

I'm being piratey at work tomorrow, and then switching to my gothy party dress and fangs for the evening. *nod* We're having folk over and playing Rock Band 2, 'cos my friend wanted to be a Rock Star for Halloween. :D
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Sounds like everyone's going to be having fun :] Pirates are always a popular choice

I've been joined in my quest for sinister Wonderland, it seems, because a few friends have come up with their own darker versions of characters. And apparently our Cheshire cat is going to be green X3

It used to make me quite sad our school didn't let us dress up on Halloween. We had to abide by the dresscode.
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

D: I'm not dressing up for hallowe'en this year (unless the outfit I'm modelling for an art class counts). I could, technically, dress up for school, but I'm doing paper mache during my art class, and the feather boa tail to my cat costume just wouldn't do so well, I don't think.

:D It would be very cool to live vicariously through all of you with piiiiiictures though :P
ImageImageImageImage