Kendra's Clutch - HATCHING! :D

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Unyko
Dragon

Kendra's Clutch - HATCHING! :D

Post by Unyko »

Okay, so now that November (nanowrimo) and Christmas are over, I'm gonna post a deadline for these guys. And since this clutch has been open for a loooong time and we've only just gotten the required amount of candidates, I'm not giving a whole lot of time. Lets say, next Saturday (01-03-09)?

So if anyone is interested in getting a candidate in for this clutch, I suggest you hurry!

*scamper off to finish writing 'Kida's hatching* ^.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about the form, guys! *facepalm* It must have slipped my mind when I opened this thing up. *sheepish* Anyway, here it is. <3 You can either post a new reply with your form, or edit the post you made with the link in it.

Anyway, here you go!

Your Name:
Email:
Bond or Sponsor?
Candidate's Name:
Page:
(make sure the story is easily accessible from the link you post)
Preferred Father: (Keromazon or Mossamang)
If your candidate doesn't bond in the clutch they're standing in, would you like them to shift to a different one? (if you do, let me know which one(s) in order of preference)

Sorry again! ^.^;

Oh, and a note: This is the only clutch that's open at the moment, but keep an eye open. X3 There'll be more fun things on the way from VotS soon.

Past Updates:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...will be in the nests just as soon as I get one of the current clutches out. :D However, with the mother being a Saa, there are a -very- limited number of eggs, and with the parental claims, the total number of available eggs is... two. So. We're going to have an old-fashioned story contest for those two eggs! ^.^; Anyone who doesn't get one from that clutch has the option of moving to a top spot in the next clutch, which is Star of Day's, and promises to be quite exciting. X3

So, this is basically a pre-clutch warning to let you guys know that there will be stories required, and that only the best two stories will get in. (And as extra incentive, this clutch has completely different outlines for each hatchling, like what I do for purebred Saa clutches, and the first Saa mix (clutch #2).)

And I guess that's about it! :D Oh, Lilu's going to be the one judging the stories, so there's no chance of me playing favorites or anything (which does sometimes happen, I have to admit). I'll start taking candidates tomorrow morning, after I release Zettai's clutch. ^.^

*salute* Good luck!
Last edited by Unyko on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Unyko »

Well, it took a little longer to update things and get clutches out, but guess what! Kendra's clutch is open for candidates! :D

I'll post a sketch preview soon (of a hatchling/adult I'm keeping) to give you an idea of what you'll be in for. Well, of one half of the clutch parentage, anyway. X3

Remember, there are only two eggs available this time, though both eggs have completely unique images from hatching to adulthood. I'll leave this open for a while.. not sure how long, but I'll post well ahead of any deadline I decide on. *salute* Happy writing! :D
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

Hey Uny? In terms of timeline, when are current flights happening in comparison to when the current clutches hatch? >.>

I have a couple candidates I'd like to send you but there are some timeline restrictions on them related to the purebred Saa flight you have up so I want to make sure I'm not going to have to completely flub the timelines in writing my stories! XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Um. XD Darn, with all the trouble I've been having with getting clutches out, I've completely lost track of what actually went out when. ^.^;;

But, um. I'd say there's about a month between Kendra's flight and Star of Day's... so Kendra's eggs would still be in the nests while Star flies, and would hatch a little while after that. Does that help at all?

You know, if all else fails, I do have Exodus, who can create time-space portals. X3 *offeroffer?*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

That's just about perfect! :) I'll keep working on my stories and have them to you as soon as I can! :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Awesome! :D *happy dance for candidates*

Oh, and speaking of the purebred flight; make sure you let me know when your little silver!saa is ready to grow, too. ^.~!
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

*nodnods* Working on that...he's going to grow up pretty soon, I just want to get some more story down for him first. Gotta decide how his personality's going to develop as he grows so that it shows through in the story... :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I has question!

Are the two eggs one from each of the males, or is there kind of a mystery about that? I just have no earthly clue what will constitute a good story, nor who I'd be writing toward in terms of powers, appearance and the like.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Yeah, the two eggs are one from each father. ^.^ Saa clutches are naturally small, so with parental claims and whatnot, it makes the availability go down drastically. There's already some fiddling done (via Genesis and Exodus with their genetic play and time-space portals) to make the clutch as big as it is, and I may end up giving up my claim on one of the eggs if there are three really good stories. (This is another reason why Saa purebred clutches don't happen a lot. ^.^;)

Sorry for the confusion, and I hope that helps!

And as a teaser: One of them will be generally angry looking but good-aligned with huntermind communication (poor confused little herbivores! XD), and the other will be generally sweet looking and have shapeshifting abilities. X3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Kendarath »

Haha, I have a candidate for you, but I can't actually find the form to give him to you. I am obviously blind as a bat.

Here is his url, so you can have a look at him while you point me in the direction of the correct form. :D

Your Name: Kendarath
Email:k_darkwid at yahoo.ca
Bond or Sponsor? bond
Candidate's Name: Dakan Zulistin
Page: http://personae.darkwindart.com/thetaken/dakan/
Preferred Father: Mossamang if I had to choose
If your candidate doesn't bond in the clutch they're standing in, would you like them to shift to a different one? Yes,to whereever you need/want him
Last edited by Kendarath on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

I'm afraid that I don't see a form either, more's the pity, so I shall post my URL for you to look through. I haven't actually written anything of more than minimal length in a long time. O_o;

http://jennalyn.net/critters/aurick/

Post by Guest »

... Actually, neither can I... (HI JENN! *POINT AT*)

So, um, I'll poke Uny to do that today, if she can tear herself away from her new bishel egg long enough to write "Name, URL, preferred father, other crap" and slap it somewhere. >_> If not, I'll whip one up when I get home tonight. <3

Yaaaay applicayshunz! :D *JOY!*
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Eep! Sorry about that. ^.^; Missing form has been posted. *point up to beginning of thread*

*sheepish*

*scamper off to scrounge for breakfast*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Guest »

*stares at pointing finger like deer in headlights* O_O

Hi, Lilu. xD *luffles all over and joins in your Christmas /glee/* I helped decorate our tree. :3

Your Name: Jenn
Email: roczath@gmail.com
Bond or Sponsor?: Bond
Candidate's Name: Aurick
Page: http://jennalyn.net/critters/aurick/
Preferred Father: I wouldn't mind either one, but I suppose Mossamang if I had to choose
If your candidate doesn't bond in the clutch they're standing in, would you like them to shift to a different one?: Yes, please; whichever one is next open
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Uny, could you toss me a theme to write for the next clutch? Either something you want to read or something off the top of your head? @.@ I neeeed to submit someone and I have a few hours RIGHT NOW to write. Homg.

Vampires? XD Augh, Pazzie's kicking around in my head. Hmmm.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

X3 You know I'd always take Pazzie. <3 *has a love for vamps in general, and him specifically* :D

Star of Day's clutch is gonna have some -interesting- traits, thanks to her bond's presence, so something out of the ordinary (or someone who could use a kick from something out of the ordinary XD) are good themes, too. (And yes, I count vampires as 'out of the ordinary,' too. ^.~)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Oh dear, dragons with face-twins? X3333

Good flight, by the way! I enjoyed reading Kendra's!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

XD!

I rather enjoyed it myself! Lilu's a pretty good writer - she wrote the thing. <3 (Am -not-, however, enjoying trying to draw an acceptable saa x yautie facial structure. x.x; *topple*)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

XD Mandibles are such a pain in the arse. But at the same time, Yautie-mutts are freaking awesome. I'm sure the purebloods would be HIGHLY disappointed!

:3 I like reading stories where I have to look up a word or two to confirm what it means (and not in a thesaurus-rape sort of way. XD)
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Okay, so now that November (nanowrimo) and Christmas are over, I'm gonna post a deadline for these guys. And since this clutch has been open for a loooong time and we've only just gotten the required amount of candidates, I'm not giving a whole lot of time. Lets say, next Saturday (01-03-09)?

So if anyone is interested in getting a candidate in for this clutch, I suggest you hurry!

*scamper off to finish writing 'Kida's hatching* ^.^
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

X3 We'll see what I can do. My story is sitting neglected in my inbox at the moment, but I think there's still a lot of work left on it and I... am not the best writer, so it tends to wander and take twists and turns that I didn't mean for it to. I may wind up having to send Pazzie in to a future clutch if I don't hit this deadline.

I'm still amused that mini!Agate is in Eikida's clutch. XD I can't wait to write more for that.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

X3 Well, you can always save that story for Star of Day's clutch. <3 You'll have a bit of time for that, as it hasn't even been flown yet. ^.^;;

*gigglesnicker* *also can't wait for new story for him/them* X3 I hope he gets along with the hatchling! Oh, and I have a question for you! *skitter off to send note* o.o
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xenoqueen »

I must confess, this candidate was written some time ago for a dragonry now closed and unlikely to reopen, so I feel like it's a little lazy of me to toss her up here for a gander... but I can't let this clutch slip by without an attempt at it and the "new" story in my head is resisting being put to paper and I've run out of time with that particular battle! XD ^_^;

Your Name: Phoenix
Email: thexenoqueen@gmail.com
Bond or Sponsor? Bond
Candidate's Name: Vanessa Ethridge
Page: http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/M ... /index.htm
Preferred Father: Keromazon
If your candidate doesn't bond in the clutch they're standing in, would you like them to shift to a different one? Certainly, and any clutch is fine

Post by Guest »

This clutch, it is closed. All applicants will be decided and a hatching written up and babies drawn. Thanks to those who submitted. For those too late, please save your applications for Star of Day's clutch, which will be made of awesome. :D

Thanks!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*amused* What she said. XD
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

Dang it! I was planning (for timeline reasons) to have a candidate in this clutch... *grumblemutter* Oh well...um...now I don't know what to do with that story I was working on... :(

I guess I can post it so my Saa can grow if nothing else...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Awu, I'm sorry. ;.; If you want, you can send it in for one of my 'in-betweener' clutches? They're happening pretty much constantly.. and in fact, there's one or two I've been planning for literally -years-. ^.^; They're not gonna be run like a clutch.. more giveaway-style than anything else.

But if you have story to grow your Saa, please do send it in. I'm waitin' on him to close Star of Day's flight. XD;;;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

The candidate I have to send is tied to his story so I'll work on tying off the loose ends this week and send them both to you at once to decide what to do with! XD Sorry 'bout the wait on him...I've just been kinda hemming and hawing over how exactly I want to end this bit of the story... :P
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

And then there were hatchlings. X3

http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... tch-13.htm

Deadline to get these guys up is two weeks from now, same as always. I'll set it a little later, though, since they didn't go out on a Saturday, and I like my deadlines over the weekend. ^.^;; So you get an extra half-week - January 24th. *salute!* And if you have extra story added by then, they'll get some fun extras. X3 I haven't inked their adult images yet, so there's still time to add jewelry/tattoos/scars/whatnot, depending on how you wanna turn your story.

So! Have fun, and I hope you enjoy your new babies! :D
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Kendarath »

*gigglejoys and begins writing story immediately.... a story that has already gotten longer than any other hatchling story of hers to date O_o*
ImageImageImageImage