Clan Akelara - Myrsilkain Clutch: Sestrel's clutch HATCHED!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Clan Akelara - Myrsilkain Clutch: Sestrel's clutch HATCHED!

Post by StarFyre »

Read the last post for information!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was started a long, long time ago. And by a long time ago, I think I mean over two years at this point.

But, about two weeks ago, I got an email with a candidate form for this clutch. It poked my mind enough that I just had to finish the adult images.

So! In the interest of getting this out!

The colored adult female -- this being Sestrel.

The colored adult male -- this being Akkorlest.

The hatchlings will be pure Seasons. I'd like four more candidates or sponsors. Stories are preferred, but I'll take stats pages.

The List So Far:
1: Gen's Selena
2: Kitsu's Meeke
3: Lilu's Spyridon Pallmern
4: Empty
5: Empty

Whether or not I have four more potentials, this clutch will close at the end of november. It will close as soon as I get four more, and hatch soon afterwards.
Last edited by StarFyre on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Did I ever send Meeke to you? And if so, which clutch was that? It was so long ago I don't really remember. 0_0
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

O_o;; I am quite sure you did, at some point, send Meeke to me. The story seems too familiar for you not to have. I don't remember which clutch, though!

<.<;; Me and my recordskeeping (or lack thereof). Want Meeke to stand here?

Post by Guest »

o_o; GAH, they're so pretty!

Must write more fasterer. *shifty look*
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well I have a set of 4 girls that need places, and are elemental-based. I really would like them to all go to the same place, but not necessarily for the same clutch.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Yes, please. It probably was that one anyway.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Shard: Well, the Myrsilkains are elemental based. And now that I have a functioning template for them I can actually do their clutches fairly easily. =P

Kitsu: Alright. I'll add him in.

Post by Guest »

As always, I'm blown away by your beautiful art. I'll definitely try and find a candidate for you regardless of whether it gets in this clutch or not. :)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

My girls don't require matching Elements, so I'll send them along and you pick whichever is right in whatever quantity you need. :) Then, I should probably send off a female Elemental, and get a clutch going lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

o_O Ignore me. Evidently I /am/ an idiot. *FINDS WHAT SHE WAS LOOKING FOR*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Snerk. It's alright. We all have those moments in life.

Post by Guest »

*can now stop worrying about finishing entry and can hit send button on e-mail* :D *does so*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Got it - list is updated.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I'm really loving that male. The female is awesome too, but the male is just wow. I have to write a candidate for this, hopefully I can get the story written before the clutch fills.
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Is the list on the website going to actually be updated? Because it's still empty and still shows other stuff I'm not even sure is going to happen?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

In between (and during) classes I'm in the process of updating pages and actually getting the Season descriptions completed.

=P The main problem is that I'm now exclusively working on Kysan, my Tablet PC, which I stated early on in the year was going to be used exclusively for art and related work. So I don't actively have the files on this machine, nor (for some reason) were they on the backup that I have on the ipod.

Now, of course, my silver laptop (which has all my html files, notes, etc) is clawing itself into the grave one step at a time, so I've stopped using it except in emergencies or when I need legacy files that I haven't pulled yet (or I'm using it as an MP3 player). The battery no longer charges (takes about 2 weeks of constantly being plugged in to charge it 30%, and it can only be unplugged for about an hour, hour'n a half on a full charge), so I can't carry it around with me to classes. On top of which, it's constantly blue-screening because of driver issues if I do anything more than have media player, one or two word documents (or equivilant), EVEMon, and one browser window with five or so tabs open (it's a very specific driver issue with the onboard video card, which slowly accumulated small errors with every XP update - once it reaches critical mass, it starts blue screening at random times, so even a complete wipe a reset is only good for about a month).

So over the weekend I did a partial update of all the files on the ipod, making sure I had the current versions of all of them (well, to be fair, the "partial update" hit all the important zones, namely My Documents, My Pictures, and so on), and I'm now in the process of updating those old pages. About every evening around 11 PM or so my time, there should be an update of at least one page until everything is complete and taken care of. The front page will keep a running tally of the four latest updates, and I'll keep a Previous Updates page. Eventually, I'm intending on creating a database of entries, so that the main page and previous updates will update themselves =P

So yes =P Nothing's been updated because until today I didn't have active access at all the raw html files + notes that I keep.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

With Kendarath's character, and one of Shard's "for any myrsilkain clutch" group, I now have the minimum number to hatch this clutch.

At the moment, I'm going to hesitantly set the hatching date for November 7th, based on my current health (pretty sure I managed to get a chest cold, which feels like it wants to linger) and level of projects I have. If anyone else wants a candidate or sponsor in, speak up now to let me know your interest.

And yes, the combination of being sick and a massive number of projects, both for work and for class, are the reason I haven't been updating the pages like I said I would. But when I feel like my chest is going to split in half, updating things isn't high on my list of priorities.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Bleah, drink some herb tea and some cranberry juice and go to sleep! *hugs*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I've slept myself out, to be honest, and in the process lost several important days in my classes that I can't make up. If I try to sleep now, I just end up tossing and turning, and alternating from so hot I'm sweating to so cold I'm freezing in the span of about a minute. At least being out and about outside with a breeze means I don't feel like I'm going to suffocate in the near future.

As for tea.. >.>;; At this point, I almost always have a cup of Tazo Zen or some other type of green tea within my reach, since it's the only thing that really stops the cough.

Post by Guest »

Awwu! :( Feel better! *HUG*

Post by Guest »

-peeks in- I want to send in a candidate but I literally only have time on the 6th to finish his story.

Mm I guess I don't finish it in time, I'll just send him to one of your other clutches. :)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

These images are just gorgeous. Wow, Starry, you really kicked it up!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Tada! Finished!

The hatching is here:
http://www.silveredmagic.com/akelara/hatching3.html

The pickup page is here:
http://www.silveredmagic.com/akelara/h3result.html

They will grow in 2 weeks -- so try to have them up before the 3rd of January. If you can't make that, contact me, and we'll work something out.

With that, there is only Briski's clutches left. If I recall correctly, I have everything done except the actual hatching itself and one of the three bases. That includes having the dragons colored for the two bases that I do have finished.

If anyone would like to see more pureblood Myrsilkains going out, send me a female or two and some males to chase!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Selena and 1-57v4n should get together....>_> once her dragons are adults, he's got a pair himself. And, he's a bot. <_< :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Just dropping a note to say that Zaten's been paged for a while, but I finally updated the story. ^__^;;

They're /so pretty/. :D *petpetpet*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

The adults are now uploaded and posted. Page them before January 19th, please.

There are some dragons that haven't been paged yet. Be aware that, baring a good excuse, those dragons will be abandoned in two weeks, when the adults are suppose to be paged.

Shard, Weronika's isn't up unless I'm missing something.
Kitsuneko, Meeke's Mial isn't up as well.

I've sent an email to Gen (Selena's owner), because I'm not aware if Gen frequents the Nexus.

Happy paging, and hope you enjoy the adults!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

*facepalm* I knew I was forgetting someone. I'll do him tomorrow.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Don't worry about it =P I figured it had gotten lost in the mass-posts that've been happening lately.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Garrr!

Made the page, forgot to upload it. :D I'll have the hatchling one up very shortly, but if it's okay with you, since the girls are all waiting at the same place, could I wait to put the adults up until they're appropriately aged? Since I think you said that the next up clutch hatching will only be a couple weeks after this one?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

=P Figured so.

And yes, timeline wise, the various hatchings are happening rather close to one another. Do you want your other three to bond at various of Briski's clutches? In any case, it's fine to wait to put the adults up.

... *grins* Your prompt at paging, at least. *subtle poke at the Swim*