Note to self

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Note to self

Post by Starburst »

So pretty much, I have this horrible cold that's knocked me dead flat and I'm missing school to get better, which is fine, except I'm gonna be really behind when I get back. >.< Oh well. That's a story for another time, I suppose.

Anyway, so earlier tonight when I'm curled up on the couch, my mom asks me if I want some cold medicine. I say yes because, of course, it's bound to make things a LITTLE easier on the "getting a good sleep" front. So she asks me if I want some night-time stuff, you know, the stuff that knocks you out cold for about 4 hours so you can sleep like a dead person and feel really good in the morning. I agree, and ask for NeoCitran, which is this lemon flavoured hot beverage thing that has medicine mixed in because, well, a hot cup of something steaming and wonderful sounds delightful at this point.

So I drink the stuff down (this note, by the way, was written 4 hours after said drinking of said NeoCitran, so the effects have worn off) and by the time I hit the bottom of the cup, I realize I don't remember where my room is. And I'm thinking, "Oh shit," because I suddenly remember something that NeoCitran does to me that not a whole heck of a lot of other people also experience.

Apparently this stuff is wicked strong on me, because in about 10 minutes from this point, I'm up the stairs (somehow got there without falling over) and in the bathroom brushing my teeth, but something's amiss here. The shower curtain in my house has cloud patterns on it that are normally quite plain and not something that would cause me to laugh hysterically; however, as I'm standing here brushing my teeth, I'm seeing these hilarious images in said clouds, and I'm laughing so hard I start crying. My sister comes into the room and she asks me if I'm high, and I tell her that's a pretty good possibility considering the hallucinations and memory loss. She gives me a weird look and tells me not to jump out the window. This sounds tempting but I agree. At least I'm still level-headed enough to stay in my room and attempt to sleep.

I lay down in my bed, call my dad three times because I can't remember whether or not I called, and after he gets me some water I go to sleep.

Well... sort of.

My sister got a new video game recently: Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility for the Wii. Whether or not you've heard of it doesn't really matter, but I remember watching her play it earlier today, and rather than going to sleep, I enter this incredibly odd delirium in which I'm inside the game, and I need to do something like find items and spin the world around and give stuff to in-game characters to make the world happy - or something like that. (In retrospect, I don't remember much, but it was really REALLY odd.) This continues on for four hours - four STRAIGHT hours - and I look at the clock about every half hour and say to myself, "This is really stupid/odd/weird/trippy/WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON."

I can't get out of said delirium until the NeoCitran's effects wear off, and when they do, I suddenly just pop awake - no more of this falling back into the weird dreams and tossing and turning and fevers and other weird stuff that's going on.

The first thing I see when I come out of this weird NeoCitran-induced state is my mom, and she says that the four hours are up and I can take more medicine if I want.

This time, I ask for Tylenol Cold Nighttime, because honestly, that's more than enough of a NeoCitran-induced delirium for one night.

Moral of the story: Don't take NeoCitran. EVER AGAIN.

Although I'm sure that somewhere along the line, I'm gonna forget about this whole thing and take it again, but that's not the point. XD
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

AWESOME.

Where can I get some? :D hehehehe!

I hope you're feeling better.

My one friend had a cure for a stuffy head. Take a 16 ounce glass, and a bottle of rum, hold at arm's length, pour until it smells good. drink it all.

No, you will not lose your cold any faster, but you also won't care. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

My mom just gets it at the drug store.

I still find it hard to believe that this stuff is legal. My sister tells me this morning that I ran into the wall beside my room door around five or six times screaming "WHERE'S THE DOOR?!" before actually successfully making it into my room. XD

I'm pretty sure rum has NOTHING on this stuff.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry