Holic

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

*cough* Since I seem to be on a writing spree at the moment, do you have a limit on the number of candidates that you'll accept from one person?
ImageImageImageImage
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

There's no limit on how many you can send in, they just won't be guaranteed bonds, and will be shuffled to other clutches if they don't bond
:]
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Ok, since I feel bad for how clutches tend to sit and sit and sit, I've decided I'm going to start doing things a little differently at Holic. I'll continue to keep shadowed previews up, as well as a count of how many eggs are still available in each clutch, but candidates and sponsors will now receive their bonds as soon as they are sent in. It'll be run similar to the BWR clutches of Dray's, where once you send me someone [yes, you can request parents if you desire] they'll be matched up with most compatible dragonet. This way, you get immediate gratification, and I don't have to hatch the whole thing all at once and have a bunch of bondless sad little draggies.

So keep an eye on this space, because those of you with candidates currently waiting will be getting your new friend some time tonight :]
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

I do apologize for the short delay, I got caught up in some real-life things. Anywho, here are the pick-ups for those with candidates on the sands.

http://www.geocities.com/cys_kave/Adopt ... h2and3.htm
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

There's still clutches available, and deadline for paging dragons is looming near :]
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

*facepalm* I know I've promised a story for Demakase, but I have no time or energy to write because of school. D: Could I submit him as a sponsor?
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

>:[ This thread obviously didn't light up for me last month, as I never saw that link to the hatching/pickup! :(

I'll get Galo's up shortly, and lol it's funny that he's a "bottomless pit" - I didn't even know that and I wrote my pernese candidate to be essentially the same :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Yeah that's fine :]

and Shard, I thought it was amusing too. The dice roller gave him that one and I was like 'perfect :D' haha.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'd put up a page with my stripey female to have a slot in the other nest, did you ever get around to making one for her? I'm trying to page some stuff today, if you're here? Just wondering.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

So is anyone else having an issue with clicking the button to log into the forums, and it pretty much just reloads the page, and then when you DO get it to log in, none of the eggs are lit up? Yeesh that was a mouthful.

But yes. So because of the above problem, I don't recall ever getting that from you Shard. If you could re-send the info again?

I had originally come here to drag up this thread to let everyone know that I am still around, am still working on getting things paged/sorted/updated, and the good news is I'm about 80% of the way there. All my pages are saved in a local folder, I've finished the new layout, and now I mostly just need to go through all the pages and remove Geocities' annoying little advertisement coding. Then it's all a matter of getting everything re-linked and then we shall be in business again :]

I'll post here again when everything is once again on the web, and I plan on having a few little dragony surprises for the grand re-opening.

/end
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Make sure that when you log in, you're adding 'www.' to the beginning of the URL. It will eat your log in attempt otherwise!
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

That might be it then, because when I click my bookmark to come here, it shows up as "http://deviant-uprising.com/nexus/"

Mehbeh if I add the www. to the bookmark it'll work right lol
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

oh my god I used to have the exact same problem. XD Yeah, it's that pesky www.
Image Image Image Image
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

So the opening has had to be pushed back a bit, seeing as I came home from work about 3 weeks ago, and my roommates had vacated the apartment, taking half my stuff with them. A week later, all power was gone, since the utilities had been in my other roommate's name. I've spent the past two weeks packing and moving, and I've been unpacking and settling in over the last few days. I just have a few more boxes to go, and then I'll be able to focus on dragoning again. That should also explain my absence the past few weeks.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

D: Augh, what?! That's freaking awful! Please tell me that your pets are still with you at least?

*sends hugs* :c
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Holy freaking crap.

Get new friends. Seriously. :(
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

You think you know someone, til you live with them. Since I'd known the whole group since I was 13, it has definitely turned me off of the idea of roommates ever again. Screw that. And I'm left paying the lease termination penalties. We're keeping all the documents, and taking them to court over it.

And yes Dray, all aminals are safe and sound. Bandit, the ferret, is staying with my boyfriend, and Beetlejuice and Lydia are with me.

They did let my sister's cat that I'd been watching out of the house [again] but he was quickly located and taken to my stepdad's new place.

Out of the things that were taken, none of it was too big of a deal to me, it was just the principal of it all. I mean they did take a wireless router and a 700$ desktop, but it hasn't worked in years and was being kept around for parts. The rest of it was just video games and such that belonged to my boyfriend, and then general things that were irritating to lose [like all dishes/towels/paper towels/silverware/cooking appliances]

I filed a police report, but I doubt anything will come of it until I take them to court.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>_< I guess that's so, huh? I hope that you guys get everything back (or at least the monetary value for it all) once everything's said and done.

Some roomies are okay, it's just really hard to find them. :c
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Alright dragonriders. Here we go

*snips ribbon*

There are still a few pages missing, and a few sections I plan on adding, but for everyone looking for the dragons I've adopted from them, or a new address to link to, the webspace is up and running. A huge thank you goes to DF for hosting me, as well.

:]

http://planet-holic.lostmysanity.net/
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hurrah :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Holy moly! Thanks for the links! :D Thanks for adding it to your signature, too! XD
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Just a small update - Firelizards are now available in the lower caverns of Stardust Weyr :]
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

OHTHEYARESOCUTE!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Heh thanks Shard :]
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Another small update. Thanks to Starfyre's help, there is now a new species available for adoption as a pet 'type' at both Castello Holic and the Zalor Breeding Program.

If you're looking for these little guys in 'normal' colors, you'll have to go to Castello Holic -
http://planet-holic.lostmysanity.net/Ho ... eRoxim.htm

If you want the more exotic colors, check out the Zalor Breeding Program -
http://planet-holic.lostmysanity.net/ZBPAdoptables.htm

If anyone has any color combination requests they'd like to see added, feel free to let me know.

Side note - At Castello Holic, you can find them through the Adoption Hall menu. At the breeding program, you can find them thru the main menu under Adoptables.

Enjoy :]
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hee cute! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Eeeeh, puppy-squirrels! XD I'm in love with the black/brown ones!

Post by Guest »

Those are cute!!!
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Glad y'all like them. I'm working on a feline-type as well, but I haven't been satisfied with any of them yet.

And hey, come on y'all, send in some risers/chasers so I can get some new clutches going ;]
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Mind if I post them here/PM instead of email, Cy? I could've sworn I sent you some back when you first posted about it, but they apparently never got through...
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)