Nessi's little generational project- Planning stages

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Nessi's little generational project- Planning stages

Post by DNS »

Gen Project Website: NGP
<hr>
You may start submitting suitors for specific offspring dragons as soon as finalized offspring is posted.
You may request offspring to take home as soon as it's posted.
Forms may be found on the website.

Current Projects:

OMARG
Operation Make Anne mccaffery Roll in her undug Grave, or, outbreed a pernese dragon.
NGP-PB-Per-MAR-01
Most Recent Offspring:
Most Recent Offspring Gen#: 0

Radioactive Godspawn
NGP-GS-Radio-01
Most Recent Offspring:
Most Recent Offspring Gen#: 0

<hr>
This has been nibbling my metaphorical ankles for awhile now, so I'm finally deciding to do something about it. :o

I've recently got this fascination with interesting crosses. Weird features, long manes, bright colors, strange powers.. anything that makes things that are unusual, awesome, or otherwise appealing. And i've also had this want to do something nice, long and generational for awhile. :D

I'm putting this thread here becuase it'll be my version of a frenzy, sort of.. not in the distribution/multiple-flights-at-the-same-time/theme'd sense (though maybe i will do some on a theme), but in the big-project type sense.

I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna do. The "goal" is to either carry it a certain number of generations, or as far as i can before i get bored/babies get too chaotic to handle, and/or make the most awesome offspring possible. :3 iunno if i'll go for specific things, like a theme, or a few characteristics, or abilities, or what. Planning is fun.

Right at this moment, i'm planning on doing one of the following-
A) Start with one of my purebred species, and start out-crossing with various other nexus dragons.
b) Start with an individual dragon and do the same, without the species emphasis.
c) start with a fairly plain generic species, like a pernsy or something, and start outcrossing, mostly becuase I've seen a lot of interesting half-blood pernsies and have no idea how i'd handle such a thing.
d) Start with one of my godspirit characters, and start outcrossing, creating demigods of various sorts. not necessarily crossing them with god characters, either-- just any. See what happens. which could have interesting story implications for moi aussi. :o

All of that is barely relevant, except I'm wondering if anyone would like to help me out each wave of this by contributing dragonses or some such. :D or if anyone's mildly interested in watching the outcomes.

The other relevancy is distribution-- IC, the dragons will all be having full-sized clutches, which will naturally vary from crossing to crossing, but that's still a lot. :x I kinda feel bad because, right at this moment, I'm like.. swamping people in nessiart unintentionally-- recent increase in my free time = more artstuff = accidental swampage. I don't want to like.. get to stage three and have people groaning because goddamn they're sick of this. So i dunno how i'm gonna handle distribution, or if I will at all?
I think, if anyone's interested, I'll just post up my examples of each crossing, and then ask if anyone wants any, and anyone who wants them gets them. :3 That seems painless enough, and allows me to play around with as many generations as I want without having a bunch of excess dragons running around. and stuff.
If I did that, then I might do a few of the dragons as like.. colored sketches, or something. maybe hand-color a few. play around. have fun. all that good stuff. :D

I dun exactly know my time frames, or how many generations I want to do.

So yeah. :3 Your opinions, if you have any to offer? Would you be willing to donate a draggy or two? :D and possibly take one or two offspring off my hands if you feel so inclined? I'm doing this mostly to have hellafun and challenge myself a little, so it'd be really laid back and just a kind of sit-back-and-enjoy-the-show type thing. :3
Last edited by DNS on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

-flails-

I would be happy to supply dragons for the crosses and I would be quite interested in watching this. :33 As well as plucking up a few of the babies along the way.

I love genetics, by the by, so something like this is right up my alley.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

hee, genetics are fun~ though i dunno how much actual genetics would be involved-- i tend to take the easy way out and just go "ooh, one has a mane and the other has a funky tail~ the babies will have a mane and funky tail~" even though that prolly wouldn't be how it would work genetically.. but then again, this is nexus, so whee~ funtimes to be had for all and randomness~ :D

thankyou. :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh god no, I wouldn't be sick of seeing your art and your cool crosses. XD The Nexus has been mostly quiet for a long time and you're making me gleeful about dragons again. (The paging on the other hand... D8)

Were you around the Nexus when Myrror did her Chaos of Colour thread? She started with several randomly generated pairings and then bred them all together to get one super-mutt. That could be an interesting direction to take, too!

I'd be willing to donate dragons of any variety. :)

As for the 'these clutches are shardin' huge!' problem, you could intentionally search out dragons that have small clutch sizes (Avengaeans and Draks come to mind off the top of my head, with Firelings being close second if you can get your hands on 'em!) and breed them in to make a few wee/rare/shiny clutches!

Let me know how I can help! XD I would be happy to do everything short of colouring templates myself!

As for taking dragons... >_> If you're planning on giving away ones that don't need bonds or sponsors, I'm there, but I don't have the brain-power to pair dragons to humanoids or other giveaways right now. x.o
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Nessieart is good :D

I'd be happy to help with whoever you want to swipe for it, I like the idea of starting plain and working outwards. That's kind of the whole history of the Healing Den's dragonry anyway lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

you guys bring me lots of joy. :D lots and lots and lots. :3 thank you very much.

Methinks I am going to do it like i said up there-- fairly informally, probably a few clutches would be colored sketches, and some would be the fully inked-colored type. People would get babies if they wanted, any excess babies would be NPCS, so whoo. :D all that good stuff.

The small clutches idea is awesom, Dray, I shall have to try that. :3 or attempt to, anyway. I have a bad memory for things like that, but i can try. whoot!

also, thanks for the offers of dragons-- i may take you guys up on that. :D

I think I missed the chaos of color, it was before my time. I did, however, hear about it, and now that I know what it is, that's hellawesome. D: boo on me for missing it! :3

Methinks I'm going to maybe do two of the projects, because I can't decide-- the outbreeding a purebred generic, and the god one. now, if only a suitable godcharacter would present itself. I'm made of inability-to-decide flavored fail.

sorry for wierd responses. I have mono, and it's making my brainsauce all wonkified.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Would you be interested in Racun Balechild or Alumine Chxalli?

Racun's species info can be found here. The catch with her is that I think all of her offspring (and all of those offspring, etc. ad nauseum) will also be Balespawn. (Phe, correct me here?) So no matter how much outbreeding you do with her, all of the offspring that result from it would look just about the same as her? I think?

Meanwhile, Alumine's species information can be found here. (Since Alumine is a Balance-type Fireling, I'm guessing that her progeny would be aligned more towards balance than towards order or chaos. X3 Poke JKat though, she's got the answers!) I think that if she were to reproduce naturally, her clutch size would be very small (between 3-4 wee ones) but if she were to use the methods described in quotes below, she could probably make up to nine? (Since she -is- god-like, I'm thinking that smaller clutch-sizes will keep her kind more rare, which is always a plus. X3)
Firelings also have a second mode of reproduction, and that is the same way in which they were created. They have the innate ability to get together with either one of their siblings, or another god, demi-god, or powerful immortal, and create offspring. If done with one of its siblings, this is not considered incest, as there is no biological exchange of data going on, and birth defects will not occur unless specifically programmed in. This mode of reproduction requires a great deal of power and will take several days of concentration, as well as more than one 'parent' contributing.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Meanwhile, I have a whole pile of pure-bred dragons. If you want a list, I will edit this post to include them all by breed. Or, if you only want specific kinds, I'll edit with those kinds. :3 Just let me know!
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Dray wrote: Racun's species info can be found here. The catch with her is that I think all of her offspring (and all of those offspring, etc. ad nauseum) will also be Balespawn. (Phe, correct me here?) So no matter how much outbreeding you do with her, all of the offspring that result from it would look just about the same as her? I think?
Actually, I did a half-balespwan for an exchange image a couple years ago, and I believe what Phe said is that partial-balespawn will take physical characteristics from both parents, but will always have the same core abilities (corruption, balefire, etc) of the balespawn. Therefore even if a dragon's great great great great great great great grandfather was a balespawn and all of his other ancestors were Happy Fluffy Fairy Dragons, the dragon will still be a balespawn, powers undiluted, who just happens to mostly look like a happy fluffy fairy dragon. with green flames. Want.
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ahhh, that makes sense, in a creepy sort of way. o.o''' Cool!

Were there any restrictions upon breeding them with other kinds? I think that Balefire is opposed by Spirit-fire, or that was my assumption based on Myrror's critters!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

The offspring of Balespawn also tend to mutate in ways unrelated to the traits of either parents. As my site says:
Balespawn will breed with anything except each other, Dyrmyst Dalake, and Lanse'shri Spirits.

Balespawn genetics are incredibly dominant, not in the way that means their offspring look a lot like them, but in the fact that their genetic corruption actually mutates other creatures' DNA. The offspring of a Balespawn is not a half-spawn but true Balespawn, with a tendency to be mutated beyond just the mixing of their parents' traits--such as in the development of different horns, spikes, body types, and so on. These mutations are never crippling.
And what Astra said is correct. Balespawn genetics are dominant like woah and the abilities NEVER weaken or breed out. :D
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Eee~! I remember the balespawn. :3 They are awesomesauce, as are the firelings, which methinks I was absent for.

I dunno if I'll use them, but I'll definitely keep their links on hand just in case, and give you a poke if I choose to? :3 I'll also reread up on the balespawn and the firelings, just in case I do use them. :D

I still haven't decided whether i'm gonna do the pernese genproject, but I am going to do the god one. :3

Anyone can submit dragons to use any time. I'll probably end up needing both genders, and I'll poke this thread looking for suitors for each clutch, but if people want, they can submit whoever they want from the get-go, and i might end up picking from that pool in the beginning. Mutts or purebreds, anything you want. :D anything that might make babies that would look cool. :3 that's the goal for this first project, I think.

V---that's the god creature thing. offspring of Chernobyl, goddess of radiation, and Dis, god-king of hades.
:D hoorah for colored truck stop doodles~
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

So you're not going to do the pure-breed mixtures project? XD I thought that one was kind of cool!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

methinks i am going to do that as well. i am crazy. but i like teh idea of messing with the purebreds too much to ignore. i'm just trying to deecide what purebred to start with, on that one. :3 I'm leaning towards pernese, simply because i already have a small hoarde of them, but i dunno. :D
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Alright, I have decided. :D I am gonna do the god project, and the pureblood project, starting with a pernsy. :3 still gotta dig out that pernsy, but i shall soon. Riught now, I'm pressed for time, so i'll just put in a form for breeding submissions.

Your name/email:
Project: [godspirit or purebred]

Dragon name:
" Gender:
" Species:
" URL:
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I made a little website base for this project, with all the info, as well as a linked breeding pool which i may use for these breedings. :D so whoo.
There are forms on there and whatnot.

I chose two projects. :D outbreed a pernese, and outbreed one of my godspirit characters. I've already got a pairing for the first godspawn, and i'm choosing the specific pernese for the pernese project. :3
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Aaand I went ahead and did one of the thingies. :D

Gen1 baby of the Radioactive Godspawn project. :3 This is not the "true" example, but it's basically done. so whoo. :D
I am taking suitors for a female from this clutch, and if anyone wants any of this spawn, merely raise thy hand. :D
Much smaller then i'd like, and hte fir eis ick. but eh. I've got some cleanup to do, which I will do in the morning.

There will probably be certs on these, tell me if you don't want any certs on yours, though i generally prefer to have them on.

And with that, ima gonna sleep. :x it's 5:30 am and my neck really hurts. D: stupid swollen lymph nodes.

Also, if anyone is interested, the colored-sketch template of this guy's father is available. Two of that litter is left, to be exact, a male and a female. :3 so if anyone wants some pureblood mindspace godspawn, they can get that too. :3
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Oooo.... I love that template!

Do you think I could snag one of those babies?
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

sure. :D there's a form on the website, if you want anything specific.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

BLOOP. (Sorry I missed that before... ^^; )
Form:
Clutch claim
Your name: Aireona
Email: aireona93@yahoo.com
Project: Radioactive Godspawn (:D)
Generation/clutch#: Gen 1
Any requests for offspring? I would like a brown or grey base if that is possible- markings, etc can be whatever!
other notes or requests: None

I want him/her to bond, but I don't have a page up for the character that I want to use yet. Would you mind if I just leave a name for the time being?
If that is ok- the hopeful bond is a male dragon named Caddock.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

OMG want. o.o (Also want some of that pureblood godpsawn *boggle*) I'll hafta post the forms in a bit though. I'm wanted for chores and suchlike. But dude, these guys. I need them. @.@ At least one of 'em is totally going into my balespawn's hoard. X3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

Lol I love the description of the pernese one :D

Form for Submitting to Pool:
Your name/Email: Shard kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com
Dragon's
Name: Kiyath
Breed: Pernese, gold
URL: http://www.geocities.com/many_o_me/ixoh.html
For a specific project, or general? pernese

Dragon's
Name: Hangiventh
Breed: blackstone Pernese, Copper
URL: http://www.geocities.com/healing_den/re ... iventh.gif
This Blackstone-type is both fierce and forgiving. He enjoys the company of humans but prefers being alone to being rejected in a group.
For a specific project, or general? pernese
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>_> Dude, totally!

Clutch claim
Your name Dray
Email: dracothrope@gmail.com
Project: Godspawn
Generation/clutch#: 1?
Any requests for offspring? Prefer mom's side for colours. X3
other notes or requests Can you have MY babies? :D

What's this about submitting for the father's clutch? @.@

(Will toss some pool-dragons at you in a bit! Just need to troll through my guys to figure out who's worth it!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Breeding Submissions
Dragon name: Plustith
" Gender: Male
" Species: Alskyrian
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/dmae.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project?: Pernese (start off slow? XD I'm just sending pure-breds in to ya!)

Dragon name: Xamirith
" Gender: Female
" Species: Alskyrian
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/diewel.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Pernese

Dragon name: Heart
" Species: Athanasian
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/railyd.htm

Dragon name: Axys
" Species: Lantessaman
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/SCD/axysstats.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Anything goes.

Dragon name: Bkok
" Species: Chicken-Gryphon
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/SCD/bkokstats.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? ...XD HAD TO, sorry!

Dragon name: Cezaer
" Species: Undead Flame-wing Mutt
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/S ... rstats.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Godling?

Dragon name: Deyen
" Species: Icerunner
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/deyen.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Pernese?

Dragon name: Krasilimith Filidetiyorarel
" Species: 'Bipedrak' (hybrid hydra/drak/biped)
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/S ... limith.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Godling

Dragon name: Leiluna'Inana
" Species: Lesser Kynnese
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/S ... astats.htm

Dragon name: Oanaa'viayn
" Species: Hyppogryph
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/S ... nstats.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Either

Dragon name: Qurela Filideterra
" Species: Avengaean Niteshan
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/SCD/qurela.htm

Dragon name: Vehemoth
" Species: Azonese
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/S ... hstats.htm

Dragon name: Merlass
" Gender: Female Drone
" Species: Xenodragon (original!)
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/gainai.htm

Dragon name: Solk
" Species: K'marna dragon (commoner)
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/solk.htm

Dragon name: Kiye
" Species: Hathian
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/o ... trbond.htm

Dragon name: Kihess
" Gender: Male Warrior
" Species: Xenodragon (original)
" URL: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/o ... eybond.htm

Dragon name: Leto
" Species: Avengaean Bonder Daemon
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/leto.htm

Dragon name: Clarsen
" Species: Random Whorling
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/leto.htm

Dragon name: Erechma
" Gender: Female Rain (despite the 'flurry mutt' on her page -- that's a mistake!)
" Species: Drak (Raidor)
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/erechma.htm

Dragon name: Morning Mist
" Species: Equine Whorling
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bo ... ngmist.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Pernese? Either?

Dragon name: Ferdinand
" Species: Catdragon
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bo ... dinand.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Either?

Dragon name: Gluyuba
" Species: Turkey-dragon
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/gluyuba.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? (XDDD)

Dragon name: Kernath and Yasoyooy
" Gender: Female & Male
" Species: Mud & Earth draks
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/yasoyooy.htm
This breeding only, or any breedings for this project? Pernese?

Dragon name: Zerisi
" Species: Fomeri
" URL: http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/zerisi.htm

@.o That's a pretty exhaustive list! Feel free to ditch any that don't suit you!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Clutch claim
Your name Unyko
Email: unykness@pegaruny.com
Project: Um, godspawn?
Generation/clutch#: Actually, can I apply for one of those two remaining in the dad's clutch? ^.^;;
Any requests for offspring? Mmm.. female please? Unless she's already been claimed?
other notes or requests markings = WIN. :D
If you wish to submit a bonding/sponsoring character-
URL: http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/evil/
Name/Gender: Taint Balechild
Bond or Sponsor: Either ^.^

I'll send in another form in a bit for the other clutch. <3 Gotta head back to painting the ceiling. ^.^;;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Guest »

Clutch claim
Your name: Birdie
Email: sora_warwing@yahoo.com, but you can catch me on AIM
Project: Radioactive Godspawn
Generation/clutch#: Gen 1
Any requests for offspring? None, just surprise me
other notes or requests: None

:D
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

omg, i love you people. seriously. :x so many breedingpool! Winsauce! GLEE.
Thank you guys. :D and i'm glad you like them~ I did them on a whim early in the morning, so whee. :D kittens!

ahem.

Uny, the female is unclaimed, so you can has that one. :3 which leaves the male open for anyone. Do you want one of this gen1 clutch too?

I got woken up after like.. 2 hours of sleep, so i'm wonky, but i'll get back and more coherent responses when i nap.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Yay! :D Yeah, I'm gonna apply for one of those guys too, but I'm sending Shieksahh in for that clutch. X3 (And she's gonna be looking for a male. <.<; And angry with Taint that he brought home another female. *snicker*)

<33!!!
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

>.> I nobody else wants him, I'd be happy to take! I think Shard asked for one before me, though!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I just put up a pair for breeding, I'm so far behind on what I've got coming in, lol - I asked early on but that was before anything even got drawn :D You take him, I'll wait!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com