Aneris Reopening?

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Should Aneris Reopen

Poll ended at Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:15 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 15

Aneris Reopening?

Post by Guest »

Hey all,

My niece recently developed an interest in Pern and is wanting to help me reopen Aneris. I was wondering if any there was any interest in Old World Weyrs still or if perhaps Aneris needs an update first?

Secondly, Candidates anyone? I'm bored and I want to write up a few. Plus I want to get my niece used to how things work, so anyone need a few perspective riders?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yay! Yes please reopen, with whatever updates you feel need to be made!! I don't even know if my last bunch got updated, actually o.o
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Thanks Shard. You've always been one of our biggest supporters. I appreciate it.

Whether we reopen or not will depend on the response. I won't reopen Aneris half-heartedly.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I'm all for it! I've been wanted to write up some traditional Pernese candidates. I just need to, you know, start writing...
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I don't know if I'd be doing any participating myself any time soon, but I would -love- to see some more action in the Nexus.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the support guys.

Kitsuneko, I sent in my only drak for your impending flight. :)

I suppose I should post a link to Aneris for those who aren't familiar with it.

http://www.geocities.com/anerisweyr
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Oh, thank you! Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the owner is still active, so I'm not sure if I'll have to cancel it. I'll replace her with one of my draks if that's the case, though.

(By the way, if you don't mind the more exotic dragons, I have the Fauna Frenzy open over in the Frenzy thread. )
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.

Post by Guest »

It'd be good to see another Pern Weyr re-open. ^^

Aaaaaand Orpheus Weyr needs candidates!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:D yay pernstyle!
I love me some pernsies, though i can't promise any activity levels. :x I will cheer from the sidelines, at the very least? :D?

I have some very non-tranditional weyr type things, but any dragons that come out of those will be run more over the nexus/in giveaways then over a website. because i'm lazy. :x
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Heh, well, Falas Weyr has a clutch open. Still waiting on candidates. I think Falas was just a 'baby' back when Aneris was really active, though. :P

I might be able to throw a candidate or two together - once this week is over. Fair is here and...well, I'm having trouble getting the costumes for Sat. done without a sewing machine. I lost the bobbin case to mine, my mom's old Singer has an alignment problem (we're down to the last needle), my step-sister's is having issues, and the one I barrowed from her aunt didn't have the bobbin case in it. Go figure...so yeah, once the stress is gone, Pern stuff is defiently on my list *wacks Falas/FGPC* :P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com

Post by Guest »

I'm happy to see such a positive response to this. I've encouraged both of my nieces to write up candidates to get an idea, and I'm going to put a couple together myself.

As far as the next clutch at Aneris goes, well that's to be decided. I don't want Alanath to fly again just yet. I think we may do a junior queen. We'll see.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

I'm interested. Pern dragons are my favorite, but I don't have very many. Plus, I wouldn't mind writing a few candidates.
*has been sort of inactive*

Candidates...well, my Aurie has a cluch open and only two candidates for it. It's not on Pern, but it's the next best thing I suppose. There are all the Pern colors there.

Post by Guest »

Well, it looks like Aneris will reopen. I don't know exactly when yet, but soon

I have a candidate in the works, and I think one of my nieces has finished or almost finished hers.

Post by Guest »

My candidate is almost finished. :D I can't wait to try her out.
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

I missed this post some how. I know I always wanted to put in a candidate but by that time I was in college and having a hard time keeping up with my current dragons much less homework. However I'd be interested still. Might take me a bit to come up with a candidate but I've pulled two our of practically nowhere for Falas' current clutch and finished one for the "current" Flurry I could probably think of somebody. Is there a set time frame for when Aneris is in? It will help me to know if I need to bring Ar'wen into the act again or if I can use your searchriders or even use my own neglected ones at Seiryuu... or even the ones at Cincanta since I'm trying to build them up and open it up again for a hatching.
Fly high and clear skies,
-Weyrwoman Quachir, Sr. Queen Mekoth's rider

SeiryuuWeyr Dragons, Fire Lizards, and Chibi Flits
Turasake Hold Felines and Runnerbeasts

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr

Post by Guest »

Aneris has no set time frame though it's pre-AVIAS I guess. Thread is still falling.

You're more than welcome to use my searchriders Analyssa and Blue Solath and R'del and Green Aalyith. :) They're fun characters to write.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Awesome. For some reason I've been itching to try some traditional/Pern-style candidates for awhile, so I may send one or two your way :)
ImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

Sorry for disappearing guys. My dad had a major accident and ended up in the hospital. Then there's been a situation with my nieces and yesterday my sister in law had a heart attack. I still plan to get Aneris back up and running even if I have to do it alone.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Holy crap. :( Take care of things in real life, if you need to vent just post away. *hugs*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com