Plant Hydras-- Hydras open

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Would you be interested in...?

A plant hydra of your own?
15%
a plant hydrahybrid?
15%
both!
62%
neither
8%

Total votes: 13

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Plant Hydras-- Hydras open

Post by DNS »

Here's the Form to use. Copy pase everything up to URL. The other things are clarification bits. :3 Feel free to ask with any questions.

Code: Select all

[u]General (Same for all candidates)[/u]
[b]Your name & Email/Reliable Contact Method:[/b]
[b]Canonosity (if relevant) preferences[/b]:
[b]Personal Preferences[/b]:
[b]Opposite Gender Bonding preferences:[/b]
[b]Multiple Impressions preference:[/b]
[b]Sponsorship Preferences:[/b]
[b]Storybit?[/b]*
[b]Bond/Sponsor/Dragonry sponsor:[/b] **
[u]Each Candidate[/u]
Name/Gender/Species/relevent personal info at your discretion, including short personality blurb. If it's on the url-page, it doesn't need to be on here, nessicarily.
[b]URL[/b]:
[b]Specific bonding preferences/restrictions[/b]
[b]Other[/b]:

* Occasionally, storybits can be provided with clutch-style giveaways. They will be offered as such, in the description. If you would like a storybit, please note that here. :D 
** Dragonry sponsors will bring home two unless you ask otherwise. :3 sponsors will get one to raise, and bonds will likely get one.
^a very orange example. :D

What's ARE these things? Plant hydras. :D From somewhere in the depths of mindspace. We aren't sure exactly where, but here they are, ready to infiltrate the nexus. They're relatively rare and unseen creatures, even in their native lands, but here they are.
Some basics about the creatures:
Intelligence Level: Sentient and Sapient, though many find this surprising. They usually choose not to communicate with words, and many don't bother to learn a language. If it's pertinent and to their benefit, they will. But they'll probably still use it rarely.
Breedability: It's a mindspace creature, so.. just about anything. :D
Alignment/usual temperament: Anything from mindspace is inherently neutral, and any species from mindspace has the potential to display any personality characteristics. That said, they tend towards being a bit more on the malicious side, and have a reputation for being remarkably ill-tempered.
Natural Group Structure: Loners or very small family group.
Bondability: They can bond, and be bonded to. Slightly more likely to be bonded to, rather then bond right out, but it's possible, and not particularly unusual.
Reproduction: No specific ritual, lay seed-like eggs, which don't need to incubate. Eggs hatch by being buried in fertile soil, absorbing some of the soil's nutrients, and hatching whenever the baby is large enough to survive outside the egg. They are good for one year, and frost or extreme heat and dryness will kill them. Warmth helps, but is not necessary.

And now for.. abilities!
Abilities wrote: Photosynthesis: Because they are part plant, they can do photosynthesis, using the sun to make glucose, which they then utilize as food. They can exist very successfully doing this alone, however, it's best for them to balance this with some meat food as well. Also, due to this, parts of them can be eaten- most notably their thorns, the outer layer of their skin, and their petal/leaf crests, all of which they shed annually.
Sunlight Empowerment: Any magic they do becomes stronger if done in full sunlight.
Telepathy: They can communicate through telepathy, as well as verbal speech.
Sun-based Magic: Using sunlight energy to accomplish things: potentially, anything the hydra can accumulate enough willpower to do, but more usually things like concentrating and directing beams of sunlight and such.
Plant manipulation: Manipulating plant movement, as well as factors such as growth and what sort of chemicals the plants synthesize-- potentially, they could de-poison-ify a plant, or make it more poisonous.
Venom: They are naturally venomous; their saliva is venomous, so their teeth are coated in it. The thorns on their backs naturally secrete this venom, and their claws are hallow and contain the venom. The venom causes temporary paralysis, followed by death if it's given in a high enough dose. It is incredibly painful, but rendered useless if separated from the hydra's body for three minutes prior to ingestion.
Accepting as candidates to take these homes: Bonding candidates, sponsors, and dragonry sponsors (preferably with an envoy they can go home with.) Don't necessarily have to be on a page-- they can be skeleton templates on here, so long as i get pertinent information about the character (which would include a bit of personality, if they're not paged.)

Interrelatedness: None of the plant hydras I'm giving out are related, in the sense that they come from the same clutch, unless you want them to be. :D they also do not come from any specific event in mindspace, like a hatching or bonding event or some such. You're free with the history for these guys.

hydraspawn:
The hydraspawn are from clutches, so they're all related to one another.

Each clutch will have thirteen slots. :D people sign up for the slots. you do this either with a character to bond/sponsor on a webpage, or something like a dragon trade. :3 each person may get up to two [for the first round, anyway, and we'll see how that works].

Hydra x ShroomXeno
Parents:
Ibyssa x Trouoss

Preview These are the two customs, sponsored by the parents~
ImageImage
Slots
1. Shard - Hatch'd
2. Shard - Hatch'd
7. Unyko- Hatch'd
Parental Custom1. Ness
Parental Custom2. Birdie

Abilities
Hive mind, Hallucinogenic, telepathy, venom, and up to three of the other plantdragon abilities of your choice.

Hydra x ShroomXeno
Parents:
Taursius x unknown/wild planthydra

Preview
Slots
Parent pick. Ness/done
Parental pick: Dray

Abilities Telepathy, Weak Necromancy, Plane hopping, and up to 3 planthydra abilities of your choice.

<hr>
so I'm sitting here, watching my friends play windwaker and doodling, and this comes to me:

(photo courtesy of my ickle laptop. :D hello ness finger! sorry for the bad quality, but you can generally see it.)

I stare at it for a bit, and then decide that, holy damn, i wanna color it and make it a creature! :D whootah!

If i did that, i was thinking of breeding it/her, and also maybe giving a few purebreds out to people on here. :D one planthydra per person, and two or something of the hybrid young. :3

So here's my first round of questions for you all:
A- would you be interested in being the owner of a planthydra?
B- would you be interested in the offspring of a planthydra?
C- if yes to b, would you happen to have any males (or interested females-- mindspace is strange like that) that you could offer to breed with her?
D- if yes to c, could i maybe has some of those links? :D? (and a cheezburgur?)

if you guys are interested, i'll toss you up some info and wahtnot and get to drawing a more serious image. otherwise, i'll just keep working on the not-so-super-secret thing i have planned-- jousting dragons. woot!
Last edited by DNS on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:49 am, edited 23 times in total.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

DIBS ON CALLING ONE "AUDREY TWO".

X3

Post by Guest »

I WOULD LOVE ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Lemme see if I got any boys crazy enough..

Any requirements?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

interesting is my only requirement. :D I like making wierd things! wootah!

nothing too crazy. trying to avoid more than three heads for my ownsanity. that said, star just showed me the most amazing bipedra who might be fthering a clutch. :x there may be more than one. :D

these guys also aren't necessarily evil. Ill tempered and potentially malicious, yes, sometimes. :D but yeah, evil is not nessicary. cookies for my bad spell

thanks

Post by Guest »

Trouoss is rather interesting if I may say so. Shroomxeno hmmm~ Two semi-organic things? ;D
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

asjdhajksdaSDASDASDJAhdjahsjkdhajk

you see that, birdie? DO YOU SEE THAT?! that is my excitement. in keyboard slap form.

There is so going to be a plant hydra x shroomxeno clutch now. bwahahaha.

:D thankyou.
PS- i just sketched your birfday present. you should poke me online and i'll show you.

Post by Guest »

<3333

Glad I could help. I KNEW he would be useful some day. Too awesome not to~
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh lordy, I want in on that :D I may have some kinda plantish thing already somewhere.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

bwahahaha, excellent. i would love more contributions.

here is a shroom sketch:
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

FREAKING AWESOME.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

http://www.geocities.com/the_endings/disruptor3.html

Kegawath glows, and Cac-Yau has extra heads. I'm sure that they'd love to participate in whatever way you'd want.

Otherwise there's Virus and his girlfriend Ihrinnah the plant-chick, who have a whorling named Utushi who glows AND has two heads...
http://www.geocities.com/invader_woz/virus7.htm
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'd be up for some of that! (XD Darn you, Phe, stealin' the LSoH theme~!)

As for hydras... I don't have much that are available at the moment. o.o I'd be willing to offer Ahiezer'zjan for his tail-ness but Ezekiela'khan wouldn't be available.

:o I dunno what else I have! Oh!

Taursius is one of your Phlegathon Cold Styx Beasts... fire/flower critters might be cool? XD I dunno! (I'm so rusty with dragoning~)
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

For whatever it is, I feel like the dragon I did for one of you Nexians back in the day applies:

As I recall, Mcagon, the Mushroom Dragon.

Also? Awesome looking hydras. I voted earlier XD but couldn't speak until now.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

YES. TO ALL :D

Hydra-planty-goodness:

It occurs to me that jungle animal hydra + jungle plants would be kinda neat, so maybe Cazador del Rio? http://geocities.com/darklingdawnpersonas/cazador.html

Venus Fly Trap dragon :D http://www.geocities.com/darklingdawnwe ... light.html

Speaking of which... http://www.geocities.com/silver_storyteller/ineray.html
http://www.geocities.com/darklingdawnpe ... thanr.html
http://geocities.com/gloamingtide2/laminey.html
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Poor Saelm, I remember he kept trying to fly at Star City but nobody would have him! :( *pets him with a ten foot poking stick*
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*cast vote in the OMGYESPLEASE column* :D Seriously can't wait to see what comes of these. Partly because I do still have my own plant!dragons to finish. X3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by DNS »

Glee! more weird creatures. :D

Rach, that shroom dragon brings me insane ammounts of joy. :D even if i've seen him before. -huggles him- bweeee

Dray, your linkies aren't working for me! D: I'll try again later. :3 but i do like the idea of fiery plants. :D

doing inking now! or soon.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yeah, my host is down again. 9.9' Sorry about that!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

that's okay, dray. :D Even if i couldn't see him, the phlegy still fathered one of the hybrid clutches.. and here be the preview!

couldn't see the other hydra though. D: sadness.

I'm also being tempted by kitsu and shard's whorling offers. :o so much tempting. D:
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Colored plant hydra. :D

Nessi is really tired, becuase it's five in the morning, so i'm gonna go sleep now. but they're done! :D they'll have a different base, but yes.

If you want to start sending in bonds/sponsors, go right ahead. form is on my little nessi website thing which is linked in my siggy. you can just have a dragonry sponsor, too, or someone not-on-a-page. :3 these guys are intelligent but usually don't talk, they tend to keep to themselves, and they can bond, though they do so rarely. They tend to be the bonders, rather then the bondees-- in the sense that they'd be more likely to bond by going to another dragon's clutch and bonding that yong, rather than bonding right out themselves.

more tomarrow. when more awake. feel free to make requesies, too. gonna play around more tomarrow. whee.

two or possibly three per dragonry, please. D: sorry. got lots to do. but there will be hybrids, so whee!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

They're awesome, in a really creepy kind of way!

O_o I'm just wondering... is the background logo and info permanent for all critters? If I'm sending somebody in to you, I'd be linking to your Weyr anyways, and I find the pink/purple/etc colours to be a little clashy (though that's just my personal opinion!) XD I'm also kind of worried (as a friggin' oldbie complainer) that having that kind of background paraphernalia is going to de-separate the Nexus from other adoptables places. ^^' Durr, I hope that didn't sound mean. I really like these hydras themselves! Their creepy smiles are just perfect.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Some sort of background would be, or is intended to be. I kinda just got in the habit of it when I was doing adoptable shops on some websites. :D Quick reference for me, they've got all the info right there. :3 i try to change the colors around so they don't clash so much with the creatures, I just get lazy with examples.
Occasionally they're built in to the image (when ness is too lazy to make it transparent at the get go, which is usually when I do things for myself. :x silly me.)

I'd rather keep them there, but if you all prefer (and I'm assuming you all do), I'll give draggies to you without them. :3
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

General
Your name & Email/Reliable Contact Method: Phoenix, thexenoqueen@gmail.com
Canonosity (if relevant) preferences: n/a
Personal Preferences: n/a
Opposite Gender Bonding preferences: n/a
Multiple Impressions preference: n/a
Sponsorship Preferences: n/a
Storybit? Not necessary
Cert Preference? Since you prefer leaving them on, I'm cool with that. ^^ Just use colors that match my page theme, please? (red/orange/black)

URL: http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/S ... Natira.htm
Specific bonding preferences/restrictions: n/a
Other: n/a

Am I easy to please, or what? XD I just want hydrapretty to hang out with my local apothecary. ^^
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:D nifty keen, i can do that. :3

Also, I forgot to add a section to the form-- basically, tell me if you want a dragonry-sponsorship, a sponsorship, or a bond. :x i get too drawn into processes.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'll be giving you at least two people, but I need to write em up first.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Ooooh, shiiiiny! <3 Lemme fiddle with my sponsor for a minit, but then I'll have someone for you :D!

(Also, seeing these guys motivates me to work on my plant!dragons, too. XD)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Guest »

General
Your name & Email/Reliable Contact Method: Birdie / EccentricBirdie @ AIM
Canonosity preferences: n/a
Personal Preferences: Bright colors are <3 also, could I get two?
Opposite Gender Bonding preferences: n/a
Multiple Impressions preference: n/a
Sponsorship Preferences: n/a?
Storybit? Don't need, thanks. :3
Cert Preference? n/a

URL: http://www.freewebs.com/eccentricbirdie ... gonry.html
Specific bonding preferences/restrictions n/a
Other: These are just going to be sponsored by the Traakan Dragonry. :D
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

DNS wrote::D nifty keen, i can do that. :3

Also, I forgot to add a section to the form-- basically, tell me if you want a dragonry-sponsorship, a sponsorship, or a bond. :x i get too drawn into processes.

Hmm, make it a sponsorship ^^
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-kicks computer- Certs are being a stupidpants, so no certs for this bunch after all. :D So i guess that works to peoples' advantage. :x
silly plant hydras, being such a strange shape.

That said-- glee! :D thanks, guys. :3 I'll get on your beasties right away.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

General
Your name & Email/Reliable Contact Method: Unyko, unykness@pegaruny.com
Canonosity (if relevant) preferences: Er, in-canon? Cyron is collecting plant!dragons. <3
Personal Preferences: I'm gonna go with eye-hurtingly bright colors this time. XD
Opposite Gender Bonding preferences: Any of the above. ^.^
Multiple Impressions preference: I'm in favor of the idea? XD
Sponsorship Preferences: N/A?
Storybit? N/A
Cert Preference? *shrug* Either way.

Each Candidate
URL: http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Vinus/cyron.htm
Specific bonding preferences/restrictions None
Other: Technically sponsored by Cyron, but they'll be living with the Vinus dragons (my planty guys <3), so possibly also a dragonry sponsorship? *unsure*
Image... Image ... Image