"You Walk Into A Weyr" (Inspired by Dray!)

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Rachael
Dragon

"You Walk Into A Weyr" (Inspired by Dray!)

Post by Rachael »

Inspired by Dray's PBBG for the Didra GOns, welcome to the splintering evolution of the Pernese dragon with "You Walk Into A Weyr!" Now presented both in the livejournal group: <a href="http://community.livejournal.com/ywiaw/">"You Walk Into A Weyr"</a>, and here in the Nexus.

Have an egg? Questions will be put up online twice each week for you to answer! Monday will see the LiveJournal group's new post; Wednesday will show up here in the Nexus.

Want an egg? Same deal! New eggs will be presented on the LiveJournal group each Monday, and in the Nexus, each Wednesday.

The more questions you answer, the more quickly your dragon will grow!

Remember to read the <a href="http://community.livejournal.com/ywiaw/315.html">Rules and FAQ</a> as well as <a href="http://community.livejournal.com/ywiaw/624.html">how to make your dragon grow!</a>
Last edited by Rachael on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh goodness lol.

I really should finish my you walk into a weyr hatching, huh. o.o

I might join in that fun, though.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Are all the stage 0 questions answerable, or just the ones you've got listed on the main first post? They're fun!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

In theory, you can answer them all for yourself; they just don't give you points unless they're asked in one of the Monday Question/Egg posts.

I'm glad they're fun! It's been fun thinking them up. =D

Also, the You Walk Into A Weyr hatching should definitely finish its wonder.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I was gonna do it, but I can't post anonymously. D: and i forgot my ancient LJ login info. Sadness.
ah well. :3
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

This looks like a lot of fun, do we post the answers in a reply to the LJ post, or what?

edit: aha, nevermind, looks like they're all taken. I suck at this game :P

*fades back into quasi-hiatus mode*
ImageImageImage
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

D'oh! I thought anonymous posting was allowed. Change the community settings, I shall!

Edit: Anonymous posters should now be able to post comments at will!

Also, since part of the fun is having people be involved, Astra, Dracleia, and DNS, if you would like an Egg I had been thinking of at least doing an initial Egg release here in the forums, and you'd been the three who would receive those Eggs if you wanted.

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Rachael on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Ooh! Yes, I wants one!

Your Name: Dracleia
Email (for contact purposes): daithinyx@gmail.com
Question 1: A blue dragon is standing in the courtyard, his rider nowhere in sight. You hear a voice in your head say, "That one," and you:

Figure your imagination has gotten the better of you yet again.

Question 2: Of the classes you sit through as a Candidate, you are least interested in:

Mathematics (I tend to stare blankly at the wall during this class)
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Dracleia!

Is the sun setting? Sometimes, watching this egg, it seems to be. Particularly when you're tired enough to think the colors are moving!
Last edited by Rachael on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Ooh! Yay! Thanks!

Name: Astra Draconis
Email: martianlunatic@gmail.com
(1) I would wonder if my imagination got the better of me once again.
(2) History. I like learning about historical things, but the way it is taught in schools is a good way to put me in a temporary coma.
ImageImageImage
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Astra! (And I agree, History is so poorly taught, and is so interesting!)

Maybe it's nerves from the Queen observing you as she testily almost roosts over her eggs, but this egg that looks like it's reflecting the sands and bit of sky outside feels like an excellent shield between yourself and the testy maw of a brooding dragon.

Post by Guest »

EDIT: Disregard post, I completely missed that this was for three specific people only.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Your Name: Houka Ryuu
Email (for contact purposes): houka . ryuu @ gmail . com <- Please take out the spaces
Question 1: A blue dragon is standing in the courtyard, his rider nowhere in sight. You hear a voice in your head say, "That one," and you:
Immediately turn around to figure out who was talking.
Wonder why you thought, "That one."
Wonder where the dragonrider has gone.
Crouch suspiciously against the wall, figuring someone has figured out you ate the last tart on the table this morning.
Question 2: Of the classes you sit through as a Candidate, you are least interested in:
History.
Mathematics.
Biology.
General Education.
Writing.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

ah man, bitten by the lateness of work yet again. D:
I would've been the third poster on LJ, but no anonymous posting. :3 oh well, I'll just wait for the next batch, i guess. :x will there be availablility on nexus forums, for the next batch?
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Actually, DNS, you can still get an egg this week. Houka Ryou, if you want an egg, there will be at least three more next week. lf people like, I can do giveaways on the Nexus for a short time. I just wouldn't want to indefinitely. <3

Post by Guest »

I sure would want one if at all possible. However, if the updates will be happening at a time that I'm at work then I wouldn't be able to post at the LJ account of You Walk Into A Weyr. *shrugs* Oh well, hopefull I'll be able to snag an egg when the time comes for it. ^_^ I love those eggs by the way, they really look realistic and I love their colors. :D
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Houka Ryuu wrote:However, if the updates will be happening at a time that I'm at work then I wouldn't be able to post at the LJ account of You Walk Into A Weyr.
Most the time I'm working here, on the West Coast, until 5 or 6 at night, so wouldn't be able to post to YWIAW until then. So I would hope that does help even things out a bit, since what will be my normal will probably be later for a good portion of folks living East of me; and likewise earlier for anyone to the west.

Would that help to know, with your work schedule?

Post by Guest »

Yes, that helps. ^_^ If I'm correct then your place is three hours behind my timezone, EST. I should be home by then. :D
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Your Name: Ness
Email (for contact purposes): dada.siegt @gmail
Crouch suspiciously against the wall, figuring someone has figured out you ate the last tart on the table this morning. Damn, they got me again. D:
History.
Mathematics.
Biology.
General Education.
Writing.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Your Name: Ness
Email (for contact purposes): dada.siegt @gmail
Crouch suspiciously against the wall, figuring someone has figured out you ate the last tart on the table this morning. Damn, they got me again. D:
History.
Mathematics.
Biology.
General Education.
Writing.

Bwee~ :D thanks.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Yep, so it'll be around 9, maybe 10 at night for you then! Pacific Coast for the Pacific. =)

And for DNS...

You've been staring at this egg for a while. You could almost swear it's spots were moving, spelling out words... or maybe images...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yay! I'll be stalking you. X3 This looks like a lot of fun.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey Rachael, is this going to continue on the Nexus, or just on the LJ community?

Post by Guest »

Well, I joined the community on LJ. (Totally forgot I even HAD an account.)

And, I still have no idea what to do, really. >_>

If anyone could poke me in the right direction I would love you forever.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Following mine and K.Mythos' leads in the comments to this post should help! Just fill out the form and answer the first two questions... it looks like there's one more egg this week!

Post by Guest »

Whee I applied and I think I got the last egg for the week. ^_^ *dances happily*
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

I wasn't planning to continue on the Nexus. Also, sorry for the late replies, folks! I just sat down after moving the entire rest of my apartment (which was also, sadly, the majority of it) into my new apartment. So I get to work and do the unpacking tango with the other apartment-mates, which is going to be exciting!

I'm off to respond to everything on LJ, then offer coherent, comment edited thought here for you folks. =)

EDIT: If you folks would like, I could run YWIAW here at the Nexus as well. If you like the idea, please let me know here, as well as tell me if you'd like chances at eggs here in addition to the LJ community, or would simply like more questions/chances to evolve your dragon(s). =)
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I have to admit, I'd like it on the nexus. :x I'm really bad with checking LJ and such. I'll do it, though, if i must.
luff for my egg, btw. :D yay!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>.> Would having more questions here make it difficult for you to keep up with the rate of growth/evolution? ^_^ I would -love- more chances for growth but I don't want to make you feel rushed!
Rachael
Dragon

1st Wednesday Post

Post by Rachael »

DNS: That's true. I know that I get particularly bad about checking various online gather-spots time to time. I want to be able to keep people as involved as possible, so being active here in the Nexus as well is probably a good idea.

Dray: You know, I don't think I would have a problem with having more questions put out there. I want to see these guys grow, and presenting more opportunities to folks would help make that happen. Making the two stagger a bit would probably also be good; Monday on LJ, then perhaps Wednesday on here. (I like mid-week brighteners, and also, today is Wednesday, so!)
In which case:

If you do not yet have an egg, but would like one, there are three currently up for grabs here at the Nexus.

ImageImageImage

The current LJ questions from Monday are up <a href="http://community.livejournal.com/ywiaw/ ... ">here!</a>

The Nexus questions for the week are:

Stage 0:

When you encountered a dragon for the first time, you were:
Half asleep in your caretaker's arms when they paid a visit to the Dragon Harper of the Weyr.
Squinting up at the sky, trying to guess what color dragon was flying over your home.
Searched.
Surprised at the hold where the holder was meeting with several riders of their covering Weyr.
Cheering along with the crowd at your first Gather with Dragon Games.

You're brought to look at the eggs while the Queen has stepped out for a moment. Looking around at them, you are most likely to have thought:
How if these were the eggs of any lesser creature, they would make a wonderful omlet.
Which egg is going to hatch first, and if it will be bronze or not.
If there will be enough selection with your fellow candidates to prevent any newborn from going immediately Between.
How impossible it seemed that such massive creatures had such humble beginnings.
That the crack in the wall over by the stands might potentially be a way to sneak back in to find more time with the eggs later.
Last edited by Rachael on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.