Anyone interested in joining a roleplay Weyr?

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Anyone interested in joining a roleplay Weyr?

Post by Guest »

[If this should be in the roleplay area, just tell me. ^^;]

Rose Petal Weyr

First, a little background information. I created this Weyr when I was in.. oh, 7th grade or so, back on avidgamers.

Right now its on somewhat of a hiatus, as I still need to get the time-skip figured out from when it went on hiatus, to help with the plot. I need both candidates (there is a clutch up for 17 eggs, soon. If more people join I may up the size of it, just because its only that small so we can fill all the spots for sure.) and transfer riders. Be sure to check out the information pages, because this is a non-canon Weyr and there are some extra colors.

I need to message all the old characters to make them change their ages.

Basically what we REALLY need are Candidates for the new clutch and transfer riders for more general population. And anyone else.

Keep in mind that if you join, you need to post your character profile BEFORE you decide to roleplay. Also keep in mind that threadfall is pretty erratic at the moment so being outside without a place to go safely is NOT SMART.

Anyway. I hope at least a few people are interested. ^_^;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Questions:

Is this remotely "pern" or is it another world? In other words, aside from the non-canon colors/markings, is a map of the world essentially the same, or is it completely different?

How many characters per player?

Are you accepting already-paired dragon/riders?

Are you accepting already-existing characters which might have been elsewhere? (I am thinking of a couple I used to play that have long been collecting dust)

Can riders also maintain crafting/other job roles or must they be all-rider all the time?

What are the relative rarities of each of the ranks/colors? Are there cross-gender dragon-bonds?

I'll probably think of more.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

-deep breath-

It IS Pern, but set in an alternate timeline. Essentially the same map, but to be honest I don't know where I placed the weyr.

As many characters as you think you can handle.

Yes, yes yes yes yes yes. We need already paired dragons and riders. Pretty much any color accepted except queens, and not too many kings.

Sure, as long as they work within this roleplay. You don't need to think of anyone new if you already have pernese characters sitting around.

They can also have other jobs if you wish, though when there is threadfall (like now) a large majority of their time is taken up by fighting it.

A list of the colors and relative rarities of them. The higher up, the rarer. Though, the male and female counterparts are generally the same rank. And yes, cross-gender bonds are fairly common.

-deep breath- xD

Please, ask away.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Is it possible to have a female riding a King ranked dragon?

Cheyanne, Baeris' sister, has always had her eye on a Gold or, what I'd wanted her to have at another non-canon weyr, a Red dragon. I realize that ranking dragons aren't what you'd want, because of the rarity - but just asking. If she wasn't sent in as a rider, I'd put her in as a candidate for whatever she deserves.

Also, pre-existing, but small-gold Inth and her rider Nabiki used to be the (very) impromptu weyrwoman and queen of Lazuli weyr (waaaaaay back when). I'd actually put her on a gold because it fit her but a *very* small, almost 'stunt' gold - but in this case if I sent her as a pre-made pair, I'd put HER on a Moon instead, and list her potentially as abnormally small.

.... I really, really really want to put in a healer. >_> I can't help it. I really love "I'm not a doctor, but I play one online" jokes. :) I notice there's nothing in the Infirmary. No clue who I'd want to send for that spot.

Would you rather have the above be two existing riders, or rider and a candidate, or two candidates?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I think Cheyanne as a candidate and Nabiki as a rider would be good. :D

Also, we have a healer, he just doesn't have a post up at the moment. Though, I'm sure he wouldn't object to having someone helping, they just wouldn't be the head of it all.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Is there a way we could get a listing of potential required jobs then? Stewards, cooks, medics, scribes, whatever? I don't want to make someone and then be treading on someone else's toes. :) ... I have a LOT of experience at healers lol.

A LOT. *slaps hand* do something different! *pouts*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

eccentricbirdie wrote:I think Cheyanne as a candidate and Nabiki as a rider would be good. :D

okay - I'll work on that. :) Policies on placing art on the board?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I'll get a list on the first post and on the website of the jobs and positions open and needed. :]

As for art- its loved. Don't claim that you drew it unless you did, of course.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

>_> ... looks at my hard drive.... <_< yah. :) I drew em.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Good. XD

I'm excited SOMEONE is showing and interest. I have tried to bring it back a few times and failed. I figured the Nexus might be a good place to try and recruit, you know?
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I might be interested too... I've been kinda debating since you posted this if I really want to get involved in another RP Weyr, but I have had fun with them in the past... I'd probably just play a candidate or two to start off though, don't really want to pull a rider out of thin air at the moment... XD

When are you officially starting everything up?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

Officially? As soon as I move old threads and character profiles to the archives and change a few things around.. I'm accepting new people now, though, if you want to join in already. :3

I have Kaniths clutch posted, but the post is locked for the time being because its still hardening. So, basically, we NEED candidates more than anything.

I also need to write up a list of other types of jobs that are needed..

-gets busy-

I might be leaving later today to take care of my sicky boyfriend, but if I don't I will be working on it all day.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'll have two family groups who can serve as semi-npc's (as in: use them for conversations to move your own characters along, but don't involve them directly in anything unless I'm playing them) with their candidate children. They were used in Greenwing/Buenos Weyr, the precursor to the Healing Den, never got much use though. So I'll have a rider, an adult candidate, two young candidates, and npc family types who are more crafter-use and won't be riding anything.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

So, if I create a candidate character or two...do I assume they've already been Searched or do they need to be Searched?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

Sounds good, Shard. :3

And Xalia, yes you can just assume they have already been searched. If you want you can post them being just dropped off from being searched in the Weyrbowl- any color of dragon would likely be searching except queens and kings (or whites, as there are none).
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

What age ranges do you accept as candidates? I've got a brother and sister forming in my mind but I want to make sure I don't make them too old... XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

Well, I would say 25 is the limit, and anyone over 20 is rare. But really, they are kinda desperate for candidates at the moment, so anyone up to 25 would be accepted happily.

Edit: Also, I think the lowest age would be like.. 13. Any younger just seems ridiculous to me, especially right now with threadfall.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Okay, I'll go work on my character Bios then. :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

Yay! :3
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Okay, posted my two candidates...now.....what do I do with them?

Do they need to check into the Barracks? Should I just set them down somewhere in the Weyrbowl and wait for them to be noticed?

Aaaand....I suppose I /could/ post this comment over at the Weyr...that might make more sense... XD *will do so next time she has a question*
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

XD

Go ahead and post them being dropped off in the Weyrbowl. I'll play as someone to help them get around, and direct them to the barracks. The site NEEDS more roleplay, so might as well make it!
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I would play, but ... I'm bad at role playing. Notoriously bad. I end up freezing up and not posting anything ever :oops: I suppose I could give it a shot, but I'm just warning you ahead of time :P
ImageImageImage
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Yeah, I'll give it a shot. I don't have much going on other than school (for what it's worth) anyway, and most of the rps I was in before are dead.
Plus, I haven't done a Pern roleplay in forever.

Post by Guest »

Any try is appreciated. xD Don't worry about being bad, we wont yell i promise <3 You can only get better by practicing, after all.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

If you'll forgive a college student for appearing/disappearing based on the whims of professors, I'll give it a shot.

That, and if you really need to get ahold of me, there's always the Nexus or AIM. I generally like to RP, but haven't been able to for a really, really long time.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Never roleplayed on a weyr, but I could give it a chance. I'll prolly show-up as somebody soon.

Post by Guest »

I understand disappearing randomly. I often do it myself. xD

Anyone is welcome, even if you haven't played at a Weyr. I hardly had when I started my own, so I'm even still learning how to run it all. ;3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Iiiiii am already enjoying myselllllf :D

Thank you for advertising :D It's been plenty too long since I've actually done rpg of ANY kind, and I'm glad I brought my already-familiar-to-me characters instead of trying to make up whole new ones. At least these guys I can still kind of remember how they are gonna react.

Any hints on how the hatching might pan out, will it be done when there are enough actually-played characters, or will NPCs fill out ranks? And gosh I wish I could recall the name I needed to have for Cheyanne's dragon. It starts with Ts, but I can't remember the rest oh - I can find it. I have her info somewheres..... somewheres..... aha, Tzarrenth was its name.

Now if only it could be a black/red one lol. she's just that much of a bitch...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

XD Yeah. I tend to plan what hatches for who way ahead of time, and I'm having troubles with Cheyanne.

I'm really glad there is a lot of interest now.

Now, if I can only get a simple pernese template to make all the dragons- its more fun that way. ;3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

If you want I can show off some of my older templates from the Healing Den and such. I altered one from there for Inth's picture. I have been thinking about putting out the feelers for if people want me to draw their characters too, I did that for all the Yahoo groups I was in way back when too. (Thane, Kylee, etc are all from that era, though the art'd be better now...)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com