BSG fangirly

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

BSG fangirly

Post by JKatkina »

so.... anyone else here a Battlestar Galactica fan? Like the new series, not the old. XD

I just wanted to get this off my chest: BILL ADAMA AND LAURA ROSLIN ARE THE CUTEST TV COUPLE EVER. :D :D :D For serious!
Image Image Image Image
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

*snickers* lol. Not a fan of the new version myself. but then also, no cable = no show anyway.

Hell I haven't even watched my firefly dvd and have never watched the whole series either... o.o
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

How much of the new version have you seen? :D I'd endorse it to anyone. One of the main (maybe the main?) writer/producers is a guy who wrote for TNG and Voyager. Mm-mmm. Ronald D. Moore, you are my hero.
Image Image Image Image
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

A total of none. Honestly, the thought of having changed the characters so dramatically from the original makes me wonder why they didn't just make an entirely unrelated product. It's *not* related product in any way, so... I dunno. I think I would have enjoyed the thought of it more if they hadn't used the names and ruined my childhood with the new characters. And ... cyloncybersex = muh. I can live without that bit.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh... XD this may just be the fangirl in me, but it's worth it just for the awesomeness that is the new Starbuck!

Seriously, it's a phenominal show, though you're right it has nothing to do with the old version except the names and the most basic of premises. The writing and acting are amazing. They basically re-wrote the book on how sci-fi is done.

If you can disconnect it mentally from the old Battlestar.. it is SO worth it!

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/tele ... ctica.html
Image Image Image Image

Post by Guest »

I didn't have cable until recently, so I only saw part of season 3. However, thanks to one of my good buddies, I've seen the first 2 seasons... I love the series! It's rather grand, not at all campy, and had me hooked from the first showing of it!
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Ayee, BSG is one of my favorite things ever. Sharon the Cylon (in all of her various incarnations) is one of the most compelling TV characters I've seen in a long time.

Few weeks ago we had a test in an education class I am taking. One of the questions was "Describe the duties of the secretary of education." I was soooo tempted to write "To take over the duties of president in the event that the rest of the government is killed in the Cylon apocalypse." SO tempting. But alas I wasn't sure my professor had a sense of humor :P
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

There's only one way to find out :D

I would have thought that'd be a perfect answer, actually!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh, Sharon... my heart broke for Boomer, honestly. D: It was like, whoops, shafted, shafted, and oh look, shafted again!

Hahahaa, Terry and I were just gossiping that maybe a kindergarten teacher would be the best person to be president! People are a lot like kindergarteners when you get them in big groups!
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:( I'm just sad that they're on to their last season. I hope the writers continue on to create new stories.
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

I grew up on the old series, and loved it.
But I still love the new one, it's just so bleeding awesome.
I helped work on a game mod of it for a game called, get this, Nexus!

:D