Hunger

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

aireona93
Dragon

Hunger

Post by aireona93 »

In about half an hour I am going to start a 30 hour fast run by my University to raise awareness for world hunger. So, in honor of the issue a couple links with world hunger information.

http://www.worldhunger.org/

http://www.bread.org

I have never fasted before, so I am a little worried about it... but I think it's worth it. Wish me luck!

And help raise awareness!

<3
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Fasting's not that hard to do, but you do need to remember to keep hydrated. If you're doing any physical activities, you'll still be burning up liquids :)

Good luck to you!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Thanks, Shard!

I will be drinking lots of water tomorrow. ^ ^
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage

Post by Guest »

Good luck with your run. And yeah, keep hydrated. And, if you really need to eat, water and crackers or plain bread are best if you are sort of fasting. *nods*
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Thanks alot, Houka Ryuu.

I am really going to have to concentrate on staying hydrated... I usually don't drink very much. Hahaha.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

If you don't normally, you might find that water is quite filling on its own :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

It is... **sloushy stomach** :P
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I just finished a couple hours ago. ^ ^

Thanks again for your suggestions etc.

It was amazing.

So glad I took part.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Cool! Congratulations, I really should do something like that... really :) *noms pretzel stick* >_>
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

It was really worth it at the end.

I love food, but gaining some tiny understanding of true hunger was pretty amazing.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage

Post by Guest »

*nods* Which is why I always finish the food served on my plate. It is just a waste and I know that there are people out there who would die happy just to have had a chance to eat the things that I do. I was raised to eat the food in my plate and be glad that I get to eat at all if I did not like the particular food that was being served.

Still, congratulations to you, Aire. Glad that our suggestions helped you out with your fasting. ^_^
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'd do something like that, but in ten hours I'd be completely crippled due to a migrane.

I think of it as my moderation reflex -- I get a nasty migrane if I don't eat for around ten hours, and if I eat too much, I end up getting a stomach ache plus a migrane. Haven't done that for a while =P

I consider myself a fair judge of how hungry I am... since eating, for me, typically boils down to necessity. If I didn't need to do it, I honestly wouldn't, except for the occasional piece of food that I particularly care for, like garlic bread strong enough to kill a Vampire from thirty paces, well made tiramisu, dark chocolate, and the occasional stew or potpie.

I think it's something that most people don't understand... the concept of eating out of need (do or die) as compared to want (oh! I like this, so I'll eat it even though I filled up a half hour ago).

... Rambling aside ^^ I think it's cool that you did this, Aire. ^.^
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

YEAH! I was thinking about that a lot while I wasn't eating.
It was kind of like- look how much food we eat! We really DON'T need all this food... I mean, we eat so much that people are getting sick from it. Which is crazy compared to the rest of the world.

And it is crazy that I had no idea what it would be like to not eat for a day- most of the world has to deal with that all the time. My stomach was so angry when I started eating again... hahaha. No headache though, which was surprising since I get them quite a bit.

I really appreciate food now. That is for sure. :)
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage