Fauna Frenzy--Ready to go!

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Neishai
Dragon

Re: Fauna Frenzy--Ready to go!

Post by Neishai »

All right! I got Yuzuki updated and his two lovelies paged in their preliminary stages. They're so exciting for me, I can't wait to get some more planning and plotting for them so I can fill in more completely and write some stories. But for now, here they be:

http://neishai.zymichost.com/we-re_roco ... damero.htm
http://neishai.zymichost.com/we-re_roco ... _caero.htm

I've got the beginnings of a story about Yuzuki and a rukel (this one was a birthday gift from you from a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure not registered or anything yet - never named, but I'm working on one). I just want to make sure it's all right that I send in the rukel and also Caero to bond at the Fauna Frenzy before proceeding.
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Here are the adults!

The rukel wouldn't necessarily be accepted by virtue of being a rukel; it would only fit the theme if it's got coloration based on a specific animal, etc. So basically, I'd have to see it before I could say yes or no. Caero should be fine, though, since the babies have bonded to each other in groups before anyway; she'd still be a cub at the time, since the clutches and litters are all hatching and bonding at about the same time. (Over a period of days or so.)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

*slaps forehead* That's right! Yes, this one is solid-red, not based on any animals. I think I thought it was all right because I was thinking of sending some mythic rukels in the future (if rukels were all right) because some of them have animal coloring or were based after animals. Well... then Yuzuki's rukel will probably have to stick around for a normal clutch at Darkling Dawn or something. I'm glad I asked before doing something silly. :)

Baldamero and Caero are gorgeous as adults! Is Caero actually bipedal? I noticed her father was in a similar position but I was thinking he was jumping. Ee, so excited! (I shouldn't worry about being silly... I feel silly. xD )

Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

The similar pose was entirely on purpose because I wasn't sure about that myself; that's my way of avoiding the issue. XD It seems to me like they'd definitely be able to go on all fours, but you'd have to ask Xalia if they're bipedal.
And yes, several of the mythical rukels would qualify for the Frenzy.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

LOL! Well that's fair enough. I'll put in a "may be bipedal" until I find out for sure. All right! They are now up-to-date with their adult images. I'll have to wait before sending Caero and the rukel in, but I'll get their forms up in here soon.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm pretty sure that a few of mine need paging, but I may have been waiting for other characters in that set to bond up. If need be, I should post those up.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I'll go ahead and start pairing off the rest of your candidates, then. :)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shard! Apologies for the long wait for Zvonko's group.

Name: Ghanan
Race: Winged Snake Demi-god/Crow-dragon
Color: Blue-Green
Size: 32'
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Telepathy, Teleportation, Very long-lived (1000s of years), Major Powers over Water and Wood
Personality: Ghanen can be stubborn, but also easily excitable and energetic. He is extremely friendly and outgoing, with a love of meeting strangers. He is surprisingly intelligent, though he prefers to keep his knowledge to himself most of the time, but some of his comments tend to surprise people.
Notes: Sort-of demi-gods in the same way Kukulcan is sort-of a snake-god. Very powerful in their element(s) and long-lived, but otherwise mortal. The kids all possess a mask that they wear as they get older. The gems on their foreheads and bodies indicate their elements, and their big feathery wings grow out from the rainbow bands on their back.
Bond: Zvonko

Name: Erythia (Left)
Race: Pernese/Catdragon
Color: Spotted Brown (Leopard)
Size: 34'
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Assisted Firebreath
Personality: Shy and withdrawn, she prefers to keep to herself, though she is close (in more ways than one) to Shuka. She falls in love easily, though she finds it difficult to talk to whoever her latest crush is. She is surprisingly intelligent, though it is something that few people other than Zvonko and Shuka ever see of her.
Bond: Shuka
Sponsor: Zvonko

Name: Shuka (Right)
Color: Spotted Brown (Leopard)
Size: 34'
Personality: More independant than Erythia and not as outgoing either, he is friendly for Erythia's sake but otherwise very quiet and even rude if his short temper is roused. He is very intelligent, though logically-minded and not as creative as Erythia.
Bond: Erythia

Name: Alondra
Race: Two-Headed Jaguar Hydra
Color: Brown-spotted Yellow (Jaguar)
Size: 36' long
Abilities: Telepathy, teleportation, vocal speech, illusion, shape-shifting
Personality: Friendly and outgoing, Alondra is quite extroverted and a bit of a flirt. She does have a bit of a rebellious streak and doesn't always do what she's told, especially if she thinks she has a better way of doing things. She is not the smartest dragon either, and tends to get confused easily.
Bond: Ghado

Name: Ghado
Race: Hound/Lynaxi
Color: Black-Green
Size: 25' long
Abilities: Vocal speech, camouflage, darkness breath
Personality: Very protective of Alondra, he is not as daring as the hydra, but he is willing to follow her into whatever trouble she's gotten into. He is as friendly and outgoing as his bond, though, and likes to explore new places and meet new types of dragons.
Bond: Alondra
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Wow! lol so many!! :D Thank you! hehehe it's so cute when two heads aren't one entity.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Lots more dragons than candidates for 'em. XD Plus Zvonko seemed like the one most likely to come away from the hatching with a pack of sponsors.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

In looking at the pages linked there, I note that you don't have the new links :)

change gecities.com to www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragonsites/magical for the pack, otherwise the t32rf and on is accurate. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay the new hatchlings are posted on page three.

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... /pack3.htm

I didn't miss the adults somewhere did I? Or they haven't gone out yet for me?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shard! I think there was a conversation a few pages back about waiting until they had all bonded to update the adults. Anyway, here they all are:

Chibirias

Shina

Sasper

Azoeba

Roan

Crynnelan

Ghanen

Erythia-Shuka

Alondra

Ghado
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, that was back when I had regular access AND ideas to put on paper heheh. Have all my folks bonded/sponsored? I'll go check back, anyway. I'm just glad all my info is still alive, since my computer died and I moved stuff onto an external and have been trying to keep up with what's been downloaded to my laptop versus desk... lol. Anyway, I'll get these guys up, now at least I have their images.

My favorites are Roan, Sasper and Alondra. all kinds of awesome.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Well, that's all from that group. There was actually a second group sent in, way back on the first page, that I had put off so they could bond from different clutches than the first group, but considering how long it's been already, I wouldn't blame you for sending them someplace else. >.<
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh my, the bunny twins and their critter friends that's right!
New links:
http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... ean-10.htm
http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... itters.htm

Not even really sure what is open for them anyway, but I'd like to keep them there for the time being! Maybe seeing more of these gorgeous fluffies people will send more in :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You've got to admit, they <i>are</i> pretty gorgeous. I love Sasper and his lot. Those patterns are fabulous! :D
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Random question: are there any more like Shina (that is, aquatic or semi-aquatic) ?

iprince
Egg

Post by iprince »

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but I've seen you pop by a couple of times, Kitsuneko...

Are you still willing to accept candidates for this?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

The problem is I've lost the disc for my photoshop program, and Gimp mutilates these templates. I am trying to get ahold of another copy of photoshop; when I do, I will definitely leave a note that it's still open!
iprince
Egg

Post by iprince »

Oh dear! :c I know how you feel. My old laptop crapped out on me, and I'm trying to make-do with programs and a tablet I'm not used to on my boyfriend's computer.

I hope you can find another copy! C:
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I successfully salvaged photoshop from my old computer, and I still have the Frenzy templates. :D
The first post has been updated to reflect all the dragons bonded in this thread. Any other hatchlings that were given out through pm or email are not counted toward the egg count just to make it easier on me. (Those dragons won't be taken back from their owners, though.) Shard, you still have a big group of Usagi (sent in way back on the first page) that have not bonded yet. If you still want them to stand, I need a new URL for them. Jinggowe and Aeter's current litters have one baby left, each, and I have some more old Frenzy images that I'm gonna scan in and color, so there'll be more clutches out, provided there's interest.

Turns out I have a handful of hatchlings with ready-made descriptions that need coloring and bonds, so applications are officially open again.
The theme requirement for candidates has been dropped--candidates no longer need to follow the animal theme of the Frenzy, so that should make it easier.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Huh, I wonder who I had been working on for this, because I do remember starting something but... bleh. Alright, time to go hunting!
iprince
Egg

Post by iprince »

My previous lot have all been paged, but I never posted the links here ( ; 3; oops).

Frentosil & Orcinus
Sanser
Phiruth
Juurith & Gheiran
Camazotz & Yanna
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I will definitely get pages back online for the Usagi. They'd be among the /furry/usagi_shimai directory.

Actually they are up:

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... itters.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know whether I've got all mine paged before that though. I'll check the first post and make sure. If it turns out I need to page, I will definitely get to that.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Hey Shard, have a bunch of NEW DRAGONS!

A tiny, white-sized dragonet hatched out of Chylandra's clutch, and the pale male dragon shook the sand from his hide. Though mostly white, he had striking gray marks on his hide that drew attention to him. Attention that he didn't seem to mind. He strode casually toward the candidates and stopped at Dosea's feet. Hello Dosea, the hatchling's voice was almost like a purr. My name is Pauda.

Name: Pauda
Race: Pernese/Malnev Dragon
Color: Grey-blotched White (Clouded Leopard)
Size: 18'
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Assisted Firebreath, Flight Magic
Personality: Friendly, though somewhat aloof, Pauda is equally comfortable being with a group of friends or even a crowd of strangers as he is being alone. He's a very laidback, calm dragon, and nothing much seems to get to him. He's also kind of shallow, though; he may know and talk to lots of people, but he only has a few true, close friends, and though he's often around others, he keeps his thoughts and feelings to himself.
Notes: Chylandra and Tigolith's clutch
Bond: Dosea

From Bete's litter of cubs came a round ball of dark fur, which eventually uncurled itself into a bulky female cub. She gave a tiny roar as she stood, glaring at the candidates. Rather than going to them, she was instead joined by another canine-like beast, though the dark red cub was from a very different lineage. He was from Aeter's litter, but he was obviously one of Cusith's offspring, if the extra heads were anything to go by. He ran over to Bete's cub as if besotted, and it became clear they were already bonded. After some encouragement from their mothers, however, they went to Ui as a sponsor.

I guess we'll go with you. Apparently we're not allowed to live on our own, the dark red cub muttered.

Name: Fuirnith
Race: Hound/Hydra
Color: Dark Red
Size: 25' long
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Telepathy, Teleportation, Firebreath
Personality: Calmer and less volatile than his bond, Fuirnith is no less deadly if he's truly riled. He is fiercely protective of Shua and distrusts almost everyone, though he respects Ui. He is the brains of the pair: as imposing as he looks, his strength is in his brain (or brains...those snake heads don't have a separate consciousness, but they do their uses).
Notes: Aeter and Cusith's litter
Bond: Shua
Sponsor: Ui

Name: Shua
Race: Wolf/Unknown Beast
Color: Grey-Black
Size: 9' long
Abilities: Verbal Speech
Personality: Tough as nails, Shua is a very physical being, relying on her muscles and teeth, not her brain. Which is not to say that she's dumb--she can be quite clever when she tries, but she's more proud of her physical strength. She has a short and violent temper, taking offense easily which leads to a lot of fighting.
Notes: Bete and Huil's litter
Bond: Fuirnith
Sponsor: Ui

The next egg that hatched revealed not a dragon, but a grey-feathered and brown-furred gryphon chick. This hatchling gave a cheerful chirp and didn't waste any time looking for her bonded. Fortunately, she was not put off by the ill-tempered canine-pair by Ui, and she looked up at the Usagi fondly. I'm your Lashe, Ui.

Name: Lashe
Race: Gryphon
Color: Grey-Brown Tabby
Size: 19' long
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Telepathy, Empathy, Atomic Manipulation
Personality: Laid-back and lazy, Lashe is an extremely calm and easy-going gryphon. Nothing ever seems to bother her or break her cool-headed facade. It's not that she's quite that even-tempered, though; she has a long temper and a lot of patience, and while she does get upset, she just doesn't let it show or control her.
Notes: Koho' and Nerel's clutch
Bond: Ui

Another of Murrpau's one-headed children strode around the sands, wandering aimlessly for awhile. At last, however, the hatchling wandered right into Brycalla's arms and was quite pleased. Hello, Brycalla, the hatchling said, relief clear in his voice. I'm hungry, why don't you and me get some food, please? Nekary pleaded to his new rider.

Name: Nekary
Color: Black-White
Size: 32'
Personality: An extremely social being, Nekary absolutely has to be around other people. He gets scared and lonely when there's no one else around, and even if they don't pay any attention to him, he's satisfied just that someone's there. Other than that, he's a very loyal and steadfast friend, nearly always willing to put others before himself and giving out (usually good) advice when asked.
Notes: Murrpau and Verugorian's clutch
Bond: Brycalla

A dark and handsome male hatchling broke out of one of Ainkar's eggs, and soon he was approaching the candidates as well. Before long, he was joined by another youngster, but the black hatchling, at least, was not interested in bonding. Ah Puch would still be happy to hang around with Chrin for a while, though.

Name: Ah Puch
Race: Winged Snake Demi-god/Crow-dragon
Color: Black-Grey
Size: 36'
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Telepathy, Teleportation, Very long-lived (1000s of years), Major Powers over Spirits and Death
Personality: A lazy, lethargic dragon, Ah Puch is by no means helpless just because he refuses to take action. He's surprisingly extroverted, curious and even nosy about other people's business, and he'll quite happily give advice even when not asked. Especially if he's not asked for it. He's also quite the gentleman, with a romantic air about him.
Notes: Sort-of demi-gods in the same way Kukulcan is sort-of a snake-god. Very powerful in their element(s) and long-lived, but otherwise mortal. The kids all possess a mask that they wear as they get older. The gems on their foreheads and bodies indicate their elements, and their big feathery wings grow out from the rainbow bands on their back.
Notes: Ainkar and Kukulcan's clutch
Sponsor: Chrin

The dragon that followed Ah Puch had hatched from an egg, despite his mammalian appearance, and quickly escaped from Jinggowe's protective grasp. He staggered unsteadily on clumsy paws and looked at the candidates with dark eyes, ears perked and tiny nubs poking out of his head that would one day become antlers. He spotted the older hatchling and was happy to follow after him--which was fortunate, since they ended up going with the same person. "And my name's Elorik, Chrin!" he added excitedly.

Name: Elorik
Race: Reindeer-Dragon
Color: Red-Brown
Size: 10' long
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Flame Breath, Warmth (spherical, radius 10 feet), Plant Growth
Personality: Sweet and a little shy, Elorik is kind, but he's not outgoing. He gets nervous around people, which makes it hard for him to make friends. He is optomistic, but a bit naive, but he is loyal and devoted to his family.
Notes: Jinggowe and Kaspar's clutch
Bond: Chrin
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

*squeeeee*

I'll have those up as soon as I can. Oh - I do have a guy from the Rookery who I think would be best placed among these beasties, if I can add him as a sponsor/candidate?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Sure, if you don't mind seconds of a template you already have. You have like, at least one of each I've done so far, I think. XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh I absolutely don't mind.

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... -jamie.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; should be the link. Jamie's an animal controller/empath.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay, all the adults have been paged, and I noticed that two of my characters may have been missed in the shuffle,

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... ean-10.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ryokai and Ryoshin, Sean's twins, with a newer url. Their info is back a couple pages, actually.

The Pack's adults
http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... /pack4.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Critter page
http://www.droppin-the-fork.com/dragons ... itters.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com