Fauna Frenzy--Ready to go!

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

baka-ryu
Hatchling

Post by baka-ryu »

Whoo!

And I don't mind waiting at all for story-blurbs and personality-blips. Those are the best part :3

Post by Guest »

Here's another candidate for your frenzy. These babies are adorable!

Your name: Saeri
Your e-mail: shinack@gmail.com
Character's Name: Zyfel
Character's Race: Human
Character's URL: http://tirragen.net/ruine/zyfel/
Character's Gender: Male
Bonder or Sponsor?: Bonder
Clutch preference?: None :) Well. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to swim - if that accounts for anything.
Other preferences or comments: Since Zyfel is so vaguely easygoing, it would be nice if his bond had more personality than he does. LOL and.. is there a password I'm missing? -scours rules again-
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shard! Here's Iokua's and Vahan's sponsors. I was going to wait until the next clutch is finished to give one to Zvonko, but since you've still got other candidates yet to bond, should I go ahead and just give you some more from the current clutches? :p

Waiting until well after most of her siblings had found partners in a bond or sponsor, Raevale finally succeeded in coaxing a shy, grayish white hatchling to the candidates. She wavered a bit, unsure, but finally stretched her neck up to meet Iokua's eyes and let out a pleased hum.
May I go home with you, Iokua? I won't be any trouble, I promise. My name is Shina.

Name: Shina
Race: Pernese/Dolphin Dragon
Color: White (Chinese White Dolphin)
Size: 19'
Abilities: Telepathy, teleportation
Personality: An extremely shy and quiet dragon, Shina can be very sweet and compassionate, but she gets scared easily in social situations and isn't very outgoing. She can be kind and helpful towards people she knows, though. She appreciates her solitude, but she also loves to explore, and is never found in one place for very long.
Notes: They need to be near water, and they're quite honestly happier in the water than out, but they can hop around on the land with their flippers, like a sea lion. (As Shina gets older, she'll become more white than grey)
Sponsor: Iokua

Shina was soon followed by another hatchling that couldn't have appeared more different. The golden-yellow hatchling was obviously from Chylandra's clutch, and her hide was heavily spotted with black markings. She bounced rather than walked over to Iokua, radiating happiness and excitement. I wanna go! I wanna come too. Can I, Iokua, can I go with you too? Oh, I'm Sasper, by the way.

Name: Sasper
Race: Pernese/Malnev Dragon
Color: Cheetah-spotted
Size: 21'
Abilities: Telepathy, teleportation, assisted firebreath, flight magic
Personality: A bubbly and outgoing dragon, as gregarious as Shina is shy, Sasper can be a bit overbearing, even crazy in her hyperness. She's a bit clumsy when excited and tends to break or knock stuff over with her tail and wings especially. She loves to be around other people, though, and even tries to get Shina to come out of her shell on occasion. She likes to talk too; unfortunately she doesn't always pay attention to what she says.
Bond: Iokua

A pair of dragons hatched from Chylandra's brood at the same time, tripping over each other in their haste to get to the candidates assembled nearby. The much larger orange male growled irritably at his sibling, but the white hatchling paid him no mind, glancing over the candidates and sponsors cheerfully, even chatting with a few of them, until finally she came to Vahan.
I think you're the most interesting one here. Can I stay with you? Vahan was happy to oblige, and Azoeba crooned happily.

Name: Azoeba
Color: Black-Striped White (Tiger)
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Assisted Firebreath, Flight Magic
Personality: Azoeba's very social and outgoing, but it could hardly be said she's normal. She's got a very odd sense of humor, and she has a tendency to laugh for no apparent reason, or make jokes only she understands. She gets exasperated sometimes that no one understands her, but on the whole she enjoys her weirdness and the reactions of others.
Sponsor: Vahan

Seeing where his sister was heading, the brown-striped orange dragon hesitated, wandered around a bit, but finally went to join her. I don't particularly care to be around Azoeba, Roan grumbled, But I guess there's nothing to be done about that. Azoebe stuck her tongue out at him and slapped him with her tail.

Name: Roan
Color: Brown-Striped Orange (Tiger)
Size: 29'
Personality: He's pretty easy to upset and he doesn't like being teased. That doesn't stop Azoeba, of course, but if it were anyone else, they'd probably get a fireball in their face in short order. He can also be pretty stubborn and headstrong, always wanting to do things his way, but in the right mood, he listens well and is willing to take the advice he's given.

Vahan was not quite done yet, and as he wandered by another group of hatchlings, one of them strode into his path and glanced up at him, weighing him and his new sponsors in her mind. She was a large dragon for her young age, and covered with three-toned fur, but her eyes were shrewd. I'll go with you as well, I suppose. My name is Crynnelan.

Name: Crynnelan
Race: Pernese/Catdragon
Color: Calico
Size: 39'
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Assisted Firebreath
Personality: Crynnelan makes a big show of not giving a flip for other people, but deep deep down she really...is not impressed with humanity (or dragonity, whatever). She's very harsh and quick to judge others, she doesn't go easy on anyone, but that goes for herself as well, and though she may not show it, she does have some self-esteem issues and worries overmuch about the faults she sees in herself.

Yeah, these are gonna be kind of slow for awhile. I've got Algebra, English, and an Economics course this semester, and that's just for one day. -_- I'll do what I can, though.
Last edited by Kitsuneko on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ohgosh how GORGEOUS! :D Yay!!

Now, to find where those pages are, and get em updated. :)

*edit* okay I've got them written up, and if you want I can upload their page with these so far on it, but I'm still waiting until everyone gets theirs to load the adult I have for the girl.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I should have checked in on the fauna frenzy at least... I'll try to get in a story with lots of furry persona to get at least one out of every clutch. Maybe it can be my weekend project. Got to something while watching TV anyways. (I think I might be done procrastinating)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Oops, yeah, still gotta work on my backlog. ^^; Candidates are still welcome though, so thanks.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Baka-Ryu!

Two dragons hatched from Chylandra's clutch, moving with (slightly) less clumsiness than their siblings before them. The red-toned male slinked up to Rudolph with very little hesitation and sat at his feet. I'm going to go with you. My name is Juurith.

Name: Juurith
Color: Brown-spotted Red (Jaguar)
Size: 25'
Personality: Calm and patient, Juuri seems harmless on the surface, but he can strike in an instant and he's very hard to surprise. He's rather arrogant and disdainful of anyone who doesn't have his level of ability (which tends to be almost everyone except Rudolph and the higher-ups). He also has a distressingly curious personality, and sometimes he can be too nosy about things he shouldn't.
Sponsor: Rudolph

His brownish-colored brother checked out the candidates for a bit, but unsurprisingly, he came back and joined Juurith in front of Rudolph. Alright, I guess I'll go with you and Juurith after all. I'm Gheiran.

Name: Gheiran
Color: Brown (Lion)
Size: 31'
Personality: Arrogant like his brother, he always believes that he is right, and it takes some work to convince him otherwise. He's obediant to Rudolph, but he can be trouble for others; he's also discreet, though, and his revenge tends to be subtle, not big and showy.
Sponsor: Rudolph

There was lull in the hatching for a few minutes, but when the next egg hatched, it did it explosively. Even Ainkar ducked a bit to avoid flying pieces of egg shell from her newborn son. This hatchling was a very deep, almost blood-red color, and it was no surprise, then, that he made his way straight to the Nosferatu, Vlad. His greeting was short. "My name is Camazotz."

Name: Camazotz
Race: Winged Snake Demi-god/Crow-dragon
Color: Red-Black
Size: 29'
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Telepathy, Teleportation, Very long-lived (1000s of years), Major Powers over Blood and Darkness
Personality: Though he presents a genial and friendly face, for all that he seems to enjoy the company of others, Camazotz doesn't seem to have any actual friends, only casual acquaintances. He spends a lot of time by himself, but he is quite intelligent, and wise enough to use that intelligence in the best way possible.
Notes: Sort-of demi-gods in the same way Kukulcan is sort-of a snake-god. Very powerful in their element(s) and long-lived, but otherwise mortal. The kids all possess a mask that they wear as they get older. The gems on their foreheads and bodies indicate their elements, and their big feathery wings grow out from the rainbow bands on their back.
Bond: Vlad

A sleek-furred female from Murrpau's clutch wandered around for a bit, but none of the candidates seemed to catch her interest until she came to Vlad. The brown-pointed catdragon purred and crouched by Vlad's feet as though warning off everyone else. You are mine, now, Vlad, and I am Yanna.

Name: Yanna
Color: Seal Point
Size: 27'
Personality: Yanna has a disdainful and volatile personality. She has a violent temper and it's not too difficult to make her angry, so it's best to stay on her good side. She is very possessive of her bond and fellow bond-mate Camazotz, and she doesn't like to be separated from them for any length of time.
Bond: Vlad

A pure white dragon emerged from one of Chylandra's eggs, and he made his way toward the gathered candidates vying for his attention, but finally he stopped in front of the centuar, Jeren. I'm Phiruth, Jeren!

Name: Phiruth
Color: White (Lion)
Size: 25'
Personality: Phiruth is careful in everything he says or does, in order to avoid offending or hurting someone. He's a sensitive soul, really, who dislikes argueing, but make no mistake--he's not a pacifist. He may not particularly enjoy it, but he's willing to fight to protect his bond and his home. Given his inoffensive nature, he has a surprisingly sarcastic sense of humor, particularly on those occasions when he does get upset.
Bond: Jeren

A hatchling with unusually pale yellow skin hatched next, another one from Chylandra's brood, and he made his way straight to Clavel. He avoided eye contact with other candidates or dragons, but he crooned as he bonded with Clavel. My name is Sanser.

Name: Sanser
Color: Brown-spotted Cream (Cheetah)
Size: 15'
Personality: Relatively small, like his bond, Sanser has all sorts of self-esteem issues. He's easily depressed and also very sensitive to what other people say about him, whether it's good or bad. He could be in a horrible mood, and one positive comment would have him strutting around and showing off--but it works the other way around, too.
Bond: Clavel

Two eggs of Raevale's hatched at the same time, and at first they didn't seem interested in any of the candidates at all, but then the smaller one swam--rather than hopped--to Americus, and crooned happily as he gave his name--Orcinus.

Name: Orcinus
Color: White-marked Black (Killer Whale)
Personality: Though he's comfortable in Americus' company, Orcinus has a tendency to go off on his own for long periods of time, and he's not too good with other people. He tends to be very blunt and careless with what he says and does, but he is also calm and cool-headed.
Notes: They need to be near water, and they're quite honestly happier in the water than out, but they can hop around on the land with their flippers, like a sea lion.
Bond: Americus

The other hatchling was quick to follow his brother. He was a fairly large dragon for his age, with nearly solid grey skin, and though he seemed more interested in staying with Orcinus than bonding with Americus, Frentosil agreed to go along with them.

Name: Frentosil
Color: White-spotted Black (Atlantic Spotted Dolphin)
Size: 27'
Personality: As much of a loner as his brother Orcinus, Frentosil is uncomfortable around people and tends to be abrasive and rude. He's very sarcastic and even rude at times, and there are only a few people he shows any respect to. He is surprisingly close to Orcinus, though, and his brother is just about the only being he shows any kindness to.
Notes: They need to be near water, and they're quite honestly happier in the water than out, but they can hop around on the land with their flippers, like a sea lion. (Frentosil's spots will grow and increase as he gets older.)
Sponsor: Americus
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Saeri!-who I hope is still around, 'cause this is probably my favorite dragon so far. :D

A striking cat-dragon-- and not just because it had two heads--hatched next. Both heads turned this way and that, looking at all the candidates, and as they started to walk, they seemed to enjoy the extra attention on them. They did seem to hesitate and even argue with each other over who to pick, but the two headed dragon(s) eventually came to a decision, and they looked up at Zyfel, who smiled.
My sister and I have decided that you're the one for us, Zyfel, the brown-furred head said. I'm Yero.
And I'm Isran!

Name: Yero (Right)
Color: Brown Mackerel Tabby/Tortoiseshell
Size: 36'
Personality: Yero and Iran are both very loving, outgoing dragons, though Isran tends to be rather naive and it's Yero's job to protect her. They both love to be around people and make new friends, and they're also pretty easy-going when it comes to people not used to seeing two-headed dragons before.
Bond: Zyfel

Name: Isran (Left)
Color: Snow Leopard/Tortoiseshell
Size: 36'
Personality: Yero and Iran are both very loving, outgoing dragons, though Isran tends to be rather naive and it's Yero's job to protect her. They both love to be around people and make new friends, and they're also pretty easy-going when it comes to people not used to seeing two-headed dragons before.
Bond: Zyfel

Post by Guest »

That last hatchling is adorable!

Post by Guest »

Too adorable! I love them. -hugs pretty hatchling-

I'm trying to find a simple generic page layout that I can use for all of my characters. I haven't come across anything I like in particular but Yero and Isran will be up soon!

And I'll probably send another candidate or two your way. :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Kickass half-catdragon hatchlings! :D
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

:O Is that some Murrpau and Sukini kitty babies I see? You know I'm going to have to see about at getting a candidate in for that clutch! Those are wonderfully done. :D
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +

Post by Guest »

Zyfel and Yero & Isran's pages are updated.

( http://tirragen.net/ruine/zyfel/ )

And I'm almost done writing up my other Fauna Frenzy character. Though, I'm hitting a brick wall with his story's ending. T_T
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shoot, sorry Saeri! I didn't notice you'd replied. ^_^;
Here's Yero and Isran's adult pic.

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>.> I know that it's been, like, two years... but I've noticed you lurking from time to time on the Nexus, Kitsuneko. Is the Fauna Frenzy still open?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Er, technically it is. I lurk more out of habit than anything, but I've been concentrating on school this semester and didn't think I'd have much time to spend on it. If you're interested in sending someone in, I could color/write up a dragon or two from the current clutches, (this being Thanksgiving Break would be a good time to do so) but given the relatively low level of interest in them, I had been considering just dropping the Frenzy and moving Darkling Dawn back to regular clutches once my classes are over for the summer.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'd been meaning to send someone in for ages, but was having trouble coming up with an animal themed one or two that meshed with my current batch of character-housing sites! Glad to hear that it's kinda-sorta open. I'll get someone(s?) to you by the weekend! :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Just to keep you updated, I have the two characters pages made, and a story half-written... but I'm having a hard time fitting animal-themes into it, and I feel like I need to write you something that's actually good. It really isn't right now. >_>" I'm probably going to compromise because Thanksgiving is happening like RIGHT NOW and I don't want to miss this window of opportunity, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm doing this, and I'm not flaking out on it after asking after it!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Triple posting. >_>" Sorry!

Your name: Dray
Your e-mail: dracothrope@gmail.com
Character's Name: Ibbluan
Character's Race: Human/Dragon mutt
Character's URL: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Ibbluan.htm
Story URL: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Ibbluan01.htm
Character's Gender: Female
Bonder or Sponsor?: Bonder, I suppose!
Clutch preference?:
Other preferences or comments: Non-hydras, please. ^^;

Your name: Dray
Your e-mail: dracothrope@gmail.com
Character's Name: Shirrisala Stellarberry
Character's Race: Void Beast/Halfling mutt
Character's URL: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Shirrisala.htm
Story URL: http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Ibbluan01.htm
Character's Gender: Female
Bonder or Sponsor?: Either... she's quirky. ^_^
Clutch preference?: I think Kukulcan's clutch might work well for her, but I like all of them. XD Up to you!
Other preferences or comments: Non-hydras, please. ^^;

Phewf, done! Sorry that took so long. I hope the story's not too far off base... I'm really really rusty!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Dray!
And here they are. As soon as they're paged, I'll have the adult pics up.

From Chylandra's mass of eggs hatched a burly, muscular male hatchling with black hide marked with bright orange stripes. He paid little attention to his siblings and walked straight past the candidates until he came to Ibbluan. A glance at the girl and the hatchling had made his choice. He crooned. My name is Dorath.

Name: Dorath
Color: Orange-striped Black (Tiger)
Size: 22' long
Personality: Dorath has a short temper, but he is fiercely loyal to the friends he makes, though he he not always the easiest dragon to get along with. He is energetic and outgoing, always happy to see new places and meet new people. He likes to be active and tends to get bored if he is kept in one place for too long.
Bond: Ibbluan

Before long, one of Ainkar's larger eggs began to crack, and finally the red-feathered hatchling crawled its way out of the shell. He paid little attention to the candidates and sponsors at first, until a gentle nudge from his impatient mother spurred him forward. He was joined by a female cat-dragon from another clutch, and they both went to the same person--Shirrisala, though one as a bond and the other as a sponsor. The red hatchling introduced himself as Tohil.

Name: Tohil
Race: Winged Snake Demi-god/Crow-dragon
Color: Red-White
Size: 29' long
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Telepathy, Teleportation, Very long-lived (1000s of years), Major Powers over Fire and Ice
Personality: Silent and withdrawn, Tohil is an introvert who doesn't often see the point of conversing with others. As a result, he tends to come off as kind of odd, but that suits him just fine. He is very intelligent and enjoys the pursuit of knowledge.
Notes: Sort-of demi-gods in the same way Kukulcan is sort-of a snake-god. Very powerful in their element(s) and long-lived, but otherwise mortal. The kids all possess a mask that they wear as they get older. The gems on their foreheads and bodies indicate their elements, and their big feathery wings grow out from the rainbow bands on their back.
Bond: Shirrisala

The cat-dragon made a purring noise. I'm not really interested in bonding, but you and Tohil seem nice. I think I'll stay with you for awhile. I'm Gandriae.

Name: Gandriae
Color: Brown-White Tabby
Size: 33' long
Personality: Gentle and loving, Gandriae is quite affectionate and outgoing. She is a sweet dragon and makes friends easily, though she can be shy around strange or intimidating creatures. She enjoys being around children and clutches and falls in love quickly, though her romantic relationships rarely last long.
Sponsor: Shirrisala
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Glee! I love the colours of all of these guys! I have the hatchlings all paged here:

http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Gandriae.htm
http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Ibbluan.htm#Dorath
http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Shirrisala.htm#Tohil

Thank you for the hatching and personality blurbs. They were fun. :3
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

And here are the adults. :)

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

And they've been updated. ^_^ I adore this trio, thank you again!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Re: Fauna Frenzy--Ready to go!

Post by Kitsuneko »

I've been itching to get back to regular clutches on Darkling Dawn, and I'm not sure how much interest there is still is in the Fauna Frenzy. Is anyone wanting any dragons from the current clutches/think there are some other pairings that you absolutely must have a baby from? I could probably continue running the Frenzy alongside the other clutches if there's interest, but that's still splitting candidates among even more clutches, and there's not much point finishing the templates I still have to do if everyone's too busy. I was considering dropping it entirely, but I'll continue if there's still interest.

(And if anyone needs hatchlings/adults that I somehow missed, just let me know and I'll update them!)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I've been trying to get something typed up, but it's not going to happen atm clearly, since there's driving and presents and socializing (*legasp*) that I have to do.
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

I just wanted to put out there that I am very interested in this. Considering my beloved tarati (clan of various animal shifters), this is right up my alley. So if it's still available when I can get some of the unbonded ones out there (I'm not going to ask you to hold anything up of course), I'd love to send someone/s in. :)
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Woo, awesome. I've been focusing more on Pern stuff, lately, so I don't mind holding it open. If there's any not-open-yet pairings you particularly want a dragon from, though, let me know and I'll get started on those images. :)
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

All right, my preferences were me looking through some of the pairings (not all, I ran out of time tonight) and seeing some compatibility or other, or complimentary personalities... I think only one of the parents I listed is actually open, because I was going by the site, not the forum list. Sorry! >< But really, all of these are lovely so no pressure for unopened pairings, or if any are interesting to you, I also don't mind waiting. Really flexible. Yup. :D

I will send more! *strikes a pose* Just not from his group. I think.

Your name: Neishai
Your e-mail: neishai@gmail.com
Character's Name: Yuzuki (Y'uki, if needed)
Character's Race: kitsune
Character's URL: http://neishai.zymichost.com/we-re_roco ... t_yuki.htm
Character's Gender: male
Bonder or Sponsor?: bonder
Clutch preference?: These stood out for me, but I'd be happy with others - Pheidoh x Lura'cet, Aeter x Elvodi, Jinggowe x Cazador; Bete's lovelies; Cerdansampith (did this one not clutch?)
Other preferences or comments: He would be capable of sponsoring, considering his background. But bonding before sponsoring please! These are all gorgeous! I would be happy with anyone you feel appropriate for him! I think I already said that.

Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Neishai! Sorry it took so long.

Name: Baldamero
Race: Two-Headed Jaguar Hydra
Color: Black (Jaguar)
Size: 45' long
Abilities: Telepathy, teleportation, vocal speech, illusion, shape-shifting
Personality: Baldamero is a mild-mannered, polite dragon who tries to seem unimposing. He is gentle and kind-natured despite a frightening appearance, so he tries his best to play down his hydra-ness. He is rather introverted, with a tendency to be clumsy or socially inept around other people, though he has the self-confidence to not let it bother him.
Bond: Yuzuki
(From Jingowwe x Cazador clutch)

Name: Caero
Race: Hound/Lynaxi
Color: Grey-Red
Size: 20' long
Abilities: Vocal speech, camouflage, darkness breath
Personality: Very dedicated and loyal to her friends, Caero can be stubborn and mulish, and it is extremely difficult to get her to change her mind. She is particularly fond of Baldamero and more often than not is found at his side. She is certainly the more outgoing and friendly of the two.
Sponsor: Yuzuki
(From Aeta x Elvodi litter)
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

They're beautiful, thank you! I'll have them paged asap. :D