Fauna Frenzy--Ready to go!

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Fauna Frenzy--Ready to go!

Post by Kitsuneko »

I honestly tried to write a Flight story but it just didn't work out. I hated it. Sorry.
Anyway, the Flight has happened and the pairings have been posted, along with the resulting clutches (or litters). I have about half of the twenty pairings drawn, but none of them scanned or colored yet. If you wish, you may send candidates now, though it may take awhile for them to bond.
The results: http://darklingdawn.freehostia.com/FFclutch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The candidate rules and form: http://darklingdawn.freehostia.com/FFcandidates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Owners and creators, please let me know if you disagree on eggs vs. livebirth, number of offspring, bonding/sponsoring ratio or anything else. I went with my best guesses, but I could be wrong.

You can reply to this thread with your form and I'll give you your dragon and hatching blurb on here, but you can go through the site as well.
Aaah...I'll add clutches to this post as they become available; I'll probably be doing batches of 2-4 clutches or litters at once before moving on.

And there are now three clutches open! Send candidates. Bond dragons. Or...other stuff. :D

First...the Rules
1. You must have a page and persona ready for the hatchling; sponsors must send a caretaker to the bonding. This cannot be a Neopets, MSN, or any other type of site where you must sign up to view it. Other platforms such as forums, wiki, etc. will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
2. The page should have a stat sheet and/or story relating to the Frenzy for the sponsoring/bonding character. Stats-only will be accepted, but generally, the better the story, the more elaborate/rare the dragon will be.
3. Have as many pets as you like. The character may have any number of bonds already. Unless you say otherwise, a character may bond, or sponsor, multiple dragons from the same hatching, even so many as five or six. If you want a limit on that, say so on your form.
4. No reserves for the clutches; your story must be completed when you send it in.
5. Adult images will be provided as soon as I am informed that the baby images have been paged.
6. Include a link back to Darkling Dawn on their page. The main page will work fine, it doesn't have to be the Frenzy page.
7. You may either post the form to the topic on the Nexus forum, or you may e-mail it to me the more traditional way (Please send emails to silver_storyteller@yahoo.com). Either way, you will get a small blurb of your character bonding instead of a whole hatching story, along with the baby image and their stats. You will receive the adult form as soon as the baby is paged. Provided there are available clutches/litters, your character will bond/sponsor as soon as you send the form, so there is no waiting for the clutches to fill.
8. Finally, try to follow the theme of the Frenzy, which is, of course, Animals! Whether your character's a sentient animal, a shape-shifter or anthropomorphic, or if it's just a wild animal making a cameo appearance, the more exotic, the better! (Mythological creatures are only accepted if they're chimera-like, with features of existing animals, Dragons and non-earth creatures are only accepted if, like the parents, they exhibit features of specific earth animals. If you're unsure about a specific character, ask or send them; the worst thing that happens is that I'll just say no.) The theme requirement for candidates has been dropped. All characters will be accepted.

Tigolith x Raevale
17 eggs--most will bond, but sponsoring is possible. These are mostly aquatic dragons, so potential bonds or caretakers need to be able to swim well.
Candidates:
1. Phyrtana & Grey-Grey (Pygmy Killer Whale) Feresa
2. Iokua & White (Chinese White Dolphin) Shina
3. Daichi & Black-White (Hourglass Dolphin) Crusiger
4. Abram & Dark Grey (False Killer Whale) Psidacrase
5. Abram & Dark Grey (Rough-toothed Dolphin) Stenabred
6. Americus & White-marked Black (Killer Whale) Orcinus
7. Americus & White-spotted Black (Atlantic Spotted Dolphin) Frentosil

Hyaeschar x Bete
3 cubs--these are sponsors-only, and stories preferred since they're so rare.
Candidates:
1. Tanzi & Black-Striped Brown Sergha

Huil x Bete
4 cubs--these are sponsors-only, some dark or violent-tempered hatchlings possible
Candidates:
1. Ui & Grey-Black Shua

Kukulcan x Ainkar Jariane
14 eggs--sponsors and bonders equally likely.
Candidates:
1. Bahtyia & Brown-Yellow Chibirias
2. Mael & Green-Red Gukumatz
3. Abram & Red-Purple Acan
4. Tanzi & Yellow-White Ixchel
5. Vlad & Red-Black Camazotz
6. Shirrisala & Red-White Tohil
7. Zvonko & Blue-Green Ghanen
8. Chrin & Black-Grey Ah Puch

Tigolith x Chylandra
22 eggs--mostly bonders, sponsors accepted
Candidates:
1. Iokua & Black-spotted Yellow (Cheetah) Sasper
2. Vahan & Black-striped White (Tiger) Azoeba
3. Vahan & Black-striped Orange (Tiger) Roan
4. Abram & Brown (Lion) Tanlerth
5. Tanzi & Brown-spotted Yellow (Leopard) Nameera
6. Tanzi & Black (Leopard) Mosdarth
7. Rudolph & Brown-spotted Red (Jaguar) Juurith
8. Rudolph & Brown (Lion) Gheiran
9. Jeren & White (Lion) Phiruth
10. Clavel & Brown-spotted Cream (Cheetah) Sanser
11. Ibbluan & Orange-striped Black (Tiger) Dorath
12. Dosea & Grey-spotted White (Clouded Leopard) Pauda

Verugorion x Murrpau
10 eggs--sponsors and bonders accepted
Candidates:
1. Vahan & Calico Crynnelan
2. Tanzi & Red Tabby Nander
3. Vlad & Seal Point Yanna
4. Zyfel & Two-headed Brown Mackerel Tabby/Snow Leopard Tortoiseshell Yero and Isran
5. Shirrisala & Brown-White Mackerel Tabby Gandriae
6. Zvonko & Spotted Brown (Leopard) Erythia and Shuka
7. Brycalla & Black-White Nekary

Cazador x Jinggowe
3 eggs--mostly bonders, sponsors and bonders accepted
Candidates:
1. Yuzuki & Black (Jaguar) Baldamero
2. Zvonko & Brown-Spotted Yellow (Leopard) Alondra

Kaspar x Jinggowe
3 eggs--mostly bonders, sponsors and bonders accepted
Candidates:
1. Chrin & Red-Brown Elorik

Elvodi x Aeter
3 cubs--sponsors preferred but bonders accepted
Candidates:
1. Yuzuki & Grey-Red Caero
2. Zvonko & Black-Green Ghado

Cusith x Aeter
5 cubs---bonders preferred but sponsors accepted-some dark or violent-tempered hatchlings possible
Candidates:
1. Ui & Dark Red Fuirnith

Nerel x Kohoyochibiashe
3 eggs, sponsors and bonders accepted
Candidates:
1. Ui & Grey-Brown Lashe
Last edited by Kitsuneko on Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Wow, lots of awesome pairings! Huil x Nocturna is bound to be awesome -- wolf/crow dragons? XD Sweet!

I love that Dhamshe managed to get her claws on Deyohofahze. >:D Them's going to be some ugly gryphon babies -- but I can't wait to try for one!

Tzen-Garh seems to link to Shard's email, rather than a URL.

Any limit to how many candidates can be sent in? I'm in the mood to write lots. XD
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Yeah, I know about Tzen-garh's link. I keep forgetting to change it. >.>;
Candidates...I don't know. Kinda depends on the number and sizes of the clutches really. You can send in a lot, but don't expect more than two or three at the most to bond from the first few clutches.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yaays :D

Wow my two girls are sure having a TON of offspring :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Well, tending closer to the traditional-ish dragons, I kinda assumed they'd have larger clutches. But hey, that just means more to go around, neh?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

he he WHEEEE! *armflails*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Clutches open! Finally found a decent way to scan pics that doesn't take forever to clean up. They look so much better. :)
See first post.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I have a question - is there a limit to how many characters there can be in a story?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

In the story? No. How many sent at the same time? Well, see my answer to Dray above.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Referring to in the story =P Because my story for one candidate turned around, giggled, blew me a raspberry, and took off running with a bunch of minor characters and said, "They're important tooooooo!"

They'll get their own sections (mostly because many of them only touch briefly on the main character's story) of course, but still..
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Yeah, that's fine. :)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Heeeee that first one is PERFECT for one of the Childcare people I made a while ago.

Your name: Shard
Your e-mail: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com
Character's Name: Phyrtana
Character's Race: Mage - orca animagus gendershifter
Character's URL: http://www.geocities.com/carramba_high_ ... ldcare.htm
her page specifically will have any results on it.
http://www.geocities.com/carramba_high_ ... c-phyr.htm
Character's Gender: Female, male when wet
Bonder or Sponsor?: Bonder I think
Clutch preference?: Tigolith x Raevale
Other preferences or comments: no clue what to expect, but expect a life of crime at the seaside :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shard!

Raevale's eggs were clustered at the edge of the beach, and she lay half-in, half-out of the water watching over them carefully as Phyrtana approached. Two or three had hatched already, and one of these was flopping around its mother on flipper-like feet. When it saw Phyrtana, it hopped over to her curiously and blinked up at her with huge, swirling eyes. Phyrtana couldn't help but smile.
Hello! the hatchling, a female, chirped brightly. My name's Feresa. What's yours?
"Phyrtana," she replied.
Feresa bounced about in childish glee a bit longer and then said, I wanna go back to this Carramba High place with you! I can be useful to you, really!
Phyrtana laughed. "Yeah, okay, why not?" She patted Feresa's dark grey head.
Yay!

Name: Feresa
Race: Pernese/Dolphin dragon
Color: Grey-grey (Pygmy killer whale)
Size: 18' long
Abilities: Telepathy, teleportation
Personality: Feresa is not unlike a child herself. With an innocent and carefree attitude, she's more interested in what's going on around her than actually doing what she's been told to do. She is very easily distracted, and probably won't be very responsible as she grows up, which won't be very good for the thieving career, but at least she'll be able to keep the kids entertained.
Notes: They need to be near water, and they're quite honestly happier in the water than out, but they can hop around on the land with their flippers, like a sea lion.
Bond: Phyrtana

(Also, the adult images go out two weeks after the babies.)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

heeee! excellent!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shard! You can has an adult. :P

I haven't gotten any other applicants. This makes me sad (and bored). :(
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Meow. Sorry. I've been working on stuff, but have been eaten alive by classes.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ooh! Awesome!!

I'll get that up asap, and I'm going to have to arrange for some others :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

D: My candidates got stalled out; I will get working on them again as soon as all of my deadline-stuff is out of the way!

omfg, seal-dragon. XD Kitsu, you rock!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay!!

Your name: Shard
Your e-mail: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com

Character's URL: http://www.geocities.com/t32rf/dragons/pack.htm
All characters: Clutch preference?: - NO preference, if you find them best for one later on that's fine, or ones now. If they wind up all getting something now and you will be needing more bonders/sponsors, I will definitely make some more (possibly even from the same classroom lol)

Character's Name: Iokua
Character's Race: human/mage (animagus weasel)
Character's Gender: Male
Bonder or Sponsor?: either
Other preferences or comments: I'd like something smallish for him, aside from that, no preference. can sponsor, double, whatever.

Character's Name: Bahtyia
Character's Race: human/mage (animagus quail)
Character's Gender: Female
Bonder or Sponsor?: either, prefer bond
Other preferences or comments: female bond I think would be best.

Character's Name: Vahan
Character's Race: human/mage (animagus gorilla)
Character's Gender: male
Bonder or Sponsor?: either, probably sponsor
Other preferences or comments: he is very adept at collecting friends and people to his side, even if he's a bit scary himself.

Character's Name: Zvonko
Character's Race: human/mage (animagus wolf)
Bonder or Sponsor?: probably sponsor, probably multiple if possible or desired
Other preferences or comments: he's very, very pack-minded. he can't stand to be alone any length of time, and spends as much time as humanly possible with other people.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shard!

Here's Bahtyia's dragon; the others will have to wait, since I have to finish up at least two more clutches before giving any of those out.

Ainkar Jariane's long body was curled around her clutch when Bahtyia approached the hatchlings, but she looked at the quail-shifter calmly and gave a slight nod of her head.
Several exuberant hatchlings ran up to her immediately, all of them shooting questions at her and jostling each other, but one particular hatchling stood out to Bahtyia.
She was a little female with rather plain brown feathers, and she hung back from the group a bit, but it was clear she was not shy, just a bit calmer and more patient. She gave a toothy smile, and Bahtyia knew this was the one for her. "My name's Chibirias, Bahtyia!"

Name: Chibirias
Race: Winged Snake Demi-god/Crow-dragon
Color: Brown-Yellow
Size: 24'
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Telepathy, Teleportation, Very long-lived (1000s of years), Major Powers over Rock and Earth
Personality: Usually friendly and cheerful, with an upbeat, optomistic personality, just as long as you don't get her mad, because she turns into a raging demon when her extremely long patience runs out, and only her bond has any sort of control over her then. She is otherwise a stable and sensible dragon.
Notes: Sort-of demi-gods in the same way Kukulcan is sort-of a snake-god. Very powerful in their element(s) and long-lived, but otherwise mortal. The kids all possess a mask that they wear as they get older. The gems on their foreheads and bodies indicate their elements, and their big feathery wings grow out from the rainbow bands on their back.
Bond: Bahtyia
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

EEEEEEEEE gawd how cute is she!!

Thank you! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay.... moar. :) I'm sorry I'm hogging them but... folks, send those candidates!

Your name:
Your e-mail:

first 2
Character's URL: http://www.geocities.com/usagi_shimai/sean-10.htm

Character's Name: Ryokai (Kai)
Character's Race: Usagi (bunny-human-mage)
Clutch preference?: no preference
Other preferences or comments: he'd be okay with a female, prefer not 'dark/evil' or mean dragons though

Character's Name: Ryoshin (Shin)
Character's Race: Usagi (bunny-human-mage)
Bonder or Sponsor?: either, probably sponsor because she's big on families
Other preferences or comments: nothing really evil or mean, even though she's a natural necromancer she's not into 'dark' stuff

4 more
Character's URL: http://www.geocities.com/usagi_shimai/critters.htm

Character's Name: Dosea
Character's Race: Usagi
Bonder or Sponsor?: bonder
Other preferences or comments: something small might suit her best

Character's Name: Ui
Other preferences or comments: he's big. he's burly, he's got a hick accent. :) What matches him? I dunno!

Character's Name: Brycalla
Other preferences or comments: something flashy?

Character's Name: Chrin
Character's Race: Usagi throwback (human appearance)
Other preferences or comments: maybe something which has magic he can enhance?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Chibirias is up :)

http://www.geocities.com/t32rf/dragons/pack2.htm Only a short story since there are probably going to be a few more on the way at some point.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I'll try to come up with one or two chars. for you. Or... can they already have bonds?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Bonded charries are fine.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shard!

Here's your adult for Chibirias. :)

I've actually finished two more clutches, but seeing as I've only given out two dragons so far, I'd rather wait until some of these are out of the way before opening those. So, send candidates (Other than Shard)!

Also, I think instead of a two week break between stages, I'm just going to give out the adults as soon as the hatchlings are paged. It should go a bit faster that way.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well at least this way people have seen what they might expect a little :)

*nudges the whole board* come on! :( pretties!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Over break I'll actually have some sort of time to write, so yeah...

Post by Guest »

I was actually about to send something in last night, but I wasn't sure- are storybits required?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Nope. Stats pages are perfectly fine--except for Bete's kids, actually. Seeing as she (and a few others) have so few cubs to begin with, and I figured they'd probably be popular, I do want a little more effort for those. But for the majority of the clutches, stat page characters are fine. ^.^