Clan Akelara -- Briski's clutches hatched!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Yay! *gives StarFyre a cookie*

Uh oh, I'd gives you a cookie, but I eated it. ;_;

Seriously though, I'll be looking forward to updates, but take your time and school comes first. There was just a tiny part of me that was worried you'd forgotten the clutch or been eaten by school, so I just wanted to give a friendly poke. =)

Also, I'd assure everyone I don't talk like that in real life, but... lolcat is a brain-eating virus delivered in the form of cute-captioned cats, I swear.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ooooh, cryptography? Neat!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Then I eated yyoouu *chases Keilin* Come baaack lil nom!

Well, I haven't been killed by school yet, and I may or may not be killed this semester. I'm only taking four classes, instead of five, so I'm not going to over-over loaded like I was last semester (that, and I don't have Work-work/job-work to deal with as well), thank the abyss. I'm mostly just at the point of settling in and making sure I know where everything is and all.

That, and I've been investigating cryptography, since I'm finding that I actually really, really like the field so far. We'll see how I like it at the end of the semester.

Post by Guest »

Crypto is made of win. I very badly wanted to go into that, but my brain is not wired quite well enough to pick up tonal differences that are necessary for the linguistics courses that were prereqs for that sort of thing. <3 Total good luck investigating. <3 I'll sit over here shredding cryptograms from the newspaper in my sleep. Ah, single substitution... XD;;

Also, though I missed the deadline for these, I totally look forward to seeing all the shinies. :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

aoeu... (for those of you not in the know, that's asdf's Dvorak brother =P)

I thought you might all like to know this...

Briski's clutch is hatched!

The hatching is here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/akelara/hatching4.html
The pickup is here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/akelara/h4result.html

Enjoy!

.... I now have no clutch backlog left. What a strange feeling.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

WHEEE! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Wow, gorgeous stuff, Starfyre! 8D I knew his offspring would be too-cool-for-school!

Post by Guest »

:O :O :O :O

OOooooo those babies are GORGEOUS. Definitely worth the wait! Great job on the colors!
(And wow, my namesake character finally bonds. A story from 2004. Back when I actually had free time. -fantasizes-)

-saeri
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hey, trying to figure out - how long between when the Element/Season hatchlings hatched, and Briski's, and how long will they take to reach adulthood? I'd like to make sure I don't screw up the Element Gals page with putting an adult up before it's correct in-story.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

ICly, it's about three to four months between the hatching of the Season clutch and the hatching of Briski's.

Pureblood Myrsilkains attain their full adult size by four years...
Hathians are considered adult after three years...
I don't think Mystic and I ever determined how long it took for Loekairii to mature...
Ohrazah is another unknown...
Raindraught is... well, I forget how long it takes for Vella Crean dragons to mature -- 3 to 4 years maybe? -- and Whorlings are random..
Same deal with Nauji

So, I'd say, in general, around three and a half to four years will see all hatchlings from Briski's clutch mature to adult-hood.

Now, if anyone can dispute my numbers, I'll gladly go with that -- the Myrsilkain blood is present at 1/4th in these babies, so if there's enough "quick maturing" blood everywhere else, that number could be less.

... And that was a nicely long-winded answer to your question, Shard. Sorry about that.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

No, that's fine! Excatly what I wanted!

Now, I *have* the adult for Weronika's dragon but I'm going to want to refrain from putting it up until the others pair, and they can all have adults pretty much at the same time, even though Briski's are all adult images already, if that's okay?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

That's perfectly fine. You just exist as a Nexus staple, so I have no fear of losing track of you =P
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Whoa, how did I manage to lose track of this thread AND not notice the hatching...

*hugs Teminarli* She's blue. Light blue even, which makes it even better. And all kinds of icy gorgeous, not to mention a perfect complement to her mother's personality.

Speaking of which, the hatching was adorable (especially Saeri's bonding), and I thought Nauji's snippets were very well done. Pretty much how I could imagine her acting. =)

Now I just need to figure out how to incorporate Temi' into the catdragon mob at some point. Paging first though.