Clan Akelara -- Briski's clutches hatched!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Clan Akelara -- Briski's clutches hatched!

Post by StarFyre »

All gone. Nothing left. StarFyre, for once, has NOTHING on her plate.

Briski's hatching is here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/akelara/hatching4.html
Pickup is here: http://www.silveredmagic.com/akelara/h4result.html

.... My this feels wierd.
Last edited by StarFyre on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ah ha ha ha ha! XD Awesome! I'm'a write up a bonder right now -- just have to get off of work to page them!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh my god, Selampotatos :D

Anything specific in mind for these?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Nothing, really. They can be bonded, or sponsored. But they're small, and none are likely to be taller than a foot at the shoulder. People who've already bonded a dragon can stand for a second bond (as Selverat found out. Hah! Poor boy thought he was safe because he already had a bond).

So, really, anything goes.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh gads, not the Selampotatoes! Just when I thought I was safe! XD

(Major disclaimer: not a bash on the clutch! Just an oooooold joke. XD)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yay! Then I think I have the perfect one!!

http://www.geocities.com/kshau_furries/dd-rukels.htm

Rachel the Dryad rukel! Click her link to get to her page. There's not much of a story but I think it will probably do just fine for these little guys!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*Snickers* Unfortunately, they more carry the name than the appearance. Well, and the cuteness. The eeeeebbbbiiilll cuteness.

Run Phe, run! The Selampotato babies are out to geeeeeettt yyyooouuuu.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Xenoqueen wrote:Oh gads, not the Selampotatoes! Just when I thought I was safe! XD

(Major disclaimer: not a bash on the clutch! Just an oooooold joke. XD)
BWAAAAHHHAHAHAHAH!!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

THAT'S SO OLD OMG! XD Yay, thanks for posting that, Phe!
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

oh man, for plot reasons I would love to have one of my guys sponsor one.

I think it would be entertaining if Galileo sent his son Cerberusto bring one of these guys back to the dragonry.

Post by Guest »

Hmm... I still need to update his history but here's Monomezurashii. I'll update his history tomorrow.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Rawr... so eerily cute, as a 'potato should be. *grins* Now which Selampotato do I send to sponsor a half-sibling...

Well, it seems like Blue Lagoon is the ringleader of my 'potato duo. So shall he sponsor. ^^
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

My little repressed Danachian Han would like to bond or sponsor one of the little ones! Pref sponsor but if the little one want's to bond he's more then willing to.
Last edited by Midori on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

W-ow those went fast! Dray, I reserved one for you, since you mentioned an interest.

Since those went that fast, I'll leave it open a bit more -- I have three babies that I had colored and saved as "play test" of sort, just to see what combinations I could do. I don't think the colorations are hideous so I'll let them go out into the wide world as well.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Yay! I had time to get someone up for this :D

Wintery Song
Bond, if possible :D
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Hatching: Tek-lia x Sake Selampotato ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sestral raised her head tiredly, disturbed by the comings and goings at the tiny sands near the entrance of the main sands. She'd been waiting so long... but so had the little one. Perhaps this signaled that her own brood would be hatching soon as well.

Meanwhile, at the tiny cubby that Tek-lia had waddled into what seemed like ages ago, the tiny Schattarneki stood proudly to one side, occasionally nuzzling the tiny green and blue hatchling that had hatched first.

The tiny hatchling chirrupped, then looked over at Selverat, "I'll go with you, okay?" The little one squeeked as Selverat lifted her up gently in a palm, then grinned brightly at him, "I'm Ara-teli."

Selverat sighed, then gave Revent a pleading look. "I didn't sign up for this."

"The hatchling's choice is always right," Revent grinned toothily, "I suggest you get used to it."

Ara-teli giggled, then ran up Selverat's arm to perch on his shoulder, "My siblings will hatch soon. Shouldn't you gather the candidates?"

Name: Ara-teli Selampotato
Color: Green-blue
Abilities: Breath weapon: Burning mist; Telekinesis; Water magic
Bond: Selverat
Height at shoulder as adult: 8 inches

Selverat herded the hastily gathered candidates towards the mini-sands, his new bond insisting on remaining perched on his shoulder like some strange bird. He'd find it adorable... if it wasn't him trying to find his footing after bonding a second... dragon? Could these things be considered dragons, even?

He made sure to hang back when they got near the sands - tempt fate? Him? Only on days when it suited him... otherwise known as days when fate hadn't already put the jump on him.

Ara-teli giggled, as if she knew what he was thinking.

Several of the eggs had already hatched, their contents romping around the unhatched eggs, playing hide and seek, pounce the tail... anything and everything their young minds could think up while they waited for their new friends to show up.

A bright red hatchling was tussling with a deep blue and black hatchling, their friendly scuffling bouncing them around into the three unhatched eggs, knocking one over and out of the mini-sands with their sheer energy.

Rachel, Dryad rukel, shy little rukel, suddenly darted forward through the gathering of other candidates and curled up below where the egg would land. And land it did, in pieces, the little green, brown, and white hatchling spilling out and looking about in shy fascination, before turning her attention to the one who'd caught her.

"You, I go with you," whispered the little one. "I'm Lya-sel."

Rachel nodded, and stood carefully, letting Lya-sel grip onto her fur. Once she was sure the hatchling was secure, she turned and slunk off - there were too many eyes on her to let her meet her new bond comfortably. She'd find somewhere else.

While all eyes had been on the rukel and her new bond, the red and dark blue had broken apart, ears back as they slunk towards those who would be their bond or caretaker. Their mother looked on with resignation.

The red rose up on his hind legs, pawing at the leg of the man standing just outside the mini-sands, "Cerebus... Cerebus, take me home with you. Please?" The red looked nearly dejected at the thought of being left behind, until Cerebus knelt and lifted the tiny hatchling up in a hand.

"What's your name?" Cerebus asked, running a finger lightly over the hatchling's head-fluff.

"Anderyn."

"Alright then, let's get you fed, then we can go back."

~~~~~~~~

Shard! Rachel's bond:

Name: Lya-sel Selampotato
Color: Green-brown
Abilities: Breath weapon: Cone of Fog; Telekinesis; Chameleon magic (ability to hide anything or anyone that she wants, as long as the object or person isn't too large)
Bond: Rachel
Height at shoulder as adult: 9 inches
Personality: A bit shy, Lya-sel is still willing to take a breath and dive into situations that would have Rachel shivering in terror. She can't stand it for long, of course, and prefers the quiet company of her bond over others, but she'll willingly play Rachel's link to the world if Rachel wants her too.

Cy! Cerebus' sponsorling:

(image is misnamed, I know, I accidently put bond instead of sponsorling)

Name: Anderyn Selampotato
Color: Red-black
Abilities: Breath weapon: Burning mist; Telekinesis; Flame magic
Sponsor: Cerebus
Height at shoulder as adult: 12 inches
Personality: Anderyn is rowdy, rambunctious, and adventurous. He'll do something just because he was told not to, and not care about the consequences unless someone gets hurt - or almost hurt - because of his actions.
Last edited by StarFyre on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh thank goodness. XD I had the story half-written at the work desk but then got swamped with work. Go figure, eh?

O.o I can't believe everyone else wrote up a story that fast... or did we not have to write them ahead of time? *blink*
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Anderyn's personality is perfect for the part I wanted for him! Thanks Starfyre!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Some people just handed stats to me, or already written short stories -- though I do prefer stories, even if they don't involve the Clan. It makes it easier for me to work with, and will often mean that I'll put more thought into what I hand out, because I'll have a better concept of what to work with.

The next clutch I do will require a story, even if only two to three paragraphs involving the character and a mention of the Clan.

Look for more in a short while. I have a break until 1 PM now, so I'll get at least one more set of two up and out.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Eeee perfect! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

((Trying this again, since my school kicked me offline for some reason.))

The deep blue hatchling perked back up almost instantly - or at least as soon as his mother's attention was off of him. With a happy chirrup, he trotted across the mini-sands and towards the candidates, to sit proudly in front of Monomezurashii.

"You, me, adventure." He grinned, ears pointed forwards, entire focus on the rukel. "Sound good?"

M'urashii chuckled, "Sounds good."

"Good!" The hatchling sprung to his feet, trying to simultaneously control himself and prance his joy, and instead just stumbling over his paws and going nose-first into the sand. When he finally straightened his limbs out and got himself up again, he shook himself off, then went on as if nothing had happened. "I'm Holyllic!"

The relative silence following M'urashii and Holyllic's departure was broken with a loud, childlike shriek of...

"Bbbbrrrooootthhheeeerrr!"

Followed by a citrus-y green-yellow blur that resolved itself into a hatchling only upon collision with the - rather surprised - Blue Lagoon. The collision sent the poor Selampotato-Zalor hybrid head over tail from the sheer kinetic energy of child. (Now if only that energy could be harnessed for good use, as opposed to surprising half-brothers, imagine the possibilities!)

"Brotherbrotherbrother! I'm Xel-ist! What's your name? How many other brothers do I have? Huh? Huh? Huh?!"

Blue Lagoon shook his head, trying to make sense of the speed-chatter that Xel-ist was babbling. Finally, he sighed, took her paw, and led her off. Maybe being somewhere else would quiet her down enough to make sense of her... maybe...

~~~~~~~~

Ryuu! M'urashii's bond:

Name: Holyllic Selampotato
Color: Blue-black
Abilities: Breath weapon: Burning Mist; Telekinesis; Farsight (ability to 'see' distant places)
Bond: M'urashii
Personality: Holyllic is torn -- on one hand, he wants to present a dignified, cultured appearance to the world, but on the other, there's so much to see and do that he can't help being excited about everything he sees and everything he wants to see. Maybe as an adult he'll find a happy medium, but for now he's more likely to trip over his own paws in the attempt to do both.

Keilin! Blue Lagoon's sponsorling:

Name: Xel-ist Selampotato
Color: Citrus
Abilities: Breath weapon: Burning Mist; Telekinesis; Enhanced Speed
Sponsor: Blue Lagoon
Height at shoulder as adult: 9 inches
Personality: Xel-ist is a hyperactive, rambunctious, excitable bundle of citrus colored fur. It's like she's trying to make up for the entire Selampotato family, and especially their father, Sake. Getting her to calm down is a trick in and unto itself -- keeping her calmed down an entirely different one.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

(These guys are cute. XD)

I have my story written up in googledocs but need to find somewhere to set up my computer (working of of JKat's while she hogs the sick bed. XD) so that I can paste it to HTML! :O Sorry for the wait!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Lya-sel's up on Rachel's page :) So sweet!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

My char has a bit of story now - I'm still working on it, but I wanted to let you know it was there!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Here's me story:

http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bonds/pix01.htm

Feel free to make of it what you like and bond who you feel like. :D There are two characters, but the focus on this chapter is on Fi. X3

Post by Guest »

:o OMG, Holyllic is so kawaii! And I love that he's blue. *snuggle* I'll get him up as soon as I can. ^_^
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Everyone sighed in relief when the hyperactive hatchling was led off the sands -- since when was a Selampotato hyper after all? -- and looked for the next adventuresome hatchling.

Not that there were many left -- two eggs were still unhatched, and two hatchlings were playing tag the tail around their mother's paws.

"Yyyooouuu ccaaaannn'tt seeeee meeeee!" Came a tiny voice from... somewhere. Like promised, no one could see the baby.

With a shrug, the remaining candidates looked back at the two hatchlings. One of which had broken off playing and was advancing with purpose towards the small group. Her sibling, though, thought this was a wonderful opportunity, and pounced upon her back, making her squeak in protest.

"You're all blind!" Came the voice again, this time followed by a laugh. Was it coming from... the candidates themselves? Han's eyes were puzzled, and he looked around, confused. The voice sounded so close...

Back on the sands, the pale blue hatchling had pried herself free of her excitable sibling and finished advancing, "Wintery Song, will you be my bond?" The hatchling asked in mock seriousness.

"I will." Wintery Song replied, a smile on her face as she reached to lift the hatchling up, "And your name is?"

"Nemi-si!" She replied with a laugh, dropping the serious attitude, "I'm Nemi-si!"

"And you're all still bllliiinnndd!" Chimed the voice again.

Han narrowed his eyes and lowered his muzzle, to be rewarded with a shriek as a bright pink -- pink! -- hatchling tumbled free of his muzzle and landed on the sands.

"Aww! No fair!" the pink hatchling groused, ruffling his fur and wing-stubs in childish indignition. "You weren't supposed to do that, Han!"

The Danachian eyed the hatching, "What's your name?"

"Valane."

It took a moment, but the general theme of the rest of the clutch filtered through.

"You're male," Han spoke. A statement, not a question.

"Mhhmm." Valane casually brought a paw to his mouth and gave it a swipe with his tongue.

"You're pink," Han continued.

"Mhhmm." Valane put the paw down, grinning brightly up at Han, "You got a problem with that?"

Han blinked. Did he? He didn't think he did. Should he?

Valane grinned wickedly, vanishing from his spot on the ground and reappearing wrapped around one of Han's horns. "Then off we go, into the wild blue yonder! On, my daring companion! To the future!"

Han sighed, then shook his head carefully and turned to move off, intending on finding food for Valane.

The one remaining hatchling, cheated of her siblings, had found a new fascination. One about six inches tall and with gossamer wings. Which wasn't paying attention to her, as she crept through the sands on her belly. Once she was close enough, she leaned forward...

... and touched the little person between the shoulder blades with her nose.

The little person squeaked.

The bright blue hatchling giggled.

"You're my size!" The hatchling poked at the little person with a paw, "I'm Enna-kett, and you're my bond now."

Fi blinked, bond? What? Agate only grinned.

~~~~~~~

Jess! Wintery Song's bond:

Name: Nemi-si Selampotato
Color: Bleached Blue
Abilities: Breath weapon: Cone of Fog; Telekinesis; Ice magic
Bond: Wintery Song
Height at shoulder as adult: 11 inches
Personality: Nemi-si is a good natured dragoness, able to take a joke, laugh, and keep right on going. She'll act serious at times, but that's usually all it is, an act. She's easy going and given to smiles and laughter - an all around pleasant girl to be with.

Midori! Han's sponsorling:

Name: Valane Selampotato
Color: Bright Pink
Abilities: Breath weapon: Cone of Fog; Telekinesis; Teleportation mastery (able to move himself or other objects small distances in an eyeblink, with perfect accuracy)
Sponsor: Han
Height at shoulder as adult: 10 inches
Personality: Valane is pink. He knows. Now stop giggling over a pink male and get on with worshipping his greatness. Seriously though, being pink doesn't bother Valane in the slightest, he's easy going, likes pulling a prank or two when possible, and always looks on the bright side of life. Which often includes him. Man is he a bright pink. Giggle.

Dray! Fi's bond:

Name: Enna-kett Selampotato
Color: Bright Blue
Abilities: Breath weapon: Cone of Fog; Telekinesis; Air magic
Bond: Fi
Personality: Responsible only as far as she absolutely has to be (which is usually more responsible than Fi... Enna-kett is cursed with a bit more of a conscious than the pixie is), Enna-kett loves adventure, exploration, and having fun. Especially having fun. Even if it's at the expense of her bond and her bond's friend, Agate. She'll usually include them in the fun though - everything is better with willing participants, after all.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Bua ha haha! Cute! :D Thanks so much, Starfyre!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Awwwww, so cute! XD I'll have little Nemi-si up shortly!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Enna-kett is up!

http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... i.htm#enna

:D Thanks again, Starfyre!