So I'm magical now. :)

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

So I'm magical now. :)

Post by Shard »

I am on the Alivan's website list, so I get their emails and such... And a couple days ago I was digging through that email addy and found a link. Though the sale they were having was on stuff I didn't need/want, I browse the site whenever I can because they've always got cool stuff on it.

Like this:

... Yes, I own that wand now. It came in 2 days, which was nice. It's 15" long, and very light weight. I love it... it's totally "mine".

Weird thing is, because of my wrists, it's hard to "swish and flick" very easily in both directions.

So holding it the way Voldemort does in the movies is actually *much* more comfortable... Looks ghey, but is actually rather interesting... Kinda like learning how to use chopsticks properly. :D

Praise me. My 90 bucks was well spent.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

WoW! What kind of wood is it made of? I'm guessing... Ebony and Birch. I've visited their site and the wands they have are cool. If I had money to spare, I'd probably buy a wand of my own.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

They call it "tulip wood" but I've never really heard of it.

http://www.exotichardwoods-southamerica ... ipwood.htm

It's really pretty. :) Ebony and Tulipwood, nice combo. I liked this design better than the one right next to it, it's a Solitaire, so it'll be the only one of it's kind in this design.

I was wanting to ask them if they custom made wands with wood you could send them, I wanted a Eucalyptis/Manzanita one, but I don't even know how that would look let alone whether it's legal to get manzanita outside of the state. (we were told 30 odd years ago that it was endangered, but I see from wiki that that's only one breed of 60 of em.) That'd wind up being a paler-yellowish color with a vibrant red-orange grip. I might yet see if I can get myself a couple pieces of good wood and have em do one for me anyway. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Wow, that's really neat. And pretty! :)

Any photos of you with it?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Not yet, but I'm going to be heading to my office tomorrow and probably take my camera and wand with me.

Heck, I can be a Jedi Witch too, since I've got my blue lightsaber at my office :) heee.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

hee, that's not a combination seen very often!

Aw, crap, I just had to go and look at their Solitaire collection, too....... <.< This one's looking at me, but I must resist, for the sake of next semester's textbooks. :(

Post by Guest »

*praises you*
Anyway, it looks cool. I can't hide the fact that the little fantasy-obsessed girl in me would like one too :D
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

Well, might as well add to it.

I'm a admiral ninja-pirate monk-wizard. :D