Reindeer Games - Open for Candidates! - Update

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

heeee! yay! I can't wait to see these!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Misvie looked over all the reindeer and kirins who'd signed up to fly. There were quite a few more than expected, and yet, fewer of the reindeer she'd been hoping for. Still, it was a great turnout for Rudolph's frenzy. Maybe if all went well, she'd try this again some time. So many had shown up in fact, that she'd asked the one non-deer dragon who'd come if she minded sitting it out.

She didn't seem to, so Misvie declared the Games closed to new applicants. She told everyone involved when to meet at the field for the flight, and went to relax for a little while. She'd set the start for an hour after sunset, so it would hopefully make for a nice moonlit chase.

She was slightly worried about the two flightless reindeer, both males, but an odd silver dragon had shown up and said not to worry. Every one of the participants would be able to fly tonight. Misvie had never seen her before, but she seemed confident in what she was saying, so the frenzy coordinator decided to trust her.

Over the afternoon, she debated over whether or not to actually record the flight. She didn't really want to follow the fliers; partially out of respect for their privacy, such as it can be in a mass flight, and partially because she didn't want to take a chance of getting involved by accident! Finally, she made her decision, and headed out to the meeting spot. It was just about time to start!

When she got there, a few of the participants were already waiting, and it didn't take long for the others to arrive. Everyone seemed eager to begin.

"Alright, a few things before we start please. There won't be an official recording of this flight. I know this may be different than the way things are run other places, but I think this will make things easier on me with so many of you! When you're done with your flight, come let me know who caught who. You're all welcome to stay here until the eggs are laid, and even until the hatching, but no one is required to. There will be egg-sitters for any clutch whose parents have other places they need to be."

She paused, trying to think of anything else. "Well, if anyone has any questions later, feel free to ask! Is everyone ready? We'll give the girls a slight headstart," she grinned, as the females leapt into the sky. A few moments later, the males took up the chase.

Watching the flight's beginning, Misvie almost wished she'd allowed herslef to take part. But then she reminded herself that someone had to keep track of everything! She expected them to take their time, so she just leaned back and relaxed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, she had a full list of pairs. Most were going to stay, but she wasn't keeping track of all of them. Especially the males. They were free to go, as long as their partner didn't object! After a few weeks, the females began laying their clutches.

One morning, Misvie came in to see if anyone needed anything and one of the mothers called her attention. "Misvie? I have something to show you."

Curious, she approached the female, who continued. "Last night, a strange male came in. He said he'd been a part of our flight, his mate simply hadn't wanted to list herself, but she wanted their eggs to find homes with ours. I wasn't sure what you'd want to do, but I don't mind keeping them warm." She lifted a wing to show the eggs.

"Hmph, that is odd! But if you don't mind, I suppose I can't object. I'll add them to the list. Thanks for letting know, though I wish they'd come to me directly." She left to go update her announcement. It needed to be sent out soon, if they were going to get enough candidates and sponsors to take care of this mass of eggs!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Pairs!
Jaal X Usui
Hobak X Chajong
Walorden X Angel Gyfte
S'onmul X Aza'kiun
Sasum Pulgun X Blitzen
Rudolph X Cheer
Lunzar Hyperion X Darah
Frost Gyfte X Deleca
Fodyos X Halilintar
Eskuku X Jingle Gyfte
Donner X Kam'daru Uena'Aisi
Damekase X Myrrh
Beltazar X Vixen
Ranmaran X Nethinoho
Mystery Pair

For now, I'm going to say this is two babies per pair - I'll be posting the candidate form and rules in a few minutes!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Okay, candidate rules and forms!

Rules
1 - If you sent in anyone to fly, you are guaranteed a spot. There is no guarantee you'll get a baby from each of your submitted dragons (see rule 2), but I'll try to get you at least one, if you want one of your own.
2 - For now, a limit of two candidates per person. They can be any race (preferably intelligent and able to care for a young dragondeer), bonding or sponsoring candidates
3 - You can express a preference in type - kirin, reindeer, mix, winged or not (the not are extremely limited!), but you don't have to. This is also where to state if you want one of your own babies or not - you could even request a specific set of parents, but I may not be able to grant it, expecially if any particular pair gets too popular! They are deer; they can't have that many babies XD

Form
Your Name:
Character Name:
Url:
Preference for type?:
Bond or Sponsor:

Forms can be PMed or posted, either way works :D
Sorry this took so long, I had a hard time deciding on some of the pairs... that and almost half of them are already sketched out. Some were sketched before I even had all the pairs picked out!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Only two candidates so far - not going to set a deadline until I at least have enough for the babies I already have drawn.

I'll post a preview once I have one or more of them inked and scanned at least.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Can you consider the 2 pairs of kirin and dragondeer I sent to be sponsoring/bonding (one per pair I guess)? I definitely need a couple from this event :) I'll work on something new, when I'm not being retarded. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

That's no problem - did you have any preference for parentage? Or would you like to wait for a preview?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Random ones would be fine, I just need something with horns and fluff :) ... breeeeding program don't'chaknow. could be from them, or just anyone.

Do you think there's going to be a limit on candidates at all? I'm guessing no, but I dn't wanna put together a larger amount than is appropriate.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Hehehe, antlers and fluff are in abundance with these guys XD

In the end, probably not going to have a limit - there doesn't seem to be as much interest in these guys as I thought there'd be. But if for some reason there is an overflow of candidates, anyone who sent in bunches would probably end up with only some of their candidates receiving dragons, so that everyone who sent someone in could get one.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm gonna aim for six plus the two (unless you want to give me more from the other singles lol), if that's okay. Now to hit the generators...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Your Name: Kayla
Character Name: Demakase Guukan
Url: http://www.geocities.com/diwpersonas/sfpdem.html
Preference for type?: I really, really really would love one of the babies from Demakase's clutch, if at all possible.
Bond or Sponsor: Sponsor

Also, do they need stories? I might have the chance to whip one up real quick.
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Stories are not required, but I wouldn't mind reading them, if you're so inspired XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay here are my elves!

Your Name: Shard
url: http://www.geocities.com/otherforest_el ... undra3.htm

Preferences: if I can, something from varied matings that won't overlap for parentage.

Character Name: Redbloom, male
Preference for type?: any, male preferred
Bond or Sponsor: bond

Character Name: Gemstone, male
Preference for type?: any, either gender would be okay for him

Character Name: Chillwind, male
Preference for type?: any, male please, something with air/wind/cold power?

Character Name: Diving Dove, female
Preference for type?: flying please!

Character Name: Longflare, female
Preference for type?: any, big please?

Character Name: Whimsy, female
Preference for type?: any, perhaps something with bangly bits she can play with
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Okay, before I get too far into a few of these pairings - could someone point me to where the DNS dragons were given out? Only one of them has pedigree on its page, and I have no idea if the rest are related. I don't have any of them breeding together, but I want to make sure they aren't somehow related to any of the other participants!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Which dragons are you wanting info on, Jess? I probably know the answer off hand.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

These two I'm assuming come from the same clutch/breeding, as they are the same lineart, and one of them has the pedigree, but no links to the parents. I recognize one of them, purely based on the name, but I don't know the second.

Kam-daru Uena'Aisi
Aza-kiun

And these three- I'm not sure if they were a bred clutch or a giveaway, but they're all the same lineart, so I wasn't sure

Deleca
Fodyos
Demakase Guukan
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

The three Kirin dragons are from a really massive giveaway, so Nessie declares them not related.

As for the first two, yes they are related to each other.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup what she said. The first to ARE related, the last three are NOT related.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

@_o' For some reason I hadn't seen that the flight was flown!

:D I'll get my two in to you as soon as possible! ^_^

Post by Guest »

Kinda disappeared. But I want at least 1. I'll see about the second,...

Form
Your Name: Trix
Character Name: Donner
Url: http://ettinsuniverse.netfirms.com/Winged/Donner.htm
Preference for type?: Not one of his kids.
Bond or Sponsor: Bond

I'll add to the story after he impresses ^^ Maybe I'll have them do interior decorating :D
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Updates in first post!

Still plenty of spots open, by the way - didn't mention that there XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ooh you should try out your tablet! It'd be excellent practice, I think. I have nothing whatsoever against getting either a hand- or computer-colored image, on the other hand, but if you've got a tablet and aren't using it, this would be a great time to try :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Hopefully my husband's comp will accept the tablet - I just realized I've never tried it on here!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Start in with the tablet! XD There's only one way to learn th'barstard, and that's with practice!

Post by Guest »

I think Bentley could use another deery extra hand around the ranch :D

Your Name: Mud
Character Name: Bentley
Url: http://www.mudpuppy.otersi.com/bazaar/crew/bentley.html
Preference for type?: wingless?
Bond or Sponsor: sponsor
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

All the reindeers should be shedding their fur about now..

Your Name: Asha
Character Name: Auly Lakenheath
Url: http://home.windstream.net/leugers/stor ... /auly.html
Preference for type?: None
Bond or Sponsor: Sponsor

Your Name: ""
Character Name: Tilium Selamputo
Url: http://home.windstream.net/leugers/stor ... ponsd.html
Preference for type?: A wingless, since she's also got no wings.
Bond or Sponsor: Bond

Your Name: ""
Character Name: Wahni Rona'de
Url: http://home.windstream.net/leugers/stor ... ponsd.html
Preference for type?: Mmm..a Frost Gyfte-ling would be cool, since he's my dragon.
Bond or Sponsor: Either
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

Jess is this thing still going to happen? Because if it is I want to send in candidate. >.>
<.<
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

If I can find my sketches again - I had almost all the "clutches" done, but I temporarily (>.>) misplaced that sketchbook

I just found it a few days ago, and was glancing through it - if I can remember where I put it, and finish up the last sketch, I'll try to get these guys out before January... if anyone is still interested

I have like 10 different outlines, I think... gotta find that book again!

But yes, if you want one, I will definitely make an effort to finish this up and get furry deer/kirin/... something else that probably-slipped-in-with-out-my-knowing dragon critters to those who want them!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Definitely interested, since some of the breeding I'm doing with S'onmul and his brood rely on getting some of these babies. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'd like to as well. XD An anthro reindeer team of candidates might be nice! >:D
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I'm still interested!
ImageImageImage