Hello Nexus?

Sometimes you just want to express your opinions and have a healthy debate with your friends, but anything that turns into deliberate attacks/flaming will be shut down. Don't take anything personally, remember that we're all friends, and remember it's your choice if you start reading. :)

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Hello Nexus?

Post by Dray »

Hey guys, what's going on?

(I've been checking back to the board today and I don't think there's been a single post! That's scary!)

Side question; do you think that the 'only members can see the board' requirement has been scaring away more than just spam bots?
Luna
Fledgling

Post by Luna »

*flings self around Nexus* POSTEDEDED

Lawl, anyway on to your question.

Ehh, honestly I doubt it. Folks who want to find out what we're all about will join; it's not like this is a legally binding zomg eat your soul contract thing that a person can't escape. All they have to do is lose the URL. XD

Well....

Ok, so maybe it's a bit addicting.... :roll: *pats her dragons*

"If someone does not smile at you, be generous and offer your own smile. Nobody needs more a smile than the one that cannot smile to others."

Dragonriders of Pern: Legacy: Forum RPG 14th Pass Pern
Alternate Benden Weyr: Pernese Dragon Clutch on the sands! 42 Eggs
World of Eien: WIP
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It's been soooo dead :) But then that's kind of okay because it's NaNo now.

I personally liked seeing the threads, outside of being logged on. But I don't even know that there's much demand for our 'type' of adoptable or trade outside of the context we've had these years. There are still adoptable sites, and then there's the monstrosity of Neopets. I still have people occasionally ask me on my Ferilon site, "so .... what do they DO?"

I'm like..... o.0 they LOOK CUTE.

I've tried to get a few people from DA interested, and though I think one or two of them lurked I don't know that they entered ever.

Of course, lurking itself is one of those things that I don't really understand much any more. It's a subject we all enjoy, we know we don't all have to BE an artist to get dragons on pages with adoptables. But then there are like 80 thousand lurkers on the City of Heroes boards too - like, .... POST! lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

I'm a bit biased, as huge communities of people scare me XD I like smaller groups. So if it's scaring people off... so be it! >.> Then we won't turn into some monstrous adoptables site :: is heartless... hides ::

As for slowness, it has been kinda dead lately, but then, people're busy XD People're on hiatuses (hiatii?). Our usual adopters that post most regularly are all pretty much not running anything right now. Or are in the midst of getting their latest running thing up. And it's NaNo month XD But really, most people are just on hiatus or busy ^^'

And me, in particular? I'm in an anti-paging, anti-writing dry well of inspiration XP All I wanna do right now is rp, pretty much, with a little bit of arting on the side. So that's my excuse? ^^
The stupidest smart person you ever met.

Post by Guest »

I agree, it's definitely a bit dead. I hope it picks up soon though! Where is everybody? :? (Must be some after-Halloween slump XD)
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Well, I know why /I/ haven't been terribly active...for one because the only things going on have been halloween giveaways and I'm not much into giveaways...and because of some new major (potentially /very/ awesome) developments at work, I'm not likely to be around much at all...

And then of course there's the whole can't art worth a darn unless I'm left with nothing at all to do for more than two days at a time...and that even if I could art I'm physically incapable of keeping to the deadlines necessary for running actual clutches... XD

Though I have been wanting to post a huge POKE thread just to get the crickets around here to shut up... >.>
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Beetcha to it, neener! XDD

It's just been a downward trend over the past, like, year, so don't mind me with my prodding stick as I try to get people to speak up! XD
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

I actually have something I've been pondering for a while, just trying to decide the best time (for me) to set it up. And see if I can find the original write-up I made for it XD
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

::does the hiatus-with-a-life-of-its-own flail:: Nothing like being on an official break from deadlines to distract you into other projects and stuff. :P

Post by Guest »

Well I remember at the original forum I couldn't keep up with the posting. I can now though so i don't really mind ^^ I need time in between to write bonds for all those giveaway dragons lol.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Frankly, I havn't been able to do much of anything but lurk. It's hard teying to get your grades up with only two weeks left of the Tri. Heck, I don't even have a math class now until next year....

High School kills X|
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

I check in at least once or twice a day currently, and these things always go in cycles.

Currently there is a... multitude... of other "projects" I am working on or should be working on.
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Shadow wrote:High School kills X|
Indeed.

Especially if you're in marching band (like me) and are forced to neglect all your other extracurricular activities. But I lurk, I swear I do. x3 I'd never leave you guys. I'm just... rather useless at this point.

I love my band. I do. X3 It's just... overwhelming because I can't do other stuff as much anymore. In fact, I should be at band camp right now, but it got cancelled due to an electrical fire at my school. o_O Lucky?
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

This one time, at band camp.... o.o hee.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

I'm here, I'm here, I swear! XD

I've just been working on... another dragon-related project. >D Which I want y'all to beta-test for me when it's up and running... bwahaha. /hinting
Image Image Image Image
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Oooo, that sounds interesting!

Post by Guest »

I am also around and I lurk. I check out if stuff at dragonries are happening or what not. *shrugs* But yeah, for the most part, I just log in and check to see if there are any new posts. If not, then I just log out. And it's a bummer because I'm busy with work. And now, I'm busy with finishing the pages for my recently acquired hatchlings. *goes to work on her web site.*
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I already said what's keeping me away in the absences thread. I think we'll begin to see more activity once November's over, with several people doing NaNo. I do have some plans I want to do, but I don't want to get bogged down with it during NaNo, so...
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
leilay
Hatchling

Post by leilay »

Don't get me started on excuses, because I can make them plenty. ;) Nano is killing me as well as a photography deadline.

Then there's the whole chasing a toddler thing... ;)

I figure it's a busy time of year for the students (I remember getting plenty of projects around US Thanksgiving) and a temporary lull.

I've even thought of putting something together for a giveaway, but my scanner is busted. Maybe after the photography deadline I'll get to it. :)
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I'm still lurking. Not that I give out much stuff via the Nexus to begin with. Health issues are annoying me (stupid wraps are shifting to my ankles, and I can't get them rewrapped until Monday. My upper calves are never going to shrink at this rate...)
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

school's making me a work and sleep machine. I'm also kind of smelly at writing so setting up candidates and websites takes me 3x longer.
I want a free weekend i want a free weekend i want a free weekend ._.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*usually doesn't even check the debate forum, as she dislikes debating in general, but curiosity wins out this time*

Yeah, I lurk too. Mostly, I'm either waiting for -someone else- to do things, or for more people to participate in the things that I do. ^.^; So if there's no little eggs lit up, I'm liable to just hang around all day and wait. Especially if there's something that I'm -reallyreallyreally- looking forward to, like the Halloween stuff.

That and, as other people have already mentioned, NaNoWriMo eats up time and energy like there's no tomorrow. >.>;

As for the 'members only' thing, it's possible that it's keeping people away. Personally, I'd be too shy to just go ahead and make myself an account just to see what goes on. *shrug* I had alot of trouble with bots at my board, too (getting up to ten/fifteen per day x.x) so I had to do something to keep them away, too. Closing my board didn't work at all (ended up with over 300 bots by the end of two months that I had to delete), but if it works for this one... *'nother shrug* I guess it's worth it? Bots are -evil-. And I kinda agree with Caco: the larger communities sorta scare me, too. o.o 'S part of why I don't really check the Orchard much any more.

Things will probably pick up, if not in December (because of all the fun family-type stuff that happens in Dec), then at least by January. I hope. For me, at least, next year should see a lot more free time to do stuff.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Guest »

What is NaNoWriMo? *goes back to lurking* *Jaws Music*
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

panserbjorn wrote:What is NaNoWriMo? *goes back to lurking* *Jaws Music*
http://www.nanowrimo.org ^.^
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Guest »

Oohh, cool! Thanks Unyko!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup - it's a consuming effort. .... I'm 17k into my work this year. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com