Conference

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xalia
Great Wyrm

Conference

Post by Xalia »

I'm going to be MIA for a couple days. Have an out-of-town conference to go to (all expenses paid, woot!) for work. So I'll be gone all day tomorrow and most the day Tuesday.

Wish me luck getting there... >.> Stupid tires on my car have been malfunctioning and the ride I lined up hasn't called to confirm as expected yet... XP
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Luna
Fledgling

Post by Luna »

Ack! Good luck Xalia!

"If someone does not smile at you, be generous and offer your own smile. Nobody needs more a smile than the one that cannot smile to others."

Dragonriders of Pern: Legacy: Forum RPG 14th Pass Pern
Alternate Benden Weyr: Pernese Dragon Clutch on the sands! 42 Eggs
World of Eien: WIP
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hope you got there!! :/ Have fun!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I made it there, almost panicked trying to get back but now I'm home!

Conference was fun and now I have arsenals under my belt to use for confronting my fellow teachers about why we /must/ update the program! Muahahahaha!

XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

....ooooooh good luck with that :)

If you're trying to change things, start with the admin. Once you've got a good ear there, they can pretty much just..... force things. Or at least, that's how it works in the districts here lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Yeah, well, I've got /one/ administrator on my side at least (she gave me a ride home today and we got to talking about what needs to change), but the problem will be the more senior members of the staff and convincing the district office to give us the funding we'd need to make the changes that need to be made...plus I'm not sure where my boss stands on making changes...rumor is she's leaving next year so I doubt she'll be too eager to implement changes...but the administrator I talked to today is my boss's boss so maybe she won't have a choice...maybe... XD *crosses fingers*
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon