No FTP and no art program...

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

No FTP and no art program...

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Make this mage... something something...

Yeah, I'm going crazy here. Anyone know of any good, easy to use, free FTP clients that I could download? Explorer does not seem to want to cooperate with me. I've got my boyfriend trying to help me, but I keep getting easily frusterated by the lack of sense this problem is making. Why does it work on one computer and no others? Why does it work when I run it through the DOS (or whatever that text only program is) program and not Explorer? If it can connect to one, shouldn't it logically be able to connect to another? Am I missing something when I type in the ftp address?

Any help you guys can offer will be much appreciated.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

I use a program I dl'd for free called FTP Commander. I like it ^^' I dunno where I got it, it was a while ago, but you could prolly google it.
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

I really miss the days when WS_FTP was a free program. *pouts*

I've been on the lookout for a free or low-priced FTP uploader myself, so if I find anything, I'll be sure to give you a head's up.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I use Smart FTP. It's free, if you don't mind the pay for reminder (which reminds you if you're using it for personal use, it's free, but please buy it for business use)

www.smartftp.com/
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

yeah smart ftp is what I use too. It's pretty easy to learn, there's actually a *good* tutorial that goes on their site.

..... WHY exactly are you using explorer? o.o
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Cause it worked on my old laptop and my dad's computer. Maybe those two were special? I dunno. It just won't work now.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I think they must have been special! I've never heard of a browser doubling as an FTP program before! Anyways, I don't think any of the mac-programs I use would be compatible, so I can't be of much use!

Post by Guest »

Actually, I think before IE 7.0 came out, the browser can be used for FTP. I know because I used it to upload pages for a site I made for my cousin. But yes, I agree with Myrror and Shard, Smart FTP is free (if used for personal purposes) and easy to use.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Hmm, I think I dismissed this one back in my unemployed/broke-as-my-childhood-piggybank days when I was looking for purely freeware programs.

I might have to give this one a try when I have a domain that supports FTP.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I use SmartFTP and its never given me any problems. a google search for free ftp client can yield some decent results too, i think.
ImageImageImage
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Still working out the kinks but...

Woo!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hurrah!! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Just for clarity's sake, Internet Explorer doesn't work for FTP, but Windows Explorer used to...I can't get it to take an address anymore so I'm not sure what's up with that... :P *shrugs* Oh well, I don't use ftp anyways... XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
simjo123
Egg

Re: No FTP and no art program...

Post by simjo123 »

FTP Manager Lite is an excellent modern free FTP and SFTP client software. The clean interface is super easy to use. It will perform your files transfers quickly and efficiently. One of the best freeware FTP clients that also supports FXP.
complete
Egg

Re: No FTP and no art program...

Post by complete »

Hello,anyone.I like the legendary animal.

Nokia X handytasche