Stardust

For general madness of any sort. Check your sanity at the door.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Stardust

Post by Shard »

I just got home from seeing Stardust...

What a beautiful movie! I have to say, casting and acting were superb. The costumery was gorgeous, as were the sets and locations (iceland... yow). It has been like 10 years since I read the comic so some of it was newer to me (I don't even recall having finished it), it wasn't 'very' predictable, and the bits which were predictable were done really well.

Definite DVD purchase. I'd pay full price to see it again.

I love deNiro. :) lol, who wouldn't. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

There was a comic? Great.... one more thing I have to go hunt for XD

But yes, it was an awesome movie :D If I can convince my husband to go, I'd love to see it again, and I'll definitely be buying it when it comes to DVD

Post by Guest »

My friend and I actually just went to see it a second time today. ^_^ We absolutely adored it and thought the casting was just incredible. Whoever was in charge of that really hit all of the characters so well.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I wish I could find more on the hottie that played Septus, because.... gawd. He's been in a ton of stuff, but he's not even really mentioned on the Stardust site - which is weird, because they have smaller or lesser important characters deteiled on the site.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

More info over at IMDB! :D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Which has in it's admonition to parents about the minimum age to see it (they say 7-8 which I agree)... they say this as an edit:

Keeping in mind, the movie's full of drug metaphor.

..... o.o really? Where? When? I noticed no such thing, not in the comic (albeit I haven't read in a long time)... >_> that's .... really something strange to say because it had *no* hint of anything like even the weird shit in Alice in Wonderland.

"Magic" maybe, even black magic stuffs, but... drug metaphor? Have I been off drugs THAT long to not have noticed? o.0 I say again o.0?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com