Comic Species contest

For contests and challenges, free for all to join and create.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

zelda324
Egg

Comic Species contest

Post by zelda324 »

Hi there. I am Zelda324 or otherwise Zelda^^ I know I am new to posting here, though I been lurking about for a very long time. I been tring to understand this board but it confused me for a while. Though hopefully I will become active here, since the art work is amazing. I am hoping to see some entries<3

I am planning on working on a comic, something I never did before though i would really love the thrill of doing something like this. I have the basic plot brewing in my head still though I need some interesting species of creatures to be the main population for my comic. Instead of using humans for a comic I am going to use animals of sorts. I wish not to spill the plot yet, for i will work on the comic, and they will be featured on a website that I will make and be posted here and all over.

Now here is the fun part, creating the creature. Now you are absolutely free to make up WHATEVER you want^_^ You have no boundries to follow just make up a creature you see fit for a good comic. Though it may take time to draw the crit for here is one thing i would like. I may or may not accept the image if it isn't what I ask of. I will just simplely decline your entry untill you have ment the wants.
I would like a concept picture of the creature, a front, back, and side veiw. Then I would like a profile or close up of the creatures head. Also you can put in little features that the creature might have, like say the tongue is split in half or something as an example. Though if you don't have time or just can't get the concept part down then you can provide a full body picture. That would be nice.
It will be noted that the creature was created by you and must not be stolen so you will get credit.
You are also free to enter as many times as you want.

Now what do you get for entering and winning 1st place
~Your creature's will be featured in my comic, and will be the main population.
~A free drawing of anything you wish by me. It can be something made up, your fursona, a creature that I adopt out. Eldalie(Can be Rare, uncommon, or common one large mutation, or two small mutations) Or just a group picture of creatures you want together. Basically anything your mind comes up with.

2nd place winner
~ Your creature will appear in the comic and may become an important character later on
~ A limited drawing by me. Meaning that you can only ask for one character to be in a picture or a fursona. Or an Eldalie (Can be common or uncommon on simple mutation)

3rd place winner
~ Your creature may or may not play a major role in the comic, but will be featured in the comic at one point.
~A fursona drawing by me, must not be too complicated. Or a simple Eldalie (can only be common and no mutations)

Prizes for just entering will be worked out. They will be figured out soon.

If you want an Eldalie forms and information will be posted once this ends. So if you don't know what they are then you will once the contest is over^_^ Or just pm if you can't waitXD

Well I hope you have fun with this, and just let your minf run free. I hope that I am not being to difficult specially with the concept art part x.x If there are issues with that just bring it up to me and I will consider letting you enter with just a basic drawing, or we can just work things out and see how things go. But i would really really love it if you all entered the concept picture I ask of.

As to when this will close, well, we will play that by ear ok? I have this open in two other forums that are running a bit slow or are just busy at the moment. So putting a closing date would just seem silly right^^ So when I feel there are enough entries I will close it. I will also give warning to when I will start thinking about closing the contest. So if you are in the middle of working on a crit just yell at me and tell me to wait, and i will leave it open ok^_^
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hi, Zelda, welcome to the board!

I was wondering, could you post some examples of your art? I'd like to know what you're comfortable with drawing -- for example, I wouldn't want to submit a robo-shark if you're only comfortable with drawing unicorn-ponies!

Perhaps you could post an example of your Eldalie? I, for one, would like to know what is up for grabs and posting an example of one of your adoptables is a prime opportunity!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yes please what Dray said, and Welcome to de-lurking! :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
zelda324
Egg

Post by zelda324 »

Oh yes i can do that. I really have a free range in drawing things really. I am always willing to try things. Though robo crits might be a bit more difficult then the normalXD Though here is a large range of drawings that I do, along with a lot of the eldalie I did that are owned^^

Here are some random things I doodled up some random, some contest, others were just for the joy of being boredXD. Though those were from a few years ago most of them. And I would like to believe that my skills improved a bit^^;;

These are some of the Eldalie that I have. Though I will be computer coloring them from now on, once I get my tablet like stated above.^^

zelda324
Egg

Post by zelda324 »

Sorry one more lil bump, but I finally got my tablet a couple days ago. So for about two days i messed around with it and this is the first colored Eldalie. He is based off kenshin and is owned by me cause I luffs kenshinXD;;

So that is how the eldalie and all other creatures of mine will be colored from now on^_^
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Really nice digital work!!

You might want to avoid doing any copyright-based things, if you don't own the original property. Original stuff is always preferable to things that qualify even if loosely as 'fan fiction'. Fan fiction cannot be properly covered by your own copyrights, it's derivative work. So's you know :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
zelda324
Egg

Post by zelda324 »

Well Eldalie have there own thing to them, just I wanted a cosplay basically of kenshin and so i drew him upXD
Eldalie aren't based from copyright stuff. Just if people request what ever they want and its based off a character then i probably will do that. Though i will never claim the design as my own but by who created the character and such.

But thank you I am glad people are liking what I have done^^heh