Winter's Dark Heart Hatching - Memoru! Ryuu! Anyone else?

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

There's totally interest here.

Though can I write the man-eating virus as a bonder? It's been preventing me from writing. And eating, sleeping, walking around the block (much less tagging along with the guys to the mall... that was a mistake x.X), breathing without unleashing the wrath of my sinuses, and generally feeling anything other than blah.

If Shard submitted one of her virus dragons, I'm totally writing it, I swear.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Pretty sure none of the virus dragons are part of this frenzy ^^;; but feel free to write the man-eating virus up =P There's probably been odder things written out there.

(I know I wrote a zergling into a candidate once 0.o;; at Sil's prompting. And an infested terran, also at Sil's prompting...

... come to think of it, some of the wierdest candidates I've written have been at Sil's prompting. That's disturbing.)
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Sil's prompting is responsible for some weeeird stuff. XD

Totally interest here. I'm just stalled on Teliree, and she's my priority. >.> As for other candidates I could send, what's your stance on stat sheets?
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Sil's prompting is what got me where I am right now, to be honest. Which is scary. She was scary.

Stats sheets are fine, so long as I get a sense of the character out of it. At this point... I'm not going to ask for 26+ written characters out of the Nexus =P
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

:c We really need to go recruiting.
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Aye we do. But anywhere we go, we're mostly all out of place c.c;; Time seems to have moved on without us.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

hehehe I actually do need some of my Viruses to catch up with their siblings... HMMMMMM.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nobody wants to write stories anymore for shinies. It's all either collect-the-marbles (with the huge, vacant eyes to match) or role play the 'pets' which are actually human(oid) characters. XD

In any case, I've been interested from day one, but the candidates that I've started for you seem to have stalled out or disappeared somewhere! Kind of exhausted at the moment but I'm still interested!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

So what you're saying, Dray, is that we're destined to grow old and crotchety together, constantly whining about whippersnappers having no respect for the good-ol-days and no ability to put forth effort to achieve things. Right? =P
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

You are duly welcome on my lawn. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That's pretty much it! I think that some of Shard's flamingos have even migrated to my lawn!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*puts up tent on Shard's lawn, camps out* ^^ So, Shard, about that Swim, that my WDH is starting to share legendary status with...

Gods, I didn't get a picture of it, but pink flamingos showed up around Lewis Park (the apartment complex I live in currently) at random for like.. a day. Then promptly vanished again. I was like "0.o;; ohgods we're being invaded!"
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

hahahaha Awesome :)

I really should finish the Swim. >_>

And the Team clutch.

And the You Walk Into A Weyr clutch.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

And Baeris is pulling her hair out and screaming obscenities at the clutches that refuse to hatch =P

<.<;;

Wow. I just realized how old the Swim is.

I'm, uh, going to go hide in shame now, at my childish attempts to be.. cool. Or something. Ohgods make those pages go away...
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol No I had to explain to a friend of mine how old it was, he was all O_____o?

OH that's what I was doing. >_> earlier I was opening my dreamweaver up to do something and forgot what it was, and now I remember it was to make sure which viruses needed to go where... durr..
Old freakin age.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*laughs* Not sure if it makes you feel any better, but that happens to me all the time, Shard, and I'm a fraction of your age =P

To be honest, though, I'm surprised you didn't politely tell me what a cute lil girl I was, now go play over there way back when <.<;;

I'm not sure whether to be relieved or sorry that reocities doesn't have the page with the two water dragons I (made) and sent in. ...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I wasn't even around when the Swim was started.

It's like ancient history to me. XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

You're gonna get shooed off the lawn. ;)

Do you remember which ones they were? None of the pages I have actually has any links except for the candidates page (almost all of which would be null now anyway).
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Sheet, did I just date myself as older than Dray? 0.o;;

.. I thought you were a contemporary with me, Dray, but I know the Swim started a little after I first joined.

.. Now I feel old. The same way I feel old when I mention a NES (or, recently, SNES) game and people ask me what I'm talking about.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

It'd be awesome if all of the Swim dragons bonded one another and left the Nexus in a pod of aquatic version of "SCREW YOU, WE'RE GOING HOME~!" It's like they don't want to bond through the usual methods...
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hehehehe :)

There are so MANY of them though.

So. Many.

not as many as the Halloween ones or the crossgender clutch thankfully.

I was going to have people color these, maybe I should get back on that. >_>
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

WARNING: The following page is completely unchanged from the original yahoo version.

You have been warned. Thank you.

http://www.silveredmagic.com/old/waterdragons.html

Those, I believe, were mine. *hangs head in shame*

As an interesting side note, I found both those models when I was cleaning my old computer room out. Apparently, between being badly made, being ignored for years, and being in places where cats were constantly poking around, they like.. disintegrated. Poof. Pile of tin-foil, crumbling clay, and dust.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

I was around... before there was a Healing Den. Or even a Kshau Protectorate. In fact, I remember Shard before he Impressed. He and Jeremoth kicked all kinds of major ass. Certainly kicks my wannabe ass. *nods sagely*

Seriously, I can't even figure out what in the world my name is. I think I've changed it like... 4 or 5 times since this whole business started. Also, I define sitting on the porch telling stories of the good ol' days and getting all uppity when someone tells me to be productive. Keilin = whiny geezer with no life, therefore she is effectively immortal.

Also. StarFyre. That is all kinds of nostalgia-inducing adorable, both the story and the dragons. I love them both. =)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Well, I at least have it easy =P My name's always been StarFyre, I'm pretty sure. If I went by anything else, it was so long ago that I can't recall.

And... I'm... glad.. that that page and those dragons inspire something other than deep-seated squirm-in-my-seat embarassment in others. Honest. I'm glad. *squirms*
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Awww, that's too bad, I thought those were incredibly cute and unique to add to the mix :D

Hehehee They also already have colored offspring!

Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

o_o;; ..

Well, I guess they make pretty bebbies.

*grabby hands* =P
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Oh man, StarFyre, that was VINTAGE nexus! High five! XD The fact that you made sculptures was so cool. .... oh god, and you used THE SAME BACKGROUND I was going to use on my (ancient) swim candidate. XDD The exact same!

Yeah, the Swim was going to be one of the first things I ever submitted candidates to. I never finished my candidate though. Maybe I'll reuse the idea. >__> Man, were there a bunch of us who showed up around that time? I remember my first intro being the Kshau yahoo group, through Mystic, in like... 2002 I think. :D Maybe we should open up the forum to be viewed by newbies again or something? I swear, we cannot be the only people on the internet who both like to write and like to do cyberpet stuff. There's no way.

Shard, those water dragons are pretty. :D
Image Image Image Image
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I think they all turned out pretty cool, given that some of the starter dragons were ... a bit odd. Some can come out of the water, some can even fly, but many of them are manta-winged so they'd have a very tough time out of it.

>_> THREADJACK! lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

JKatkina wrote:Man, were there a bunch of us who showed up around that time? I remember my first intro being the Kshau yahoo group, through Mystic, in like... 2002 I think. :D Maybe we should open up the forum to be viewed by newbies again or something? I swear, we cannot be the only people on the internet who both like to write and like to do cyberpet stuff. There's no way.
I'm thinking it might not be such a bad idea to link to the Nexus from the main Kshau Protectorate Y!G index page, maybe with one last group reminder email. I mean, there have got to still be semi-active Kshau vets who don't know about this place... though I can imagine the swarm of mailer daemons that would plague poor Shard's mailbox. =\

Also, shiny Swim dragons are shiny. Must assemble an aquatic Wing for Corvus, yes... >.>
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

=P I have tons of vintage nexus pages squirreled away in files on my comp. Doesn't make me any less ashamed of my silly "I'm playing with the cool kids now!!!" squee-ness that infected the entire batch of them.

The swim wasn't my first, that was Kaz, of clutch 4 of the Vellacrean, who impressed Bronze Kimoth. Though I don't remember how I found the Nexus at all. And I'm kinda "yes... no... yes..." on opening the forums again -- after all, that lets spambots post (doesn't it?) but it makes us seem less like cliquey bad-guys who WANT to keep everyone out.

Shard: Yes. About one entire page worth of Swim chatter now. ... But I can gripe, because I started it.