Winter's Dark Heart Hatching - Memoru! Ryuu! Anyone else?

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

There's the five unused templates, then a couple that were only used once, so anywhere between 5 and 10, actually.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah actually the person who won Harloth did put her up. Not sure if I recall off the top of my head if we've seen them since. - on looking, the url is no longer valid because it's draconigena.sphosting But I know I've seen Serpent's Reach recently on a different directory, so I think it's still up somewhere... Unless I can't remember straight whose that is.

But in any case either way? ..... >_> The image's mine, if it's not up it reverts to me (like Pimpth did, and like a couple others did before they were eventually posted), and .... lol I say she breeds... :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD She definitely ought to at some point! Put her in the breedables database, maybe? :D

And Starfyre, I didn't realize how few were left! O.o''' I'm waiting on the genetic clutch that Feline's running before I can write more to send to you... but I might send in a backup candi' just in case that clutch takes a long time to hatch. :O
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

There's probably a few more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. On the lower end, with every base being used at least once, there are only five that haven't been handed out, but on the upper end, with every base being used twice, there are ten at the least that haven't been handed out.

And I don't mind =P This has taken so long as is, a few months more won't matter.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Dray wrote:XD She definitely ought to at some point! Put her in the breedables database, maybe? :D

And Starfyre, I didn't realize how few were left! O.o''' I'm waiting on the genetic clutch that Feline's running before I can write more to send to you... but I might send in a backup candi' just in case that clutch takes a long time to hatch. :O
Casius hasn't posted since march of last year, so yeah... Not sure what's up with that, but I'll reaquire Harloth and whatever else was from her sites until she gets them back up and relinks. :)

It's making me think of another thing to run too.... sigh.

You know (maybe you don't) that in my Ferilon farm I have "breeder's choice" offspring... it's essentially the same as the BWR or others, breeding for whatever. However, I reserve the right to use "clones" of whatever image I've created, to do so. I usually only use the abandoned ones, which haven't been updated or whatever, but in theory I'd use whoever I wish. I think Myrror used one of my whorlings in a breeding project which I was kind of surprised to see, but hey - they're her images, that's the point. (Hell, one of my first Hydee dragons from Dragonsoul before it was Dragonsoul got used as a mate before I even knew he was in the running... Ruarth, you sneaky devil!)

Anyway, that's for another thread, and possibly another decade. lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Shard wrote:Yeah actually the person who won Harloth did put her up. Not sure if I recall off the top of my head if we've seen them since. - on looking, the url is no longer valid because it's draconigena.sphosting But I know I've seen Serpent's Reach recently on a different directory, so I think it's still up somewhere... Unless I can't remember straight whose that is.

But in any case either way? ..... >_> The image's mine, if it's not up it reverts to me (like Pimpth did, and like a couple others did before they were eventually posted), and .... lol I say she breeds... :)
Well... kind of off topic but this is Serpent's Reach new link. http://www.draconigena.net/serpents_reach/ I just don't know if your dragons are there Shard. *shrugs*
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

They're not, that's why i said, her site's there, but no amount of googling has found Salax or Harloth, unfortunately. I know it was up, but I'm not certain it is now. Plus, like I said, she hasn't posted unless under a new name, since last march :/ I'm hoping she'll jump back and say hi here's the link :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

I'm glad to see this clutch is still going out. ^_^ Sorry I haven't been around lately. SmartFTP decided it didn't like me anymore so I haven't even been able to upload what I /have/ been working on to my site.

I /did/ just get a copy of PS:CS3 so we'll see if we can get me back on track, neh?
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Psst - you have dragons from the Winter Gather :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Mystic: PS:CS3 actually does work on Vista, it's fuuuuun.

Otherwise, yeah, the clutch is moving still, slowly, but still moving.

It'll get done eventually.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Shard wrote:Psst - you have dragons from the Winter Gather :)
>.> I doooo? *shuffles off to see*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey Starfyre, this is probably a silly question, but I was wondering if you had posted any offspring for Oropuiivth from this clutch? I'm repaging him and realized that he had flown a couple of dragons from this frenzy, but I'm having a hard time finding records and stuff! Any help would leave me very grateful! ^^;
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I... do not recall off-hand, seeing as I'm not currently at my main computer. I'll check that as soon as I get access to the files. I know he has children that were colored, but I don't know if they were ever given out or paged.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That would be awesome, thank you so much!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Well, figured out why you couldn't find any records of it. The first bunch of hatchlings went out via the geocities account koshikeidai which was deleted by yahoo as per their "aha, no activity, f-you!" clause.

These files may now be found in their new locations of:

http://www.silveredmagic.com/koshi/wdhpickup.html
http://www.silveredmagic.com/koshi/wdhpickup2.html

The actual hatching links off of those two pages. As you can see with a bit of scrolling, Oro has two listed offspring that went out:
Esarath (bottom of second page) - female - Dreadeth x Oropuiivith
Iligiala (second one, first page) - female - Onessa x Oropuiivith

There are, I'm sure, at least two others that were colored, one for each of those templates, but never went out, because of lack of time/attention span. It's a good bet there's more than two more, though... I remember liking both templates...
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

*sighs happy* I still love the templates you made for the WDH. :3 And I still have candidates I want to write up for it...
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*squees* I don't think I ever saw either of those pickup pages! Sateino x Sunaka was amazing! And both of Oropuiivth's offspring are paged on non-geocities pages! 8D *tiny happy dance* Thanks again, Starfyre!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Well, as I found out last night, I still have all the original scanned sketches, as well as all the psp files (since I wasn't using photoshop back then), so I can still do this pretty easily. All but five are prepped and ready to go (and thus have made an appearance somewhere), and of those five, I might end up redrawing one because it doesn't portray what I wanted it to, being one of the earlier images and thus not nearly as good as the later ones.

I find it fascinating, looking back through the WDH, how you can see this jump in quality between the art I drew first, and the art I drew last.

Now that Dray's drawn my attention to this again, I'm thinking of spending some of my enviable free time (wait, I have free time?) to catalog colored-but-not-given-out hatchlings, and also finish coloring the last of 'em, then go "HAI, GUYS! DRAGONS!" and seeing what results =P

EDIT: Sunaka x Sateino hs SOMANYWINGSOMG. That one was a pain to draw/color, as I recall =P I like the image, but OHGODS.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

*fingertaps* I'm keen to see what comes out of the pairing Cheran had that hasn't been shown yet. >D
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

That's actually the one that I want to redraw. The original artwork for that pairing was this:

Ten minutes and a digital camera later: (because the printer and scanner services aren't up and running on our home network at the moment, so forgive the terrible quality of the image itself. So difficult to take a picture of a 2D image..)

<.<;; Forgive the HUGEPAWSOFDOOMZOMG! I tend to over dramaticize paws these days in my sketches, then cut them down later for the final image. I was drawing a dragon-anthro yesterday, and a friend was like "0.o;; His feet are as big as his waist?!" Yeah.. sketch-dramatics for the win I guess..

EDIT: You can't see it too well, but the head furthest from the viewer is actually giving a toothy grin, because it insisted upon it -.-;; that head is like "Kekekekekeee, gunnagitchagunnagitcha!"
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Gaww, REDRAW AWESOME. :D Especially toothy grin!

Making paws bigger: I used to do that all the time too. :D
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Liking the redraw, too. I like the main head's horns!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

You know how annoying drawing forward curving horns are at a 3/4ths angle? AIGA! ... But I am pleased with what I did with it.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hey StarFyre, did you put the flight story, or the hatchings that have happened so far, up on your new site anywhere? I can't find 'em!
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Actually, everything but the flight story (which was eaten by geocities -- but never fear! I actually have the word doc that I originally wrote it in, so I just need to clean it back up and repost it) is online...

If you know the secret hand-wave <.<;; and.. y'know, don't mind looking at source pages to read the entire thing, because I forgot to update the html back when I was making changes to the css.

http://www.silveredmagic.com/koshi/wdhhatch1.html

That has links to everything else. And the html has been updated. Once I've got the flight story back up, I'll link everything off the dsands page on akelara.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Aha, awesome! Thank you! Actually I found the flight story on reocities after I asked, too, but if you're going to repost it, even better! :D I have to say, looking at your old layout to your new one, you are kicking ass at web design these days.

Man, I still have to send you Teliree. I'm a little stumped for what to do for her story... she's like five years old, after all, so it'd mostly be drama between Hedoro and Talitha and not much about the kid herself. I was reading over Tally's old story the other day, and a bunch of old roleplay logs with Mystic in the RP section of the forum... I wish she still hung out around here, thems was good times.
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*coughs*

Yahoo!Pagebuilder -> Microsoft Frontpage (that would be one of the iterations of Akelara, not any of the other sites) -> clumsy html, no css -> less clumsy html, css -> streamlined html, css files that do everything for me.

That was the progression. I'm sure I'm still capable of improving on the design, but this works for me. More importantly (for me), it solves the problem of the menu that moves, which had always bothered me.

And Iiii.. need to finish coloring all the dragons. Sigh. I ended up losing the sketch that I had been working on for Veridian x Cheran (and like, three other images I'd been working on, for random things). Luckily, I still have the picture that was taken of it, sooo.. I'll probably just finish it in Photoshop.

I mean, technically, in Akelara timeline, the WDH has been over and done with for several clutches by now. So... it really needs to be finished c.c;;
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

CSS: possibly the most magical webdesign tool ever. :D I like the layout you have, actually. It works AND it looks good.

I have a feeling the WDH is one of those... magical timeline-defying clutches. How many more babies do you have to give out, anyways? There were a looot of pairings in that frenzy.

That's too bad about losing the drawing. It was lovely. I'm glad you still have the photo of it!
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I think it works so well because it's slick. Visually, it resizes fairly well for (almost) any sized screen (even the tables, yay!), the background is visible, but doesn't interfere with being able to read the text (*cough* like some of the older designs.. erk..), and it "feels" coherent.

And yes, the WDH is definitely a magical timeline-defying clutch. At this point, it's about on par with the Swim and the last Flurry.

It shouldn't be too difficult to finish the sketch on the computer. I have a magical tablet PC, after all =P It makes for awesomeness.

Oh. Flight is now uploaded. http://www.silveredmagic.com/koshi/wdhflight.html

There is now also a proper link to all of that from the dsands and back. I think that takes care of everything!

As for how many still need to be hatched... ummm.. Give me a moment to count =P I'm not sure anymore.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Here's what the numbers look like so far:

* Ashypth x Korchelr -- 1
* Ashypth x Otamah -- 1
* Ashypth x Llaxaem -- 1
* Atamah x Xenydae -- 1
* Atamah x Valadaen -- 2 (3)
* Axys x Xenydae
* Dreadeth x Llaxaem -- 1
* Dreadeth x Oropuiviith -- 1
* Enyo'Vha x Kaelror
* Enyo'Vha x Seshishashir -- 1
* Onessa x Oropuiivith -- 1
* Onessa x Satieno -- 1
* Ornuth x Seshisashir -- 1
* Ornuth x Valadaen -- 2
* Sunaka x Brontinoth -- 1
* Sunaka x Satieno -- 2
* Utothas x Brontinoth -- 1
* Utothas x Cheran’khan -- 1
* Veridiain x Cheran'khan
* Veridiain x Korchelr -- 1
* Zerema x Kaelror -- 1
* Zerema x Saru
* Zhateki x Otamah -- 1
* Zhateki x Saru

I think I was originally going for two from each clutch (not sure anymore, though), but I made a third one for Atamah x Valadaen that I apparently have marked as mine.

There are 22 given (23 colored), and five clutches from which no hatchlings have been seen.

Assuming a minimum of 2 from each clutch, there are 26 hatchlings left.

Uh... >.> ... Is there any interest anymore? ^.^;; *shoves evil!hatchlings at the Nexus*