Winter's Dark Heart Hatching - Memoru! Ryuu! Anyone else?

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Winter's Dark Heart Hatching - Memoru! Ryuu! Anyone else?

Post by StarFyre »

Those Who Shall be Included in Batch Two

Dragonflight: The White King and Inyrr for the Main Clutch, and Jenai for Sunaka's.

To Be Done Later

Naeodin: Sire for Sunaka, Domain, and Stone for the main clutch
Ness: Gebann for either, Machala for either, and Tsrava for Main

Done

Memoru: Filth for Main
Shard: Inga as a sponsor for the main clutch
Houka Ryuu: Zanveldar "Blood-Eyes" Halfling for Main

Alright -- I need to know some things. Shard, I know you're still here, so I'll hatch Inga's sponsored baby -- I know Naeodin isn't often around anymore, so should I just set those aside? I'll talk with Nessie about hers when I go north next... but Memoru? Who's that? Is this person still around and I'm just too blind to see it? I know the page still works, but that isn't always a sign that someone's still around.

The Story

Selverat sighed, rubbing at his aching arm. What he had told Lenore was true - Clan Akelara did have healers aplenty - but no amount of healing magic could swiftly repair damage done by the venom of at least one particular hatchling. It seemed that the one that had attacked him had been one of the more dramatically Changed hatchlings, with venom resistant to magical healing.

He shuddered at the implication of that thought, glad that the hatchling had died, glad that none of the other hatchlings had shown that particular trait, glad, moreover, that physical Changes were rarer than the magical Changes that everyone had noticed.

But for how long?

Krethae spared him an almost pitying look, "Still hurt?" At his nod, she continued, "You shouldn't be out here. You're not the warrior I am, and--"

"I'm out here, because it's my duty. Revent and Yikaeri are depending on me to report back to them." He swept his eyes over the dark sands, noting the quivering eggs, the lack of candidates, the sheer... gleeful weight of the shadows that gathered around everything. Not even the elemental light of the Myrsilkains above them could dispel the aura.

"There's not enough candidates for the amount of eggs that are shaking," Krethae muttered, "What do those searchers think they're doing?"

Selverat shook his head, "This caught us unaware, and you know it. I gave orders to time it, as many times, as far backwards or forwards, as they can make it without going insane from the stress and the void. As long as they make sure not to meet themselves coming. I managed to recruit some Alevaharin, as well -- they can go further through time than even a Void."

"It's as if something doesn't want the hatchlings to leave..."

"Don't talk like that, Kreth. We were just busy with other things, we just let ourselves hope that none of the rest of these monsters would hatch."

Krethae sighed, "I hope you're right, Rat... I really hope you're right..."
Last edited by StarFyre on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Alright -- standard rules of candidates apply - no neon pages, no copied pages, yadayadayada. I think you all know the drill by now.

The Theme for the main clutch, which you can follow or not as you wish, is:

Clutches such as the Flurry celebrate the lighter, joyful side of winter. Yet there is a darker side that has rarely been looked at in depth. Winter is the time when the weak and unprepared die. Winter is the time when creatures become hungry and violent. Winter is the time of unrelenting darkness and blizzards that can freeze a creature solid in moments. Add this darker side into your story, in any way you desire.

The Theme for Sunaka's side clutch, which you can follow or not as you wish, is:

While winter should be a part of the story, passing reference or not, the main theme of this clutch is along the lines of Surviving Adversity.
Take that however you wish, there are a multitude of possibilties residing in those two words.

The Candidate Form

Code: Select all

[b]Candidate's name:[/b]
[b]Candidate's URL:[/b] 
[b]Candidate's gender:[/b]
[b]Candidate's species:[/b]
[b]How much can your candidate be injured during the hatching? I won't go beyond this limit:[/b]
[b]Which clutch is this candidate for, the main one or Sunaka's?:[/b]
[b]Preferred parentage/color/what-not of the bond? (this isn't a guarantee, mind you):[/b]
[b]Comments:[/b]
The Sponsorship Form

Code: Select all

[b]Sponsorer's name:[/b]
[b]Sponsorer's Url:[/b]
[b]Sponsorer's Gender:[/b]
[b]Sponsorer's Species:[/b]
[b]How much can your sponsorer be hurt during the hatching? I won't go beyond this limit:[/b]
[b]Preferred parentage/color/what-not of the sponsored hatchling? (note: Veridiain's clutch is unlike to have any sponsors at all, as she's Azon royalty.):[/b]
[b]Comments:[/b]
For a detailed list of the rules and the participants, go here: http://www.geocities.com/silveredmagic/dsands.html

The pairs are as follows:
  • Ashypth x Korchelr
  • Ashypth x Otamah
  • Ashypth x Llaxaem
  • Atamah x Xenydae
  • Atamah x Valadaen
  • Axys x Xenydae
  • Dreadeth x Llaxaem
  • Dreadeth x Oropuiviith
  • Enyo'Vha x Kaelror
  • Enyo'Vha x Seshishashir
  • Onessa x Oropuiivith
  • Onessa x Satieno
  • Ornuth x Seshisashir
  • Ornuth x Valadaen
  • Sunaka x Brontinoth
  • Sunaka x Satieno
  • Utothas x Brontinoth
  • Utothas x Cheran’khan
  • Veridiain x Cheran'khan
  • Veridiain x Korchelr
  • Zerema x Kaelror
  • Zerema x Saru
  • Zhateki x Otamah
  • Zhateki x Saru
Bolded pairings are ones that haven't been seen yet.
Last edited by StarFyre on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Did you not get my characters for the second wave? Or, did I miss something? ;_;
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

............. I'm going to shoot Yahoo. Really. I am. -.-; no, DF, I didn't get your chars, because Yahoo seems to have this obsession with eating random emails. I don't know how many I've lost in the past months - not only ones that don't get delivered, but ones that just... vanish. I blame Yahoo!Betamail.

*puppy eyes* If you'll forgive me, just post the forms here, and I'll get them hatched soon. Kay? ^.^;; If there's something story related you need to say or explain, you can drop me a PM.. that seems to be much more reliable than Yahoo anymore.

Post by Guest »

Although I already sent you the form via e-mail, just in case Yahoo eats my mail, then here it is. ^_^

Candidate's name: Zanveldar "Blood-Eyes" Halfling
Candidate's URL: http://personas.houka-ryuu.com/ca/zanveldar.htm
Candidate's gender: Male
Candidate's species: Halfling Demon-Angel
How much can your candidate be injured during the hatching? I won't go beyond this limit: Anything that will produce a lightning shaped scar but nothing that will damaged his wings or cripple him for life in any way.
Which clutch is this candidate for, the main one or Sunaka's?: Main Cluth please. But either is fine with me. :)
Preferred parentage/color/what-not of the bond? (this isn't a guarantee, mind you): Surprise me! :D I'm not picky. ^_^
Comments: Please bump him to the next clutch if he does not impress. :)
Last edited by Guest on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Here's a repost for you since they got lost the first time. ...They were fast and short when I wrote them, I hope its ok.

Candidate's name: The White King
Candidate's URL: http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/Khelek/The ... eKing.html
Candidate's species: Unknown
How much can your candidate be injured during the hatching? I won't go beyond this limit: He generally doesn't -stay- hurt, is the thing.
Which clutch is this candidate for, the main one or Sunaka's?: Main
Preferred parentage/color/what-not of the bond? (this isn't a guarantee, mind you): No Prefs
Comments: ^^;;

Candidate's name: Inyrr
Candidate's URL: http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/Khelek/The ... Inyrr.html
Candidate's species: Human
How much can your candidate be injured during the hatching? I won't go beyond this limit: He'll probably take a beating if anything threatens his sister.
Which clutch is this candidate for, the main one or Sunaka's?: Main
Preferred parentage/color/what-not of the bond? (this isn't a guarantee, mind you): No Prefs
Comments: ...

Candidate's name: Jenai
Candidate's URL: http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/Khelek/The ... Jenai.html
Candidate's gender: Female
Candidate's species: Human
How much can your candidate be injured during the hatching? I won't go beyond this limit: Her brother will take any 'punishment' aimed at her.
Which clutch is this candidate for, the main one or Sunaka's?: Sunaka
Comments: And last one.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
baka-ryu
Hatchling

Post by baka-ryu »

Memoru is a lurker. Aaand she's me.

<_<;; I need to stop switching between online names.

I don't post much on the forum, but I'm here. Always. I have no life. X3 Anywho, Filth would very much like(?) to continue standing.

...and I should probably write up a few more candidates for this clutch. It's uber-awesome looking, after all.

Post by Guest »

Update for Zanveldar "Blood-Eyes" Halfling. His page is now located at http://personas.houka-ryuu.com/ca/zanveldar.htm
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Kay, I'll update that while I'm thinking about it.

For those of you waiting, I've got 5 dragons finished and the story-blurbs partially written. It's just that I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off lately. Heck, I'm not even posting from my laptop, but a comp at the gradeschool where I'm working and thus an unfamiliar keyboard layout (My laptop uses Dvorak, if anyone's familiar with it, which means my typing speed on a Qwerty keyboard is slowed down by a lot.) But that also means I don't have access to my website or anything even vaguly related to my files, and by the time I'll get home tonight it'll be like... 7 in the evening, and time for dinner and then for a lengthy discussion with dad about a) his job up in Hindsdale and b) what the next step here at Ransom is.

=P Excuses, I know, but I'm justified, since it's Real Life (TM) that I'm dealing with.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

An egg half hidden by Ashypth's clutch was the first to quiver, shiver, then shake itself into a thousand tiny shards. The dragonet who stood from the shards gazed about with pale blue eyes that stood out in his dark, oily looking hide.

In fact, he didn't walk so much as ooze across the sands, ignoring everyone except the one candidate he had his gaze locked with - Filth.

You. I will go with you. the dragonet whispered darkly, I am Hesemith.

Filth's Bond

Name: Hesemith
Bonded to: Filth
Color: Dark Oilslick
Mother: Ashypth
Father: Llaxaem
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Poison Breath, Astralkinesis
Special Abilities: Illusion magic
Personality: Hesemith prefers to never face anyone head on - indeed, in a face to face confrontation he'll back down and pretend to be obedient. Instead, he knows multiple dishonorable ways to win, and has the strength to pull them all off.

HTML HEX color I used: #2F4F4F
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Dude, cool! I like this style of 'hatching'! :D :D :D
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Dang, I forgot about this a bit. My candidates aren't restored from my site crashies yet but I'll put them on my next upload list. @_@
Database Being Revamped

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Selverat was still eyeing the retreating Filth and his new bond, when the hairs on the back of his neck began prickling. Reluctantly, he turned back to sands, to see five pairs of glowing red eyes focused solely on him.

"Oh no. No, no, no. I already have a bond, you little monster. I don't need another, much less one that will send my leaders for a loop."

A chuckle rose from all five throats, as the dragoness spoke boldly, I'm not here to bond. My sponsor stands to the far left. No. I am merely studying that which killed one of my siblings. Did you find his venom... pleasant? She chuckled again at Selverat's expression, then rose gracefully, her twin barbed tails swishing from side to side, a greenish drop glistening at the tip of each. A little warning, Fire's Child; not all of us carry our venom and hatred so blatantly.

Selverat shivered, rubbing at his arm again as the dragoness strolled calmly across the sands to the many headed hydra Inga.

I will return with you, Inga. My name is Xausphamu.

Name: Xausphamu
Sponsored by: Inga
Color: Shadowed Glacier
Mother: Enyo'Vha
Father: Seshishashir
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Bipedral
Special Abilities: Enhanced Poison Sting (a physical mutation: her tail barbs have venom in them that resists healing by magical means - the only way to truly heal the damage is through time -- this can be passed to her children), Shadowfire magic (shadows burst into flame - the darker the shadow the hotter the fire), Shadowfire paws (has the same effect as her Shadowfire magic, but it's an aura around her paws that she can control, at her will it can be just a glow that has no effect, or can have the full effect of her magic upon contact with anything, or anywhere in between)
Personality: Xausphamu, despite having some pretty nasty abilities at her command, is actually a rather peaceful hy-dog mutt. Until someone rubs her the wrong way, that is. Think of her as a sleeping dog - as long as everyone lets her "sleep", she's perfectly content to go with the flow, but "wake" her up...

HTML HEX color I used: #483D8B
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Wow..... absolutely wonderful! :D Any hint on how tall she stands?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I don't really know how high Sesh stands, but I'll make a guess that Xausphamu will stand between 10 and 15' tall when fully grown.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

"Found one, boss!" Came a cheerful shout from the entrance of the dark sands, as Kelsray bounded in dragging a rather disgruntled looking Zanveldar behind her. "'e was far t'the west, inna cave system near th'plateau out there."

Selverat smiled faintly, unable to resist Kelsray's bubbling charm. "Well done, Kels."

Kelsray grinned, finally releasing Zanveldar and giving him a small shove towards the sands, "Go on, now. Ye be a dark enough sort t'make nice wit' th'critters from 'ere." She turned to Selverat and saluted, "I'm off, boss! Don't go gettin' bit on us again, eh?"

Zanveldar shook himself off, letting the last of the crusted snow and ice from the flight in scatter about him on the dark sands. There didn't seem to be much in the way of activity on the sands - a few hatchlings were scrambling around, clawing at one another. Most were horribly deformed - conjoined twins bickered and tore at one another, hatchlings stumbled about with more limbs than natural, one even sported two skulls fused together, as if it was to have been twins, but never split past the two skulls. None of them would live long - their mother's would mostly make sure of that, if other dragonets didn't.

And through it all strode a blood drenched hatchling. Tail lashing from side to side, he pulled himself free of his bloodied shell, the remains of what should have been his twin falling to the sands with fragments of shell.

He lashed out with a paw as he passed some of the mutated hatchlings, killing one with a single blow to it's already vulnerable throat. After that, the twisted dragonets slunk out of his way, leaving him to his own devices.

Which, as Zanveldar discovered, was to settle right in front of him, red eyes frigid as the silence stretched between them.

I will choose you, Zanveldar. My name is Kiato. I will promise nothing and expect nothing - we will make our way as we will.

Name: Kiato Caelumpictor
Bonded to: Zanveldar
Color: Bloodied Silver
Mother: Ornuth
Father: Valadaen Caelumpictor
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Half-Shifter, Enhanced Weaponry, Enhanced Armor
Special Abilities: Blood Magic, Shadow Magic
Personality: Cold and aloof, Kiato is unmoved by emotion - both his own and others - and relies on his sharp intellect as the only reliable method of survival. He rarely, if ever, gets attacted to anyone, thing, or place, and has no problem living the life of a homeless wanderer.

HTML HEX color: #660000
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh my if there was ever a dragon I'd pair purposefully with Harloth... that's the one...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/ ... arloth.gif
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

... Sweet! =P Do it, do it you two! And let me draw teh babies? *cute puppy eyes* I love Harloth's horns.

On another note: Anyone else want in on this? I have five more bases that haven't been used yet (two of which will go to DF), including Veridiain x Cheran'khan. I know JKat want's Hedoro's -- daughter? granddaughter? I want to say daughter but my mind is running a blank here -- relation to bond here, but she hasn't gotten around to giving me the story yet =P

Anyone else? I have plenty of room in this clutch yet, and now that most of the bases are colored... well, it makes it really easy and fast to finish them.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

If you want to give Inga another, she'd probably be happy - it'll keep 5 more heads occupied a bit longer, anyway! :D

And right now, no one particularly holds Harloth, I can't find any evidence that casiusdraco is online any more, her site's completely down, and the last time she posted here was May. Anyone know? She earned Harloth and did have her up, but since the site's down I do reclaim any of my dragons and feel the freedom to use em. I would definitely like to breed them, if it's good with his owner :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Shard: Are you talking about Kiato? I'd be glad to have him be used as the father of Harloth's children if you want.

StarFyre: How big will Kiato become and um a few explanation about his abilities please would be very greatly appreciated. I have no idea regarding, his special abilites nor do I have an inkling of what Half-Shifter, Enhanced Weaponry and Enchanced Armor do.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup he's got such complimentary patterns and colors to hers, it'd be a shame not to do up some bebbies!

They'll be .... randy ones, I think...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Kiato will grow to be about 10 feet high at the shoulder and 28 feet long from nose to tail-tip.

As a note on abilities, I'm pulling them straight from their parents, special abilities are the ones they have due to the... changes.. that are going on on the sands (as shown by the.. interesting... mutants described above.)

Abilities:
Half-Shifter: The ability to take a form half-way between human and dragon.

Enhanced Weaponry: His claws and teeth do more damage, piercing armor more easily than natural. This is always "on"

Enhanced Armor: It's more difficult to pierce his hide and scales. This is always "on"

Special Abilities:
Blood Magic: Magic of the blood, can use blood as a catalyst, summon things out of blood, or control blood

Shadow Magic: Magic of shadows, ability to control, create, and use shadows for nearly any task
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

<.< I want to draw bebbies for that now... curse you Shard!

Post by Guest »

Okay, thanks. I'll work on paging Kiato.
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Do you require stories, or could I send in a stats page? I don't ever seem to have the time or the patience any more for stories, but these dragons are really lovely. I might be able to knock together a sponsorship bit, given some time...
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +

Post by Guest »

Kiato's page is up. It's just a Stat Page for now. Still working on their respective history. However, the Impression scene is included in Zanveldar's history.

Kiato Caelumpictor http://personas.houka-ryuu.com/ca/zanveldar-kiato.htm

And if you want, you could have Zanveldar double bond or become a caretaker if you do not get enough Candidates. Otherwise, I'll see if I can make another candidate for the WDH clutch.

Post by Guest »

I was wondering... are you are still accepting candidates for this clutch? And do they need to be bondless or can they have a dragon from a different dragonry/weyr/agency?
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Been a while, hasn't it?

Well, yes, technically, I am still accepting candidates. There are still some templates that were never used, and limits that were never reached, so I'll take some.

I won't be able to be very fast with these, though - as I said, some of the templates were never used, or even outlined, and I'm in the process of switching all my work over to my new tablet. I'm also doing more work with Photoshop, as opposed to PSP7 which is what I was using, again, making me a bit slower with these older templates.

As for bonds, I suppose candidates could have previous bonds, but as most of these dragons are of the dark, nasty, or downright snap-snarl-hate-hate variety, any bonds will have to be able to put up with that. The only way you can get around that is if you tempt me with a really, really, really nice story that catches my eye, or have a concept similarly fascinating to tempt me with that you'd like to run with in your story but need a double bond light-dark combo to do so. I mean, heck, Kat tempted me with a story and I let her have a pretty for a... what, 12 year old? Though she hasn't gotten that story to me yet... but I do have the pretty ready.

That is the long (heh, I ramble) and short (not really) of it all. Run with it how you will.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

*fingertappuns* Yessss.

I must get on that. >D
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Shard wrote:Oh my if there was ever a dragon I'd pair purposefully with Harloth... that's the one...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/ ... arloth.gif
I know that was an old post, but Shard, Harloth's beautiful. @.@ Is she paged anywhere?

And Starfyre, I was thinking of sending you another candidate for this clutch! XD I had a whole bunch that I had written most of and then lost the files for... but they were boring anyways. Maybe I'll try a newish one!
o.o How many dragons are left from this, anyhow, around-abouts?