Winter's Dark Heart Hatching - Memoru! Ryuu! Anyone else?

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

A lot of the older members have either quit the group or just vanished, though, which is kinda sad.

I do wish Trix and her sister would show up here more often ;)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

StarFyre wrote:=P I have tons of vintage nexus pages squirreled away in files on my comp. Doesn't make me any less ashamed of my silly "I'm playing with the cool kids now!!!" squee-ness that infected the entire batch of them.
AHAHA I remember that feeling WELL. XD I was so excited when people actually wanted Aven-dragons.

I think the first dragon I ever received was a giveaway from Mythicale. Oh Chuah'kyil, I love you still. *cuddles the blue* The first dragon I earned, though.... doesn't really count because it was all from roleplay with Mystic. XD Actually I think my early Nexus days were my best. Cheran'khan and all. (DUR. God, get me started and I just go on. /ramble)

I am really in favour of opening the forums again. >.> We are so in need of new blood.
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

See, I propose Plan Reclaim The Elders.

First thing we do is get lots and lots of rope and chain.

Second step is to hunt the older members down.

Third step is to tie them down in basements/closets/wherever we have free space, turning them into our (un)willing slaves to resume their life in the Nexus.

Fourth step: ...

Fifth step: PROFIT!

All in favor?
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

AYE!

I have rope!!
Image Image Image Image
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Ooh, kinky.

I mean... sounds like a plan? XD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

KinkAYE~!

Are the spambots that bad? I don't remember how they were when Phe shut the board to lurkers, so I don't want to be all grabby hands if it's going to cause her a headache, but I would love being about to browse this page while un-logged in. Allows me to breeze through in my two-minute computer stop-overs at work. XD

G'aww, my first dragons were simultaneously from Tris'Hath and Darkling Dawn. XD I sent the candidates in at the same time... and got a duo-bonder from the first of 'em to bond!

>_> I remember being intensely frustrated with the RP at Tris'Hath, though. Mystic was busy with JKat and the only people who would RP with me were rather disinterested in RP in general. Also, I think I was much more of a spazz back then so I must have been lame to RP with, back. BUT I GOT A RED HATHIAN, so all was good in the end. 83

Nostalgia... I can't believe this was all only seven years ago. (At least for me!)
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Keilin Alyr wrote:Ooh, kinky.

I mean... sounds like a plan? XD
>:D A kinky plan!

Oh wait my girlfriend is acutally a part of this community I should be good. 0:3
Image Image Image Image
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Did someone mention kinky?

I'm not back, but I heard that Star was talking about ropes and chains, and I just had to come in and say hi. <.<
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Heheheh "aye" :)

Though yes, the spambots are that bad. I've actually seen like a dozen different new names appear on the newest-member link down there, in a DAY. So.. ugh. :/
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

DNS wrote:Did someone mention kinky?

I'm not back, but I heard that Star was talking about ropes and chains, and I just had to come in and say hi. <.<
Come baaack to us! We have a kinky foooorum! ... sometimes!
Shard wrote:Though yes, the spambots are that bad. I've actually seen like a dozen different new names appear on the newest-member link down there, in a DAY. So.. ugh. :/
If there was some way to give moderators the ability to delete accounts too, we could lend a hand keeping that number down!
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

You know we've been on this board five years?

We moved here in my senior year of highschool. I'm now a college grad.

I also don't remember how bad the spambots are, but I do know if you watch the bottom memberlist area, there's like.. one or two a day that are pretty obviously spammy that try to join.

I missed most of the Tris'Hath stuff, during one of my *poof, gone* moments.

Jkat: Kinky plans are the best, aren't they? And who cares if your girlfriend is part of the community? That just means you get to be kinky together... with the rest of us! Because we're one big happy girl-family, here.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

My first dragon was a brown from Glass Island, and I was so excited to page the little hatchling I overwrote my candidate story that I had spent hours on. So my introduction to the world of dragon adoptions was equal parts overjoyed and devastated.

Come to think of it, given how often I've had hard drives fail, floppy disks get lost, webhosts vanish with sorry-ass excuses, laptops fry themselves... I think that was all foreshadowing. Poor little Kerhanth, it's not your fault. XD

As for luring unwilling victims... I mean veterans back into the abyss, I've been talking to someone via PM on another forum and I've been pondering asking another if she'd be interested getting back into dragons. Not naming names for fear of getting hopes up. But I'm at least lurking if not participating just about everywhere ('cept PI... that place irks me now to no end), so I've got little connections building up.

Still wondering if I should drop the Nexus bomb in Secundi. Maybe I should adopt out some dragons first... but that means drawing. *ponder-ponders*

EDIT: Holy crap, is that Ness? o.0 *tackles*
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

The kink! The kink calls to me! UGN.

I can't though. :C RL is predictably a train wreck, and I'm also playing a lot of Perncrack right now. THEYHAVEWHERSOMG. <.<

But it's cool, because I have whiskey, which I think is the only reason I remembered the password onto this place. Whoo muscle-memory!

I do miss you guys mad-aweful though. Maybe I'll do something quick and easy. major quick and easy though. <.< maybemaybe. oh, temptation~

edit: Hiii keilin. <3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah I saw your post on DA. :( Well we'll be here, anyway! *noogies teh nessie*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Keilin, I remember your various technology failures. D: And that was the face that I always made.

NEEEEEEESSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIE, hi! :c I hope that life gets back on track somehow for you. It stinks to be in uncertain situations! *sends hugs and good vibes and also goof vibes due to typos*

Ffff for the bots, can we implement some sort of capcha system to keep them from posting, at least? Or is there a limit on how many members we can have and opening things up would do something bad...? *is a tech-n00b*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

We all miss our Ness-ness.

And do, give iiiinn to ze temptation! =P We're all shiny-whores around here. Predictably enough.

Keilin: Murphy was an optimist, and he loves you. And if you get that, I love you.

I'm pretty much a 'dead end' in terms of connections >.> I mean, I have facebook now (because of you Ness, all because of you), but... that's not exactly a place to start a Nexus group.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Most of my connections are 14 year old boys or professional artists who probably wouldn't find cyberpets to be their thing. XD I'll see if I can haul Mud back -- I really liked her art but I think that she was a little saddened that when she gave stuff out, very few people actually paged it.

:x I think that if we want to haul in newbies, we need to hike our energy and enthusiasm levels up a notch; if we're lazy and can't be bothered to page stuff, why should they feel excited about it? XD
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I just put out the word about Sedona out on a few Pern forums. Don't know if anything will come of it, but Sedona links to the Nexus, so...I can hope. :P
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Fingers crossed, at any rate! :D