3 Clutches at VotS!!! - Eikida's Clutch Hatching! :D

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yang perks his ears, "hmmm? Did I hear 'mating'?"
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Hey, Unyko? We get to pick the names of our Saa, yes? So, in character...do the bonds pick the names of the Saa? Do the babies pick their names? Or do they come with names but we get to pick what they are OOC? >.>

Yes, I'm actually working on story for my little guy...I don't know when I'll be able to upload it and him because I still don't have internet at home *grumblemuttersnarl* and work blocks the site I use to update my webpages, but I am working on him and will have him up as soon as I can.

Also, how fast do these guys grow in character? Do they leave with their bonds immediately or do they have to stick around for a while? And how big are they as babies?

My apologies if this info is listed somewhere and I'm just too lazy to find it...I kinda just rattled off any question I could think of asking while I was asking questions... XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*cheer for story!* <3

The bonds may pick names, or the babies may find something they like, either way, you still choose. And they start out around kitten-sized, and (I -think-) take about six months to a year to reach full maturity. The bonds and their dragons can leave the valley at any time, or stay as long as they wish. There are (somewhat rundown) buildings here and there, and the Saa would try to make them habitable, should anyone choose to stay a while.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

K, thanks for the quick responses! I've got a bunch of story all typed up and as soon as my internet at home gets fixed *shakefist at AT&T* I'll upload him and the story and link you to it... :D

And now that I'm writing again I so just want to keep writing and writing and writing... XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

My head's fuzzy with a cold, so just to be sure... are all three clutches (Zettai, Itsaso, Eikida) still open for and needing candidates? And do you require much by way of story? I'd love to help out for Uny-arts if I can get around thinking through my clogged head. XD
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Xalia: X3 Keep writing! (*cross fingers for Xalia's connection to get fixed!*) There's more to come, and one clutch coming up very soon that I think I'm gonna require stories for, so... X3

Phe: Zettai's is deffinitely still open (as at the moment -everyone- gets a double-bonding >.>; ), but the other two are closed. ^.^;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xenoqueen »

Okay, I just couldn't tell. X3 You asked if there were more apps for Zettai and Itsaso, then seemed to say all three were closed, and Phe's cloggy head was confused. XD
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Awu, I'm sorry. ^.^;; I'm being confusing again. When I asked, I hadn't finished coloring the templates, but now all I gotta do is make the pickup pages, so... *sheepish* I shoulda announced it. I'll post in a bit with a whole bunch of updates, to alleviate any of that. <3
Image... Image ... Image

Re: Look! Updates! :D

Post by Guest »

Unyko wrote:Oh, P.S. I have a new Enforcer to help me with the records, and she'll be strict with people who haven't updated their pages ('cause I really can't. >.>;;) so there'll be some possible abandonments to discuss, and emails to search for, but those, too, will wait.
*point to quote, then to self* ... *wavewave*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Shard wrote:Yang perks his ears, "hmmm? Did I hear 'mating'?"
XD Is he good with extremely shy, bookish types? I think I'd like to make Subrea's flight IC (WHAT?! Dray actually writing story for a breeding?! That's un-possible! :o)
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Re: Look! Updates! :D

Post by DNS »

ixris wrote:
Unyko wrote:Oh, P.S. I have a new Enforcer to help me with the records, and she'll be strict with people who haven't updated their pages ('cause I really can't. >.>;;) so there'll be some possible abandonments to discuss, and emails to search for, but those, too, will wait.
*point to quote, then to self* ... *wavewave*
I prolly owe you things, but i can't remember for the life of me. :x poke meeee?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Heheh, well if by "good" you mean "will bluster right in and set things up quick as a wink and by the way are you gonna eat that? and gosh you're pretty aren't you, watch what he can do lookit, watch!"

Then, yes.

;)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD I somehow think that that wouldn't end well -- Subrea gets a bit anxious around high-energy people (like her half-sister, who was a righteous little witch to her all their lives!)

He looks gorgeous but unless it's another OOC breeding, I don't think it's going to fly!

(Ho ho ho, see what I just did right there? ...Yeah, I invest too much time in puns. XD)
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Nessie: Right off the top, there's The Nameless and Soft, who had pages but then disappeared. *sadface* I did so love them, and Soft is gonna be such a -shiny- adult, when she's ready to grow. <3 So, um.. yeah. I'm gonna send out an updated count (via my new mailing list :D) of who I can't find and who needs what, so let me know if you got the initial email, yeah? ^.^;

Dray: Awu, poor girl. *wants to snuggle little Subrea* Well, anything in particular you're looking for OOC? (And what would she be looking for IC, other than a compatible personality? XD)

And in other news: X3 Yus, Lilu = Enforcer. She's already helped me reorganize my fostered page, and has gone through and found what needs to be changed/updated. She's so awesome. <3

Also, did everyone get my mailing list email? *hopes so* If not, could you give me the email addy you check most often? I may have sent it to a different one, or something might have gone wrong somewhere. I wanna make sure no one misses something they would want to be notified of. ^.^;;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Hmm, OOC? Probably something to compliment her colour scheme. She's got black and blonde/white as her main colours, with a healthy helping of red, grey and white in her genes. X3 Probably similar colours?

IC? Probably someone else who's bookish, too, but a little more forward than she is. >_> She's really rather passive.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Whoo, nameless i can help you with right nao:

http://www.silveredmagic.com/NC/NexSide ... meless.htm

When sitesled died, star lent me space on her server. :3 so aaall my old candidates and characters exist there, in whatever state tehy were in when i disappeared last time. :D i'm glad i got soft up-- i'd thought i hadn't gotten to her.

I did get the mailing list email, though. :3 so hoorah for that? ^^
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Dray: Hmmmm... well in that case, Lyonell might just work. *plays matcmaker* XD Unless you wanna wait to see my new boys, or for one of the other babies to grow up. *amused*
(Also, if Caco decides to send in Star of Day, there's the possibility of purebred Saa with an actual pedigree. X3 *pokes Caco*)

Nessie: Oh, awesome! :D Thanks! *adds that, then does a little light digging and finds the other missing candi, too!* <33!!! So, you're good now, no problems. ^.^ And the only thing keeping Soft from growing up is a bit of story and your word that she's ready. :) Whenever you have time. *salute*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

I'll sit on my hands for now in regards to Subrea -- I've got so much other stuff on my plate that I can't say that I'd reliably be able to write a flight/hatching and draw/colour the templates right away! X3

But let me know when you've got more, and I'll poke back now and again?
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*salute* You got it. :D
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

Fwee! Internet is back up so Roo-Nen is up as well!

http://kilandaia.dragonbackdesign.com/bonds/roonen.html

If you click the link for story you'll get the story I submitted for Kinta originally and the story that includes him is linked to the bottom of that page. :) Yay me for updating!

I think I owe you another update though...I'm not sure, I'll have to go look...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

YAY! :D Thankyou! *update fostered page* <33!!! Now you just gotta let me know when he's ready to grow (aka: you've written all you plan on writing for him as a baby), and I can start workin' on his shiny (literally) adult image. ^.^
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

Well, see, that's difficult... Kinta needs to go find Kifivia but Kifivia's been sitting as a candidate for a clutch that will never hatch...so... :\ I need to send Kifivia somewhere else to bond so Roo-Nen won't be ready to grow until after that happens in terms of story-ness... XP And I don't know how long it'll take Kinta to find Kifivia so maybe he'll grow up before she finds her...I don't really know... XP So, yeah...I'll see what happens and I guess poke you when I've written all I can write? This whole, write and then get adult image thing is kinda different...I'm used to getting the adult image and /then/ figuring out when the dragon grows up and filling in the back story after that... XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

XD Well, you can do that, too. I don't have a definite 'write this much and record this much time in-story to get your adult image' rule... it's more of a 'write as much as you want, and I'll give you an adult image with shiny stuff equal to the effort put into the story'. ^.^;; I want to give people the option of getting super!shiny stuff for their effort, but I'm not gonna make anyone write stuff they're not ready to plot out. If someone just puts their hatchling up on a stat page with the basic info and no story additions and then tells me they're ready to grow, I'm not gonna sit there and go 'no, no image for you because you didn't write any new story >:(' or anything. XD They just get the adult image, with less extra effort put into making it really pretty, or fit into their story.

(As examples, Star of Day got some special stuff because of her story and the effect her bond had on her as she grew up. Lyonell got some unique jewelry because of the people he now lives with, only partly influenced by the Saa's traditional style.)

So, all rambling aside, yeah. Totally up to you. ^.^; One way or the other, all you gotta do is lemme know when you want his adult image, and I draw it up for you. <3

((However, even if the adult Saa image is very plain, I'm going to open up to image additions (similar to Phe's system) for anyone born at the realm. Or even any dragon drawn by me. XD Very soon. Probably between the three current clutches going out, and the next two. *salute*))
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xalia »

Yeah, see, that's where I'm torn...because I don't know what's going to happen to him when he and Kinta head out to look for Kifivia or where they'll find her even at this point...and the fact that Rounin's going to go with them will influence what happens to them a lot because I fully intend for him to bond somewhere along the line and...yeah... There's lots of story I /could/ write eventually, I just don't know how much it'll all affect his image... :\ Unless more story just means more shiny even if it's not all intriguing and life-altering for the dragon?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Yeah, story doesn't have to be epic and life-altering. ^.^ Everyday occurrences work just as well for this. Basically, I just want to see personality and stuff. <3 Oh, and if there's anything in particular that he would pick up and wear, or see and want to emulate (though lacewings rarely adopt superfluous jewelry/ornamentation, that is just personal preference - he could well differ from the Valley's traditions), you can add that into story too. :D *loves that sort of stuff, as it gives a better idea of the Saa's style*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Unyko »

Alright, we have the first of those three hatchings! No epic storyness, though. Just a pickup. ^.^;; Sorry guys, my ability to write hatchings (or flights, for that matter) has never really been spectacular. *sheepish*

Also, it must be noted that Lilu helped me by coming up with the stats for this clutch. XD; So you may want to re-word some of them when you pick 'em up. *amused* Also, since I didn't have the mom's stats at the time of this going out, there may be more possible abilities for your dragons. I'll let you know when/if I hear back from DF on Zettai's location. ^.^;

And so, with that said, here, have some dragonlings! :D

http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... ickup8.htm
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Guest »

It being several HOURS since I wrote that, I forgot a good portion of those personalities. *cracking up* Sorry, world? XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Lumpy! so cute!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

... how sad is it that I'm looking at those sponsors and going "wait, is one of those mine?" >.>

... seriously, though. Are one of those mine? o.o
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol I did the same. There's a list of parents... somewhere. :) It's kinda hard to remember which list is under what title though. One has the parents and the linked page but that page doesn't have THIS clutch on it yet. :)

I'll have my 4 up shortly.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com