:O!! DRAAAY

Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo... full of dragons! Come let us know it's your birthday!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh, wow, those are just gorgeous! :O

May I breed these with Jracini and distribute the offspring, Jracini-style? (And where would you like me to link back, Kitsuneko?)

T.O Also, artdragon is having a vacation or something, since neither Kat's nor my webspace is showing up. By the time that it gets back up, I should have all of these pets uploaded and ready to roll! X3 Thanks again to everyone who gifted me with all of these; I love them all!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Thanks. ^^ And yep, breed to your heart's content. Half-rukels would be *love*. :D
Link back to Darkling Dawn, please.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Is there anything special about these Rukels (elements, abilities, all that?) or are they just special in appearance?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Mmmm...It's possible the fire-footed rukel may have some fire-related abilities (and that I'll leave up to you), but otherwise, nope, perfectly normal rukels.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

<.< ... >.> ... *tosses in a small 'beginners' wing of NC* X3 Happy Birthday!!!

You already have the link for 'em.. hope you like! They're really the only flitter-like critters I've got that would be compatable with Jracini. Unless you want dragon~flys, in which case they'd make -really tiny- half-Jracs. XD;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Oooh, wow, these guys are gorgeous! :D Once my webspace comes back, can I fly them all together?

X3 Can I fly them with some open wings, too?
(And do you mind if I have them all linked from the Haven page? Triquerius Haven is kind of like a conglomerate Jracini-everything else home... or should I have the Wing on its own page?)
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

^.^ Surely! It's been so long since I've done NC I've actually forgotten how fun they were. <3 And of course you can fly 'em with open wings! XD *love for new mixes an' stuff*

*ponder* I guess I don't mind if they're with the Haven... though I'll list it as "Triquerius Haven Wing" or something in the records, if that's alright. ^.^;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Myrror »

If you were asking about the hunter cat as well, you can breed them with J'racini
ImageImageImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Mine are all breedable. :D I wis hi had something more interesting than flitters to offer. ah well.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Happy birthday! I know it's a little late, but I have a little something for you XD

Well, I guess they'd be two somethings...
Image Image

The first ever pair of Litons! There isn't much info on them right now, I'll probably have some up sometime this weekend, though. They are about the size of a large housecat/smallish dog; intelligent, but not sentient (at least, that we know of); breedable with other pet-type critters.

The blue one is male, the cream is female. Names, etc, up to you!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

(not to worry. I'm working on a pair of ferilons :) )
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ooh, those are so cute, Jess! X3 I love their markings, especially the blue male's tail! Man, I wish my web hoster would come back... I've got lots of great little guys to upload now! X333
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Triquerius Haven is up and running with all of the birthday pets that you guys have been so wonderful with giving me! <3

http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/adop ... /haven.htm

Please, if you've given me a pet and I've provided any wrong information (like links, colours, parentage, etc.) please let me know?

Also, if these guys are breedable at your agencies (like hunter cats and NC being able to be bred at the EverRealm and Unyko's Lliyani'Deik Wing), I'd love to pick up more of your little guys. ^_^ Let me know if/where to send in forms if I haven't tracked you down already, and I'll send in a form right away!

Thanks again! Much love!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

here you are! Happy birthday! 2 ferilons for 22!

Genders are up to you but they only come in male and female (sorry no herms) - they can be genetically mixed with other species very well, in fact they can often simply *breed* with other small (3 foot long) mammalian/whatever creatures. (Especially if their features are similar - so bug kid down here may stand a better chance of breeding with a buggy seeming creature, than with say... a kangaroo.)

The 2nd one is a descendant of one of my special breeders, Scyrali at the Ferilon Farm, though is not a direct offspring.

genetics (according to Ferilon Farm gene chart. cap letter !, cap*, cap', cap letter, lowercase letter, low', low*, low! is the dominance)

G!g! - sleek, carries multiple fringe types
Mm - bearded, carries 1 horn
ee! - big floppy, carries lop
N!N' - line, carries full
B!b - line, carries belly
L*l* - line, carries full
T!T' - line, carries full
R'r' - tribal genes show (2 features) Unusual
--- u*8 - insect features, wings and feeler legs
F!f - F! = mutations do not show
--- X! - carries extra limbs on f gene
qD' - stripes, carries Fire pattern
Aa* - golden brown, carries yellow/cream
Qq! - matte black, carries graphite
Z!Z' - dark blue, carries pale blue
a*q' - yellow eyes, carries off-white

Genetics

G!G - sleek, carries long
M'm - no marking, carries 1 horn
E'e! - long, carries lop
nn - wide back
B*b - wide, carries belly
ll* - wide, carries full (since the legs are so thin it's hard to tell this from 'line' but it's 'wide across whole back of leg')
T'T' - full
R!r2 - No tribal show, carries Arboreal line
--- ai* - head crest feathers carried on r2 gene
F'f - mutations show, common mutation
--- w* - body spines carry on f gene
a*D' - point patter, carries Fire
Z'Z' pale blue
qq* gloss white, carries silver
a*a! yellow, carries beige
a*D! yellow, carries orange
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

:O

Dray! This little one wants to go home with you! I wasn't planning on giving these guys out until later, but she persuaded me. ^^

This is a Sindri, a flitter-sized creature that is popular on Iolana and breedable with mostly anything else flitter-sized.

Name: Up to you
Colour: Sky tortoiseshell colourpoint (technically, though her markings have been... altered to suit your personal favourites. :wink:)
Species: Sindri
Genetics: xxº Bb Cmcm dd pp TT SS ww WiWf TlTf EcEn

Hang onto that genetic code. You might find that it'll come in handy when the breeding facility opens.

Link back to Spica Sanctuary (http://www.mysticalplace.com/sindri/) when you get her up. There's not much there yet but there will be.

Hope you like her. Any questions, and I'll happily answer 'em without giving too much away about things to come. ^^
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oooh, wow! :D Yay!

Shard, here are my two ferilons:
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/adop ... rhesem.htm
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/adop ... zhilor.htm

I have a couple of questions for these guys:

-Should I be putting 'Wild' in the lineage section, or do they have more direct parent lines? If so, can I get names (and links, if they're available?)
-Are these guys Show Ferilons or Tribal Ferilons? (I'm assuming 'show' since they're not click and takes! X3 Or else they're 'other'?)
-What's your take on breedings so that there are multiple offspring with the same template, but different colours? I know that Ferilons are meant to be fully individual, but I don't think that I'd be able to create four offspring each that are all different. o.o' Is it okay that I might just switch up the colour genes and leave the physical traits the same?
-In breeding out with other species (like Jracini, for instance), is it okay that I take the genetic chart partially into play -- say, I take one half of their code and work it into the Jracini's physical features by eye? XD That might make for some rather rare Ferilon-genes popping up in half-Ferilon offspring, so I thought I should ask beforehand.
(Is the breeding group on Yahoo still running? I'd love to send breeding requests in that way, just want to know if it's still going. I sent an application in to join, anyways! X3)

Starburst, she's such a beauty! :D I love those colours together, thank you! Here's her page:
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/adop ... ashkin.htm

I can't think of any questions to ask now except "When is it opening?! :D" because I can't wait to see how that genetic code comes into play, and to find out what each portion means! If I breed her with a Jracini (which I'd like to do sooner than later, since those colours are so lovely) would you like me to PM you and let you know I've got the offspring ready to adopt out? XD I seem to be adopting out the ones that I finish rather quickly, lately!

X3 And I was supposed to be in bed an hour ago. Woops! *flees!*
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Dray wrote:Starburst, she's such a beauty! :D I love those colours together, thank you! Here's her page:
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/adop ... ashkin.htm

I can't think of any questions to ask now except "When is it opening?! :D" because I can't wait to see how that genetic code comes into play, and to find out what each portion means! If I breed her with a Jracini (which I'd like to do sooner than later, since those colours are so lovely) would you like me to PM you and let you know I've got the offspring ready to adopt out? XD I seem to be adopting out the ones that I finish rather quickly, lately!
If you breed her, yes, I would like to know about the offspring. X3 I love teh flitter-babies so!

I'm so happy you like her! And it's opening soon. I'm probably going to do a preliminary giveaway like you did with the Jracini, just to get 'em kick-started.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

-Should I be putting 'Wild' in the lineage section, or do they have more direct parent lines? If so, can I get names (and links, if they're available?)

No direct parentage except for Scyrali (linked before), in Rhesem's case, call her a 'grandmother' with unknown others, because she's just ... well, her coloration is exactly the same as Scyrali's, and it's likely that those features would continue on -- ooh crap I forgot she has the extra long tail feature, but it's modified to be slender... >_< .... aaaaand long. gar.
Actually change her F features as follows:

ff!
--- f w* spines
--- f! X'k* extra long body; slender long tail (always carry together)

-Are these guys Show Ferilons or Tribal Ferilons? (I'm assuming 'show' since they're not click and takes! X3 Or else they're 'other'?)

They would be considered 'show'. If you're gonna breed them (and I hope you do to whatever!) they would be fine in Show rather than Other. Sometimes my other category includes ferilons that aren't meant to be bred (like the Clockworks that only show one set of genes, not 2).

-What's your take on breedings so that there are multiple offspring with the same template, but different colours? I know that Ferilons are meant to be fully individual, but I don't think that I'd be able to create four offspring each that are all different. o.o' Is it okay that I might just switch up the colour genes and leave the physical traits the same?

Different colors on one template is just fine with me :) That's how Zekirans would wind up doing it, choosing for only certain genes and letting the appearance otherwise flow to a default.

-In breeding out with other species (like Jracini, for instance), is it okay that I take the genetic chart partially into play -- say, I take one half of their code and work it into the Jracini's physical features by eye? XD That might make for some rather rare Ferilon-genes popping up in half-Ferilon offspring, so I thought I should ask beforehand.

Absolutely yes, that's fine :) That's why I gave them their full genes, so you might find something fun to use among their recessives! ;D

(Is the breeding group on Yahoo still running? I'd love to send breeding requests in that way, just want to know if it's still going. I sent an application in to join, anyways! X3)

It is, I'll check for your appy and let you in. Good to know a heads up because otherwise I totally forget to check any more :( I should finish those 3 or 4 pages worth of ferilons that I've had drawn and inked, and not colored... for like... a year... 2... sigh.

And in my humble opinion Rhesem is certainly one of my favorite and pretty ferilons in a long, long while :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'll definitely keep an eye out, Starburst. :33 I'd love to snag another one... two... dozen... XDD However many you're willing to give away!

Thanks for the info, Shard! I'll upload the updated pages after class this morning... or maybe after cleaning out my old apartment tonight (Gah, busy day today! X3)
Is there any walk-through or tutorial about how the genes work? I can get a fair deal of them by looking at the gene chart that's linked from the Ferilon Farm, but once it gets into secondary charts I get a little lost. The colour-system is especially confusing for me, since I can't seem to tell which genes mean which parts of the body are coloured what!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

The genes go as follows:
General fur
Muzzle
Ears
Neck
Body
Legs
Tail

(varies by mood whether I put tribal and mutations together or not)
tRibal genes, which are R-letter, the R indicates presence or no presence; the sub letters (ai, re, etc) indicate which specific gene it is.

Mutation genes, letter F; as above, the F indicates the presence of or lack of a mutation gene. W, X, etc are the specific mutations.

In each of those cases, the mutations will only inherit with their F or R gene itself (So an Ff w - the F gene doesn't actually hold a mutation. it only allows the f w to pass to the offspring) (which is why I say, will only inherit together on the f! - that gene is for 'two mutations'. They cannot be split up on the ferilon's offspring).

The colors run as follows, and they use the same lettering which I know gets a little confusing:

AQDZ = common, uncommon, rare, weird
The first instance of this is the PATTERN.
Then, Color 1 - main body color
Color 2 - pattern color
Color 3 - fringe color
Color 4 - eyes color
Sometimes when the PATTERN indicates 'fringe pattern', it's colors 2 and 3 (or, more accurately, color 3 and 2). In cases where there are 4 colors, another color spot is listed under 'extra', but doesn't inherit unless there's something to use a 4th color like a Pattern or weird mutation bits like wings).

Does that clear it up? I hope? :)

By the way of course, the position of the gene letters is *not relevant* to which one shows. ONLY the dominance of the letters over one another. I just put them all in order for yours because I was lazy and had to figure out the recessives on the fly :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I think that once I get settled down and have time to compare and contrast Ferilon genes to their images (I might look at that collegium application, if only because it seemed to have some good tests in there) I'll get a better handle on these genes. X3 Right now a lot of it is making me blink stupidly, but that'll change, I swear!

Thanks for the walk-through, though! I'll come back to this quick once I get a chance to breed these guys. X3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com