Minidragons?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Minidragons?

Post by Guest »

Way back when (gosh, I feel old), I remember someone was adopting out minidragons. > > I remember having 1 at some point. The site, I suppose, went down a long time ago.

Now, I was sitting at my parents, my father showing me all of the hummingbird pictures he's taken recently with his spiffy camera, and a thought hit me, an idea for a species of dragon for sometime in the future. Hummingbird sized dragons.

If I end up doing this at some point in the future, I wouldn't be in any way copying those who created the minidragons from before, would I?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I wish there were ways to psychically get ahold of the people who've vanished over the years to tell them "hey! we love your little things! come back and make more!" :)

Were they these?
http://www.geocities.com/vanya_sengihr/ghostmini.gif

I know a bunch of others were around about 4-6 years back, but they were already dead by the time I got to em. :( Most aren't even on line any longer, like the teeny dragons and the dragans and ... sigh.

I do not think anyone's gonna mind making new little dragons :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

There are the Lian gemstone minis still floating around somewhere. I think those are like 3' at the head, 6' long, with a 12' wingspan though... So like dog-sized.

We don't have any hummingbird dragons. I think that would be adorable. :)
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well I have a hummergryphon, but that's not the same :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

That sounds awesome, hummergryphon.

Shard The Ghost Mini looks very close. I saw a few back before I found the Nexus, when I was researching some of the dragons I'd had before. I found one of my old sites... it was scary... I'll see if I can't find them again.

EDIT: I located one mini: here
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

How adorable! Might that one have been from a 'mass of dragons' kind of site like Here Be Dragons? I can't recall if I've ever seen that particular one though.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I remember, around the time that Yahoo took over Geocities, that the people who did those little dragons had a very complex system for the time. There were three different sites/villages/whatever that they came from, and lots of wierd and cool varities, like Shipwright.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

*pokes at link* All I'm getting is a fortunecity hosting image...?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

That's because fortunecity caught up. I'll do some research later to see if I can find some.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Actually just fiddle with recopying it and refreshing. you'll see it eventually.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

My Littlebits are small. Roughly three feet long.