March Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

March Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Xenoqueen »

Aaaaaaand this month, March, marks the start of YEAR THREE of the Montly Dragon Exchange! This means I start a new chart keeping track of who-participated-when, so it's once again possible for you to receive or be given to someone you've gotten from/given to in the past. It doesn't clear the blacklist, though. Just opens things up for me so names are easy to assign again. X3

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November 05 - Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Asha (April 06 - Received Mystic)
Calico (July 05 - Received Sherra)
Cy (June 06 - Received Samber)
DragonFlight (October 06 - Received TyGryph)
Drakiera (August 05 - Received Yakima)
Dray (October 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Ereandir (July 05 - Received DragonFlight)
GildedLily (December 05 - Received Cacopheny)
IceCat (August 06 - Received Dracothrope)
Indigo (September 06 - Received Kayla)
Keilin Alyr (June 05 - Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May 05 - Received Shard)
Lakota (May 06 - Received Shard)
Leilay (February 07 - Received Rachael)
Lerial (December 05 - Received Astra)
Luna (October 06 - Received DragonFlight)
Mystic (December 06 - Received Rachael)
Neishai (March 06 - Received Shard)
PinkDragon (August 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Shard (December 06 - Received Phoenix)
Sherra (February 06 - Received Indigo)
Silver Midnight (October 06 - Received Jess D)
Starburst (February 06 - Received Jess D)
TyGryph (October 06 - Received Dray)
Unyko (September 06 - Received Kitsuneko)
Xalia (January 06 - Received IceCat)
Next, the greylist of people who have turned in their late image, but cannot rejoin the exchange until NEXT month.
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)

If you must link to anything (references, music, etc.) DO NOT USE THE "URL" TAG! PLEASE include the full url itself. When I copy-paste, linked words turn into pure text, and I don't always remember to grab the url out of the link.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through March 7th.

When the round begins, make sure you get your image in on time! If you are late with the image you owe and did not fall prey to exonerating circumstances over the month (i.e. forgetting is not an excuse; family emergencies are) your re-joining of the exchange will be delayed until the month AFTER you finally turn in your image. So for example, if you were late for February and turn your image in any time in March, you will be allowed to join again in April.

During the round, if you need to secretly ask a question of the person you received, you can use the ExchangeTracker thread to do so. POST IN THAT THREAD! Do NOT use the ExchangeTracker account to post here.

After the round, when you've uploaded the dragon you received, don't forget to add it to the Dragon Exchange Database!

Aaaand here's the folkses that didn't get their art last month.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: fuzzy
E-mail: nonanut@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any you'd find on a plant, flower, tree or rock
Features: can be any: leaves, thorns, flowers, plants, bark, mosses, stones, gemstones, herbs, trees- anything you can find in the wild that's good and 'earthy'. No fungus, please- ickies! Glowies are a perk. Very Happy
Species: dragon
Element(s): earth
Theme: earthiness- this year I'm doing a lot of earthy things- graduating college, getting a job (I hope!)- and so I'd like an earthy dragon.
Name: any

*OR*

An Ojee of your choice. I'd like to get back into breeding them, and have some customs I need to color, but just haven't had the will to continue as I'd like to. Info on creating an Ojee is here:

http://magicisle.nonanut.com/createojee.html
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Rachael
E-mail: ashenpaw@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Any.
Features: Any.
Species: Any.
Element(s): Any.
Theme: Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (I'm on a Lois and Clark binge at the moment) OR xenodragon meets utahraptor at the angora festival in Baghdad OR the inspiration from songs I'd post if the drawer so wishes OR something to meet the description of "the most magnificent beast in the universe!". =D
Name: As you please. <3
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

guess who's not blacklisted? boo yah.

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Astra
E-mail: martianlunatic@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): red and silver, or green and gold, or dark colors, or whatever you want really
Features: something anthro/bipedal would be cool but is not necessary. Also some kind of robotic or cybernetic bits would be uber awesomeness.
Species: dragon or anthro dragon
Element(s): the element of EVIL. lol j/k
Theme: I need more baddies for my agency the Cybernetic Alliance. Doesn't necessarily have to be evil but has to sympathize with them for whatever reason. Might just really really like robots a lot. Nothing overpowered like a Balespawn please, just something nice and cybernetic-obsessed and human-hating to flesh out my ranks. Muahaha.
Name: I'll pick one or you choose
ImageImageImage
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Scanner! Oh, how I love thee (when it's actually working)!

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kitsuneko
E-mail: silver_storyteller@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you, but natural colors, please
Features: Fur. Wings or no, up to you. Large, strong jars and either hooved feet or plantigrade, depending. Some sparse stripes might be nice.
Species: Dragon, or other
Element(s): None
Theme: You have a choice. Something based on either a mesonychid, or a creodont. Both are prehistoric predators, some links are provided below. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of information... :/
Name: N/A

Mesonychid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesonychid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrewsarchus

Creodont
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creodont
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyaenodon
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DNS
E-mail: Dada.siegt@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): //
Features: Feel free to add non-normal traits for either. :D even symbolicy ones. Less, presumably, if you choose to do Luis, more for hamlet or horatio. I'm hoping for luis to resemble luis, but the hamlet or horatio ones only have to resemble the characters they represent barely. :3
Species: Dragon or anthro dragon or anthro anything. :3
Element(s): //
Theme: Luis from RE4~! OR hamlet or horation from hamlet.
Name://

His head- http://rambo1000.blog.jeuxvideo.com/ima ... 280220.jpg
Biiig detailed image- http://www.capcom-central.com/concept/re4/LuisSera.jpg
not as big version of the above image- http://residentevilforever.ru/games/re4/heroes/4.jpg
screencap- http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/668/1/th/18676.jpg
second screencap, not as good- http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/668/1/th/18676.jpg
Last edited by DNS on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Uh.. Phe? Partially confused as to why I'm apparently not on the blacklist o.o;; Am I just missing something, being blind, or what?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

People don't get blacklisted for family emergencies. <:)

Post by Guest »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Timelapse
E-mail: kikumaru.senpai@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Any
Features: See Theme
Species: A Dragon or a Griffin-like creature.
Element(s): Electric or Earth, up to you.
Theme: Final Fantasy 12 inspired. (http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=media/artworks)
Name: Any

^___^ I'm not so picky.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Trying something a bit different this month! The character dragons/terigons have gotten me thinking XD And I've gotten way too engrossed in reading random comics lately XD

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Jess D
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): see theme
Features: see theme
Species: dragon, anthro, signature species would be interesting
Element(s): holy
Theme: The Magdalena (indy comic heroine, religious based- sort of XD) http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/ ... olf004.jpg
I can get more pics if needed - searching it on yahoo, etc, was scary so I scanned from the comic itself
Name: I'll name her

OR, if you don't want to deal with or think you can't handle the above, my myth/legend request from a couple months back will work. I still need more XD *pulls up form*

Color(s): anything but pink
Species: see theme
Element(s): see theme
Theme: Mythology - Norse, Greek, Egyptian, something from a myth. Can be a god or goddess, a monster, an idea. I'd prefer not human, but if you really want to, it's up to you
Name: if something fits while you're working on it, let me know, otherwise, I'll name it
Cacopheny
Dragon

Re: March Dragon Exchange - Signups to March 7

Post by Cacopheny »

Mmkay, I'm gonna do this again ^^

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: CacophenyAngel
E-mail: cacopheny @ gmail . com (only, you know, without the spaces. I get enough spam as it is >.> )

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: Snakes. For hair. See theme : )
Species: I usually say "something that actually exists already if possible"... but I don't see that being possible this time XD
Element(s): Stone. Poison. Darkness. Take yer pick or don't, long's it fits the theme : )
Theme: Medusa! Thank you, Phe, for the random inspiration! I want a medusa-dragon : ) Take the theme as literally, mythologically, or loosely as you want, as long as it's still somehow connected to the gorgon Medusa =D
Gender: Either X3 Medusa was female, but hey, a male gorgon'd be cool, too XD
Name: Up to you or I'll pick : )
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Purples, Blues, Blacks, Silvers..perhaps some red?
Features: Something interesting. Take that as you will.
Species: Dragon-compatable, preferably, but I don't mind if it isn't.
Element(s): Whatever sounds fun!
Theme: You have fun drawing this. Whatever interesting thing comes to mind.
Name: You name, or I will when I see.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Phoenix
E-mail: thexenoqueen@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Any
Features: Bipedal, anything elegant/unearthly
Species: Any
Element(s): Nature, Magic, Goodness
Theme: Quest For Glory's Erana http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFGerana.gif
Name: Enara (not Erana)

Final QFG request, honest! XD The mage Erana is a very prominent character in all the other games. She is described as a Magic User with the heart of a Paladin. In 1, 3, and 4, you encounter places of sanctuary crafted by her magic, where all is peaceful. Two are beautiful gardens and one is a magical pond. In 2 she is mentioned by some of the other characters, even if there isn't a landmark devoted to her. At the end of 4 you meet her and set her soul free, and in 5 you have the opportunity to bring her back from the dead.

More than that, my Paladin character courted, fell in love with, and married her at the end. X3 So my collection just can't be complete until I have an Erana for my Paladin! (Who is here: http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/M ... aladin.htm)

As you can see in the Theme screenshot, her look isn't exactly constant between game 4 and game 5! I blame it on the switch to 3D graphics. :P But she is a human with the blood of the faerie folk in her, so she is described as being of unearthly beauty, yet alien and strange because she is not entirely human. She even feels alone and outcast from others because of this. But all that really says is: if you can come up with something to make her strange/alien from an "ordinary" creature, go for it!

She also *must* be magical, so if you're the pre-existing species type, please use something I can make a powerful magic-user out of. :3
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Samber
E-mail: bluedragonblues@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): brown, cream, copper, gold, black, white
Features: gems, feathers, talons, interesting stuff
Species: surprise me?
Element(s): air/earth (ooh, contradictions...)
Theme: none--go crazy with it :D
Name: I'll pick when I see it, or you choose. :)

whee. my first in a long time!
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow
E-mail: thepoohbear1993@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White
Features: One Head, Two Wings, Three Tails
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Ice, Water, Metal
Theme: Light
Name: Glacier

Pretty much I'm looking for an alter ego for this guy. *insanity alert* It doesn't have to be exact. Just similar. Because I have a plot in my head about the two because they shall be demi-gods to my Weyr. *is crazy* </me>
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Weeeeell, since I'm on spring break and all...

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: visit.the.inferno@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): see theme
Species: see theme
Element(s): see theme
Theme: Phe's charigon exchanges kinda reignited my interest in seeing these two dragonified. You pick, either Natsuki Kuga or Kruger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natsuki_Kuga
or Shizuru Fujino or Viola: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shizuru_Fujino
Ask if you need more images, I have quite a few. XD
Name: you pick or I will
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: fuzzy
E-mail: nonanut@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any
Species: Salir
Element(s): -
Theme: -

I'm on a critter kick, so could I please have a Salir? :} I've got one Salir per OAC staff member and a few that have bred, but I'm trying to get back into them so I can bust out litter after litter of cyberpet. XD Salir can be longbodied-dragon build, equine build, or cougar build as a 'body base', so it gives some leeway for fun.

You can learn how to create a Salir here: http://magicisle.nonanut.com/createsalir.html

Thanks ^^<3
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

[About Me]
Username: Rachael
E-mail: ashenpaw [@] gmail.com

[About the Image]
Species: Battle Cow (Hey, leave it to your imagination. 8D)
Theme: Farfarello. Actually, I only know anything about him because of an RP I am in; never watched the series, and don't really care to. And yet I still want him. (Just wait. Next month, I'm asking for a Rainbow Brite one of these. They're mortal enemies, only Rainbow loves him platonically and it drives him even more insane. Shh. It's a pleasant world.)
Link: http://www.farfarello.org/
Name: Please leave it up to me. =)

Everything else is your ball to roll with. <3 HOPEFULLY. I HOPE WE CAN ROLL NOW. Roll out the barrels of fun~
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Rachael wrote:Theme: Farfarello.
OMGWTFSOYSAUCE. My best best RL friend ADORES him. I mean, frighteningly so. Her walls are covered with art she's bought and coaxed out of her artistic friends (myself included) and she has a plushie of him that she carries almost everywhere. XD

Whoever gets this request, I'm totally gonna have to show the resultant art to her. XD Especially if he's a "battle cow". That just might break her! ::cacklefits::
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Xenoqueen wrote:OMGWTFSOYSAUCE. My best best RL friend ADORES him. I mean, frighteningly so. Her walls are covered with art she's bought and coaxed out of her artistic friends (myself included) and she has a plushie of him that she carries almost everywhere. XD

Whoever gets this request, I'm totally gonna have to show the resultant art to her. XD Especially if he's a "battle cow". That just might break her! ::cacklefits::
XD Oh man. What total love. I'm just amused by the crack he creates in this one community I'm in; I've read up on him, but by far, this was more an idle request. XD I hope it ends up being a fun thing for whomever, and especially for your friend to see!

Besides, Battle Cows are the best thing ever. ;D They break pretty much everything. :: grins ::

EDIT: And to avoid double posting, here's one of my other Paladin ideas;

Will probably change things around later. (Make the sword.. more sword like and less broadsword iron bar like.)
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Beautiful work so far, though. ^^ [gives 'ya a cookie]
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Ahahahaa hydra! x3 He is AWESOME. Patterniiiiiiiiiing! Beautiful! @_@
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Something I was going to ask before, but didn't get to it - can I jump in this round since I'm not on the blacklist? *has been working on Fuzzy's image, but her comp keeps restarting at random thanks to microsoft updates/her campus' updates*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*yawns* well, since I'm not sure if I can get in or not - ignore this if I can't.

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: StarFyre
E-mail: silveredmagic@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Blues, whites, and such
Features:
Species:
Element(s): Lightning
Theme: Ah, for kicks and grins, I'll ask for a Flik dragon -- Flik is a warrior from the Warrior's Village in Suikoden 1 and 2. He's fairly young in both games, though in the first one he's a fresh faced youth only a couple years out from Warrior's Village being a wandering mercenary. By the time the second game comes around, he's matured and settled down quite a bit (though still grieving for his love's death from the first game).

Throughout the games, he's referred to as Blue Lightning Flik, due to his eternally equipped Lightning Rune and his rather high speed stat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/ ... elight.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/ ... /flik6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/ ... artoon.jpg
Name: either name him or I'll come up with something
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

And the mails have been sent. Hopefully I didn't mess up. Hard to assemble things when your computer is wonky. O.o;
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Astra, I got youuuu!
Astra wrote: ~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Astra
E-mail: martianlunatic@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): red and silver, or green and gold, or dark colors, or whatever you want really
Features: something anthro/bipedal would be cool but is not necessary. Also some kind of robotic or cybernetic bits would be uber awesomeness.
Species: dragon or anthro dragon
Element(s): the element of EVIL. lol j/k
Theme: I need more baddies for my agency the Cybernetic Alliance. Doesn't necessarily have to be evil but has to sympathize with them for whatever reason. Might just really really like robots a lot. Nothing overpowered like a Balespawn please, just something nice and cybernetic-obsessed and human-hating to flesh out my ranks. Muahaha.
Name: I'll pick one or you choose
All right, I tried, and I think I managed something you'll like. Anthro-ness is not one of my skills--I've done very little in the way of anthros, with the exception of some seriously malformed catgirls--and I'm not so great with mech stuff either, but... *shrugs* I like him anyway, hope you do too. :)

He's a dragonet-mechanical mix designed as a warrior/bodyguard, his biological components were engineered from your typical pernese flitter (hence the bug eyes) but with extra intelligence and bipedalism added, and the technological parts were added surgically before 'birth'. Yes he has knives grafted onto his arms... I've been calling him Bael, but of course you can change that if you think another name suits him better.

Size is about 7ft tall, can breathe fire with the right minerals but cannot fly. Good night vision. Crabby.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Oooh Samber, that is awesome! Lovely image with a great idea and backstory. He'll make a great evil addition *maniacal laughter*

Poor guy probably got made fun of by all the other modified flitters for being male and green :lol:
ImageImageImage
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

:D Hehe, glad you like it and you're right, he probably did get taunted quite a bit. (Didn't even think about the color until it was too late... =x)
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

StarFyre! Unfortunately, you got stuck with me drawing for you.

Which means, you get a kinda sorta blue lightning-marked flikkish dragon thing.

Sorry, but I'm on a drawing slump right now, and...well, I doubt I could have done any better.
ImageImageImageImageImage
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Fuzzy! I got you, and here is your salir!
I rolled up the stats, and I'll give them to you as well, so you'll be able to tell what I did!

Name: Mitat (feel free to change if you like)
Body Build: Average (cougar type, sort of)
Fur Type: Rex (short and bristly)
Height as Adult: 5" to 3' (tiny)
Paws: Canid
Tail: Bat (short and furry)
Horns: None
Wings: Leathery
Mutation: Multiple Tails (2)
Marking Variance: 3
Fur Markings: exotic (4 colors), zebra legs
Color Categories: Oranges, Blues, Greens, Purples, Yellows
Exact Colors: Umber, Slate, Forest, Orchid, Cream

She sort of ended up looking like a hippie Okapi, but I think it's cute. I hope you like her!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Jess D!

Well! It's a durn good thing I didn't say I'd do the Magdalena over in my Trades thread, because you're getting her here anyway! XD

You said you wanted to name her...but when you do, please follow the conventions of the terigon letters? You can ignore the syllable and alternating stuff (as I've been doing when naming charigon) but please stick to its letters. ^^; http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/A ... erigon.htm
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Phe!

First of all, your image for Jess looks amazing and makes mine look bad by comparisson, but here it is anyway. Meet Enara, a Centuran. Or, at least, she looks like a Centuran. She is silver, a color Centurans do not usually occur in. And also she has subtle swirly patterns. The hair might be natural, even though Centurans are most commonly bald, or perhaps she got some kind of cybernetic enhancement somewhere along the way. Her abilities are verbal speech, telepathy, empathy, and whatever other abilities you want to attach to her. Image is a PNG, let me know if you want any other kind of image :)

ImageImageImage