corinth beasties~

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

corinth beasties~

Post by Guest »

Furry/Fluffy Corinths! ... Two of them!
Smooth Corinths! AKA Smoothies.

Now that I have your attention, these beasties are called Corinths [Corinth singular, Corinths plural], and they're the first of my drawn-out giveaway brain beasties. Any questions, just ask, I'm new to this.

THE BEASTIES:
general: They're native to Rhoan, which is this big snowy mountain in mindspace. The smooth Corinths are less likely to piss and scream in weather above seventy degrees, because they have a much more efficient internal temperature control. If you don't have anywhere to put a fluffy Corinth and want one, put them in a freezer.

1. You can have one of each kind, and you'll have to specify which form is for which kind of Corinth [furry or smooth]. If you want seconds, say so: I might let people come back for more later.
2. There aren't any naming rituals. Name them whatever you please, that's something I won't specify.
3. Size-wise, these guys are from 6' to 12'. 6' is the equivalent of 5' on a human, and 12' is like 7' [but much more common].
4. Abilities, the only real stationary thing is hibernation for smoothies [if it gets below -15 they dig themselves a den and hide in it until conditions improve] and immortality for both. Be creative. If you want me to be creative, tell me so.
5. Relations, knock yourself out. Smooth versus fluffy, as far as relations go, is namely a climate thing: if a fluffy is having babies with a fluffy and the weather was above 75 degrees for most of conception, then it will be a smooth baby [and they're called babies].
6. Because it may come up: they have babies like humans do; one at a time, unless there's a case of twins or triplets, in which case, they're likely to both be the same variety.
7. Smooths are velvety, except on their back legs and tail. Their markings tend to be more specific and sharp, while fluffies are usually more general.
8. They speak whatever language they were brought up with, or none at all. They rely very heavily on body language, scent, and have the intelligence of a human. They can be loners or pack animals, it depends on the individual.
9. When they bond, they bond very closely and tend to empathize greatly. They can be sponsored, bonded, or on their own.
10. The masks are more like protective bony plates on their face than masks, and the content of the mask has nothing to do with genetics: it's formed by personality. Sometimes colored, but mostly black. I'll ~~surprise~~ you.
11. Last but not least, they can breed with anything that can breed with them.

TECHNICAL STUFF:
whee! form!

Code: Select all

[b]Bonding/Sponsoring/Singular[/b]:
[b]Smooth/Fluffy[/b]:
[b]Gender preference[/b]:
[b]Color/marking specifications[/b]:
[b]Face plate decorations[/b]:  Assume that the smooth corinths' 'mask' is symmetrical: I'm probably going to make a front-view face for them, because they're sideways and you can't see the whole face plate, so I'll update this post with that later.
[b]Size[/b]: You can generalize; like, small, medium, large.
[b]Personality[/b]: I'll give you a paragraph if you ask for it.
in other news: if you page them, link me. If you don't page them, that's fine, they can sit on your hard drive and look pretty. Just don't hot link, because imageshack apparently doesn't appreciate people using up their bandwidth. c_c
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-Glees~!- EETs you! Glad to see you. -coosat-

You know I want one. I'll wait to give you my form though, if you'd rather.

PS-- Moth has a pretty butt.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

0.o those are spooky.

I'm at work right now so I can't really put a page up but I'll definitely be wanting to play with one or two of those. Neat color job there too.

(edit) feel free to introduce yourself in the general area :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shard's right; those are spooky. o_0 But cool. *likes furrrr...*
So, I shall send you Abrecan, because he and Gawyn collect spooky things. :P

Bonding/Sponsoring/Singular: Sponsor; Abrecan http://geocities.com/darklingdawnpersonas2/abrecan.html
Smooth/Fluffy: Fluffy
Gender preference: Either
Color/marking specifications: Either really dark or really pale
Face plate decorations: Anything
Size: Small
Personality: Sure
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.

Abrecan's :3

Post by Guest »

Kitsu! Abrecan~

height: 7'
personality: This corinth is, by nature, very territorial and possessive of those he grows attached to: if he were a cat, he'd have his own chair that he'd protect with his life. He's very headstrong and stubborn to the point of being obnoxious, and, considering this, he's very easy to confuse or lead off track [especially when out of his typical surroundings]. When he's calm and content with his surroundings and the beings in them, he tends to curl up and play with a small animal [like a cat or even a rat]. He's extremely empathetic and doesn't like killing things [and will probably go to Abrecan for food even when he's fully grown], and when he does try to kill, even for food, he usually ends up being friends with the thing he was trying to kill. Even with his territory, his bark is much worse than his bite, but with his 'people', he wouldn't hesitate to attack [even though he'd guilt trip later].

Thank you very much. X3 And I hope you love him as much as I do, that personality just ~~flowed~~ [even though I think he's going to end up with a little emo corner in the basement or something c_c]. His faceplate glows on darker backgrounds, and when I tested it on adobe, it looked pretty spiffy, so I hope it works in practice. >_> If it doesn't, I'll try for it again.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Shard wrote:0.o those are spooky.

I'm at work right now so I can't really put a page up but I'll definitely be wanting to play with one or two of those. Neat color job there too.

(edit) feel free to introduce yourself in the general area :)
XD thank you very much, and awesome. They'll be very willing to be played with [for as much as that sentence was in horrible form, I meant it in the most innocent of ways].

I'll trot on off to the general area. :3!
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

those are scary are you going to come out with a more cute and cuddly dragon adoption soon? *looks hopefully at Brakket.* I'm not one to keep scary critters around sorry.

Post by Guest »

I draw cute things sometimes, Pink, but they aren't too common. keep your eyes peeled, however. :3
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Glee~ He's very awesome. :D
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I remembered to poke you bout these. :D -rolls on- Fluffy creepy, fluffy creepy~~
Two requests. sorreee. the first one is one i made before, but i'm posting it officially just cuz. OCDstuff.

Bonding/Sponsoring/Singular: Singular
Smooth/Fluffy: Fluffy
Gender preference: Male, though maybe female
Color/marking specifications: cheshire.
Face plate decorations: Insanely huge, creepy and toothy grin-type marking.
Size: random
Personality: Creepy creepy.

Bonding/Sponsoring/Singular: Singular
Smooth/Fluffy: Smooth
Gender preference: Either
Color/marking specifications: Random that looks good. maybe brown and cream. reddish brown. :D or something random. Or white nad bright pink.
Face plate decorations: Random~
Size: //
Personality: no paragraph, just a few words if they occur to you.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Are these still open? If so I'd like one they're very cool <3

Bonding/Sponsoring/Singular: Singular please
Smooth/Fluffy: flooooffy!
Gender preference: male or female
Color/marking specifications: purple, blue, or black, or any combination thereof
Face plate decorations: maybe subtle, pale markings
Size: medium?
Personality: sure :)
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

where do you want a link to go, when we page these?

I have a person for bonding, but the page is in progress. He's one of my evil-men, and would love to have a new interesting furry sanger to play with...

Bonding/Sponsoring/Singular: Bonding - though if multiples are allowed to bond to one person he'd be more than happy to have another at some time.
Smooth/Fluffy: fluffy
Gender preference: Male
Color/marking specifications: cheetah-style - orange-yellow back, paler yellow-white belly, small black spots
Face plate decorations: cheetah 'teardrop'
Size: if 'small' is around humanoid-sized that'd work.
Personality: Please! He will be the 'posession' of one of the Jonbyers
http://www.geocities.com/istvansanger/evilmen.htm I highly recommend reading that and the linked page before it, to get an idea of how screwed up Jon is. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Shard-- I can't believe I didn't think of that. I can be such a retard. >.> But I basically meant just let me know through PM or something. And for linking it on the page, just put it through to Ness's mindspace. I have to get my own site set up, but I don't have time to right now.

Everybody, I'll get your Corinths up ASAP. n__n I'm kind of busy right now, but I'll do them between all my crap.