Kavera Weyr Updates! Hatching!!! Paging deadline April 28!

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

jess d
Dragon

Kavera Weyr Updates! Hatching!!! Paging deadline April 28!

Post by jess d »

Yay! Hatching has occurred! Ploath was extremely happy to be able to go hunting for herself again. The hatching is here. The pickup is linked from the bottom. It is in 3 parts, as there were a lot of babies.

DF if you would like any of the extras, I can randomize some stats for one, just say the word! Except for Orera and Ashynd, as I have plans for them.

Enjoy! Deadline is April 28 for putting them up. If you need an extension, please ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The flight has finally been flown! Well, it's been done for about a week, but I hate writing things twice, and since I wrote it on paper first, I had to transfer it to the website XD

www.geocities.com/kavera_weyr/flight

The flight is linked from there. I have an opening for another flight, if anyone is interested, but I'm in no hurry to get it filled right now.

The sands have been updated to show her clutch and I am now accepting candidates.

The weyr link is in my sig :D And yes, the flight is probably kind of cheesy - it was the first I've written.
Last edited by jess d on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Post by caesiusdraco »

Aw. I thought it was fun. :)

Is there a deadline for these babies? Or just whenever?

I'll try to get you a couple sometime soon. :) You can definitely put me down for a couple fillers. I love random riders!
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Before she turns, rose-thorned tail streaking my hood,
I glimpse from her a thought like jagged glass,
Yet delicate with the texture of sentience:
We remain "turtle-apes", only the shells of our armors grow.
-My Bones Waxed Old by Robert Frazier
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

There will be a deadline, I just have to check my schedule and see when would be good. It'll probably be towards the end of March, though.

I think a tentative date of March 31, for now.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-claps- I forgot to ask. what;s the max submissions? I sent you filler forms, and i meant to submit two normal candies too, but that would be five total, and that's a bit much. >.> candidate limits, are there?
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

I need to add that to the rules too, but I forgot about it before XD

A limit of two normal candidates; filler candidates are seperate, and if I get a large number of normal candidates, the fillers may be bumped. Generally, if one person sends in a bunch of both, the fillers could be bumped in order to make room for normal candidates. I'd prefer a limit of two fillers per person, but I will take three

I seriously doubt it will be a huge issue, though. There should be plenty of babies to go around XD
Last edited by jess d on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnods and looks relieved- ah, that's good, then. XP Hopefully, it won't come to that-- I love fillers! :D They're as interesting as regular candidates, and moreso cuz they're a surprise and roleplaying a character you didn't think of is a fun challenge. :3 Thankyou for answers!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Added a tiny bit on the fillers, forgot to limit them!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-claps- ah, in that case, it looks like i may have sent you extra.
XP I'll only send one regular candie to make up for it, i suppose. Sorry!

PS- nice winged wolf template. -just saw the one yakima got for her birthday-
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I scanned that announcement and only just realized it was Bolteth who won. XD Looks like I need to write someone out to snag one of his babies. XD
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Sent 2 of mine in! I might also put in for a filler if you need to fill it up later.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Updated! Still have plenty of openings for candidates!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Deadline is approaching quickly, and I still have several slots to fill. If anyone has anybody they want to send in, there's still time XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm gonna try and get some fillers to you, I've got my generator running :) They'll all be for Dragonhope, I'm still wanting to fill out some of their ranks with blues, greens and some browns.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

ASDFGHJKL;..... I'm on it! I'll have at least one for you tomorrow evening if that's ok. @_@
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

That's fine. It doesn't close till the end of the evening tomorrow; though, I'll probably leave it till I wake up Sunday, to allow for time differences!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Sent another 2 to you. They've got quite short story bits but I think they'll cute enough :)

If you want, I'd be happy to take on some more greens and blues, randomly. I can always generate some fillers after the fact, and I'm always looking to flesh out the ranks at Dragonhope. If need be, just toss some at me.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

*plops her hindquarters in the thread*

*waits and lurks until much hoped-for updates* ^^
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Crap, I ended up going out after D&D yesterday. x_x And I wanted one of Bolteth's kids. @_@
Database Being Revamped

jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Oh, you can still get one, DF, I'll set you up a random, if you like. You are the owner of the father after all.

I'll be working on the hatching today, hopefully have it done by tomorrow. I have at least one of each color left, so you can choose what color you would prefer - or I can assign one randomly. Just let me know
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Hatching!!!! See top post XD
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Ooh, what a nice traditional hatching... makes me feel all tingly and nostalgic inside. *chuckles* The dragons are all beautiful as well. Mine especially, because that's how it works, darn it. *laughs* But thank you for Snenth and Ocilth, and I'll be sure to wrangle up some pages for 'em.

By the by, Snenth has the be the most awesome name for a dragon ever. Just a little hiss before the rest of the name rolls off the tongue... it just sounds so cool. ^^
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Ooh, i love these. ;-; I especially like how you named all the colors. :3 I have such trouble with specific color-tone names. and the story was glee. Not to mention your art-- it's simple in a really awesome way, it's fluid, and it works. :3 i'd only seen one of this template before, and it looks so /awesome/ in all these different colors.

I'll try to get these babies up ASAP.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Thanks! I'm glad you both like them, and I had fun with the colors too.

Yeah, there really is only the one out there, and he's mine, so not really out there. Though, I think I made a couple of these in unusual colors for the Winter Gather....
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh so pretty!!

>_< winter gather. check. *dies*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Yay, hatching! And Effie got gold... *snuggles charrie, dragon, and jess* Now I have to go back through and really read it, lol...I was just bouncing on my chair, skimming through, going --Omigosh, where's Effie?? Where's her dragon? Why hasn't it hatched yet? AAAAH she got a GOLD!

hehe.

You can probably tell this is only my second gold Impression? XD And that first one wasn't even traditional...

...I'm guessing from the arts that these are adult stage only?
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I'd very much like one. ^^;; Those I don't have a preference to which. They're all wonderful. ^_^
Database Being Revamped

jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Yeah... adult stage only. This time XD I actually got a hatchling drawn up, but it would have taken even longer to hatch if I'd taken time to ink, scan, and color them!

@DF - the random number generator (AKA my husband) has decreed that Brown Cywarunth and rider N'eng shall go home with you! If you would like N'eng's randomly generated stats, I can PM them to you, so I don't kill the thread XD But if you'd rather come up with them yourself, that works too.

I'll go add your name to the pickup page!
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Squee. ^^

Randomly generated via PM is good. ^^;;;; Sorry I hijacked your thread.
Database Being Revamped

jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

No hijack at all, it's just a very detailed set of stats. I played with Shard's character generator XD
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Hey, Jess... *shuffles foot sheepishly*

I've completely fallen in love with blue Deleth. He's just such a pretty shade of tropical blue, and I really could use more blues in my Wings. Could I take him home along with Snenth and Ocilth, or would you prefer to keep him? *smiles*