Green dryads... (chalk pastel)

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

Samber
Dragon

Green dryads... (chalk pastel)

Post by Samber »

Yupyup. Samber drew green nudes, no reference. Very tree-ish. *probably needs to be fwapped with a fish, or somesuch*

Anyway, this my project for VAC (visual arts classic)--the assignment is to create a pastel work with the theme of "I am... -insertwordofchoicehere-". I'm going for a sort of different/excluded thing, I think...see the one in the foreground. Yeah.

I'm not sure on the anatomy--I know the butts and other parts ought to be better defined, but I don't want to make this into anything inappropriate for a high school competition...and the foreground figure's chest is totally messed up. Is there anything else that I should try and fix, though? Regionals is, like, next week, and I wanna do well. :)

-

Aggh, PB resized. *glares* I may just upload to DevArt, hate it though I do....
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It's really pretty!

The crit for me is on the foreground one, the 'navel' area is way too high and very defined. It could be softened down a little, or removed/replaced lower. Otherwise I love the poses and the colors.

You might also think about putting small leaves or flower details relating to the type of trees they may be representing? I don't know how big or detailed it is.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

ooh, leaves are a good idea. :) I'll do that! it's pretty big, so I have room.^^

Aagh, and you're right about the navel. I didn't notice till you said. *feels silly* I think erasers work on chalkies.... *hopes so* Should it be showing at all?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Nope, probably about another amount below the bottom of the page from where it is. :)

You can probably disguise it if you can't erase it.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com