Update

Going to be gone for a long time? Just got back from a trip? Keep us in the know here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Cy
Dragon

Update

Post by Cy »

May 29th

Quick update:

I passed my GED test about 3 months ago, but just got the diploma at graduation this month. I wanted to stay in highschool, but it just wasn't working for me and I can't afford homeschooling or private schooling. I did, however, get 3 out of 5 perfect scores and graduate top of my class [over 200 graduates and I had the highest score] so I suppose that says something.

I got a 40-50 hour a week job that I actually like. I work at Coldstone Creamery, and icecream shop, and even though I was hired to work the stone and serve customers, they quickly discovered my skill with cakes and so now I build and decorate icecream cakes all day while eating icecream :D That, and my boyfriend works with me, same shift same days. My manager is nice and is helping us save gas. I'm friends with a lot of the people I work with and we go see movies and such a lot.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months now, and living together for 7 months now. We're moving out in August and in with some friends, and transfering to the Coldstone in that town.

I've been writing stories again, but I've been really stuck lately. I feel bad that I don't have anything *planned* for my world. I just make things up as I go. But I don't really know what to do without fixing that.

But yes, just letting everyone know that I might not be here a LOT, but I am here, and lurking, and just having to act like an adult at 17. So I am here, I just don't want to make a promise about being super involved XD
Last edited by Cy on Tue May 29, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

**waves** ^ ^ Glad to see things are looking up for you!

You have one dragon due up for me, Leror from the FlammaAgua Frenzy.
Her clutch is no longer on the site, so if you need her info or picture, PM me and I will send them to you. ^ ^
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Thanks Airy =D I'll send a PM your way.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Glad to see you back and everything looking better.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh good! :) I don't have anything adopted out recently so ... um, nothing from me lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-gleefulsqueel- hi! :3 good to see you back.

and i dun think you owe me anything. <3
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Welcome back Cy! 'Sfar as I know you don't have any of my critters that remain unpaged.
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Wibs! :3
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

See first post.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Hooray for jaerbs! We have coldstone in my area, they have gooood icecream. And congrats on passing the GED :) And I feel the same way as you do. I really, REALLY want to get writing again. But I have no overarching plotlines that don't suck. Oh well, glad to see you're still around at least :)
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hey at least you're far more competant as a 17 year old than most adults. :) Good work!

As for inspiration for your existing world, I know the feeling as I imagine a lot of us do. What I've done is use the NANO project to write up detailed histories of Zekira. You might try concentrating on one minute detail and seeing what it affects if it's changed, in your world. How people interact with this change, etc. that's always a good exercise if nothing else.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Seconding Shard. Holy gods, because you're younger than me and have the stamina for that. All I can say is: Be very attentive to how your body feels. If you feel tired, give it a rest, if you feel burned out, do something for yourself until the feeling goes away. Try not to push yourself to breaking point.

You're too young to act like an adult! Teens are expected to act like adults without all the real world experience- so don't forget to be a kid sometimes, okay? It was the one thing I forgot to do growing up that I'm relearning. :)

*hugs* ^^
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

asl;dkasd;lsad DANGIT!

XD

I knew I shouldn't promise you guys anything. Every time I do, I jinx myself.

I found out today after less than a month of being there, I'm being trained to be shift leader. Which I didn't want >.< But anyways. So yes, I'll be here even less than before cuz this means more hours and Saturdays too :/

But I busted my butt during training, and while the store's average statistics for talking customers up on sizes and such is less than 50%, my average is over 80%.

I suppose I have people skills I never knew I had

:]

I WANT TO BE IN THE NEXUS DANGIT!

Bad work :/
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol :) Hey, it's very, very good of you to be efficient and talented. I only wish half the people I work with would do anything during the day.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Dude, I never realized before how much it bugged me when people didn't do shit :/ But like, at this job, it MATTERS. Because is one thing goes wrong, everything starts going wrong.

Like, my boyfriend is still in training, and he picks things up slower than me. It was supposed to be just the two of us today, and he was supposed to basically help customers while I made cakes, made ice cream, prepped everything, restocked everything and did all the crappy back-room-y stuff. But we were unusually busy today, and because we had to do some extra cleaning this morning that closing crew didn't get, we were kinda behind. I didn't get any cakes made because I was having to run between helping customers when the line got too long for him, running to the icecream machine when it started yelling, trying to keep up with the piling up of dishes, get brownies cut and everything labeled and just so many little things that I was so frazzled... And I so didn't need my boyfriend's attitude today at work...

Ben hired both of us for specific reasons. Tim to be shift leader and me to make cakes. But some crappy situations have come up, and the store owner is demanding a new shift leader NOW, and I'm the only option Ben has since Tim hasn't completed his training. So Tim was pissy about me getting picked when it was supposed to be him, and his attitude was creeping out Ben, so every time Tim did something wrong, instead of addressing it himself, Ben would come and chew ME out, and then I'd lecture Tim, but I'd look like the bad guy and just GRAH. Today was hectic.

Being shift leader isn't something I want. I don't want all the responsibility. I want to make my cakes. That's all >.<

But the raises will be nice :D I think after all is said and done with [which should be about a month] I should have at the least a 75 cent raise.

Ahaha I've been rambling XD

The only people I have to talk to anymore are Tim and Sarah, my coworkers. So... yeah. I HAVE TO TALK TO SOMEONE, forgive me :]

I miss the days when I was like 14 here, and did nothing but go to school and write >.<

I r wanting to bee kidd :[
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:O I hope you get a bigger raise for being made shift leader, ack!

Will you still have time to bake, at least?
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

"Don't give up. The beginning is always the hardest."
- my fortune cookie today.

I'm going to take that as a sign that even though I was in a carwreck Friday
[we busted the radiator in 8 places and since my feet were up on the dash, we have no windsheild anymore. Oops]
that things are going to get better.

I swear, I've never had worse luck in my life until I started dating Tim.

Never before, so often, have I been knocked back three steps for every one forward I take.

I keep updating you guys with something good, and then as soon as I do, something bad goes wrong. It's really irritating. But I'm trying to view it as a test. I've met some shitty guys in the past and been in shitty relationships and done some shitty things. So I'm trying to view all of this as a test of faith and strength and hoping to come out much stronger for everything that has happened.

I mean come on. Scraping by on tips? Depending on tips to make that last little bit of money for the car payment before paychecks come out? Things have got to get better.

So, Tim and I are living with my grandparents right now, so that it's only a 40 minute walk to work, versus the over an hour and a half it would take from our old place. But it means using a computer with a pentium 2 processor and windows 95. ACK. haha.

I'm sorry I keep promising updates.

Something good will come of all this.

It's GOT to.

:/
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It will sweetie, it will. Look that shit in the eye and beat it all at its own game. :)

*hugs*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

I'm trying, believe me <3 It gets me down a lot, when I sit here and think back on all the ups and downs in the last year or so. And then to look at a lot of my friends, who are just sailing through life. But. That's life. Haha. So I'm trying to keep my head up, and keep working and making it through things. And I have Tim, which is a big help. I'm just hoping that the better times aren't too far off. 10 months of this bad luck is really getting lame.

At least we got all our pets fed and updated with everything, and Lydia's next set of shots isn't due until the end of July... So I'm glad they're all well and good.

I mean, things could be a lot worse. That's what I keep telling myself. I mean hell, when we got in the crash and my feet went through the windsheild, I coulda hurt myself really bad. But I'm walking with just a few bruises and a twisted ankle. The whole crash could have been worse, we're lucky we don't need more than a new radiator, hoses, and front end...

*Sigh*

Post by Guest »

I know how you feel. Im 23 and had a few really serious boyfriends in my life, but only the last two have caused so much trouble every day. It might only be little things, but Im always the one who has to clean up the mess and pick up all the pieces. Its like they cant even see it, even when its right up to their noses.

My current partner, my fiance, is a real "gunna". Hes "gunna do this" and "gunna do that" and nothing ever actually gets done. For example, our car has been busted for almost a year and he leaves it unattended until its crawling with cobwebs and spiders, runs out of registration, and its still not fixed!

He is on an student visa and is german. And at the end of July that runs out and he has to go back to germany. He has only just started the application for perminent residency!

Not to mention that we had a child on 4th April. Things got so hectic and on top of me (trying to sort out our new life and fix all the stuff he was supposed to do months ago) that I had an anxiety attack and was put on medication.

But even though im now a mother I still make time to act like a child, and thats what a lot of people like about me -especially my fiance.

I guess what im trying to say is.. dont force yourself to grow up too fast! Be a kid as long as you can! It doesnt mean you have less responsibilities acting like a kid, but you do have more fun!!
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

I'm trying :]

The reason we're living with my grandparents right now is because not only is it in walking distance, but it's right on the way for one of our coworkers who we work with almost every day. She drives right past our neighborhood.

I finally told my boss on Wednesday what had happened, and why Tim and I were both moody. I explained to him how much pain I was in and how constantly standing and moving for 8 hours a day reaaaally hurts haha. So he "gave me permission" to do as much as possible sitting down.

I also got the code to the safe, permanently, on Monday and was given a store key today. So he's hurrying my training along so he can certify me and give me my raise :]

We've been going through family contacts, and a friend of the family who modifies cars for drag racing believes that he can modify a 2005 radiator to fit in our car, because the parts for my boyfriend's car are still on hold by GM because his car is so new... They won't be available cheaply to the public for at least another year.

If he can modify a 2005 radiator, instead of the waaay expensive prices we were looking at, we're now looking at about 200$, for the radiator and modification, and then my cousin and my mom's boyfriend can install it for free, and they believe they can hammer out the body work as well, but the guy modifying the radiator is going to look and be sure. If not, we're hoping another friend of the family may work for a body shop. We'd just have to make some more calls.

My family is really big on social circles and connections :] So it usually just takes some time to find the right person, which really makes me happy.

My mom is fighting with the insurance company right now, because especially after the wreck, I REALLY need the prcedure done on my knees that is supposed to be done annually, but hasn't been done for 3 years due to the fact that insurance doesn't fully cover it.

But, until everything gets sorted out, I'll just keep taking over the counter stuff and doing warm and cool wraps, and keeping it levitated when I can.

If we're going to be staying here too much longer, I'm going to see about bringing my PC down so that I can actually work on dragoning stuff :] That'll make me happy lol