February Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

;_; No kidding, but the idea was to avoid frames and make a really simple navigational area so that 95%+ of each page could fully show off the critters onsite. {hrm} ;; Sorry..
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

But that would simply be a colspan of 90% in any case. *shrug* I'm a huge fan of keeping the programs on a page as simple as possible. I detest CSS for that reason, since one small error can ruin not just one page but an entire site. Having screens the size as most folks do these days means that most pages are big enough to start. I wouldn't worry about that.

To me though it just isn't worth opening internet exploder for pretty much any reason. If I have to access a government page because some guy didn't do the programming correctly for other browsers, okay maybe. But it is such a simple paper wall to punch through for security reasons, that I avoid it at all costs otherwise. I'm pretty sure that others do this too, for the same reasons.

The thing is there used to be the 'noframes' content that people were encouraged for folks who didn't have browsers which could even support THEM. I don't know if java has a 'no java' option... If it does that'd be good, maybe just display options on the side anyway? I don't know how the code works at all, I'm not a big java fan except for in the background of a page, not the actual function of viewing one.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*Raises a hand* CD, for those of us who are IE-impaired, could you post the links at the top or bottom of the page? XD It's so much less a hassle than fishing through source code!
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

@Shard: I have -no- idea how to do CSS. XD Any CSS on my site is the result of Dreamweaver.

What confuses me is that we run explorer even if we're offline (for example, to open folders and stuff- explorer.exe )

I could redesign the site so each page has the urls on the top and bottom, but that seems so counterproductive (ie: everyone being used to it on the left) that I'll probably stick to the left-hand frame thing. It will be a bit easier to manage that way, since I don't have to copy-paste the navigation code on every single page I make. XD

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Actually no, Windows explorer is *entirely* different from the browser Internet Explorer. They're executed in different ways.

*hugs dreamweaver* I *can* program frames, but most of my stuff is also dreamweaver-done. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That works just as well, CD! XD I had just thought that you were completely against making a frame.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Hey, StarFyre.

Another strange terigon was seen following Aki out of the Destiny today. Rumor has it she's on her way to take him to Clan Akelara.

Name: Rieno (pronounced the same as Reno, but spelled in the terigon-naming language)
Species: Terigon
Height: 5'10"
Abilities: Telepathy. Teleportation. Verbal Speech.

Turning terigon into humanoid characters is fuuuuuuuuun. X3 I hope you like him! I sure do. <3
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Phee, that is very sexy. XD
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

It's a HOT terigon O_o
ImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

::cackles:: I think my charigon are totally not in the childlike mindset that regular terigon are. XD
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Xenoqueen wrote:::cackles:: I think my charigon are totally not in the childlike mindset that regular terigon are. XD
...Yeah, I agree. XD
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'm going to go with the whole "damn that's sexy" ^_^ Phe, I love thee! *giggling* I love his expression! *glomptackles the poor charigon, nuzzling him to death*

Rieno: What the... Yo! Creator! Lil help here? *tries to pry himself free* Akkiiiii! Don't leave me, yo!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Aki: ::only cackles and twiddles her fingers at him:: I think you can take care of yourself, zo to. >:3

Kyee. I watched Advent Children, myself, the whole time I was drawing/coloring him. X3 (Yay for having two computer monitors!) I love making charigon. XD The exchange dice need to send them my way more often. Glad you like! <3
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Rieno: Feh! *pryprypry* If I die, I'm gunna haunt you the rest a yer life, yo! *ppppppprrrrrrryyyy, muttering under his breath about stupid creators and people in general and Aki in particular*

Advent Children is teh win. I'm guilty of watching it a lot lately, on top of playing Dirge of Cerebus, but there can never be enough Advent Children in my life.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Aki: ::blows a kiss before poofing away. hey, her element wouldn't be chaos if she always did things people liked!::

Cerberuuuuuuus. <3 I don't think I need to express how much I love that game, oh no, since you know all about my Valentine already. <3
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Yes =P I'm rather jealous of your Valentine-goodness. Veeeerrryyy jealous. *covetcovet... then resumes clinging to Rieno* But I'll make do with my sexy Turk-boy. *grins*
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Pheonix!
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Phoenix
E-mail: thexenoqueen@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See ref images
Features: Blond hair, theme-applicable features
Species: Any
Element(s): None
Theme: Quest For Glory Fighter, Magic User, or Thief

Lately I've been having a lot of fun replaying an old game series called Quest For Glory, and for lack of any other inspiration or character need, I figured I might as well make an exchange request of it!

My request is that you pick one of the three given character types and make a creature to fit it. Quest For Glory is all about being a hero (well, with many exceptions made for the Thief) so the creature should be designed to excel at its chosen profession!

For color-scheme ideas, I'm including screenshots from the first four of the five games. (The fifth game doesn't have an overall "uniform" look for the characters.) Admittedly they can be rather garish, but I'd like the creature's colors to reflect the look of one of the games. Nostalgia and all that! This doesn't mean the creature needs to be bipedal and/or clothed! You can do that if you want, certainly, but all I'm really after are the colors and blond hair.

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG1.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG2.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG3.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG4.gif

Name: Leave it up to me, please

Here's the mage. I did my best and sorry it took so long. As always, stats are up to you.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Squeeeeeeeee! <3 <3 <3 <3 He's spiffy! :D :D Heh, that makes him the only one (so far) who isn't bipedal...I wonder if he gets conned into playing mount for the others! XD XD XD It makes perfect sense that he'd be the mage, though...no hands! Plotfodderyay. X3

Love the adaptation of the colors into his markings. X3 Thankee so much! I loves him. :D
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*imagines the paladin decidng to ride him all noble like* lol

Glad you like him Phe. :)
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

SHARD.

I figured it was time I finally got off the blacklist for this. Only to be on the blacklist for another infiniti months next time I can't draw an image >_< Yeah ... sorry about that.

Anyway you requested a superhero dragon way back in I think July ... I'm really, really sorry for putting it off this long. anyway this is a Centuran, I think male but you can choose the gender, who accidentally came in contact with some radiation. But instead of dying he became a super radioactive Centuran. His powers include manipulation of weird radioactive lightning, flying without wings, and the usual centuran abilities (verbal speech and telepathy ... yay normal centurans). Hope you like, anyway!

ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

o.0 Woah! :) That's awesome... And now ... I have to pull myself off that blacklist too. somehow.

I'll definitely alert you where he goes, any sort of names or naming traits they have? I'll have to design a kind of (lol) secret ID for him. Somehow. *drops a lead lined cloth over him to dampen the obvious green glow* Yeah, our friend he's kinda ... well, he's probably not infectious any more, but still, you might wanna keep your distance. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Centurans are more humanoid than draconic, so any name that you'd give to a humanoid will do. Culturally their language tends to be quite vowel-heavy, so that might be something to keep in mind when coming up with a name. And I assumed the glowingness was something he could turn on and off, though he might have trouble controlling it at first. Glad you like him ^_^

Oh and if you want a JPEG let me know as well as what background color. Because of the glowing, it would look awful as a GIF :x
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh no, png's fine with me. Looks great, actually, I'm gonna see how good it looks on a black background.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

And now time to get my name off of the blacklist at last, DNS.

Name: you decide
As for abilities, I'll leave most of it up to you but I've had a few thoughtbunnies. He has five eyes in total, four normal-seeing ones and the fifth situated in the center of his forehead which he can use to see into the future. It will change colors randomly as he's using it (or maybe you can think of a pattern or summat), and he can also project what he is seeing into the minds of others if he wants.

You don't have to use that, you can change it as you see fit. I'm sorry for taking so long, it took me a while to sketch something I liked and then school finally caught up with me so it kept getting pushed to the side. D: I hope you like him!

As a side note, is there any other way of making a hand drawn and colored image transparent without doing it by hand? I've been using a 10 pixel wide brush to color the background a different color then do background erase and, as my hand is not steady, it mangles the line art. T_T Not to mention it takes forever.
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

If you can just increase your wand tool's tolerance high enough to catch all the pixels on the background and delete to your chosen color. Any spare pixels will show up nicely, and you can just erase them to that same color (I often simply invert my selection and find the little tiny marquee lines to zap those pixels).
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Leilay, I got you!
Color(s): Rich, but not bright - purples, reds, mauves, etc.
Features: No hearts, please. XD
Species: Anything goes
Element(s): ?
Theme: ?
Name: You can pick one or I can
Well, she's purple with some red. And no hearts to be seen XD

Name: (up to you)
Species: Glider Dragon
Size: 8' at shoulder
Abilities: Telepathy, Teleportation, Shapechange, Healing Factor, Levitation
Note: Her wings can be used for limited flying, but are most useful for gliding. The levitation is what keeps her in the air for the most part.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Omg. omgopmgomgomg. I didn't see that, kayla, until just now. I have no idea how i missed it. omg. -clings- thankyou.

I adore him. He's so AWESOME LOOKING. and I love things with too many eyes. -cuddlesonhim- he looks so creepy, and so charming! -nibbles on his nose- I love him!

The eye thing is just what was thinking-- the third-eye'd characters I typically make have that sort of thing, though sometimes the eye sees magic or intentions rather than the future. the future is cool. hessocool. -clingnuzzle- thankyouthankyouthankyou.

I love that he's hand-coloured too, it makes me glee. Extra kudos cuz you made it transparent flawlessly. I would have nopatience for that. XP As for isolating such hand-drawn things-- I have no idea. X.x I usually just add a background or something. :3 but still. -huggles- gleegleeglee@ thankyou.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Yeah, sorry Fuzzy. I have the image drawn and partially outlined, but then everything just sort of crashed down around me. I'll get it done sometime soon, hopefully.

Sorry.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Oh pooh! Crashing sucks. [hughug] Take your time. ^^