BSW- VC Clutches: omgFINALLY hatched!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DNS
Ancient Dragon

BSW- VC Clutches: omgFINALLY hatched!

Post by DNS »

update- hatched! see last post, or this little expert from last post:
Story, i suggest you skip around and look for your own character's bonding, and Pickup!
<hr>All right. Here we go. Vella Crean clutches.

Important and slightly condensed info
Link to hatching sands [but only hatching sands, so you might want to go by the link in my sig. Black sheep weyr > hatching sands]
Deadline: Febuary 3
Available eggs--v
Light court: 6/10 normal, PfM, 5/5 dragonswap
Dark Court: 5/10 normal, PfM, 5/5 dragonswap
Blood Court: 6/10 normal, PfM, 5/5 dragonswap
Side clutch 1: 6/11 normal, 2/2 Dragonswap
Side Clutch 2: 6/11 normal, 2/2 Dragonswap
Bonders and sponsors accepted.

PfM --> Potential for More

Backstory
IC, no one's quite sure what happened. Behind the scenes, the Shaman of Mindspace was pulling strings and asking for Vella Crean dragons tovisit BSW, and the only person who had any idea at all was Mitch, the lead geneticist/AOM of mindspace. Everyone else was surprised when a bunch of VC dragons showed up for a massive flight. But Females from each court were selected, and flown by males of the same court, and thus.. three purebred VC clutches, resting on the BSW sands.
Before the actual flight, Mitch was surprised when two other dragons approached him, two males who had not requested participate in the main flight for the three main slots. Each was requesting to turn female for the ammount of time it took to lay and tend the eggs, for their own respective reasons, and join in the flight as risers. So Mitch did this as well, and they were both flown as well, adding their eggs to the three main clutches of VC dragons. Mitch has not yet announced whether or not he's modified these eggs to the public, or if the magical aura of mindspace has reacted with the residues of gender-switch magic to create other interesting effects.

Stuff
This is now open! For candidates! The deadline is not yet set in stone, I'll decide it once the templates are all coloured and finished and whatnot. It will probably be over a month from now, though it may behalf a week shorter at the SMALLEST, and will likely be longer.

That said, feel free to start writing and sending candidates now. Stats accepted, stories too, whatever you're most comfortable with.

+Please tell me if you intend to send in a candidate, or five~ so I don't get discouraged, and have an idea of how many templates i should colour. :3 I tend to do those ahead of time.

+You may choose what clutch your candidate goes into, or you may leave it up to me. The main clutches are going to be relativelty normal-- if mindspace's magic interferesw ith their development at all, which isfairly unlikely, it will be minute changes in their expected personality predisposition. Changes and wierdness in Krith and Sueth's side clutches is more expected, though Mitch has not yet announced if he's tampered with them yet.

For anyone who wants the info for a story- Mitch is in head of the AoM, who are the genticist mages who use magic to change genders and enchance traits for breeding, and also mess around with the fetuses inthe eggs, though usually they only do things to ensure the babies' survival. They'll be watching over the eggs to make sure they're okay durring the development. Mitch is their head, he's a blue wolf anthro with four arms, and Diamond is the second incommand. He's currently there only a third of the time, however, since he's also being a candidate elsewhere, and can really only visit.

+For the dragonswaps, please refer to this thread's sister thread, Dragonswapping in mindspace.

+For the side clutches, I'm handing the fact that the parents are from mixed courts by simply including some babies from each court in it, instead of mixing body features. I'm doing this both becuase it's convenient, and because I've seen clutches in the records of VC that had two types of court offspring. If anyone knows for sure that i should doit some other way, however, please tell.

+parents each get reserves for their clutches-- which means Ty has 2 reserves from the dark court, Kitsuneko has 1 reserve from both light and blood court [each], and starfyre has 1 reserve from both light and dark court [each] and 2 reserves from each side clutch. I get 1 reserve from each side clutch, and all extras. THERE WILL BE NO NPC'S AFTER THIS CLUTCH, so if you want dragons, submit a character orask for a giveaway character.

+Reserves are on default each parent,a nd they are sponsored dragonets. However, if you'd rather something else happen, or theybond or someone else sponsors them, instead of theparents, I can arrange that.

+If you'd rather get a giveaway characterbecuase you're pressed for time or you just want one, feel free to ask for one. However, I'd prefer if you sent me 1 normal character for every 2 giveaway characters. That's a preference, so you don't have to, but yeah.

+ You may send as many characters as youwant to this clutch, bond/sponsor. Some mayf ail to bond,but then again, there is a potential for more eggs.

+Like witht he firelizard images [that istill owe people and will get to], if you want your dragon to have some accesories, like a collar ora necklace or an object of some sort, I can arrange that. Request it when you send your candidate in, on the form, and I'll draw it in when I'm colouring the image. :3 I'd prefer those candidates, sooner than later, if only because I'm gonna colour the images as soon as i'm done drawing the template, not based on what candidates I'm going to be recieving.

+Please send your candidatesto me on this thread. Form will be below. You can also email themto me (dada.siegt@gmail.com), but please do not pm them to me. PM's get deleted accidently. X.x

!!Addition! + Mitch and his crew were unable to hold it back any longer- they did, indeed, add a few things, and some things Mindspace itself added, thanks to the tons of excess magic in theair. The babies in teh sub clutches will be able to use some magic-- a side effect of the gender-changing magic that allowed them to be concieved- and Mitch also added some genes for pattern variation-- light spotting in lighter shade of the base colour, or sock markings, or points. that sort of thing. Mindspace, however, seems to have wanted to take this further, making the markings on the babies more outragious and adding very light additions of another colour on therare occasion. In addition, glowing symbols have appeared on some of the babies. No one's quite sure what they mean, but they're there, and Mitch did not add them. Who knows, perhaps mindspace was trying to communicate?
[I.e, babies in the sub clutches will have markings, sometimes simple, like socks or lighter spots, and sometimes more severe, like patches or swirls or other such things. A very few of them will have light occurances of another colour, but they will still be considered the colour of their base. (green spots on ablue dragon, for instance). In addition, some dragonets will have glowing symbols on them. This is only for the sub clutches, andeach subclutch have both markinged and symboled dragonets.)

+Deadline is Febuary 3rd, which isa little less than a month from today. I will accept reserves, but if you're pending with a reserve, and someone else has a candidate to fill that slot bythe time the deadlien roles around, they get it. The most I will wait past the deadline for candidates is two days, and it's more likely to be one day. The only candidates I will accept past the deadline are those owned by people who tell me beforehand that they aren't going to make the deadline, and thus need an extra day or two.

Previews
All babies will come with that little plushie thing. IC, if you want them to be IC wise, they're little animated plushies. So like pets you don't have to feed. If they get destroyed or abandoned becuase the dragon's too old to play with them, they simply dissapear back to mindspace. :3
Previews for subclutches-

Detailed clutch information

Pairs
Blood Court: Prototh (purple, F) x Tricoloth (red, M)
Light court: Aheth (Purple, F) x Arezoth (Brown, M)
Dark Court: Netearth (gold, F) x Rath (bronze, M)

Side Clutch 1: Sueth (Blue M Bloodcourt, fullgender switch) x Haznath (Purple M Darkcourt)
Side Clutch 2:Krith (bronze M Darkcourt, full gender switch) x Luzuth (Bronze M Lightcourt)

Candidates
Light Court-
--Reserve for Kitsu [Giveaway Character]
--Reserve for Starfyre
--Reserve for DNS
--Kydel [bond, Astra]
Dark Court-
--Reserve for Tygryph
--Reserve for Trygrph
--Reserve for DNS
--Noemi [Sponsor, Kitsu]
--Brevard [Bond, Astra]
Blood Court-
--Reserve for Kitsu [Giveaway Character]
--Reserve for Starfyre
--Reserve for DNS
--Geitas [Bond, Astra]
Side 1-
--Reserve for Starfyre
--Reserve for Starfyre
--Reserve for DNS
--Rhusar [bond, Kitsu]
Side 2-
--Reserve for Starfyre
--Reserve for Starfyre
--Reserve for DNS
--Lahnra [bond, kitsu]

Forms
Your Name:
Email:
Candidate's name:
" Gender:
" Species:
" URL:
Bond/Sponsor:
PReferences:
Anything I should know?
mods/accesories:
Comments?
Last edited by DNS on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Squee! I'll send a candidate when I get the time *is suddenly candidate inspired again*
ImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

And, all the information is up. :3 Have at it.
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

i'll send in people not sure how many but at least 2
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Yay! :3 thanks both of you for telling me~
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

any reason the form isn't working or is it just me
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Nope, the forms are not up. You have to email them to me or post the characters here, which reminds me i forgot to include the forms. -goes up to add-
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I am definitely going to send some candidates into this! ^ ^
Can't wait.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

baby example image up. :d
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Oh my, that is SO cute with the little lion-cub image <3

I intend to send three candidates, one for each clutch, if possible...
ImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 Thankyou. I ency the little dragons that have them~
And that is perfectly fine. Appreciated, in fact.

For all info-
Something will beup with the side clutches-- what it is will still be decided. but they'll be able to use some magic, they'll have coat patterns and something else.

Also, blood court preview is up.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Information on this thread updated. Everything ican think of, i think.

Deadline added.
More info on subclutches added.
Previews for regular clutches done. [dark court]
Previews for sub-clutches added, a plain and a symboled.

That's everything. :3
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Hey, can I get two giveaway characters for my parental reserves, and I'll send you some more candidates in a bit. :)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

^^ Sure. I'll note it on the site~
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Rhusar and Lahnra have decided they want to bond, and their sponsorer's going along to do what she does best. :D

Your Name: Kitsuneko
Email: silver_Storyteller@yahoo.com
Candidate's name: Noemi (and Danger)
" Gender: Female/Male
" Species: Anthro Lynx/Dragon
" URL: http://www.geocities.com/darklingdawnpe ... anger.html
Bond/Sponsor: Sponsor
PReferences: Dark Clutch
Anything I should know? Nope
mods/accesories: N/A
Comments?

Candidate's name: Rhusar
" Gender: Male
" Species: Dragon
" URL: http://www.geocities.com/darklingdawnpe ... ahnra.html
Bond/Sponsor: Candidate
PReferences: One of the subclutches
Comments?

Candidate's name: Lahnra
" Gender: Female
" Species: Dragon
" URL: http://www.geocities.com/darklingdawnpe ... ahnra.html
Bond/Sponsor: Candidate
PReferences: The other subclutch
Comments?
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-squeels- candidates! -clings-so early,too. thankyouthankyou, kitsu. ^^ I shalt add them to thepage later today.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Okay I finished my candidates! They all share the same story which is lame and cliche but I had to write it because I have been itching to write a lame and cliche story for awhile. So here we go.

Your Name: Astra
Email: martianlunatic@gmail.com
Candidate's name: Kydel
" Gender: male
" Species: human
" URL: http://www.moon-struck.net/pyrusweir/th ... kydel.html
Bond/Sponsor: bond
Preferences: Light Clutch
Comments?

Candidate's name: Brevard
" URL: http://www.moon-struck.net/pyrusweir/th ... evard.html
Preferences: Dark Clutch
Comments?

Candidate's name: Geitas
" URL: http://www.moon-struck.net/pyrusweir/th ... eitas.html
Preferences: Blood Clutch
Comments?
ImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Bah, not lame! I'm liking what i'm reading of it. :3 And I love Brevard. He's inspiring. <3

Besides, multiple characters in one story is more convenient, and it lets me see more of a character's personality, which is what I'm looking for. ^^ That's one of the best ways to define a character's personality, really, through character interaction. And if there are three candidates interacting in a story, all the better.
:3 twice as betters, since i didn't expect any stories. XP -huggles astra- thankyou! I shall add them to the lists. Actually, i should update the lists in general. :3

sorry for ramblies!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Bumping this, becuase there's two weeks left till deadline~

does anyone think i should reshade hte images?
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Nessie dear you're way too hard on yourself. I think the images look lovely ^_^

Also, could I request a give-away character from each of the sub-clutches? Feel free to bump them if other people with actual characters want the spots, but just in case? :)
ImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Oh, Astra+Kitsuneko+ everyone who's thinking of asking mef or giveaway characters--
Do you have a preference of what generator i use to make said characters/what species they are?
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

No preferences. :D
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Just a note- the deadline closes in about.. a week. :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nessie! Some candidates for you! :D My first Vella Crean dragons evar! Wooh!

Your Name: Dray
Email: dracothrope@gmail.com
Candidate's name: Aleta Garandevierken
" Species: Aigard
" URL: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... /aleta.htm
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... irck01.htm
Bond/Sponsor: Bond
Preferences: Prefer non-purples or greens, please.
Anything I should know?: Aleta is the leader of this little group. She's interested in spying about BSW and any surrounding areas, and is in charge of making sure that her team-mates gain information, as well.
mods/accesories: O.o? Dunno?
Comments? This is the section of story specific to BSW, but the backstory is important, too.
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... irck02.htm

Candidate's name: Gealle Garandevierken
" URL: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... gealle.htm
Anything I should know?:
Comments? This is the section of story specific to BSW, but the backstory is important, too.

Candidate's name: Levin Garandevierken
" URL: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... /levin.htm
Anything I should know?:

Candidate's name: Matchtel Garandevierken
" URL: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... tchtel.htm
Anything I should know?:

Candidate's name: Rikard Garandevierken
" URL: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... rikard.htm
Anything I should know?:

Candidate's name: Wynja Garandevierken
" URL: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... /wynja.htm
Anything I should know?:
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-clings- omg a lot. :D and with a story, too. dray, you rock. XP this will fill out my clutches a little. :3 actually, a lot. -needs to go update candidate page-

thankyoutankyou.

now! to story reading.

questions-- no preference about what clutches they go into? :3 which is cool, i'll just mix'm up. and hwen you say non-purples or greens, does that means no greens as well, or yes greens? :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

One per clutch-ish, please? I'm not a fan of purples <i>or</i> greens, is what I meant on that part of the form. Sorry for the lack of clarity, there!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

That's cool, i'm remarkably dense with things like that. :3 -hugs- -goes off to take another look at candies-
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I am definitely sending in a candidate for the Blood Court clutch! Would you reserve a spot for me?!
<3
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

mhmm. ^^ Probably won't need a reserve, though. :3 you'll get it to me before the third, or do you want an extention..?

:D Looks like i won't be keeping as many as i thought.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

... augh, that's this Saturday, isn't it...

*facedesksigh* fisk you, time.