Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

I'll probably open the breedings very soon (maybe even tomorrow or Sunday!), but they stay open for a few days and I give notice before they close ^_^ The breedings that happened earlier this month were kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing, and so didn't get the notices they usually do.

I take in as many applicants as interested.. this generally ranges anywhere from 15 to 30. I randomly select who receives a foal, and the number I do is basically however many I feel inspired to do (usually 10 or so). Sometimes I give everyone a foal.. but that tends to burn me out, so I don't do that too often >_>;;

*is so happy to see people excited about Sams again* ^__^
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

If anyone isn't picky about owning all the Sams in their Song, I have two Songs that can still take mares. Only Shifting Prism is maxed out with mares, so there's still these two:

http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/Lands/EtherealFlame.html - Ethereal Flame can take two more mares.

http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/Lands/CeruleanSky.html - Cerulean Sky can take three mares. They'll be getting revamped nicely soon, promise!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

So, who has a Lamanayr Stallion for my Lamanayr mares then? I wish I had one of my own but unfortunately I don't...

Can mother and daughter be in the same song or is that just too weird?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Eh heh, some old Sams in those Songs *hides eyes* XD;

@Xalia - You can always breed your Lams with a regular Sam stallion.. though I guess you might be wanting purebred Lamanayrs?

Hm. Your two are a special case, since under normal circumstances Drumming of the Prismatic Wings's father would be the Song's stallion, and that would be a no-no.. I'm going to say it's okay if their personalities allow it - personally I'd be a little weirded out, but if they're fine with it.. XD;
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Maybe I'll just look for seperate songs for them...I would like at least one of them to end up in a pure Lamanayr Song though...that would be really cool...but I suppose one or two of mine can breed with a regular Sam....
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

The Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings finally has a home online again! Your one stop for all your Samanayr information needs. The new address is:

http://members.shaw.ca/skysong/sotr

Please update your links!

@Xalia - I can't think of any Lamanayr-led Songs off the top of my head, but if I can find any I'll let you know!
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Woot! o.o :: goes to add the link to her Sam's page ^^ ::
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

*cheers for the re-opening of the Song of the Rainbow* Will this mean that the entire City of Shar site is coming soon? And will we be seeing the return of Hint, Fire, or Catcher, or will there be a new Song?
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

The City of Shar is slowly coming back in bits and pieces ^_^; It's gonna take me a long time.. I need to go and get the files off of the computer at my parents' house before I can really start going on the old pages.

My next goal is to get Kenist Miana Ranch up, and then the rest of the Shar site, gallery and library and stuff.

There's going to be a new Song of the Rainbow as well! I like to change it up every few years, the supplied reason being that it gives the mares a rest, the real reason being that I get tired of drawing their foals! This'll be the Song of the Rainbow IV, and sometimes the old ones do come back for cameo appearances ^_^
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Here's a new Lamanayr Song if anyone's interested in getting some Lamanayr babies ^__^

http://timekeeper.vagueinsanity.net/son ... winds.html
seraaches
Fledgling

Post by seraaches »

*snugs Sky*

bwahahaa!! yosh! i have 3 Songs available. ^^

http://timekeeper.vagueinsanity.net/song/

these are my smeksy stallions, all of which are quite special! ^^
http://timekeeper.vagueinsanity.net/samanyar/

Cold Copper can only take two more mares, but the other two can both take four. ^^

Yes, Edged Winds is led by a Lam stallion! ^^ feel free to e-mail me if interested!

seraaches at vagueinsanity dot net
Hawkings Crest

"While I have no clue wot you're saying, I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence wotsoever."
~Kyouya-sama, Ouran High School Host Club
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Well, I don't have any Sams, but... might I reserve a breeding between Clang of the Copper Hooves and Cold of the Arctic Rainforest once the September breedings open up? I really like your stallions... *foot shuffle*

Hm... random trivia-ish... the call names are CopperHooves~Clang and ArcticRainforest~Cold, right? It's been a while.
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

September breedings are open!

http://www.livejournal.com/community/cityshar/6219.html

Forms are open until this Saturday.
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Two questions, Skysong :}

Actually they're both kind of the same. :x

Since I only -have- two Samanayrs, and no one responded to me when I said my stallion was interested in forming a Song with other people's mares, is there any possibility to forming a Song with my two Sams?

The only hugeulous problem is, of course, Rift of the Stormy Skies. :< She's a sa'krien. She and Drum of the Ram's Hooves do live in the same general area :/ I just don't know. I'm willing to write a story about them if you want, or do whatever else you'd like. But if it won't work between the two of them, that's fine too :D I just figured I'd ask ye :3

The second question was pretty much "will my Samanayrs breed?" and since I kind of covered that question above... there's the question XD
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Well, sa'kriens can, and do, breed. I just like there to be some kind of reason behind it.. so if you'd like to write a story, or at least give the gist of what goes down, that'd be fine ^_^
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

@_@ ~Pokes up~ Karasu put a Sa'krien mare in one of my Songs like....three years ago or so, at least. And I just kinda used her for breeding - do I have to write a story too?
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

DragonFlight wrote:@_@ ~Pokes up~ Karasu put a Sa'krien mare in one of my Songs like....three years ago or so, at least. And I just kinda used her for breeding - do I have to write a story too?
No, it's just something I've been trying to encourage more recently and I'm not going to enforce it for people who've had sa'kriens in their Songs for years ^_^;
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Whew, ok. ^^;;;; I could do a story later, when I have a little time, but thankies. ^^;
Database Being Revamped

Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Okay, another difficult question from me...are there any other Mystics out there? More specifically, Lamanayr Mystics?

Maybe I shouldn't be so picky, but the Songs sound so permanent that I don't want to put my Lams in a Song and then wish I could put them in a different one later... I'm tempted to just wait and see if I can get hold of a stallion one of these days...*ponders*
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

I went and looked and could only find a couple Lamanayr Mystic stallions.. and neither of them with a Song unfortunately. And their fosterers aren't really into cyberadoption anymore, so they're not too likely to make one >_>;;

I really wish the one on this page had a Song, though.. he's just too pretty!

You can always go for a breeding from someone else's Sams if you're not ready to go with yours this time round. I posted on page 2 a list of the 'open' Songs - you can apply for a breeding from them without having to ask permission.
seraaches
Fledgling

Post by seraaches »

Keilin Alyr wrote:Well, I don't have any Sams, but... might I reserve a breeding between Clang of the Copper Hooves and Cold of the Arctic Rainforest once the September breedings open up? I really like your stallions... *foot shuffle*

Hm... random trivia-ish... the call names are CopperHooves~Clang and ArcticRainforest~Cold, right? It's been a while.
Well, Cold's owner, from wot I understand, is already planning on signing with that breeding. I'm checking with Tint's owner. . . well, as soon as she gets online again! hehe

I usually cut them down to call names like that, if it helps any, but I don't know the actual "official" usage. hehe
Hawkings Crest

"While I have no clue wot you're saying, I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence wotsoever."
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

LakotaWolf wrote:Since I only -have- two Samanayrs, and no one responded to me when I said my stallion was interested in forming a Song with other people's mares...
*jumps up* I'd be willing to form a Song with you! I have two ladies looking for somewhere to go. Though, I would prefer they not go into the same Song since they're mother and daughter.

So, I have Flicker of the Candle's Flame ( http://www.geocities.com/diwpersonas/sfpmam.html ,second on the page)
and her daughter, Dancing of the Mysterious Lights ( http://www.geocities.com/diwpersonas/sfplig.html ) looking for somewhere to join! :D
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
seraaches
Fledgling

Post by seraaches »

i have 3 Songs still looking for mares, if you're interested.

http://timekeeper.vagueinsanity.net/song/
Hawkings Crest

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I just have my one stallion.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't such an idiot at times...
ImageImageImageImageImage
seraaches
Fledgling

Post by seraaches »

*snugs teh myr* diajoubu? :/

^^;;; lumi had to remind me that songs just have one stallion, i was all gung-ho for sticking at least two of them in together somewhere. ^^;;; HEHE

as an update, but Edged Winds and Winged Suspicion got a mare each. ^^
Hawkings Crest

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I used to have three songs worth of Sams.
ImageImageImageImageImage
seraaches
Fledgling

Post by seraaches »

*SNUGLOVESCHEWS* :/
Hawkings Crest

Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Skysong wrote:I went and looked and could only find a couple Lamanayr Mystic stallions.. and neither of them with a Song unfortunately. And their fosterers aren't really into cyberadoption anymore, so they're not too likely to make one >_>;;

I really wish the one on this page had a Song, though.. he's just too pretty!

You can always go for a breeding from someone else's Sams if you're not ready to go with yours this time round. I posted on page 2 a list of the 'open' Songs - you can apply for a breeding from them without having to ask permission.
That sucks...that is a really beautiful stallion...no way to gain use of him from the fosterer?
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Xalia wrote:
That sucks...that is a really beautiful stallion...no way to gain use of him from the fosterer?
He was a commission, so there's not much I can do, since I don't abandon commissioned Sams ^_^; But I'm sure there will be guys just as pretty as him someday!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

*L* I don't doubt it...I guess I'll just have to wait for another random Lamanayr Mystic to show up...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon