January Dragon Exchange - CLOSED

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Thank you so much StarFyre! That's brilliant! I love her so~! *snuggle glomps* Oohhhohohohoho it's love. *__*

Thank you very much! I just want to keep... petting... her...
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^.^ I make people happy, wee!

Phe, the main thing that stumped me for a second was, "... Which of the three should I pick?" =P Because I ended up having pose ideas for all three, Fighter, Mage, and Thief, but I thought the Thief pose was the cutest one.

Glad you like her, Rachael ^^ She was actually rather fun to pattern, I like doing abstract things like that, even if it does take me hours.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Those are gorgeous, Starfyre! :3 I love the shading you've done on all of them!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I think that's the one thing I've gotten better with over the year away, and I don't really know why. Maybe it's just a better understanding of what is accurate and what isn't gained from unconscious observations?

Anyway, after class today (of which I'm only going to one of my five...) I'm going to finish up the other two.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Rachael! Yes, Starry was bored again -- here's one for your late December request ^^

Yes, I did the weird doodles again, I hope you like them. I'm rather proud of how... deer-like this one turned out, drawing something so "bulky/built" isn't my typical style, but I think I pulled it off very well. *proudproudproud*

If you want me too, I can make up some quick racial-details off the top of my head, but he's (I've been thinking of this one as a male) a full shapeshifter, proudly independent, and able to do small water/ice/winter type magics. Hope you like!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

;-; Star, as always, i loves your art. -thought she'd commented already- they're all amazing. Your shading brings me much joooy~ ;-; -whines atn adn clings- That deer one's wing-sails look like the northern lights, for example. <3 very nice.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Heheheh. I swear, this is the last time I'm spamming this thread with images this month. Honest! ... can't promise about next month, though. *grins*

DNS Here ye go! Finally finished her, have fun with =P I tried with the glowies, but.. well, you know my luck with glow-things. *grins*

<.< Yes, well, if you want the image without the accessories as well I can do that easily. *nods* Since they kinda hide her patterning in places.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I like her accessories. I like everything. -clingsto- she's perfect. ;-; like seriously. Her shape, and the jewelry, and the pattern, and three eyes, and THEGLOWIES [which are fine]. And as always, your shading is amazing. how long did this take? -clings- all that time i was talking to you, or what?

thankyou, star. ;-;ioweyoutonsandtons.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*looks at when she posted Rachael's* ... Yours took me about four hours to color and shade, not counting the random breaks I took. I'd already outlined all five of them at an earlier time, which I think took about an hour and a half apiece, except for Phe's which took a half hour 0_o;;

The jewelry honestly took the longest because I couldn't decide on colors and kept recoloring them =P
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Oh Star I think I am in love. I... Have no good words. I've not slept in two days, so I have been staring at him for the last ten minutes... just awed. He is INCREDIBLE and if you want to write something up for him I'd love it, but not required.

...Back to staring.

THANK you so incredibly MUCH - he is just... LOVE. :P
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_O Star, can we make brain-babies? Those are gorgeous!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dray: I take it I should keep up with the random arting then? *laughing*

Rachael: His race is the Diyariska, a race of deer-dragons that came about in the dawn of their world and are often called "Protectors of the True" for their habit of defending certain families as long as the families didn't betray the oaths that had been made long ago in the ancient days. Legends and rumors go that, during times of difficulty and war, several Diyariska would appear to act as mounts to those they decided were worthy, but they never bonded or even stuck around for very long after the issue was resolved. They can speak both aloud (preferred method if they're speaking with strangers or acquaintances) or by telepathy (only shared with family, relatives, mate/children, and very close friends). Unlike deer, they're traditionally loners or live in small family groups (which can include an adult female, perhaps a younger sister of hers, and up to two generations of offspring for both females, usually no older than ten years of age but occasionally older if they're females -- occasionally a male will be part of the small family group for a couple of years, especially when their children are young). They give live birth, typically bearing twins, and it takes about five years for the children to grow into adulthood, during which time the mother won't bear more children until either the children are adults or they're dead by some means.

As a race, they come in colors both natural and un- (his violet-blue with swirl-patterns and fiery antlers and hooves for example), and those are typically inherited from the parents, as are powers (which run the full spectrum of potential affinities, powers, and strengths).

I think that covers most of it =P Sorry, I'm being distracted by a very large game of Heroes going on about six feet away.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow
E-mail: thepoohbear1993@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Black with whatever color/s you think fits the elements
Features: One head, two wings, and four legs, 1-3 tails
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Magma, Fire, Metal
Theme: Dark
Name: Magma
------------------

Ugghhh. This whole month, this critter dragged its being drawn out until now. XD Sorry it took so freaking long. {hugs shadow}

I had some issues at first since Fire naturally generates light- and that's the opposite of dark!

His tongue's eyeball pupil can dilate to let a secondary, longer, smaller tongue complete with jawset and a tiny, poison-barbed tongue of its own inject burning magma into whatever he's attacking. His forepaws have five digits, and he has attached wyvern-style wings. His skin is leathery and capable of erupting in fire or magma at any time.

Also, since his fire abilities generate so much light, he's got thirteen eyes to make up for the sudden periods where he'd otherwise be blinded- and they also help him see in absolute dark, plus night vision, absolute darkvision and that funky thermal-vision (infrared?)- the heat his own body generates doesn't affect it. The metal spikes growing from his heat-resistant reinforced (natural!) spine can generate gouts of flame and supernatural darkness as well :D

He also insisted on being plain black so it would show off his magma-melting joy better. >.< And sorry if there's any white spots- I wiped 'em out in Photoshop but if they're still there, I suck. ;_; This is -definitely- not one of my better pieces and I'm so sorry x_x I'll redo if you don't like eet. I tried!

<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Dude! He's like...awesome!! -loveth teh Fuzzy- Leathery skin that can erupt into fire/magma at will is...is....that;s just like, really cool.

Phe: I'm gonna be late getting your critter out this month. My dad started limiting computer time to an hour...a day...>>...but I got my first tablet so I'll have another excuse to go five minutes over my hour. *hug*
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Yaaay ^ ^ [hugs] Glad you like :D
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )