January Dragon Exchange - CLOSED

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

January Dragon Exchange - CLOSED

Post by Xenoqueen »

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November 05 - Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Asha (April 06 - Received Mystic)
Astra (August 06 - Received Shard)
Calico (July 05 - Received Sherra)
Cy (June 06 - Received Samber)
DragonFlight (October 06 - Received TyGryph)
Drakiera (August 05 - Received Yakima)
Dray (October 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Ereandir (July 05 - Received DragonFlight)
GildedLily (December 05 - Received Cacopheny)
IceCat (August 06 - Received Dracothrope)
Indigo (September 06 - Received Kayla)
Kayla (December 06 - Received DNS)
Keilin Alyr (June 05 - Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May 05 - Received Shard)
Lakota (May 06 - Received Shard)
Lerial (December 05 - Received Astra)
Luna (October 06 - Received DragonFlight)
Mystic (December 06 - Received Rachael)
Neishai (March 06 - Received Shard)
PinkDragon (August 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Shard (December 06 - Received Phoenix)
Sherra (February 06 - Received Indigo)
Silver Midnight (October 06 - Received Jess D)
Starburst (February 06 - Received Jess D)
TyGryph (October 06 - Received Dray)
Unyko (September 06 - Received Kitsuneko)
Xalia (January 06 - Received IceCat)
Next, the greylist of people who have turned in their late image, but cannot rejoin the exchange until NEXT month.
Jess D
StarFyre
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)

If you must link to anything (references, music, etc.) DO NOT USE THE "URL" TAG! PLEASE include the full url itself. When I copy-paste, linked words turn into pure text, and I don't always remember to grab the url out of the link.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through January 7th.

When the round begins, make sure you get your image in on time! If you are late with the image you owe and did not fall prey to exonerating circumstances over the month (i.e. forgetting is not an excuse; family emergencies are) your re-joining of the exchange will be delayed until the month AFTER you finally turn in your image. So for example, if you were late for February and turn your image in any time in March, you will be allowed to join again in April.

During the round, if you need to secretly ask a question of the person you received, you can use the ExchangeTracker thread to do so. POST IN THAT THREAD! Do NOT use the ExchangeTracker account to post here.

After the round, when you've uploaded the dragon you received, don't forget to add it to the Dragon Exchange Database!

Aaaand here's the folkses that didn't get any art last month.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DNS
E-mail: Dada.siegt@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme: December is special month for me, so i want a special dragon. :3 Glowies, of the colours grayed purple and slate blue. maybe with some kind of reminder of coming in from the cold and huddling with a loved one in front of the fireplace-- not necessarily obviously on that theme, but perhaps in a pose, or with some odd lights that remind you of that or something, and that's totally optional. Also totally optional-- use one of my power animals (most any animal, so you can ask me on exchange tracker, but the big ones are as follows: Crow, Moth, Armadillo, Cat, Fox, Bat, or Porcupine. Can also be a combination of those animals, such as back plates or back spines.) Yet again, optional: symbol of one of the following gods/goddesses- (Isis, Bastet, Osiris or Anubis.) And, depending on how you want it to be used in the little mindspace-continuum thing, a vertical third eye in the center of the forehead. :3 Those last four are like.. totally optional, so you can ignore them completely or incorporate one or two.. like a salad bar, only not. Very Happy?
I have plans for this creature, IC- If it resonates with me a certain way, the thing will be a son/daughter of the Shaman of Mindspace. :3 otherwise, it will still be incredibly significant, but in a different way. :3 whether it does or not is mostly hit or miss, so just do whatever suits you. ^^
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Phoenix
E-mail: thexenoqueen@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See ref images
Features: Blond hair, theme-applicable features
Species: Any
Element(s): None
Theme: Quest For Glory Fighter, Magic User, or Thief

Lately I've been having a lot of fun replaying an old game series called Quest For Glory, and for lack of any other inspiration or character need, I figured I might as well make an exchange request of it!

My request is that you pick one of the three given character types and make a creature to fit it. Quest For Glory is all about being a hero (well, with many exceptions made for the Thief) so the creature should be designed to excel at its chosen profession!

For color-scheme ideas, I'm including screenshots from the first four of the five games. (The fifth game doesn't have an overall "uniform" look for the characters.) Admittedly they can be rather garish, but I'd like the creature's colors to reflect the look of one of the games. Nostalgia and all that!

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG1.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG2.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG3.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG4.gif

Name: Leave it up to me, please!
[About You]
Username: Rachael
Email: ashenpaw (@) gmail.com

[About the Image]
Colors: Reds or Blues or Silvers!
Features: A horn or horns, either reindeer, moose, or ram, with hooves, sentient, non-bonding, with a wicked awesome tail perhaps? Love manes or braids or feathers being woven in - a more equine or even vulpine, possibly deer-like build and/or structure. Able to assume a semi-human or human form. Not needing a bond, being perhaps an independent race rather than the normal dragon seen around these parts or other such dependents.
Species: Err, I suppose the above describes this. Wings would be nifty, too. =D
Theme: Winter, Snowstorm, being snowed in, crisp fresh winter's night (where the sky is never black nor blue), happiness, warmth, warm fire, hot cocoa, hot cider... Heh, somehow that is a theme.
Name: I'd love to name them when I see them, or you name them if struck!
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Sorry I'm late, took me longer than I expected to get this the way I wanted it!

Fuzzy, I got you!
Color(s): any
Features: pretties! Glowies, fluff, gemstones, feathers, pretty body markings, etc. I'd also like to see something Christmas-y, a la pine needles or mistletoe or holly ^ ^ ie, a very prettified dragon with a hint of wintertime wilderness. Mad
Species: dragon
Element(s):
Theme: see features
Name: any
Name: Garland (you can change it, if you prefer something else!)
Species: Dragon
Abilities: Flight without Wings, Telepathy, Teleportation, Verbal Speech (the basics, you can add more XD)
I came with a bit of history while drawing him up, you can keep it or make up your own!
History: Born on Christmas day, and to an unusual race of dragons, Garland was a normal looking kit, all fuzzy grey in his baby fur. His family expected him to be a cheerful little fellow to go with his holiday birthday. Then his adult coat came in. And their expectations changed drastically. On his lovely winter cloud colored coat appeared the pattern of holly, a clear holiday reference. As with many cultures, when a child is given a marking or name clearly linking it to a given holiday, others tend to think they are automatically cheerful about that holiday, and then the child rebels against it. His parents knew this and gave up on their little boy being the cheerful Christmas-lover they hoped he'd be.
He threw off the stereotype. His first birthday/Christmas, he did the one and only rebellious thing - a trio of earrings in his left ear. He then proceeded to go carolling, give gifts to everyone he saw, and generally make merry whenever possible. He continues to be almost obnoxiously cheerful at all times of the year, though he is usually forgiven, as he can cheer almost anyone up!

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DNS
E-mail: dada.siegt@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): see theme
Features: "
Species: "
Element(s): "
Theme: Something with a distinctly silent-hill like feel, but with glowies. Dragon, or dragon-breeding compatible.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

AAAEEEEE! XD OMG, that's *great!~!!* Thank you thank you thank you! XD [hugs ya] So I got you, and you got me! x33 *amused!* I shall page ASAP. :D ... in the morning ASAP, that is.. ^^*

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: fuzzy
E-mail: nonanut@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any you'd find on a plant, flower, tree or rock
Features: can be any: leaves, thorns, flowers, plants, bark, mosses, stones, gemstones, herbs, trees- anything you can find in the wild that's good and 'earthy'. No fungus, please- ickies!
Species: dragon
Element(s): earth
Theme: earthiness- this year I'm doing a lot of earthy things- graduating college, getting a job (actually, it just has to be formalized! XD I've as of a few hours ago been given a car- OMG WOOHOO!)- and so I'd like an earthy dragon.
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow
E-mail: thepoohbear1993@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Black with whatever color/s you think fits the elements
Features: One head, two wings, and four legs, 1-3 tails
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Magma, Fire, Metal
Theme: Dark
Name: Magma
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Phoenix
E-mail: thexenoqueen@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See ref images
Features: Blond hair, theme-applicable features
Species: Any
Element(s): None
Theme: Quest For Glory Fighter, Magic User, or Thief

Lately I've been having a lot of fun replaying an old game series called Quest For Glory, and for lack of any other inspiration or character need, I figured I might as well make an exchange request of it!

My request is that you pick one of the three given character types and make a creature to fit it. Quest For Glory is all about being a hero (well, with many exceptions made for the Thief) so the creature should be designed to excel at its chosen profession!

For color-scheme ideas, I'm including screenshots from the first four of the five games. (The fifth game doesn't have an overall "uniform" look for the characters.) Admittedly they can be rather garish, but I'd like the creature's colors to reflect the look of one of the games. Nostalgia and all that! This doesn't mean the creature needs to be bipedal and/or clothed! You can do that if you want, certainly, but all I'm really after are the colors and blond hair.

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG1.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG2.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG3.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG4.gif

Name: Leave it up to me, please!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

... I have to say that I'm sorry - but that request stumped me entirely, sweet. I remember playing at least 1 version of that game but... it's just not dragonny enough in my mind to have gotten what you might want out of it. i'm going to continue trying but it's probably gonna be a while.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

All I'm really after is a creature that's a mage, a warrior, or a thief, that's blond-haired and in colors from one of the games. ^^; I guess I didn't communicate that well? It doesn't even have to be a dragon--it could be a griffin or an elf or an alien or whatever the heck you feel like drawing.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Man, tiny group. XD I'm off to send out the emails--you three check your inboxes shortly!
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

What do you expect, when most of the Nexus is blacklisted and the rest is uber-slow? XD :: has forbidden herself from doing this again until she's uploaded at least some of the ones she's gotten in the past XP ::
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I'm not a good drawer-ist person and half the time I don't have a scanner that works :( So that's why I am continually blacklisted, sadly.
ImageImageImage
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Sorry, Phe. I'd LIKE to get back into this, but I can't do anything much in the way of art until my parents either get a new computer or fix the other one. Really annoying.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Aw, nobody's gotta apologize, I was just abstractly amused. (Used to be I needed 30-60 minutes to distribute names. Only took 5 this time.)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

This is totally a record for me. But what can I say, I was hit by the muse like WOAH.

Silent Hill does that to me.

Oh DNS....

This is an example of a once-normal creature who had the misfortune of meeting the Red Demon and surviving...if you can call being reduced to such a state "surviving".

It is no mere shapeshifting, no simple corruption of the flesh that has been wrought on this poor beast. No, this is what it is to have the very rules of your existence rewritten and befouled: to be sightless and still see, to be malformed and move with supernatural agility, to be frightfully intelligent and hopelessly mad, to be forever dying and untouched by death....

Enjoy.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

O.O *falloverscramblehidebehindnessie* Holy.. or actually, more like unholy. *twitch* Phe, I've gotta hand it to you. That thing is -awesome-. *still o.oing*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shadow »

AWESOME!! *nevers wants to corss paths with The Red Demon ^^;*
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

omg. omgomgomgomgomgomgOMG.
-clings to phoenix- I love you. and it. omfg.
That's everything I was thinking ofand more! I love the glowy, and the bandage effects, adn the shading-- it looks like something right out of those game books, you know? or something like that. The textures, and the shading and the lighting and it's so perfect and 3d and omfg.
-clings- how'dyoudothat? -happyglee- He's perfect!

I'm rambling in speechlessness. -clings- aasdjahksdah LOVE. -clinggnaw- thankyou! thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

XP I, too, never want to cross paths withthered demon. :3 -clinggnawhappy-
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Buahaha. X3 How, you ask?

1) Start by being a huge Silent Hill fan. (This is obvious, after all I have a Pyramid Head dragon.)

2) Stare at lots of Silent Hill art. (Not for the first time. This is always fun.)

3) Copy patches of monster-skin under a semi-transparent layer of my own colors to help lend to that Silent Hill look.

4) Shade and wet-gleam to taste! X3

Glad you like. It was marvelously fun. XD
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

O.O It looks like it used to be a Hathian.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Hey, once I finish mine for Gail they can all sit down to a tea-party!

Awesome, Phe!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Mystic Dragon wrote:O.O It looks like it used to be a Hathian.
Oh dear. Completely unintentional, I assure you! XD
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP I'm going to have to try that. I already have the silent hill fan part down.

and hee, I wish I /could/ use that for a backstory. :3 -pets him- I'll say he was just a particularly unlucky wyvren-type thing. :3

-clings to pheonix- I'm still worshipping the ground you walk on. XP I prolly will be for awhile. -goes off to page him-
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Fuzzy!
I already showed you this on IM, but here you go again-
or This, but I don't like that version as much.

Red Granite, and some gray stone, with amber for the hooves and the wings. Dunno why it has hooves, itjust does. :3 wanted them there, i guess. I was thinking it's fur could be made out of stone or something, like, each strand, but idunno. you decide? X.x Sorry it's not more earthy. :3

It's supposed to be a fox. dragon. thing. :3 Powers would probably have something to do with earth and/or plant manipulation.

congrats on getting that job! :3 and a car, andeverything.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hooves = cloppy sounds! :D That's so cute! Nice pose.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

SQUEET! He's soooooooo cute >0<~<3 and he's very earthy to me :D

I wonder if heat melts his hooves? >3

Thank you sooooo much! *snags pic #2 and will upload him soon!*

thank you thank you thank you XD<3

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

D: I hope not. poor baby, if it does, he'd be hoofless. XP amber's not that strong of a shiney thing, is it?

^^ Glad you like. and thankyouboth~
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Pine resin. X3 Splits very easily. *has 7 grams of the stuff*

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Well, Starry decided that it's about time she got off the blacklist >.>;; Sooo...

Rachael so excessively sorry about making you wait this long, but have a critter? I'm kinda pleased with how she came out...
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Rachael
E-mail: ashenpaw@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Reds and Oranges and Blacks
Features: A single, multi-pronged and hollow (with tiny holes air can flow through) horn in the middle of the forehead.
Species: Shadhahvar-Dragon hybrid. Shadhahvar is a Persian Unicorn - think antelope/deer body, lots of sharp teeth for eating meat, and some wickedly deceiving doe/horse-like eyes.
Element(s): Not a really elemental creature.
Theme: Deadly temptation?
Name: If you have one, please tell, otherwise, "Thrall". XD

Well, I tried to make her all "temptation-ish-y" but I'm not sure if I succeeded... I hope you like her?

Annndd... Sil, this one's yours. Sorry-a, but I'm not very pleased with it, and have about five other sketches sitting around that I dislike even more...
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Silver Midnight
E-mail: silverfirelancer@gmail.com

~ABOUT YOUR SELF-CRITTER~ (again, NOT your current avatar!)
Colour(s): Well usually I think blue/black/silver...but really it doesn't matter. 0.o I can also be reds, creams, green (heh), brown, red-brown... So any of the colors I've listed. You make an ugly color combination and I hurt you. =P
Features: Probably fur, thick fur at least in one spot, as I've almost always had long hair. Curls are good, too.. Gold-green eyes, golden hazel I guess you'd say as I think those are my defining characteristic... Um. Feathered wings, catlike paws, and catlike ears? XD
Species: Dragon...I definitely think dragon. 0.o Anthro dragon is good, too, though.
Element(s): Spirit, Shadow, and Fire.. I'm certainly fiery enough. >>; But also spirited/dreaming of different things. And of course kind of morbid and fascinated with the supernatural.
Theme: I dunno, afraid to fly? XD I can never fly in my dreams, and am always afraid I'll fail at something.
Gender: Female. Like Gail, it would be pretty impossible to mistake me for a man.

I could always attempt another try or two if you don't like this one much... I am sorry I couldn't do better or get this to you in any real sense of time.
Last edited by StarFyre on Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Phoenix ... eh, so I ended up getting bored and did yours as well -- I was going to wait until I actually had all of them done before I posted any, but I felt proud of myself doing three in one day, while watching Bleach nonstop.

So uh, yeah, there's your late one. A Thief from #4, generally bipedal, dexterous hands with opposable thumbs, skilled at picking pockets but most definitely prefers the roofwalk and breaking into people's houses... for a good cause, of course *shifty eyes*. His tail is able to be used as another limb, and is dexterous enough to untie knots, lift items, and even pick locks if he feels like showing off.

Enjoy. ^^
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

::SQUEALS!:: Ohmygosh! Happysurpriseglee! Oh my goodness thank you sooooooooooooo much! I swear I was *just* sitting here reflecting on how my request seems to stump the people that get it and you just made me feel soooooooooooo much better. :D :D :D :D

I am *so* entertained at the clothes-into-patterns stuff. XD I hadn't imagined it going that way, but I love it! It looks great! He's adorable. X33333

Thankeethankeelessthanthree. <3