Twisted Fate - 06 Psuedo-Hatching

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Cripes, a year later.

Ahem. So with the Destiny having showed a little bit of life, that means it's the Fate's turn. Catastrophe godlings are up next and I... have lost every single candidate that was submitted. But hey, fresh slate.

So there's what's coming up and I need people to inflict them on. Bonders only, no sponsors. These kids are god-spirits and MAJOR evil, so send me compatible candidates! Or resend me the ones I lost. Either's good!

No deadline as of yet, since I'm still breathing life into things.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

*dies of awesomeness overload*

O___O

Did I ever send you a story for Kyra's sponsorship? :/ I can't for the life of me remember.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Glad you approve! X3 <3

Did you? I have no clue anymore. But you don't need to, either -- the Prestory you wrote basically counts as your application story. You only have to write more than that if you want to bring home TWO kids rather than just your freebie.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Aw nuts, my forms appear to be broken. Hold those submissions while I attempt to figure out what....
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Welp, I don't know what broke or how, and I don't know .php to fix it cuz the code was given to me by someone else long ago. XD Soooo we're back to old-fashioned email forms. ;P
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:D Racun will need a friend. I shall have to type something up (she has no love since I've only been writing the 'good guys' side of their story for some time now! :x) Hope these guys don't mind minions of the terrifying zombie variety, because Racun likes to travel with all of the creature comforts!
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I had planned on taking home more than one of the little chaos-brats. :D They're so cute in that blackest-of-evils kind of way.
Molly
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I just had an evil thought:

Send Philippe in for something Necromancy/evil.

Oh, hell would break loose on Pern...or at least just Falas. LOL

J'ren would kill me...or have Ainnth flame me. :P And Philippe isn't evil/evil...he just knows 'evil' magic. :P

*coughs* Anyway...XD
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

If this is still open after my finals are finished, I'll have something for you. Mmm.. evil characters...
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I have such a hard time making truly evil characters... :/
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

I'm with you, Shard. So many of my 'evil' characters are more misunderstood or merely warped rather than truly evil...

Those are some awesome looking dragons though!
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Well if it aids the muses at all, bonders don't have to be evil themselves, per se. "Compatible" could also allow candidates that aren't evil but don't mind a bond that's the incarnation of catastrophe? It just seems, yanno, easier to bond evil to evil. XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah, there's that too. I need to see whether I have an existing character who hasn't yet been abused and coersed into being a dragon-bonder yet for that.... :)

I mean, seriously, Max is the closest I come. She's kind of erratic, chaotic, but she's not "evil" in the slightest, and knows that she's better off not really causing any lasting damage. Still. I'm sure that there's someone in my large stable of people that I can figure a way... because I gotta have one. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I need to dust off the story I had, as I recall I was fairly proud of it, but I was hosting it on some temporary hosting that I no longer have. I had hoped to have these incarnations of catastrophe bond with my own universe's battle goddess who, in reality, just really enjoys blowing things up :D
ImageImageImage
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I should probably remind everyone that if you were to send in a not-so-incredibly evil candidate to this Synth, they would probably undergo some soul-corruption, if their new bond finds their alignment unsatisfactory.

I mean, there's always exceptions, and I'm not the absolute authority here.
Evil isn't always destructive. x3
Molly
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Ooh, now there's a thought I hadn't considered. Seekers collect GOOD candidates in order to see how the godlings corrupt them! XD

Maybe I should remove the alignment restriction from the page. >3 In case anyone wants to pursue that sort of option. XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol that's just mean :D

I think I still have a couple of Virus's offspring to make. They're nice and chaotic, seriously.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Aight, I'm setting a deadline for Biotheurge 06: May 22nd!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

There's about one week left to get candidates in on the godspirit clutch!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Augh, already?!

XD Hmmm, let's see if I have enough time to concentrate at work in order to write a story. My brain's been so far-gone from dragoning lately, but deadlines help to reel me back in.

(I've missed so many Phe-clutches! I don't want to miss this!)
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Gaaaah, I had a story for this clutch the first time, but it's on my old domain that went poof :( Unfortunately I'm out of town right now and I cant get at my old files. I'll try re-writing, but I'm still post-finals braindead right now. But I really don't want to miss out on this, especially since I did have a candidate, way back when :P
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Heyla, Phe? Is there any chance that I can get a slight extension for a candidate? I know we've had a while, but I've found it very difficult to concentrate on writing at work (so many little interruptions!) so I figured that if I bust my brains and write as much as possible on Saturday, I could have something in for you! For some reason I had thought the deadline was the 26th, too, not having checked back for a while in my assumed self-assured time allotment.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

All right, re-written and submitted! :D Let me know if I forgot anything. I'm completely scatter-brained.
ImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

I am currently in the process of scaring the jeebies out of myself for my candidate for this. I will (oh, I hope I will) get this in to you before I scare myself to death.

:D
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Hrm. Well, the deadline's slated as it is to coordinate with my day off, but considering the absolute dearth of candidates I have, okay, sure. I'm leaving the deadline as is on the website, but I'll let things in slide in through Saturday, too. No later than that, though! :)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh good, thank you :) I am still in the midst of even moving things around let alone *writing* anything, but having gotten a good deal more work on the geocities move done than I expected already, I will try to have someone in this one soon.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I told myself I wouldn't miss it and I did....but if you're sliding stuff for a little bit, I'll finish when I get back from visiting houses this afternoon. ^_^ (Trying to find the right one to buy eats up a surprising amount of time, I've realized. Huh.) ^_~
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Yep, if anyone else is going to slide candidates in, today is the absolute last day you can ignore the depleted deadline-countdown on the website and do so. :B
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Thank you so much, Phe! :) I'm'a get to work. Is it okay if it's a bit short? I don't want to ramble to make you read pages (and I don't mind at all getting a glass token. XD I always forget to buy those kinds of alterations anyways.)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I don't have any requirements on story lengths, I only require there BE one and that it tie to bonding/sponsoring somehow. As I'm sure you also did, I always hated those stories we got at SCD which never connected to the clutch at all and always left me thinking "so, wait, why does this char even want a dragon?" XD

Which can be a hard spin to put on a story, I know. ::eyes a million backburner character ideas that stand alone just fine but flop when dragons have to tie into it:: Hence the Fate's inclusion of Seekers to take dragoning-decisions out of characters' hands! :P